• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
N. Sane Trilogy is getting a new DLC level.

Even better, it's a Crash 3 future themed level.

D

Deleted member

Like last year, VERY impressive show. Going with Donkey Kong Adventure, Beyond Good & Evil 2, and I suddenly now want Starlink :4fox: I say better than Microsoft.

Now for Splatoon Championship and the Direct.
You are the first to say that in the thread. Interesting.

Do you all agree on this?

1. Xbox
2. Bethesda
3. Ubisoft
4. Disappointment- I mean - EA

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Haven't cared much about the other conferences anyway, minus Kingdom Hearts 3. That I'm hyped for.

Now then, I'm looking forward to everything Nintendo next.

If this site isn't experiencing problems (or at least getting massive amounts of user activity) by the time it's all over, then something is very wrong.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sometimes I read this thread and wonder how people are so uncultured.

Trials has always been the **** and y'all treating it like you've never seen it.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
N. Sane Trilogy is getting a new DLC level.

Even better, it's a Crash 3 future themed level.

Huh, neat.

That also makes me think, I'd love if they wend back and remastered the Crash and Spyro games released on PS1 someday.

D

Deleted member

Dan Ryckert did not know pirates stole from people.

Hey Chrono. the wise, I have a question.
What did you think was the best? Xbox, Bestheda or Ubisoft?

Also I am surprised an E3 host would not know pirates stole from people. O_O

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fox's bio from the Starlink website.

"Ace pilot and leader of the Star Fox Team, Fox McCloud is the legendary defender of the Lylat star system. Fox came to Atlas in pursuit of Wolf O'Donnell and his crew, and he has teamed up with the Starlink initiative in their fight against Grax and the Forgotten Legion. Exclusively on Nintendo Switch. "
https://starlink.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/starlink/pilots/fox-mccloud

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
More likely, there's not enough work, for all the artists that get pumped out into the work force.
I'm sorry, but in any industry, it's not as black and white as "being good enough or not".

Not saying Ubisoft/HitRecord should pay everyone (I would want to contribute even without a potential for payment), but this seems like an unbecomingly juvenile thing to say.
With all due respect, it is absolutely about being "good enough."

Game Art is a fun job. That means it attracts a lot of people. But it's still a job. One that requires a lot of technical knowledge. And the vast majority of people who want to do the job don't possess that knowledge.

You need to know exactly how to build assets for the pipeline, and if you do it wrong, it doesn't matter how good it looks, it's unusable, you've wasted your time, the developer's time, and you don't deserve to get paid for it. It's like any other job. Do the job poorly and you'll be out of a job. Ubisoft isn't going to pay for work they couldn't use even if they wanted to. It's dumb to even suggest they should.

And you know that old saying "those that can't do, teach?" Lots of kids are going into random game art programs at their schools that are taught by, at best, people who haven't worked in the industry in a decade, or at worst, never worked in the industry to begin with. All the skills they learn are years out of date. This industry moves really, really fast. I was taught a texturing program a year and a half ago that is already outdated and replaced by a better one, and I was being taught by a skilled texture artist working at a major studio that was using that program at the time.

For my demo reel, every teacher I've had has made it abundantly clear that my reel needs to have ninth generation quality assets on it, even though the ninth generation consoles are still years away, because those games are already being worked on, and that's the level of work you need to demonstrate you're capable of doing. Meanwhile most game art students are still being taught to make everything super low poly like it belongs on a damn ps3.

And even if you know HOW to do the job, you've also got to do it fast. Anybody can make an amazing model if they spend six months on it. But you're only gonna get a week to do it. You're more likely to get hired if you can do an 7/10 model in a week than the guy who can do a 11/10 model in a month. We get 20 weeks of demo reel at Gnomon, wherein a prospective character artist, like myself, has to do five characters. That's 4 weeks for an entire production quality character, and even that is twice what you're likely to get on the job. Meanwhile, most people have a reel they worked on for a year with two, maybe three, characters in it. Is it really any wonder, then, why these people struggle to find work? They haven't demonstrated they can do the work FAST.

My favorite example of this. I can't find the larger ones they put at convention kiosks, but the collector's edition models are the same sculpt.

Sony decided they wanted some fake wooden statues at a God of War booth. Two days before the convention. So they went to one of their lead character artist, Eric Valdes, and they asked him to make them some. In the span of TWO work days, he sculpted these statues, 3D printed them, painted them and they were on the show floor that weekend. And they were so well received they stuck replicas in the collector's edition.

And that's why he has that job.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ubisoft's conference was pretty much like most of their other conferences, not really all that great but a couple of good suprises here in there.

Star Fox in Starlink was very cool. Hoping they eventually sell that Arwing outside of a bundle.

The Donkey Kong DLC in Mario+Rabbids looks to have the same amount of love and effort that went into the base game. Seeing Grant Kirkhope perform live was also a treat.

I was very unsure about the direction of Beyond Good and Evil 2, being a prequel instead of a continuation, but this new trailer got me more excited. Seeing familar faces like Jade and Pey'J was a huge joy, hoping Double H makes some sort of appearnce. The whole having fans contribute to the development of the game sounds really cool, though I understand why some people are cautious, hopefully Ubisoft clarifies it more.

But yeah, no Rayman does hurt a bit, maybe next year...

Still, Ubisoft and Nintendo are getting pretty buddy buddy with one another.
RayIntense (1).gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The more I stare at SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft 's avatar , the worse it gets. ;-;

Also in 30 minutes, Splatoon 2 World Championships happen!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok...so next year which Nintendo IP will Ubisoft crossover with?

D

Deleted member

Nintendo's E3 will be fantastic with Smash Bros. They need more big titles though. I hope they have good games up their sleeves.
Metroid Prime 4 and Fire Emblem on the Switch will generate hype, but not as much hype as say..... Elder Scrolls 6 or Smash Bros. Switch or Jump Force.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toads are what Rabbids would be if they weren’t ****ING ANNOYING
So even more boring? I'd like the Toads more if they had some personality instead of being severely generic.

I can get into Rabbids because they aren't very boring at all. I can get why people find them annoying, but I find it better than practically no personality at all.

D

Deleted member

Do not you hate it when you are almost done with something in a game and the game crashes? :(

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Lesbian Spartan time *******.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Lesbian Spartan time *******.

Suddeny I want this game.