• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Just beat Super Mario Odyssey.

Overall, I enjoyed it quite a lot, but I will post my full thoughts later.
Although, it did feel kind of short. I kind of wish the game did last a little longer.

Not sure whether I want to do the post-game yet or play Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

Although, it did feel kind of short. I kind of wish the game did last a little longer.

Oh yes sir, did I mention that I like your avatar? Auron is one of my favorite FF characters in the series.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

The real beefiness comes in the post-game for Odyssey, if you ask me.

The main story is just the beginning of your journey.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This post is unintentionally a really good argument against the spec work Ubisoft is perpetuating.

Companies generally try to figure out if someone’s fit for a job *before* they hire them, in order to avoid wasting time and labor. If you’re not “good enough”, you don’t get hired, and you can move on with your life. Spec work skips this crucial step: you perform the labor without any hiring process, oversight, or assurance that you’re even a halfway decent fit, and then you submit *finished work* and find out if you won a one-time payment.

This means that Ubisoft is setting up an expectation not to compensate for the work of the vast majority of people working for them. If you’re doing labor for a corporation without getting payed, you are being exploited. Spec work is unacceptable.

Given your emphasis on the need to be *really* good for your labor to have value to a company and the fact that this work is ultimately still a job, it seems like you already understand all this. So I’m a bit confused about the fact that you’re on Ubisoft’s side here. If these artists aren’t good enough, then why is Ubisoft wasting everyone’s time?
Fundamentally you're right. But I think you're framing it wrong. This isn't a job opportunity and at no point are you employed by Ubisoft. You're an independent, and if you do good work, you're being given the opportunity to sell it.

Think of it like someone who builds chairs. Sometimes, someone will walk into the store and place a custom order. Then the chairmaker will set out to produce that order. That's a contract, there's some built-in understanding that you'll be paid for the work you do, provided you meet the client's requirements. But the chairmaker probably has other chairs in the store, already built, with no prospective client in mind, that anyone can walk in and purchase. The chairmaker built this on his own time, with the hope that someone would buy them.

That's really all this is. Ubisoft is saying "if you build something we like, we'll buy it from you and put it in the game." It's up to the individual to consider whether it's worth the initial investment.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Plot twist, Animal Crossing and Pokemon are on the PC Gaming Show lol

Not literally but it's fun to joke

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll give you three guesses on who just finished college and is now a teacher.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This customer today stopped me for help in my department. I took one look at her and was like "DAMN"

I have never seen a butt that big with a waist that small. And her clothes were practically X-rated

Then she said "Do you have any more of these items, I need them for my graduation next week"

I was like "What the hell are they feeding highschoolers these days!"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ANNO 1800 is doing a similar thing to Ubisoft's Space Monkey Program. Dunno if you can get paid though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You have piqued my interest. Do tell some details.
Well I thought of it being a creepy Zelda game. Majora’s Mask would return again and be Link’s sidekick. Also I thought of a new item, it’s a magic spear that Link can toss to attack enemies at long range or to use in puzzles in conjunction with the grappling hook. There’d be tools that have been forgotten like the switch hook or gust jar too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom