• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Gran Torino and Muscular are in One's Justice.

Gran Torino was basically confirmed already but it's nice to see him. I do wonder how he'll work due to his size, mainly due to how the customization gear is structured. And also, his hitboxes
*Iggy flashbacks*

Muscular was already expected but I'm actually kinda disappointed. I mean, yeah, he's important for that one fight but it's ONE fight. Guess I'll have to hope for Compress and Twice in the next game when they cover the Yakuza arc.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine complaining about inclusiveness and representation and saying the company doesn't give a **** about adding characters that are minorities or the likes when 7 heroes have been added post launch.

1 is an Egyptian.
1 is a robot created by an African child genius.
1 is Mexican.
1 is Nigerian.

Only two are white ladies.

Outside of 2 all the post launch heroes have been ladies.

But yes, let's complain about how Blizzard is doing this wrong because they added a hamster instead of a PoC or a gay representative.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine complaining about inclusiveness and representation and saying the company doesn't give a **** about adding characters that are minorities or the likes when 7 heroes have been added post launch.

1 is an Egyptian.
1 is Mexican.
1 is Nigerian.

Only two are 1 white ladies.

But yes, let's complain about how Blizzard is doing this wrong because they added a hamster instead of a PoC or a gay representative.
One one hand you're not wrong, on the other hand, Zarya's the only girl who doesn't have an extremely similar face and two characters outright have the same face.

D

Deleted member

1 is an Egyptian.
1 is Mexican.
1 is Nigerian.

Who said the hamster isn't gay?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One one hand you're not wrong, on the other hand, Zarya's the only girl who doesn't have an extremely similar face and two characters outright have the same face.
Sameface doesn't bug me when the characters have distinct personalities that are uniquely their own.

I mean almost all the new Disney ladies since they went CGI have the same face, yet they all have mostly different personalities (Granted Anna and Rapunzel have some similar quirks)

The PERSONALITY of a character is what matters. And there's more to a look than the face as well. There's the rest of the designs. And the rest of Overwatch's designs tend to be quite striking and well done.

I think they need to reveal more gay representatives though. They said they were when they announced Tracer was lesbian. I wish they talked more about Tracer's girlfriend in game.

But that's the only thing I can knock them for.

They've got an extremely diverse cast of characters that have different occupations, nationalities, personalities, morals, and roles in the story,

Most other games we'd have a bunch of white dudes and maybe like 2 or 3 ladies.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly baffled people are reacting negatively to Hammond and, like, their problem with him is apparently lore??? I'm sorry but this game has a talking gorilla and a cowboy any sense of cohesive lore was thrown out of the window during planning phases

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sameface doesn't bug me when the characters have distinct personalities that are uniquely their own.

I mean almost all the new Disney ladies since they went CGI have the same face, yet they all have mostly different personalities (Granted Anna and Rapunzel have some similar quirks)

The PERSONALITY of a character is what matters. And there's more to a look than the face as well. There's the rest of the designs. And the rest of Overwatch's designs tend to be quite striking and well done.

I think they need to reveal more gay representatives though. They said they were when they announced Tracer was lesbian. I wish they talked more about Tracer's girlfriend in game.

But that's the only thing I can knock them for.

They've got an extremely diverse cast of characters that have different occupations, nationalities, personalities, morals, and roles in the story,

Most other games we'd have a bunch of white dudes and maybe like 2 or 3 ladies.
I'm just kind of bothered by how only one of the girls isn't really the typical generic attractive type. Brigette especially is bad cause she had 3 different faces and looks and now her face is just Mercy's
IMG_20180304_095159.jpg

I don't have it on me but there's this picture of all the girls' faces and they blend in together a lot more than the men's faces

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

1 is an Egyptian.
1 is Mexican.
1 is Nigerian.

People love to complain I guess.

Overwatch is one of the last games (that isn't a fighting game) anyone should be disappointed by in terms of diverse characters. Though that was something I never really cared too much about since that's lower on the totem pole on what makes me like a character.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean....

Zarya is muscular.
Mei is chubby.
Moira is very angular and almost other worldly looking.
Sombra's face and head is very round.
Brigitte's face and cheeks and chin are chubbier, her eyebrows are thicker, her makeup is different from Mercy's
Mercy's face and chin is thin and her eyebrows and make up are different.
Ana is an elder woman with wrinkles and a missing eye.

I could go on, but the women are different looking. Even the two you posted are not the same.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
No Waifu VG featuring the return of the revenge of Like
>Mfw another Zelgius banner appears when Im investing in another one... again.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People don't like Hammons because he's not a minority?

That's not Hammond'a fault at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean....

Zarya is muscular.
Mei is chubby.
Moira is very angular and almost other worldly looking.
Sombra's face and head is very round.
Brigitte's face and cheeks and chin are chubbier, her eyebrows are thicker, her makeup is different from Mercy's
Mercy's face and chin is thin and her eyebrows and make up are different.
Ana is an elder woman with wrinkles and a missing eye.

I could go on, but the women are different looking. Even the two you posted are not the same.
I really can't see it then. Also Meo isn't chubby judging from artwork she got and her weird ass model
DacxONkUQAA9xED.jpg

I have other issues with Overwatch mind you, like the retcons and business practises

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She's not chubby? Yet her face says she is. Her thights say she is. Her gut. She's clearly a woman with some weight on her.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lul I didn't know Blessings could stack
RIP Lyon; took a Micaiah to the face.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
overwatch is far more diverse than most other aaa titles, but that doesn’t mean we should fall into complacency (especially since many existing characters are stereotypical). complaining about hammond not being a black woman feels kinda weird and whatabouty though. if you want to see yourself in art that’s intrinsically 100% valid and important, and doesn’t need extrinsic justification by tearing down characters other people like

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
BOLD FIGHTER FODDER IN A BANNER!

THIS IS WHY I SAVED ON MY ORBS! THANK YOU, IS!

EDIT: 190 Orbs... not a single Hardin... **** you, IS...

At least, I got a Sigurd... because a summoning round had no blues... Is +HP/-Res good?

People don't like Hammons because he's not a minority?

That's not Hammond'a fault at all.
But aren't antropomorphic intelligent animals an endangered species? Sounds like a minority to me :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom