• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Speaking of red...
What happened to him?
It is a little concerning that his avatar is gone and he is inactive.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think I'd be those cakes with like three layers of icing and frosting and sprinkles and cherries. I'm nice to have once in a while, but that's it. :oneeye:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Nah you’re cheescake cause ya exhausting.
awww <3 you said you were bacon, right? because you go with everything?

does that mean you'd go with me? :nervous: we can be exhausting, TOGETHER!!! Embarrass

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"And I'm telling you, it's a memetic virus." Dr. Mario said, hands firmly planted on counter.

Samus paced around slightly. "You think it's dangerous, then?"

"No, no, nothing quite-a like that. The process of an individual being brought into the system is incredibly strict about blocking any potential memetic hazards. What I will say is that it's had an effect. You've noticed feeling more relaxed since last night? I've been conducting a wavelength analysis. It burrowed in deep-I'd say down to the outer life force layer of everyone present. Heightened levels of creativity and playfulness. That and. . .I wouldn't quite-a call it rebelliousness, per se, but rather an increased intolerance for heavily controlled environments and awareness of toxic levels of authoritarianism. By my guess, the exposure was deliberate in this case. Certainly this direction of behavioral editing would be desirable by those in charge of the selection process."

"So you called me in to tell me that I've been tampered with slightly?" Samus asked. "I'm not sure why you bothered. They've already had the means to edit our personalities on the fly long before this, and have done so to far greater degrees. Other than being a memetic source, what's the significance of this one?"

"Because it's not just a behavioral meme. You-a remember the part I said about it burrowing down into the outer life force layer? It's essentially creating a sort of 'asterisk' effect on the species identifier. I've tested this with Lucario as well. There's a confirmed shift. And he was there, he senses it on himself as well. More importantly, it's creating a protective 'film' of sorts around the outer layer of life force, if one can call an additional layer on top of life energy anything close to a residue. I've thought it over, and more than likely this is-a some kind of inoculation. Relatively harmless if not beneficial to the infected, but a mild inconvenience to future memetics and a major one to the usage of manual energy editing. This is likely a ploy to stop some kind of tampering."

"Tampering? You're worried there's something dangerous out there that might actually try?"

"They seem to have been looking for something like this for a while. This isn't a sudden reaction, this is a carefully planned out, heavily overdue patch to the system. The trophy retention system can block out any attack when sent below acceptable health levels, but when active there are still a certain number of loopholes that could potentially be exploited. This is essentially the biological equivalent of an update patch. It found life that had developed to be resistant to that kind of attack and had a natural method of exchanging that code and transferred it over to the system."

"Yes, but. . .a song?" Samus asked incredulously.

"You're talking as though-a we haven't seen sound based memetics before, particularly in terms of song. That was the largest point of interest by far in Jigglypuff, and she's been here almost as long as you have. Certainly far longer than myself, and-a more consistently. The main thing to note here is that this one wasn't nearly as obvious. I found out regardless, of course, but then I suspect that we aren't supposed to be the ones to remain oblivious as to it's existence."

"So. . ."

"So I think we should at least keep an eye out. Just in case."

Some more writing quota. Pretty shoddy, but still more words than I expected.

D

Deleted member

ZeRo, the one who won the invitational, gave his thoughts on Ultimate.
Ultimate brought back a lot of Melee stuff, like dash dancing, wave dashing, etc. Also as you know, defensive tools were nerfed and it is not as effective to play deffensive. Rolling makes you lag more and has cooldown, and air dodging also has lag. ZeRo said that the game focuses on aggressive play. Smash 4 was a mixture of aggressive play and defensive play, while Brawl was more defensive play. Thank goodness air dodging and rolling was nerfed.

ZeRo says the game needs a little bit more hitstun and it is just right with combos. You can still do more aggressive combos in Ultiamte than in Smash 4, which is a good thing. Also edge guarding is much better in Ultimate than in Smash 4. That is also a good thing. Wave dash was added ( you all know that ), but it is laggy. ZeRo says that edge-guarding is going to be a top tool in the game and a lot more important than Smash 4. The Smash 4 Ledge mechanics are still here, but they are a little laggier now. So ledge trapping and edge guarding are going to be more important in the game, according the ZeRo.

It seems that Nintendo is trying to make the Smash community happy by adding competitive aspects and making Ultimate the centerpiece in E3 and making tournaments, as well as inviting Melee players and more stuff. Now there are jerks in the Smash community, but I hope that a lot of people are happy with Ultimate. ZeRo said Sakurai was really nice as well! ZeRo thinks that the game's future is bright, because Nintendo is being nice
Beerus is a bad character. ZeRo says that Nintendo is doing a really good job with making Ultimate appealing to both the competitive and casual players. ZeRo thinks the Smash community will "blow up ( In a good way )", due to Ultimate and the Internet. Good stuff! I am hoping Ultimate's future becomes amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-NqYvhGXw
Ironic, considering Beerus is one of the most powerful DBZ characters. Am I wrong?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently I left my notebook and clipboard at a restaurant.

I called the restaurant and either they threw out my notebook or someone stole it because they only have the clipboard.

That sucks. I would rather they had found the notebook and lost the clipboard than the other way around. It was my drawing and writing notebook.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Aaron Webber is apparently looking to make a Skies of Arcadia fan game/fan-remake.

Send him your love/support or get involved if you wish.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate brought back a lot of Melee stuff, like dash dancing, wave dashing, etc. Also as you know, defensive tools were nerfed and it is not as effective to play deffensive. Rolling makes you lag more and has cooldown, and air dodging also has lag. ZeRo said that the game focuses on aggressive play. Smash 4 was a mixture of aggressive play and defensive play, while Brawl was more defensive play. Thank goodness air dodging and rolling was nerfed.

ZeRo says the game needs a little bit more hitstun and it is just right with combos. You can still do more aggressive combos in Ultiamte than in Smash 4, which is a good thing. Also edge guarding is much better in Ultimate than in Smash 4. That is also a good thing. Wave dash was added ( you all know that ), but it is laggy. ZeRo says that edge-guarding is going to be a top tool in the game and a lot more important than Smash 4. The Smash 4 Ledge mechanics are still here, but they are a little laggier now. So ledge trapping and edge guarding are going to be more important in the game, according the ZeRo.

It seems that Nintendo is trying to make the Smash community happy by adding competitive aspects and making Ultimate the centerpiece in E3 and making tournaments, as well as inviting Melee players and more stuff. Now there are jerks in the Smash community, but I hope that a lot of people are happy with Ultimate. ZeRo said Sakurai was really nice as well! ZeRo thinks that the game's future is bright, because Nintendo is being nice
I'm hopeful for Ultimate. Smash 4 didn't feel right at times, and though I had very limited experience with Ultimate over the week it felt more smooth and less campy, especially when comparing the characters I played in 4 to their incarnations in Ultimate.
Also Little Mac doesn't go into free fall anymore after his side-b so LOOK OUT HERE COMES THE AIR MAC PLAYS.
Ironic, considering Beerus is one of the most powerful DBZ characters. Am I wrong?
You're not, but Arcsys decided to make him inexplicably garbage in DBFZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I will never give up on Beerus.

Beerus is the best thing that came out of Dragonball Super.

I love that little foodie *****.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I thought wavedashing wasn't in but wavelanding is, albeit nerfed.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I can't wait for ultimate. Hopefully Mario Tennis Aces will tide me over til s release. Can't wait to see what else the game has to offer.

D

Deleted member

Yo they're putting Melee traits in Ultimate?

Oh my son....
Sorta?
The only things they're bringing back are directional air dodging and dash dancing, but you have a delay between jumping and dodging so wavedashing isn't possible, and wavelanding has ~20 frames of endlag. Dash dancing is much longer than Smash 4, but it doesn't sound like it's very practical
That said they did add auto short-hop aerials, the ability to do any move out of a dash/run/pivot, and even grab teching, so there's still a lot of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ultimate really does sound incredible for EVERYONE.

Both casual and competitive. And just fans of any character.

This is easily some very hype times even with Sakurai's quotes about a lesser amount of newcomers.

He's really putting his all into this to make it the best Smash experience for everyone.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sorta?
The only things they're bringing back are directional air dodging and dash dancing, but you have a delay between jumping and dodging so wavedashing isn't possible, and wavelanding has ~20 frames of endlag. Dash dancing is much longer than Smash 4, but it doesn't sound like it's very practical
That said they did add auto short-hop aerials, the ability to do any move out of a dash/run/pivot, and even grab teching, so there's still a lot of stuff.
I have seen some mention that dash-dancing functions similar to Melee but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Oh okay. How about a dungeon based around darkness then. :v

Nope, you ruined it, take off the Pepperoni, bacon and pineapples. And add more margherita, and you have yourself the perfect pizza.
That's ****ing terrible man. Everyone know that pineapple, bacon, and pepperoni is how you do it

Now add yourself some salt for extra flavor :troll:

D

Deleted member

Let me tell you, something happened and my night is terrible. Not the worst, but... bad.
Ultimate really does sound incredible for EVERYONE.

Both casual and competitive. And just fans of any character.

This is easily some very hype times even with Sakurai's quotes about a lesser amount of newcomers.

He's really putting his all into this to make it the best Smash experience for everyone.
He is. You all really need to show Sakurai more love for these kind actions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gotta say, I'm really loving all of the dialogue from Shulk and Fiora in XC2, especially the ones that reference the other XC1 characters.

My favourite is when Shulk says "I'll protect you, just like Reyn would!" during battle.

And Shulk asking Nia if her ears are real is precious.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I dunno about you guys, but it's crazy how life can be in your 20's.

I'm friends with many people my age who are in their 20's and 30's (most of them happen to be in the same fraternity as me), and pretty much every one of them moved to various states for their own reasons. My ex girlfriend who I went to school with just moved to Florida a couple of days ago. Even a former teacher who is like a second mom to me at times also moved out of state.

So after spending some time with my "Deaf dad" (who is like a second father to me), he informed me that he and his wife will end up moving in a few years after they retire. Not that I blame them because I understand their view, but it's crazy how many people has came and gone from here. Part of me feel a bit limited with how many friends I have here that I can hang out with. Part of me knows that I'm eventually going to end up moving out of state (I can feel it, but just not sure when) and it's a scary thing to think about. Moving from one house to another that's like 10 minutes away is one thing, but to a different state....I'm not sure how I'm going to even process this

Brb give me my feels back dammit!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just had a thought...with the new Brinstar Depths theme on the website...

Does this mean the Brinstar Depths stage is coming back?

ARE WE GOING TO GET KRAID IN HD!?

I WANNA SEE KRAID!!!

UPDATED KRAID!!

NOW!

I WANT IT!!!

SAKURAI PLZ!!!:248:

I want to get Ridley and Samus on Brinstar Depths and try to go for the Mother Brain assist and get a Metroid reunion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom