• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you waited for more stuff for Smash then it makes sense that you consider it underwhelming (tfw no Metroid 4); hell, that rapid fire before the Smash section looked hilariously rushed.
The Direct could have been better, a lot better as a whole.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
While it is disappointing to see Krystal as an AT, it's more than she was featured in the past 2 games, and I am thinking of it as a temporary setback, and will use it as motivation to push even harderfor Krystal to be playable in the next Smash Bros game. Persistence does pay off, just ask the Ridley fans, who have been pushing for him to be playable since the days of Melee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As someone who was only looking forward to Smash and Fire Emblem I'm more than content. :^)

I'm probably the only person here excited for Daemon X Machina. But I love my mech games, plus they got the guys from Armored Core behind it and sick tunes.

Can't wait for it.
Nah.

I'm super excited for that too.
Giant mech fighter? Inherently awesome. It looks like it's XCX's cutscenes made into an actual game and it looks AWESOME. That, FE and Smash were the big hitters for me this presentation.
:061:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK I got a GIF of that launching issue Smash Ultimate has.

Look at Corrin after she gets launched by Villager. She clearly gets launched really quickly by Villager's Up Smash, but just stops abruptly and can jump out.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't know if this was mentioned yet but.

Holy hell how did I not notice this lol.

XD I was too impressed by that scene in particular that I really didn't paid much attention! Ridley is just....DAMN, for me it's like he had said "Like the fat plumber says: LET'S A GO.....to HELL!"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
-I got XC2 DLC (Turns out Addam is :4corrin: )
-Fire Emblem Threehouse
-Dragon Ball ****erZ
-Snek returns
-Shelf
- :4corrinf: stays

Grin status: **** eating

IceCubeDriving.jpg

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I'm probably the only person here excited for Daemon X Machina. But I love my mech games, plus they got the guys from Armored Core behind it and sick tunes.

Can't wait for it.
You're not alone there, I was pretty into it tbh

Controlling giant robots and doing cool stuff with them is a recipe for something fun
Then again, Super Mario Party also got my attention because it looks like there's no more cars, so...
It does look like that so my interest in it is much higher than what it would be otherwise. That, and on the go Mario Party sounds like fun. Now your friendships can be ruined anywhere, anytime! :p

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait.

Why are people saying only four new characters including Inkling and Ridley?
I think it's due to the amiibo stand; when they showed the Ridley and Inkling amiibos, there were spaces for two other amiibos. Probably reading too deep into something like that, though.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It can't really be denied that if you're not a mech/Fire Emblem/Smash fan, you probably didn't get much enjoyment out of the direct, but it also can't be denied that if you are, it was probably amazing.

Even though I acknowledge that, it's really hard to repress the sheer amount of happiness I feel, and the Direct accomplished everything I ever desired and more than I though reality could provide. To put it bluntly, it was basically surreal and out of this world.

I can understand not being happy with it though.

That being said, I also think the idea of an E3 "winner" is really stupid by concept, but that's just me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok
So
Ridley was my most wanted and I ended up letting Vergeben get to me
I saw ALL the Brawl and 4 character trailers out of preparation
Me and my friends kept screaming at stages
One of my friends screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOO" at Wolf because he likes taunting me that Wolf got cut
EVERYONE cheered at Snake and the Pokemon
Me and the biggest Mario fan I know cheered at Wedding Mario
I lost my **** with Pika Libre
It was my turn to scream in denial fueled rage at Daisy
We all lost it at the final smashes being changed.
BUT
When they were showing the new character, I was already screaming "RIDLEY!" while becoming insane and laughing maniacally.
Guys, they made Ridley PERFECT. He looks savage as ****, he's scary as ****, his proportions are cool and his taunting in the CGI trailer and his 'standing up' taunts show his intelligence. And he has a META RIDLEY ALT THAT IS SO COOL AND THAT FINAL SMASH IS ****ING PERFECT.
This wouldn't have happened if Ridley wasn't in that Melee trailer 17 years ago. I doubt his demand would be this big had that not happened and made people think he was playable. Guys, I literally nearly fainted today of hype and goddamn was it perfect

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Can't wait for it.
Nope. I'm interested.

One day Waluigi's time will come... one day...
Well, he no longer has any competition, so there's an up side. Now he just needs the other obvious Mario characters to be put, so he hop in to.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Justice has prevailed! His Green Alt no longer has green hair and has brown hair instead. Meaning that Robin officially has a Mark Alt.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
OK I got a GIF of that launching issue Smash Ultimate has.

Look at Corrin after she gets launched by Villager. She clearly gets launched really quickly by Villager's Up Smash, but just stops abruptly and can jump out.
I hope this is a glitch because I don't want to see another Smash ruined by hitstun cancelling.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whoever the hell those people playing smash are, one of them is super annoying. At least one of them

I'm behind quite a bit, but at least the "Rich" guy is annoying

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
People are complaining that Zero Samus has smaller boobs.

I think she looks much better this time.

D

Deleted member

I may be wrong about saying Nintendo definitely won the E3, but Nintendo's E3 was really good.
So far B+.
Can they make it an "A"? :O

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While Smash has promise, I'm not at that insanely hype stage for it yet.

Having all of the characters back is great, and the new lighting engine is pretty (sometimes). But there are still some questionable decisions on the mechanical side like that launching issue and the pointless addition of ladder attacks, and the game hasn't done much to give it it's own identity yet.

I mean for all intents and purposes, the game does almost fall under the enhanced port category. It's a VERY enhanced port, but a ton of stuff is directly lifted from Smash Wii U. Hell, we have only two completely original stages so far.

Granted, I kinda wanted that as far as characters go. But the reason I wanted that is so they could focus on more innovative modes once again. And they haven't shown that yet. So I will have some skepticism until they do.

D

Deleted member

People are complaining that Zero Samus has smaller boobs.

I think she looks much better this time.
I think ZSS's breats look about the same in Smash 4 and Smash Bros. Ultimate.
ZSS does look better in Smash Bros. Ultimate though!

Last edited by a moderator:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Daisy's a clone but Alph is still an alt costume. Sakuwhy

Mythra

Photon Edge