• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I found the most perfect video for when Waluigi gets confirmed as inevitable DLC. :troll:
Waluigi is never becoming DLC anyways because he is an Assist Trophy.
So that song will probably be used around the next Smash Bros. game.
Uuuh, hi.

Gotta a job interview on the 1st July, that is all
I hope it works out!
I also lost my phone. Somewhere around my room probably.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone is making a Sonic Forces mod that turns the Avatar's fight with Infinite into a 3D boss fight. It looks kinda Sonic Adventure-esque.

Chrono.

Someone is making a Sonic Forces mod that turns the Avatar's fight with Infinite into a 3D boss fight. It looks kinda Sonic Adventure-esque.

Really don't think Boost controls were made for this kind of boss fight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Really don't think Boost controls were made for this kind of boss fight.
Well the boost had nothing to do with it. Forces is actually based on Lost World's framework and has that game's tiered acceleration.

There is a mod for Modern Sonic in Forces that makes the 3D control smoother, such as having gradual acceleration and a better double jump.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hey Delzethin Delzethin , saw you new prediction roster on twitter. I think its good, I'm just thinking Rex/Pyra may not make it in is all.

Sure Sakurai may have known about Xenoblade 2 at the time, but since well its likely at the time Xenoblade's 2 combat may not have been fully finished at the time of 2015, I think that could be a strike against them for the base game roster, is all. And well, Sakurai does tend to stick to a plan, usually.

Plus, the moveset they would have I feel would be as complicated as Boswer Jr's was to make in 4, so its possible that Sakurai may have decided to pass on them, cause of a sooner deadline this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They already said the roster was conceived back in 2015 when they finalized Smash 4 DLC, the playground for newcomers is the same as it was for DLC back then.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
No way they make it in the base roster, but 99% of making it as DLC. Elma or Cross might end up representing XCX in the base roster maybe.

Chrono.

They already said the roster was conceived back in 2015 when they finalized Smash 4 DLC, the playground for newcomers is the same as it was for DLC back then.
Shovel Knight rumor from back then was actually for Ultimate CONFIRMED

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For me, Rex & Pyra vs Elma depends on where Xenoblace Chronicles 2 was with development. Sakurai may have wanted to include a new Xenoblade character, and had gone to Monolith Soft to get more info on Elma. But if XC2 was far enough along, to the point there Rex and Pyra had established designs and abilities, Monolith Soft could've pointed him towards Rex. Both would be Switch titles, so if the projected release dates were close, it could've happened.

Personally though, I think it's a stretch. I think Elma is pretty likely, and if Rex & Pyra are getting in, it'd be as DLC.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hey Delzethin Delzethin , saw you new prediction roster on twitter. I think its good, I'm just thinking Rex/Pyra may not make it in is all.

Sure Sakurai may have known about Xenoblade 2 at the time, but since well its likely at the time Xenoblade's 2 combat by not have been fully finished at the time of 2015, I think that could be a strike against them for the base game roster, is all. And well, Sakurai does tend to stick to a plan, usually.

Plus, the moveset they would have I feel would be as complicated as Boswer Jr's was to make in 4, so its possible that Sakurai may have decided to pass on them, cause of a sooner deadline this time.
For context, everyone, here's said roster:

Smash Ultimate Roster Prediction (June '18, Corrin Present).png

The part you mentioned is admittedly my riskiest decision here. We don't know how far along Xenoblade 2's details were by the time the roster was chosen, but part of me just kind of feels like we'll see another Greninja situation. That said, I could easily be wrong about that and we could end up with Elma on the base roster and Rex & Pyra as DLC. Either way, I'll be shocked if 1) we don't get a Xenoblade newcomer on the base roster, and if 2) Rex doesn't get in eventually.

What strange time is this, that I have Geno on a roster prediction and he isn't the biggest reach?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What strange time is this, that I have Geno on a roster prediction and he isn't the biggest reach?
What's more surprising is the lack of K. Rool, imo.

If E3 is anything to go by, Western demands are what made Ridley possible. That really helps K. Rool's chances. Unfortunately so given its fanbase...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

View attachment 150416

The part you mentioned is admittedly my riskiest decision here. We don't know how far along Xenoblade 2's details were by the time the roster was chosen, but part of me just kind of feels like we'll see another Greninja situation. That said, I could easily be wrong about that and we could end up with Elma on the base roster and Rex & Pyra as DLC. Either way, I'll be shocked if 1) we don't get a Xenoblade newcomer on the base roster, and if 2) Rex doesn't get in eventually.

We've spoken about it before, but I still feel that Chrom is the biggest stretch on that roster.

Otherwise, your other predictions are reasonable.

I notice your Lycanroc image has all three of them. You expecting a Pokemon Trainer-esque swapping mechanic between the three forms, the three forms to work together in a moveset, or because you're unsure of which one they'd go with?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I would if I had the Switch MK8.

But I thought I'd note you that other Switch games will also get Labo support, knowing that you own Labo.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/312191-nintendo-to-add-in-nintendo-labo-support-to-other-switch-games
Oh I'm aware. I expect they'll probably start out tame and offer fishing games the rod, but I'm mostly biding my time and waiting to see their next move.

Coolest thing I can envision would probably be something with the Robot Kit. Smash is the first jump, but even with more motions than punching around it's a few controls shy of a full loadout. Would work with something like the Wii UFC Trainer if there was any interest in resurrecting that game, but there's not. Expecting some real interesting news whenever that mech game they teased at E3 launches, though.

Imagine all the stuff you could pull with the House kit, too. Decorate a tiny Animal Crossing room a la Happy Home Designer, upgraded Pokemon Amie-style sessions via either of the Pokemon titles, petting minigame makes a comeback in Fire Emblem Three Houses...

And that's just with the kits we have so far. Smart money says there'll be a third set, probably a Variety Kit II.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

If E3 is anything to go by, Western demands are what made Ridley possible. That really helps K. Rool's chances. Unfortunately so given its fanbase...
The difference is that the western demands made Sakurai reconsider Ridley, a character who stayed relevant to his series.

It's entirely possible that Sakurai hasn't even considered King K. Rool (who, I said this once, has Dixie in his way and disappeared from his series completely only showing up once a decade ago to play baseball with Mario). If KKR makes it in I'd be surprised.

Also this is just my personal opinion and I mean no harm to his fans but Geno needs to never be playable in Smash, he has two appearances ever (one is a cameo) and in the game he was a main character in Mallo was more of one; it'd be incredibly unfair to see Geno but not Mallo, who could have just an exciting moveset (if not more of one).

Not to mention how Paper Mario and a Toad still haven't gotten in Smash yet; if Geno makes it in I'd be happy for his fans but I'd be so disappointed because fans shouldn't be the only reason a character makes it in.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Ridley had a lot in his favor in addition to Western demand. He's well-known within his series, relevant thanks to Samus Returns (which is a big deal for first parties who aren't retro picks), and had the moveset potential. His hangup before was Sakurai and crew not having a character concept for him that they felt satisfied with, but this time they figured one out that worked!

Fan demand seems to have made Ridley higher priority, but it didn't eliminate any roadblocks like the lack of relevance that K. Rool is still stuck with. Combined with the fact that Bomberman and Krystal, two characters with strong Ballot support, both ended up as Assist Trophies, and I'm starting to think the Ballot will be used in more subtle ways than we've been expecting. I don't think popularity alone will be able to save K. Rool right now.

That said, all he needs is to show up in a new DK game and he'd probably be an instant frontrunner for DLC.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ridley had a lot in his favor in addition to Western demand. He's well-known within his series, relevant thanks to Samus Returns (which is a big deal for first parties who aren't retro picks), and had the moveset potential. His hangup before was Sakurai and crew not having a character concept for him that they felt satisfied with, but this time they figured one out that worked!

Fan demand seems to have made Ridley higher priority, but it didn't eliminate any roadblocks like the lack of relevance that K. Rool is still stuck with. Combined with the fact that Bomberman and Krystal, two characters with strong Ballot support, both ended up as Assist Trophies, and I'm starting to think the Ballot will be used in more subtle ways than we've been expecting. I don't think popularity alone will be able to save K. Rool right now.

That said, all he needs is to show up in a new DK game and he'd probably be an instant frontrunner for DLC.
Fair enough.

The difference is that the western demands made Sakurai reconsider Ridley, a character who stayed relevant to his series.

It's entirely possible that Sakurai hasn't even considered King K. Rool (who, I said this once, has Dixie in his way and disappeared from his series completely only showing up once a decade ago to play baseball with Mario). If KKR makes it in I'd be surprised.

Also this is just my personal opinion and I mean no harm to his fans but Geno needs to never be playable in Smash, he has two appearances ever (one is a cameo) and in the game he was a main character in Mallo was more of one; it'd be incredibly unfair to see Geno but not Mallo, who could have just an exciting moveset (if not more of one).

Not to mention how Paper Mario and a Toad still haven't gotten in Smash yet; if Geno makes it in I'd be happy for his fans but I'd be so disappointed because fans shouldn't be the only reason a character makes it in.
Didn't Sakurai said he wanted to add Geno back in Brawl?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
We've spoken about it before, but I still feel that Chrom is the biggest stretch on that roster.

Otherwise, your other predictions are reasonable.

I notice your Lycanroc image has all three of them. You expecting a Pokemon Trainer-esque swapping mechanic between the three forms, the three forms to work together in a moveset, or because you're unsure of which one they'd go with?
The latter. I could see a solo Dusk concept, I could see a Midday+Midnight concept (which is fully possible now that Pokémon Trainer means they're open to transformations in a limited fashion). I could even see something as crazy as Midday+Midnight as the base character with Dusk as an echo of Midday that can't transform!

I decided to put all three in the icon since the point where the first project plan was made means all three have an argument now. After all, if I just kept the Dusk icon in there, people would think I wasn't taking said project plan into account!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At his latest TooManyGames panel, SomecallmeJohnny said he's gonna review Xenoblade Chronicles soon.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The latter. I could see a solo Dusk concept, I could see a Midday+Midnight concept (which is fully possible now that Pokémon Trainer means they're open to transformations in a limited fashion). I could even see something as crazy as Midday+Midnight as the base character with Dusk as an echo of Midday that can't transform!

I decided to put all three in the icon since the point where the first project plan was made means all three have an argument now. After all, if I just kept the Dusk icon in there, people would think I wasn't taking said project plan into account!
Fair enough.

Personally, I think that if we'd get Lycanroc, it'd be either Dusk or Midnight. Dusk was planned from the beginning, and so if he was planned to be promoted, I'd say that may help his odds a bit. Otherwise, Midnight's concept art may make him seem more appealing. Dusk and Midday's show their basic design, while Midnight's him punching Lucario. I know concept art isn't everything, but I still say it's something to consider.

Starlight_Lily

For me, Rex & Pyra vs Elma depends on where Xenoblace Chronicles 2 was with development. Sakurai may have wanted to include a new Xenoblade character, and had gone to Monolith Soft to get more info on Elma. But if XC2 was far enough along, to the point there Rex and Pyra had established designs and abilities, Monolith Soft could've pointed him towards Rex. Both would be Switch titles, so if the projected release dates were close, it could've happened.

Personally though, I think it's a stretch. I think Elma is pretty likely, and if Rex & Pyra are getting in, it'd be as DLC.
For me, I see Sakurai probably passing on Rex/Pyra if they were that far, cause the development time that the they would have to get, cause I think they'd end up with a Bowser Jr situation for Rex/Pyra only not as easy to fix because they have less time to get them to work and be balanced.

View attachment 150416

Well, thing is, I feel Rex/Pyra may not be a Greninja situation, cause to me, I think a person would very much need to see how Rex/Pyra work in the combat of Xenoblade 2, to come up with a working moveset, since 2 has its own take on the battle system and has differences from the original and X, where as Greninja, well since Pokemon's battle system at is base is very much the same, and the anime has a clear take on how Pokemon battles work in real time, a moveset for a Pokemon is easier to visualise is all.

And, yeah I can definitely see Rex/Pyra being DLC, if not base roster, cause Xenoblade 2 sold well, and people are requesting them.

And I honestly not sure if Elma would happen or not, cause no guarantee a Xenoblade character will happen this time.

Well, it helps Square is on board this time, and don't seem to be looking to burn the bridge with Nintendo anytime soon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
so a Meowth supporter came to me and started talking about how he would work and, thinking about it after he talked about it, He would be a pretty cool playable pokemon in all honesty
Oh I'm aware. I expect they'll probably start out tame and offer fishing games the rod, but I'm mostly biding my time and waiting to see their next move.

Coolest thing I can envision would probably be something with the Robot Kit. Smash is the first jump, but even with more motions than punching around it's a few controls shy of a full loadout. Would work with something like the Wii UFC Trainer if there was any interest in resurrecting that game, but there's not. Expecting some real interesting news whenever that mech game they teased at E3 launches, though.

Imagine all the stuff you could pull with the House kit, too. Decorate a tiny Animal Crossing room a la Happy Home Designer, upgraded Pokemon Amie-style sessions via either of the Pokemon titles, petting minigame makes a comeback in Fire Emblem Three Houses...

And that's just with the kits we have so far. Smart money says there'll be a third set, probably a Variety Kit II.
************, If Happy Home Designer got on switch and was Labo compatible, Id ****ing buy the ****ing house labo so fast that you wont know what happend

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
so a Meowth supporter came to me and started talking about how he would work and, thinking about it after he talked about it, He would be a pretty cool playable pokemon in all honesty
If it's the same one who talked to me, he sees like a pretty cool person.

Was pretty accepting of the fact that I wasn't a fan of getting a sixth Gen I Pokemon.

Starlight_Lily

An improved Pokemon amiee? Sign me up.

Fair enough.

Personally, I think that if we'd get Lycanroc, it'd be either Dusk or Midnight. Dusk was planned from the beginning, and so if he was planned to be promoted, I'd say that may help his odds a bit. Otherwise, Midnight's concept art may make him seem more appealing. Dusk and Midday's show their basic design, while Midnight's him punching Lucario. I know concept art isn't everything, but I still say it's something to consider.
Something I wonder about Dusk Lycanroc, is was there data for him in Sun/Moon, and not just Ultra Sun and Moon? Cause if so, that very much means that the anime staff probably had plans for Ash's rockruff to evolve into the Dusk form.

Which would very much mean Sakurai would most likely be aware that Lycanroc was tapped to be one of the Pokemon at the forefront of Sun and Moon's advertising, well before Sun/Moon came out.

Starlight_Lily

"Do not buy!! Fiora makes Shulk a sandwich!! I did not play any further but that's all the gameplay I need to make a judgment..."
Dude, Johnny just isn't that kind of reviewer. So this joke really doesn't work.

Also Delzethin, why'd you put HW Impa as an Echo of Sheik, she can't be an echo, her sword is to big. :troll:

Nah, just kidding, I know there probably just wasn't a image of SS Impa or OoT Impa handy to use for you, when putting together the character portraits for your roster prediction.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For me, I see Sakurai probably passing on Rex/Pyra if they were that far, cause the development time that the they would have to get, cause I think they'd end up with a Bowser Jr situation for Rex/Pyra only not as easy to fix because they have less time to get them to work and be balanced.
Fair enough. Another factor with the theory that works against them is that things can change, even late in development. There could be last-minute changes that Sakurai would need to stay on top of in order to portray them accurately. Things change, and change could be a risk to take into account. Whereas Elma was already fully established.

Something I wonder about Dusk Lycanroc, is was there data for him in Sun/Moon, and not just Ultra Sun and Moon? Cause if so, that very much means that the anime staff probably had plans for Ash's rockruff to evolve into the Dusk form.

Which would very much mean Sakurai would most likely be aware that Lycanroc was tapped to be one of the Pokemon at the forefront of Sun and Moon's advertising, well before Sun/Moon came out.
I don't think there was full data for Dusk in Sun and Moon, but there was a placeholder for it found in the data. I think its safe to say that Dusk was planned from the beginning, but I couldn't tell you if he had any concept art or not by the time Sakurai came looking for a newcomer.

Starlight_Lily

Fair enough. Another factor with the theory that works against them is that things can change, even late in development. There could be last-minute changes that Sakurai would need to stay on top of in order to portray them accurately. Things change, and change could be a risk to take into account. Whereas Elma was already fully established.
That is true. And is a point in Elma's favour, if Sakurai goes for another Xenoblade character.

I don't think there was full data for Dusk in Sun and Moon, but there was a placeholder for it found in the data. I think its safe to say that Dusk was planned from the beginning, but I couldn't tell you if he had any concept art or not by the time Sakurai came looking for a newcomer.
Well, if it was planned that far ahead, then it seems likely that writers of the anime knew about the Dusk form well in advance, which means Game Freak could have easily passed along the concept art and design sketches along to Sakurai very easily.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Funnily enough that's part of how Sweden even got in this World Cup, the French keeper left his area in open play, messed up and got punished for it.
Um, no it was actually because they beat Italy in the two additional matches, so that's how they qualified.
So yeah, Sweden isn't call a champ killer for nothing.
Unlike Germany, Italy despite also being a four World Cup champ as well, they weren't in a good condition anyway, similar to Netherlands, but Netherlands were even worse, so no body was that surprised when they couldn't even enter the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom