• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a pretty big change in Smash that I'm not sure I like.

Basically, launching looks really "rigid" now.

What I mean is, when you get launched, it's not in a smooth curve with you gradually slowing down like before. It's a fixed speed regardless of percent and you just completely halt all momentum after a certain point. The point at which you slow down just comes later at higher percents.

It looks really awkward. It's not a bug since they wouldn't take a buggy demo to E3, but I hope they change this. It looks really weird.

D

Deleted member

Finally... I am back.
CrashBoards. :V

Also are we going to get more newcomers? :p

So far we got Inklings, Daisy and Ridley as newcomers.

I am happy that Bomberman is an assist trophy, at least he is getting some love.

Do you guys think this is the best E3, better than Sony, Xbox and Beth?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Man, I did not expect so much detail from the Mini-Trailers. Krystal is apparently an Assist Trophy as she was shown in Fox's Mini-Trailer beside him with her Staff. And in Lucina's Trailer, there is a new Remix of "Fate" from Awakening.

Edit:
*angry Ness noises intensifies*

Last edited:
LITTLE MAC CAN UP B OUT OF SIDE BE NOW. NO MORE MAC SUICIDES.

(migth only be if used from ground or if it hits, but im hoepful)

THEY BUFFED ****ING LITTLE mac.

It's not a new punch out, but ill take what I can ****ing get!
:061:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think what I've seen of Let's Go Pikachu, I'm actually less interested in the game now.

Meh

Friendly rival, not being able to fight brock without type advantage

I used nidoran with double kick against Brock in Yellow. I didn't need a grass or water type

D

Deleted member

LITTLE MAC CAN UP B OUT OF SIDE BE NOW. NO MORE MAC SUICIDES.

(migth only be if used from ground or if it hits, but im hoepful)

THEY BUFFED ****ING LITTLE mac.

It's not a new punch out, but ill take what I can ****ing get!
That is good indeed. No more low tier Little Mac!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
OMG! Bowser's Final Battle Theme from Super Mario Bros 3 has a Remix in SBU! YES! It has been too long!

Edit: Dr. Mario has a new Down Air attack different from Mario.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I imagine that Simon Belmont will probably be the last character for the game but I can imagine we could see a couple dlc characters.

So. . .something interesting people noticed going through every character.

Opo. . .dont read this
Seriously Opo you will regret it
Most final smashes are shown. Like. . .all of them except for a few, but most of them are transformations so they might just not be finished.

But stragnely, Robin's isnt shown. Chrom Echo fighter still possible? :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think my time in this community is done.

All I ever wanted was a good day only for it to go to ****. He left this community and he left me alone instead of talking things out.

Might as well say my final goodbye since I’ll only feel miserable reminding myself of this terrible day I get left alone by my own boyfriend. I never wanted this to happen, but it’s just what it will have to be for now.
That doesn’t sound that good. If you ever need to talk you know pretty much everyone is here if you want to talk. I understand your reasoning though. You’ll be missed. I’m sorry this happened but I hope and know tha things can get better.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Opo. . .dont read this
Most final smashes are shown. Like. . .all of them except for a few, but most of them are transformations so they might just not be finished.

Chrom as an Ike echo fighter?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hmm, in the Roy trailer, there is a new Remix in his Trailer. And it's from one of the GBA FE games. I just can't remember which one, although my mind keeps thinking it's from Fire emblem 8.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t think Sakurai would reveal every character before release. I’m thinking there’s 4-5 new characters left and like 3-4 echos.

That way it be 6-7 new characters which is still only a few and then the echos don’t really make a difference as they are effortless

D

Deleted member

I think I'm going to talk first about Fire Emblem rather than Smash, since there's too much to talk about in Smash. The trailer

First impression was weird. I was excited because it was actually Fire Emblem, and I was so hyped. For some reason the new artstyle threw me off, and there was so much stuff going on so fast that I ended up kinda confused, only to be disappointed by the release date of the game. Fire Emblem now has the doubtful honor of being the first Switch game that gets delayed.

I've rewatched the trailer a couple of times, and even though most of the stuff I'm going to talk now might be answered during the treehouse, I want to do it either way. So, now that I am a bit cooled down, I do think that the production values of the game are stunning. Maps looks like Radiant Dawn, which is fantastic, exactly what I wanted. I still need to get used to the new artstyle, but the game overall looks great. And the background song being vocal still sounds fricking awesome.

On more detailed stuff, the attack menu gives a couple of interesting bits

We see lots of different options. First is that you can choose between attacking and using magic, don't know if that means everyone will be able to use magic apart from the main attacks, but it's interesting nonetheless. And after that we see that Edelgard (Which seems to be the name of the girl) has both swords and axes, but no magic tomes, which leaves me to believe that magic is it's own thing similar to Shadows of Valentia. We also see that the swords and axes actually have uses, which is fantastic, one of the main features of the FE games is back, and I rather have this than the "balanced" unbreakable weapons from Fates.

Another thing we also see in the picture are combat arts, back from Shadows of Valentia too. This is interesting, I wonder if they will still cost HP points or if they will add some kind of Skill Points stats to use them. And last but not least we have the formation option. This is obviously to change the way the units are ordered on the battlefield and how are they going to gather with the main unit, but I really don't know how that will affect the combat. We do see something like this during the end of the trailer where they charge on the enemy making some kind of triangle formation. It does give another layer of complexity, so I'm fine with it.

On the trailer the characters call someone the "instructor". I'm guessing that he's our new avatar. We don't see him fighting, so maybe he's more like Mark rather than Robin and Corrin, in the sense that he's the tactician of the army but doesn't fight whatsover. We do see him giving Edelgard instructions to hone her axe skills, so he definitely is the big commander of the army.

One last thing to talk is the name of the game. Fire Emblem Three Houses does invite to a different approach of the war, having three different armies probably. Imagine if it's like Fates where you can choose one of the three houses and become the instructor of their army (But without having to pay for another damn version lol). Maybe we can have some kind of story like Genealogy, who knows.

So, I'm extremely hyped about this new Fire Emblem, it looks stunning and the wait for its release it's going to be a pain. I really want to see more, hopefully they show something on the treehouse soon.

Now to write stuff about the new Smash, don't know if I'll get it ready for today, but there's so much to talk and analyze, it's kinda insane.
Am I the only one who didn't find the artstyles that weird? I think it fits FE perfectly

I'm glad Arts are back, they were a fun little adition to SoV but they didn't really explore them that well and some were just flat out useless.
Also, I think the Mages weren't holding Tomes when they attacked so that might be an indication it's good ol' Valentian magic.

I'm curious as to how formations will work, I guess those soldiers aren't just for visuals. Maybe they increase certain stats, I dunno

D

Deleted member

I do not care what you guys say, but Nintendo did Smash Bros just perfect.
Nintendo beat Xbox, Beth and Sony in this E3.
Sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t think Sakurai would reveal every character before release. I’m thinking there’s 4-5 new characters left and like 3-4 echos.

That way it be 6-7 new characters which is still only a few and then the echos don’t really make a difference as they are effortless
Who even else would be in?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Opo. . .dont read this

ZEB DON'T YOU DARE BE GIVING ME HOPE RIGHT NOW.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Am I the only one who didn't find the artstyles that weird? I think it fits FE perfectly
I see a lot of people saying the art style looks bland or too grey or something. Personally I don't see that. Most of the environments in 3D FE look kinda bland to me, but this game doesn't look any worse in that regard.

I'll write up my thoughts in a more detailed manner after I get home from work work.

This'll be the longest 3 hours of my life

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I do not care what you guys say, but Nintendo did Smash Bros just perfect.
Nintendo beat Xbox, Beth and Sony in this E3.
Sorry guys.
I'm not gonna take the opinion of a Nintendo-biased almost-15-year-old kid as serious.

Nintendo did crazy well with the Smash stuff, but that's really the only thing that got my interest personally.

That and the FighterZ port, which was revealed in such a casual handwavey way.

Then again, Super Mario Party also got my attention because it looks like there's no more cars, so...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, after the INSANE wild ride, I can finally say that I'm happy beyond words. :)

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
SSBU was pretty damn big but for me it was pretty much it from Nintendo, overall MS had more stuff I cared about, Bethesda as well. I would rank Sony and the rest below Nintendo though. Overall I think almost everyone got something out of E3 that they wanted.

Chrono.

I'm probably the only person here excited for Daemon X Machina. But I love my mech games, plus they got the guys from Armored Core behind it and sick tunes.

Can't wait for it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Also as another maybe a hint maybe not

But Daisy uses Blue Toad and not Toadette. Seems a little random to me bc I think Captain Toad is at least getting a cameo, even Pauline got in in her stage so maybe Toadette's coming alongside CT?

I know this means nothing but it seems a little random to me

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna take the opinion of a Nintendo-biased almost-15-year-old kid as serious.

Nintendo did crazy well with the Smash stuff, but that's really the only thing that got my interest personally.

That and the FighterZ port, which was revealed in such a casual handwavey way.

Then again, Super Mario Party also got my attention because it looks like there's no more cars, so...
No, on both accounts.
All right. Lets see what happens next.
I just need to understand Xbox more. I understand Sony a bit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait.

Why are people saying only four new characters including Inkling and Ridley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom