• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finished Cowboy Bebop today. Might watch the movie later. Or tomorrow, I'm pretty tired.

I'm glad I didn't binge it though. I think the show is best enjoyed with 1-3 episodes a day.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Because I was bored, I did it.

All Star, E3 leaks edition :p

Somebody once told me E3 is gonna get leaked
I ain't the sharpest tool in the Web
They were looking kind of dumb with their long texts and pictures
But they're backed up with some peeps who have rep

Well the leaks start coming and they won't stop coming
Fed to the threads and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to learn from fakes
Your brain gets smart but you get headaches
So much to do, so much to see
Everything's gonna be leaked by E3
Won't get spoiled if you don't log in
Won't be ruined if you're not reading

Hey now, E3 is close! Get your hype up, for games!
Hey now, E3 is near! If you get spoiled, that's lame!
And all that's shown there is gold
Only lootboxes break the mold

It's a cool leak and they say it gets cooler
You read and believed, but don't wanna look deeper
But the observant men beg to differ
Judging by mistakes in a photoshopped picture
The leaks we get are getting much better
What's real and what's fake, that's what we all wonder
My site's on fire, how about yours?
That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored

Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped

Somebody once asked how to avoid all those leaks?
"I want to see E3 without being spoiled."
I said "Yep, what a concept
I could use some blind surprises myself
And we could all use a little shock"

Well the leaks start coming and they won't stop coming
Fed to the threads and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to learn from fakes
Your brain gets smart but you get headaches
So much to do, so much to see
Everything's gonna be leaked by E3
Won't get spoiled if you don't log in
Won't be ruined if you're not reading

Holy **** my Nintenzone Rap just got shown up! :surprised:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at the Nintendo E3 website reading the player profiles of both the Super Smash Bros. Invitational and Splatoon 2 World Championship. You can learn about each of their favorite Nintendo memory, one of which surprised my by saying "beating Banjo-Kazooie for the first time".

I see Microsoft was cool enough to let this be said.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sure at least a couple of you guys would like this. Every once in a while Twitter brings up something good.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Looking at the Nintendo E3 website reading the player profiles of both the Super Smash Bros. Invitational and Splatoon 2 World Championship. You can learn about each of their favorite Nintendo memory, one of which surprised my by saying "beating Banjo-Kazooie for the first time".

Wouldn't read into it.

Since the specific game Banjo-Kazooie was a N64 exclusive title, I don't know what they could've said per se.

Plus the alternative is Microsoft looking like massive *****. Nobody wants to look like a massive **** at E3.

Unless you're Sony and the words cross-platform multiplayer come up.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm sure at least a couple of you guys would like this. Every once in a while Twitter brings up something good.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I've had those days.

Think we're on a weekly "what day is it" schedule now.

Depends what you consider more valuable. Arena defence win feathers, or extra brownie points with me. :p
Feathers you say? That thing standing in between me and +10 Tiki/Nowi?

Fam I respect and adore you but you're making it sound like this is some kind of difficult call.

Prepare yourself.

smug_kamui_small.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I don't see why there would be any issue.

Company representatives generally can't refer to other company's IP while representing the company (such as on a livestream) unless they have express permission to or if it's in regards to a cross-promotion thing. But these players do not represent Nintendo and have simply been invited to play the game, and so they are free to state their favourite game or what have you regardless of who owns the IP. Nintendo likely didn't even need Microsoft's permission for that one.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wouldn't read into it.

Since the specific game Banjo-Kazooie was a N64 exclusive title, I don't know what they could've said per se.

Plus the alternative is Microsoft looking like massive *****. Nobody wants to look like a massive **** at E3.

Unless you're Sony and the words cross-platform multiplayer come up.
It's true BK was Nintendo property back in the day but what I'm getting at is Microsoft knows very well that Rare was an important part of Nintendo's fans and has no problem with such. The rereleases of Rare's Donkey Kong games, Minecraft, and the Switch/Xbox One cross-platform service clearly shows Nintendo & Microsoft are best friends. No massive ***** here.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The final box art for Spyro has been revealed.

Looks really nice...not sure about Ripto's design though. I think they went overboard on that one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Looks really nice...not sure about Ripto's design though. I think they went overboard on that one.

I can see what you mean, his eyes are weirdly more evil than they usually are. But Spyro himself is really clean, so I'm happy with that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can see what you mean, his eyes are weirdly more evil than they usually are. But Spyro himself is really clean, so I'm happy with that.
The eyes are one thing, but his proportions are totally different. I was looking for him on the art and legit couldn't tell that was him for a few seconds. He doesn't even have the same silhouette.

The design isn't a bad character design on its own, but since these remakes are supposed to stay true to the originals, an updated version of his Classic design would have been more appropriate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, while I'm at it, the Mega Man Twitter did show off Dr. Wily's design not too long ago. If he shades he'd look kind of like the manga version of him. I think Mega Man 8 Dr. Wily wore black too.

I'm only putting it in a spoiler since the image is large.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
FEH Accessories Menu said:
There are different categories of accessories, as shown by the pink icon.
At long last.

My dream of finally putting a shirt on Nowi is close at hand.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Yeah, it's definitely a different direction then the original. It seems like they're trying to give him a more stereotypical evil reptilian look as his eyes are snake-like, his body is slimmer, and he gives off a more sinister vibe. The original did have aspects of that, but it was also in line with the rest of the cast as they gave him more exaggerated proportions and human-like eyes, so he still looked 'cartoony' enough for the lack of the better term.

Personally I don't mind it too much since as you said, the design is fine and as long as the character is kept consistent it won't be an issue for the story, but I will admit it's a strange choice since he wasn't the most evil or cruel of the original villains.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, it's definitely a different direction then the original. It seems like they're trying to give him a more stereotypical evil reptilian look as his eyes are snake-like, his body is slimmer, and he gives off a more sinister vibe. The original did have aspects of that, but it was also in line with the rest of the cast as they gave him more exaggerated proportions and human-like eyes, so he still looked 'cartoony' enough for the lack of the better term.

Personally I don't mind it too much since as you said, the design is fine and as long as the character is kept consistent it won't be an issue for the story, but I will admit it's a strange choice since he wasn't the most evil or cruel of the original villains.
The average NPC character in Spyro 2 was more cruel and evil than Ripto could ever be. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, so I don't know if this was posted yet, but here's a trailer of Indivisible.

D

Deleted member

I'm hungry for some ice cream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm just gonna leave this here now in case the rumors about a certain big purple boi are true, since, a few years back, I was bombarded with tag alerts with "HA HA!" gloating messages when that Source Gaming article was posted that made it clear Sakurai did consider Geno in the past.....

This is more or less directed towards the people I've known and butted heads (you know who you are) with back in the SSB4 speculation days. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just disregard this post.

1- My past comments about Ridley being a complete impossibility were only in the context of Smash 4. I've said on multiple occasions since then, that I view Ridley as being possible (albeit unlikely) for Smash 5 on the grounds that Sakurai is known to change his mind on characters that had been rejected in the past (Villager, Miis, Pac-Man in Smash 4). There's even an instance of me saying it in one of the links on my sig.

2- I am not a "detractor", I'm a jaded Ridley supporter who just didn't buy into the shadow conspiracy theories. The fact that Ridley ended up not being playable in Smash 4, as I predicted, was as big a loss for me as it was a "win". I would've rather been wrong in that case. Sure I would've ended up looking silly in hindsight for opposing the people saying he'd be playable for months, but it would've been worth it.

3- I never once gloated about the instances where I ended up being correct (in fact, I was gracious towards those who believed in the shadow theories after the Boss reveal finally happened). I'd appreciate the same courtesy, even if you genuinely dislike me and WANT to stick it to me.

If you really wanna gloat to me, do it if Geno or Shantae or whatever other character I routinely dismiss is revealed. I think it'd be petty regardless, though, for the reason given in point 3. But, hey, it'd be more justified in that case. :p

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
god damn i'm ****ing exhausted

i've done literally nothing but lay in bed and sleep,, and im just super tired and really stiff >-<

D

Deleted member

I thought the mic was the joystick for a moment.

Like just a truly astonishingly large joystick.
lol

Normally I have my arcade setup vertical in the back but I just got finished playing a game and wanted to try out my new mic. Yeah this mic is a sphere but the sound quality is quite nice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm just gonna leave this here now in case the rumors about a certain big purple boi are true, since, a few years back, I was bombarded with tag alerts with "HA HA!" gloating messages when that Source Gaming article was posted that made it clear Sakurai did consider Geno in the past.....

This is more or less directed towards the people I've known and butted heads (you know who you are) with back in the SSB4 speculation days. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just disregard this post.

1- My past comments about Ridley being a complete impossibility were only in the context of Smash 4. I've said on multiple occasions since then, that I view Ridley as being possible (albeit unlikely) for Smash 5 on the grounds that Sakurai is known to change his mind on characters that had been rejected in the past (Villager, Miis, Pac-Man in Smash 4). There's even an instance of me saying it in one of the links on my sig.

2- I am not a "detractor", I'm a jaded Ridley supporter who just didn't buy into the shadow conspiracy theories. The fact that Ridley ended up not being playable in Smash 4, as I predicted, was as big a loss for me as it was a "win". I would've rather been wrong in that case. Sure I would've ended up looking silly in hindsight for opposing the people saying he'd be playable for months, but it would've been worth it.

3- I never once gloated about the instances where I ended up being correct (in fact, I was gracious towards those who believed in the shadow theories after the Boss reveal finally happened). I'd appreciate the same courtesy, even if you genuinely dislike me and WANT to stick it to me.

If you really wanna gloat to me, do it if Geno or Shantae or whatever other character I routinely dismiss is revealed. I think it'd be petty regardless, though, for the reason given in point 3. But, hey, it'd be more justified in that case. :p
I mean, as much I do hope Ridley's in, I'm not expecting it to happen either. Not that people shouldn't be happy, but IF the meme ends and the dream begins, you KNOW some people are gonna gloat. Not that they should, but it'll happen. Hopefully being aren't too uppity with you. I don't think we've gotten too buddy-buddy here, but my point still stands.

I'd be too busy being hyped up, but whatever.

I'm surprised you didn't post this in the Smash 5 thread though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom