• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>When you are watching a video with lit music but you can't find the song because it is in ****ing japanese and you can't understand kanji for ****.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It’s gonna be amusing when we find out all the newcomers and Rex and Pyra aren’t one of them.
It will be amusing cuz, no one listens to me when I say they won't be in the base roster...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When you are watching a video with lit music but you can't find the song because it is in ****ing japanese and you can't understand kanji for ****.
This hit too close to home bro.

FeelsBadMan

D

Deleted member

It will be amusing cuz, no one listens to me when I say they won't be in the base roster...
Honestly, I reached that conclusion myself waaaaay before E3.
I'm surprised people still think they're so likely to be anything more than DLC.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly, I reached that conclusion myself waaaaay before E3.
I'm surprised people still think they're so likely to be anything more than DLC.
Thing is, they are one of the most likely characters to be added as DLC, Springman/Ribbon Girl is in the same boat...but no, they absolutely have to be in the main game!

DLC will be a big opportunity for new characters this time around considering any DLC fighter WILL be a newcomer and its a great opportunity to add in great potential characters that didn't make the project plan due to their timing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not saying that it's a sequel is pretty ridiculous obviously, although they might be doing that to dance around the Wii U fanboys that rant every time a superior version of a game is brought to the Switch. Not that it's justification, I just really hate the attitude on those guys and I can see Nintendo being scared of them.

The pure and utter avoidance of single player modes is weird as hell and the more I think about it the more there has to be some kind of conscious reason behind it. Whether it's because it all totally sucks or because there's a massive reveal in the pipeline I don't know, but getting exactly NIL is beyond bizarre. It's not that it even had a bad showing, it had NO showing. None. That's beyond a failure of messaging and well into "OK what are they trying to hide here" territory.

And I mean I'd love to see more Smash ASAP but people cried hard about the fact that it even got as much of a focus at E3 as it did.

E3 was the way it was because by far the core crowd's biggest obsession is cut veteran characters, followed fairly distantly by Ridley. That's not even a contest, once a character is cut they instantly top most requested lists. That was their tactic. And judging by reactions? It largely worked.
First off, thanks for being the only person here actually reading what I'm saying and not twisting it into something else entirely, lol.

I highly doubt Nintendo is scared of the crowd crying about dropped Wii U support though. They're very niche (even more niche than the Wii U install base, lol), and Nintendo has been aggressively porting Wii U games to the Switch as is. Also, a lot of Wii U fans like myself actually view Nintendo's lack of support for the Wii U as a god send - it means we have very little to worry about in terms of CEMU emulation, and have free reign with modding games and such. We don't have to worry about firmware updates either. We can take our Wii U experience to the next level and it doesn't cost a dime. That's arguably better than official Switch ports (such as Hyrule Warriors, which, while having more content than the Wii U version, is quite buggy and unstable on Switch). And, at the end of the day, Nintendo is a corporation, the only things that scare them are superior products from the competition and low sales, really.

I won't deny that Smash pleased people (myself included, even if not fully just yet), but I think there was a noticeable enough discourse to show that there are both some flaws to be ironed out in the game itself (these are more in relation to mechanics though), and annoying trends with how Nintendo presents some of their games.

But there's some pretty serious tacit implications in the context of the current discussion. One could point out, for example, that you used a series of below-standards games to illustrate a point related to a debate about a game that, were it comprised of nothing more than the current information presented, falls below your standards.
There isn't. Within Yellowlord's post, they basically said that they feel if something costs money, it was made with heart and soul. I responded to that specific part, not quoting the part about Ultimate. Therefore, my response had nothing to do with Ultimate.

I don't see how that's hard to grasp.

What I would like to know is why you believe a game with five games' worth of fighters, at least 7 of which are new to this installment and 2 of which are new to the series as a whole, crammed into a shell with a host of mechanical changes and a who's-who of the best stages the series has offered thus far, is not worth its price of entry.
Personally, I was satisfied enough with the Wii U roster and the only two cuts I cared about from Brawl were Snake and Wolf. The former I accepted wasn't likely to return, and the latter I had a feeling would come back anyway. Even if I got neither though it wouldn't be a huge deal. I still have Rosalina, Sonic, Shulk, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Mega Man, etc. I had also resigned myself to seeing any newcomers I wanted as unlikely, and that the newcomer roster would be very predictable and characters I don't really care about (so far, they have been).

Inkling and Ridley are characters I have zero personal attachment to, so they don't really persuade me into buying the game at all.

Also I'll say right now that the novelty of "YOU CAN HAVE X CHARACTER FIGHT Y CHARACTER" in crossover games, has long worn out for me. Fights mean nothing if there's no story behind them. Some characters, like Shulk, can't even be well represented in Smash because their character is just too complex and they don't have a distinct personality gimmick, leading to Smash having a bastardisation of the character anyway. I'd be more excited about "everyone is here" if everyone was going to actually interact. But so far, they won't.

So because of that, the character roster was the least of my concern with this game. Smash Wii U's biggest failings were it's shoddy online, lack of varied content, and even it's mechanics to a degree. Ultimate's online experience is going to be shoddy still because a Smash game will never have dedicated servers (and rightly so) and the Mario Tennis demo proved to me that most Switch players still have really slow internet, so that's a bust. We're still in the dark on content. And while some mechanics changes are for the better, some look really eyebrow raising.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Whatever you guys talking about, me, I'm havin' pizza time!:ultpacman:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I'LL BRING ALL THE GUNS! :awesome:
ARMEDGGEDAN HERE WE COME~
Stoopid, bring your SplatAK-47. That'll throw them off well

Pineapple lovers are welcome into my circle of pizza

Bacon and pineapple is love
Bacon and pineapple is life
um not really a pineapple lover, if anything my favorite is all the meats on pizza

but still its good to me

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So some of the videos on the Smash Bros. site are linking to the wrong videos. Two of Ridley's(French Canada and Latin America) link to a Mario Tennis one.

So have this nugget for fun.
xD I honestly thought of this that I probably posted a long time ago here as well:
SMASH TENNIS.png

xP I think it's a funny coincidence that it is also in the Latin American page of Ridley no less.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
xD I honestly thought of this that I probably posted a long time ago here as well:
View attachment 149250
xP I think it's a funny coincidence that it is also in the Latin American page of Ridley no less.
To be honest, I think you should do another one of these types of drawings if K. Rool gets revealed. Maybe have him and Ridley sitting at a table and drinking banana juice or something as they celebrate being in Smash? :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Every character has been updated with new animations and ****, some of them even getting new models entirely
-Brand new characters including an NPC from the Wii U game
-New graphical style, albeit a similar one
-A ****ton of more stages
-Some new mechanics and physics to make it play different enough
Guys, I think it's just a crummy port

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
To be honest, I think you should do another one of these types of drawings if K. Rool gets revealed. Maybe have him and Ridley sitting at a table and drinking banana juice or something as they celebrate being in Smash? :p
xD Though I did this one LOOOOONG before Ridley got revealed ( :V The universe listens to me!) xD And I suck at drawing K.Rool!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
-Every character has been updated with new animations and ****, some of them even getting new models entirely
Who’s the npc?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
xD Though I did this one LOOOOONG before Ridley got revealed ( :V The universe listens to me!) xD And I suck at drawing K.Rool!
To be honest, you're a really great artist, especially for Ridley who I believe is quite complicated to draw. You can do it, Andrea! :)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I've seen someone say it's a lazier port than Splatoon 2 on Twitter.

I bursted out in hysterical laughter.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Who’s the npc?
Barney the serial killing Dinosaur

Also I'd like to mention there's likely a Smash Direct waiting to confirm more such as a reworked Stamina Special Smash, Ridley's 'Holy **** that guy is ****ing dead' attack doesn't make people die instantly yet it did in the trailer, a Special Smash rework is likely what happened, just means the bodies disappear after a second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom