• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alright, here's a question for all of you: what is/are your favorite tv show(s) of all time? It can be live-action, anime, western animation, or whatnot. Been curious since I've been getting more into binge-watching shows lately, and have been wondering what are all of your guys' favorite shows?
*has so many fav animes*
ok umm...
um

uh

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright, here's a question for all of you: what is/are your favorite tv show(s) of all time? It can be live-action, anime, western animation, or whatnot. Been curious since I've been getting more into binge-watching shows lately, and have been wondering what are all of your guys' favorite shows?
Gravity Falls. No questions asked...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmmm... Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider Drive, Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger, Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, Little Witch Academia, My Hero Academia, Psych, Scrubs, Garo (warning this one's got nudity and ****) and Re:Cutie Honey (ALSO nudity and ****)

Chrono.

The only way to get ahead in gacha games is to join during a big event or something where they hand out Stones like candy.

Then re-reroll like mad.

"The Symbol of Peace Texas Smashed My Mom"

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I guess I would probably say that two of my favorite TV shows of all time are Avatar: The Last Airbender and Spongebob Squarepants (specifically the earlier seasons).

D

Deleted member

For cartoons, Gravity Falls is definitely my favorite, though I also recommend Over the Garden Wall. Also, Avatar but everyone should have watched that already.
For anime, My Hero Academia has easily become my favorite though it's still ongoing. For a finished one, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is THE one I'd recommend, I can stress enough how good it is. Gurren Lagann is also a great option for something smaller(FMAB is 64 episodes long) and it's just plain fun.
For live-action, anything from Michael Schur: Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99 or The Good Place. For non-comedy, Heroes is something I'd recommend but anyone should stop at S1 to spare themselves.

D

Deleted member

This is such a beautiful tribute to Ridley that I never expected
Language warning and all that jazz

This answer has not changed in years.
:061:

D

Deleted member

There are so many good ones I can not pick out one!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The original Teen Titans series.

The anime influence in earlier episodes (primarily season 1) can get pretty jarring, it's much better handled as the series goes on. The characters are incredibly endearing, the stories are engaging, and the action is a ton of fun.

It's still one of the greatest inspirations for my entire creative process.

As for other shows:
Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, and pretty much everything from Cartoon Network's golden age are things I can easily go back to and enjoy.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
favorite one of all time?

gurren lagann easy
Haven't seen it yet but it's certainly on the list! I'm getting steadily back into anime. That's kind of hard right now though since I'm so invested in Mad Men.

Gravity Falls. No questions asked...
OOOOO I love that one too! I binge-watched that alongside Soul Eater in the summer of 2016 and it was many hours well spent.
Hmmm... Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider Drive, Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger, Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, Little Witch Academia, My Hero Academia, Psych, Scrubs, Garo (warning this one's got nudity and ****) and Re:Cutie Honey (ALSO nudity and ****)
Haven't seen any of em, but I am highly interested in MHA and Scrubs. Two of my friends from the college I gradated from adore Scrubs.
I guess I would probably say that two of my favorite TV shows of all time are Avatar: The Last Airbender and Spongebob Squarepants (specifically the earlier seasons).
Spongebob (early seasons) are pretty great. But Avatar is something else. Watched that about a year ago and DANG is it good.
For cartoons, Gravity Falls is definitely my favorite, though I also recommend Over the Garden Wall. Also, Avatar but everyone should have watched that already.
For anime, My Hero Academia has easily become my favorite though it's still ongoing. For a finished one, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is THE one I'd recommend, I can stress enough how good it is. Gurren Lagann is also a great option for something smaller(FMAB is 64 episodes long) and it's just plain fun.
For live-action, anything from Michael Schur: Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99 or The Good Place. For non-comedy, Heroes is something I'd recommend but anyone should stop at S1 to spare themselves.
Oh man, I've seen FMA: Brotherhood like...5 times in my life. It is a masterpiece, truly.

This answer has not changed in years.
:061:
Good pick, again lol

SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft Good pick. Only saw a few episodes but TT was solid.

I should probably say my favorite tv shows as well.

My favorite animated show, and ALSO my favorite show of all time...is....

FMA Brotherhood has the best cast of characters I've ever seen, with so many having their own meaningful arcs and are very likable for the most part. Story telling is at a happy medium pace (enough time to world build but not too slow to the point where it's boring), voice acting is amazing, visuals are eye-catching, music is wonderfully composed...I dare say it's the closest show to perfect that I've ever seen.

My 2nd favorite show of all time, and the top live-action show for me is...

The Sopranos

The characters are very complicated in this crime drama, and I can see why Rolling Stone believes it to be the best show of all time. It's wonderfully written while also does social critique really nicely. It is rated TV-MA though (on HBO too). So, it's not for everyone due to violence, strong language, and brief nudity in a few of the episodes. If someone were to watch the series but wanted to cut out all risque scenes, I'd probably recommend VidAngel since that tool allows you to censor whatever you like. I used VidAngel myself to watch the show. But, the raw version is better for some people too. Depends on taste, really.

Either way, that's probably the best drama and live-action show I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, lordy, favorite shows...

Well, there's Power Rangers, Digimon, Beyblade, Pokemon, various Adult Swim Toonami anime(it comes and goes, so most of it I've seen on there since it came back to Comcast yearsssss ago, but let's just say Dragonball Z at least), Cyber Six, Robot Chicken.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I really like most of Star Trek, especially The Next Generation. Except for Voyager. F*** Voyager.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cartoons worth watching?

Rick and morty, gravity falls, Danny phantom, any mid 2000s cartoonetwork show, star vs, Steven universe, all of regular show, and probably infinity train even though that’s not even out

D

Deleted member

Oh man, I've seen FMA: Brotherhood like...5 times in my life. It is a masterpiece, truly.
Ah, I see you are a man of taste!
I still have only watched it once but that's mainly because I haven't been able to force anyone to watch it with me :V

Ivander

Smash Legend
Are we still doing Hero Merits? I saw them being done earlier and wanted to participate, but then I had to do a whole bunch of things.

Anyway, here's my list.
Screenshot_20180623-220122.png

I'm definitely expecting looks just because I noticed the majority of people's lists here only have 4 fully maxed and yet my list has 30 maxed. I know I said I was doing GHB farming, but only 4 of those are actually from doing GHB a ton. The rest are from doing Chain Challenge 1-3 Normal or Tempest Trials.

Anyway, list of favourite shows include Cardcaptor Sakura, Gravity Falls, Gintama and the early Scooby Doo shows.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ah, I see you are a man of taste!
I still have only watched it once but that's mainly because I haven't been able to force anyone to watch it with me :V
I watched it twice during high school, once in-between high school and college, and then twice during college. I could re-watch FMA Brotherhood over and over again. It just...it hits on every single right note for me, more than any other show. Arakawa is a genius.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hmmm...then again I dunno much about the World Cup. I've only been following it lightly and I'm not too knowledgeable on it, nor do I know which sources are best for getting accurate opinions on which teams are the best.

But anyway, are there any teams that you are rooting *against*?
Korea...
nuff said...

No shots at Korea as a country, but according to my national team's track record competing against Korea and well... their other track records...., they often have bad sportsmanship and even cheating.

And this is neither a conspiracy nor 100% confirmed but... it was super obvious that Korea "cheated" to the semi finals back in 2002 World Cup. I mean you can tell from their match against Spain and Portugal back then... the referees were unusually making biased judgments that in favors Korea.

Btw, Germany's next match is going to be against Korea, so that's double against lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I refuse to watch Brotherhood because I'm a big *** weeb who wants the manga but not enough of a weeb to watch it on Netflix without the dub
Look at this nerd missing the best experiemce of her life because she can't accept Brotherhood is better than 2003, ha!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, some more writing since I feel I should. This time it's a new original fiction character idea.

Hiiko said:
One of the many mercenaries that wander the region for any employment they can pick up, Hiiko is immediately recognizeable by the sheer number of scars on her body. Most mercenaries with scars are assumed to be sloppy for getting hit. Hiiko is considered to be a juggernaut for refusing to die. Fighting with no regard to her personal well being, Hiiko will immediately charge in towards any target she is given. Assuming she is instead assigned as a bodyguard or to a similar pacifistic task, she will instead throw her all into being a meat shield. This puts her in direct contrast with her rival Arlie, whose battle strategy involves deftly evading and disabling any attack attempt made on her. Even so, the rivalry between the two bears little bad blood, and their reputations as two of the best freelancers on the market mean they are often paired together during government or high-bid contract work. Hiiko may be rather gruff compared to Arlie's more clean cut demeanor (or maybe that's just the hit she took to her lung), but both are just as likely to be wound up and raring for a fight if it's offered.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
nah i hate management

pretyt much already thought so

life and the real world is what matters :V thats whats the good part of life is, when we die its never gonna be good and that'll be the worst
Just try and have a pretty corpse when you go... for your sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom