• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh hey, I got Legault off my free summon. :D
Nice!

I got Karla off mine. :D -Atk +Def but worst case scenario I give someone Wrath 3 for free, haven't decided yet.

Think I've gotten 5* units out of my free summon three times before now that I recall. Dorcas and Sigurd were the others.

Chrono.

I thought F2P units being weaker than gacha ones was a regular thing in these kinds of games.

Definitely is in the ones I play (Dokkan and Bang Dream), though they're not usually complete and worthless garbage either.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
... it's a spy outfit

Now I've read some of the reactions since and I understand why this is getting a lukewarm reception. Hyped it way too hard.

But I wasn't paying attention to that hype train, and this is the first I've heard of it, which gives me the following perspective instead:

8b5.gif

I want it.

I want it now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, that CoroCoro tease about Splatoon that was first described that it will "shock the world" then later changed to "solve the biggest mystery" as have revealed.

... it's a spy outfit

It was expecting little (heck, I didn't think it was going to be game related) but I refuse to believe that was all they were hyping about for a month.
Matters. Maketh. Man.

D

Deleted member

Off-Topic, but one of my biggest dreams is to be able to go to Tokyo, Paris and London in my life time. Surely a whole lot of money, but it would be really cool to be in those places.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In Pokemon Showdown, I will sometimes make set up - sweeping teams that generate some salt.
Not gonna lie, when you start to see salt pour through screen, its pretty fun. Tho the matches were pretty randomly laggy so maybe he wasnt rage quitting but maybe he was lol

nontheless, we exchanged friend codes in the end lol He was a good sport

D

Deleted member

Last day of school is the 19th, and I am looking forward to that. I am working quite hard for the finals.
Not gonna lie, when you start to see salt pour through screen, its pretty fun. Tho the matches were pretty randomly laggy so maybe he wasnt rage quitting but maybe he was lol

nontheless, we exchanged friend codes in the end lol He was a good sport
There are a lot of rage quits in Pokemon Showdown lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It is also very interesting to see. I usually see top tier characters in the Advanced Mode Arena.
I mean, Advanced people don't waste time experimenting when they know something else already works well.

I thought F2P units being weaker than gacha ones was a regular thing in these kinds of games.

Definitely is in the ones I play (Dokkan and Bang Dream), though they're not usually complete and worthless garbage either.
We meme a lot about units being bad, but really, thanks to Skill Inheritance, you can shape up units in ways tht other gacha games just... don't do.

As such, the only unit in FEH who is truly garbage is Odin.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
inb4 someone calls me out for not doing the same because I use armors.
You know I just learned people actually consider Dragon Emblem a problem in the meta.

I mean Nowi and M!Grima I understand, probably Myrrh too. But as a whole? Under AI control? With a billion Deirdres and Julias and Falchion Punches running about?

I feel like if you can't break a dragon that's on you.

But I've been wrong before. And if I am, I'd like to see the builds that prove it.

For reasons.

smug_kamui_small.png

D

Deleted member

You know I just learned people actually consider Dragon Emblem a problem in the meta.

I mean Nowi and M!Grima I understand, probably Myrrh too. But as a whole? Under AI control? With a billion Deirdres and Julias and Falchion Punches running about?

But I've been wrong before. And if I am, I'd like to see the builds that prove it.

For reasons.

View attachment 147358
Dragons are not a problem for me. My team got better with killing red mages recently.
The character I hate fighting the most is Winter Chrom though.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

For reasons.

View attachment 147358
-shows literally any Blade mage build that relies on Emblem buffs-

There's a good dragon slaying thing to do without having a Falchion :V

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The disney princesses are super pretty in Wreck it Ralph 2. Pocahontas is definitely my favourite princess in it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I beat my first Infernal GHB in Fire Emblem Heroes yesterday! It was Clarisse's battle!

My new NY!Takumi team made it possible. It was their first major victory!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The disney princesses are super pretty in Wreck it Ralph 2. Pocahontas is definitely my favourite princess in it.
I can see your point.
Really looking forward to the movie by the way. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

SOCIA.PNG

I guess Ralph is going to be the announcer that announces Ridley in Smash Bros. Switch. :036:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
In other news.

Did you know, if you scroll down far enough in the Smug Anime Faces gallery on Know Your Meme...

1528486424039.png

Ivander

Smash Legend

Some are. But once in a while, you do get Freebie units that are actually good. The biggest example being the Black Knight. But there are also some other good Freebies like Xander, Camus, Arvis, Linus, LA!Eliwood, Michalis and Arden.

So sometimes they do give us some Freebies that are pretty good or really good. And even then, you can use Skill Inheritance to make the weaker units still viable. But the main issue why most Freebie units are weak is because they can't be merged up like Summonable units. Because Arena focuses on getting high scores and high scores are boosted by merges, Freebie units can't reach +10 like other units. As such, until IS starts steadily releasing these units, they won't reach the same potential as other units. But I can assure you once they can, even the weak Freebies will be considered good.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I pulled Nino on my Free Summon!

Regular Nino.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On that Splatoon 2 spy gear thing, GoNintendo stated "that there are some other tidbits about this gear we don't know yet, with info coming soon. " So there might be something more after all (this time I'm going all-in disappoint mode to avoid anymore)

And friendly reminder to Splatoon 2 owners can get a free Splatoon 2 Nintendo World Championship t-shirt in-game. Here's how to get i:
  1. Follow the Squid Research Lab Report channel on the system's news section
  2. Click on an article called "Get ready for the Splatoon 2 World Championship with this stylish in-game shirt!"
  3. Click on the "Suit Up" button where it will boot up the game (be sure you have the game card in the system if you got it physical)
  4. After sitting through the Inkopolis News, a package containing the shirt will be right in front of you.

D

Deleted member

I got really tired for some reason I am going to take a nap. I look forward to talking to you all again! :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

For reasons.

View attachment 147358
Depends on what you consider a "problem", I think. I think there's a problem, not because I think they are particularly hard to beat, but mostly because they take a long time to die due to relatively high HP, and because they are absolutely everywhere in Arena/Arena Assault these days. The same applies to armour teams too, for me. To the point that both have just become really boring to deal with, and there are weeks where I just don't bother with Arena Assault because I don't feel like grinding down seven armour or dragon teams in a row.

I think it's mostly a matchmaking problem - just let the dragon and armour teams get matched against other dragon or armour teams, and let people like me who want to use more varied teams play against other such players, and I think there'd be less complaints. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but the current arena matchmaking system is really awful, and I think something needs to be done with it.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Because I was bored, I did it.

All Star, E3 leaks edition :p

Somebody once told me E3 is gonna get leaked
I ain't the sharpest tool in the Web
They were looking kind of dumb with their long texts and pictures
But they're backed up with some peeps who have rep

Well the leaks start coming and they won't stop coming
Fed to the threads and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to learn from fakes
Your brain gets smart but you get headaches
So much to do, so much to see
Everything's gonna be leaked by E3
Won't get spoiled if you don't log in
Won't be ruined if you're not reading

Hey now, E3 is close! Get your hype up, for games!
Hey now, E3 is near! If you get spoiled, that's lame!
And all that's shown there is gold
Only lootboxes break the mold

It's a cool leak and they say it gets cooler
You read and believed, but don't wanna look deeper
But the observant men beg to differ
Judging by mistakes in a photoshopped picture
The leaks we get are getting much better
What's real and what's fake, that's what we all wonder
My site's on fire, how about yours?
That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored

Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped

Somebody once asked how to avoid all those leaks?
"I want to see E3 without being spoiled."
I said "Yep, what a concept
I could use some blind surprises myself
And we could all use a little shock"

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Depends on what you consider a "problem", I think. I think there's a problem, not because I think they are particularly hard to beat, but mostly because they take a long time to die due to relatively high HP, and because they are absolutely everywhere in Arena/Arena Assault these days. The same applies to armour teams too, for me. To the point that both have just become really boring to deal with, and there are weeks where I just don't bother with Arena Assault because I don't feel like grinding down seven armour or dragon teams in a row.

I think it's mostly a matchmaking problem - just let the dragon and armour teams get matched against other dragon or armour teams, and let people like me who want to use more varied teams play against other such players, and I think there'd be less complaints. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but the current arena matchmaking system is really awful, and I think something needs to be done with it.
Fair, fair.

So would you say this is a good time or a bad time to set my dragons as my arena defense team?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Probably just wake up early for the Direct.

Might watch on the living room big screen TV for the hell of it.
Luckily it is 4pm for me in England straight after school, so there's something to do.
Off-Topic, but one of my biggest dreams is to be able to go to Tokyo, Paris and London in my life time. Surely a whole lot of money, but it would be really cool to be in those places.
Benn to 2/3 of them and the money aspect of course depends on your location as London and Paris aren't incredibly far but I agree it is definitley somewhere people should go, they are really spectacular cities however I only went Paris when I was younger so don't fully remember so right now I regard Berlin above it (Berlin is beautiful and full of history). Tokyo would be fantastic, Asia as a whole is somewhere I must go eventually.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
>Main online team ends up being Yosuke/ Platinum the Trinity insted of Yosuke/ Yu
View attachment 147359
well damn, idk how that happend
My main online team has ended up being Hyde/Orie - Hyde/Ruby. I don't really use Linne that much like I said I would.

I've actually been thinking about trying out Yosuke and Platinum after completing their challenges though. They're some of the only challenges that I've been able to actually 100%.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because I was bored, I did it.

All Star, E3 leaks edition :p

Somebody once told me E3 is gonna get leaked
I ain't the sharpest tool in the Web
They were looking kind of dumb with their long texts and pictures
But they're backed up with some peeps who have rep

It's a cool leak and they say it gets cooler
You read and believed, but don't wanna look deeper
But the observant men beg to differ
Judging by mistakes in a photoshopped picture
The leaks we get are getting much better
What's real and what's fake, that's what we all wonder
My site's on fire, how about yours?
That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored

Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped
Time to get hyped

Somebody once asked how to avoid all those leaks?
"I want to see E3 without being spoiled."
I said "Yep, what a concept
I could use some blind surprises myself
And we could all use a little shock"

I don’t really have anything to add to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom