• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kinda weird to think that I don't have much of a social life outside internet forums.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm tired of all these shy, anti-social peeps sullying the good Introvert name.
Hey now. Shy ain't anti-social.

I'd say take it from me but these days I wonder if I'd be the best source.

I’m almost 30 and I still don’t know some “adult things”... like taxes. lol
Taxes is simple.

Overpay during the year, fire up Turbotax first week of April, frantically plug numbers for like an hour, send it off, get a grand back in a week or two.

Easy peasy.

I mean...

View attachment 147046
View attachment 147047

I'm pretty sure that's a paradox...
Not technically. You can be socially confident while not wishing to associate with others.

I would expect it to be something like a person who enjoys parties, bars, or clubs, but any connections to other people they make stop at the end of the evening.

Not the existence I'd choose, I suppose, but theoretically possible.

Kinda weird to think that I don't have much of a social life outside internet forums.
Right?

At least that social life is doing well.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes. Usually they were loners due to personality clashes.
That's... fair enough, actually.

Not technically. You can be socially confident while not wishing to associate with others.

I would expect it to be something like a person who enjoys parties, bars, or clubs, but any connections to other people they make stop at the end of the evening.

Not the existence I'd choose, I suppose, but theoretically possible.
Now I feel like a dum dum dummy.

Livin' up to my name, I guess :V

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I mean...

View attachment 147046
View attachment 147047

I'm pretty sure that's a paradox...

There's a fundamental misunderstanding about the intro- extraversion scale. It's not about how social you are. That's a symptom, not a cause.

It's about the way your brain is wired.

Introverts operate inward (hence, intro). They take in information, and they process it. Often, they overthink it. This is why many (most, even) are socially inept. They're thinking too hard on it. But this is also why introverts tend to excel at academia, which demands overthinking, or other tasks which benefit from long periods of introspective thought, like the arts.

Extroverts operate outward. They take in information, and they react to it. They're more capable of living in-the-moment.. Often this manifests as an outgoing personality, a willingness to take risks. These people often excel at the social game and at sports or other tasks that require very quick thinking.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There's a fundamental misunderstanding about the intro- extraversion scale. It's not about how social you are. That's a symptom, not a cause.

It's about the way your brain is wired.

Introverts operate inward (hence, intro). They take in information, and they process it. Often, they overthink it. This is why many (most, even) are socially inept. They're thinking too hard on it. But this is also why introverts tend to excel at academia, which demands overthinking, or other tasks which benefit from long periods of introspective thought, like the arts.

Extroverts operate outward. They take in information, and they react to it. They're more capable of living in-the-moment.. Often this manifests as an outgoing personality, a willingness to take risks. These people often excel at the social game and at sports or other tasks that require very quick thinking.
TIL stuff about brain wires

I literally just tried to tap the Alerts icon.

On my laptop screen.

Neither one of us is doing so great tonight.
We can be dumb together :awesome:

I have returned from playing Blazblue all day as Ruby and Gordeau to confirm.

Game is good.

Been having a blast all day.
:186:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im a strong and independent Tactician with no need of a Fell Dragon
Yes, she has TA3 a Bowbreaker, I just need Gronnraven+.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Chrono.

September is going to ****ing ruin me.
Definitely getting it though. Need my edge anime souls.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Despite no chance of him getting in, the username is still fun to change to. Plus, I got tons of inspiration to make a proper moveset for him. I just am filling out the pieces right now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
We Tales fans have finally memed Vesperia PS3 localization into existence.
Yeah I don't expect anyone else in this thread to be looking forward to that game other than me hah.

Ok, this is honestly quite spooky purely because I've been watching ToV videos recently. Maybe I'll finally get a chance to play it if it comes out on Switch, especially with how crazy Yuri's combos are? :p

I've never actually played a Tales game before, so it'd be nice to try one out.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh yeah 2009 was a meh E3 as well lol. It just had a Golden Sun announcement which is the only thing positive I remember from it.

And yeah I didn't like 2016 personally as well but some folks seem to do which is why I have it as "meh".
Fun fact I never pay attention to E3..
Until 2013 where I started to watch YouTube a lot, and when Smash 4 was announced...

As for 2016 E3
tl;dr
If you are a Zelda fan you will like 2016 E3, if not then 2016 was just one of the worst...

Wario Bros. Wario Bros. and anyone who plays Splatoon...
Also here's the stream recap of the Taiwan Unofficial Online Splatoon 2 Tournament yesterday:
My team's first match starts at 1:43:09
Our second match starts at 3:34:30
My Game tag is Mario btw

And...
Nope
Neither of these match were even consider a match... :(
This makes me both wanted to play Splatoon 2 even more but also don't...
Anyone who is like A rank above, I hope you can give some advice... especially on my performance

Last edited:

Chrono.

Summit of Power is gonna be real samey if this keeps up.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So keep applying. Again and again until they hire you.

The place I got my first retail job at was a place I really wanted to work at. It was a toys and video games retailer and I wanted to work in the video game section. I had been sending them applications every few months for a while, since about late 2015. I didn't get an interview with them until late 2017, and they hired me mid-interview. They even skipped questions (which was illegal, but I didn't say anything because hey, I need a job, and it's them breaking the law, not me).

Now, that place wasn't actually all that pleasant in the end. I jumped ship as soon as I got another job locked down. But my eagerness got me hired. A company doesn't know you're eager if you just send one application and that's it. There are a multitude of reasons why they might not have hired you the first time, many have nothing to do with you. So keep trying. And try for other places while you're at it.
Well... perhaps I'll mention my Internet Cafe PT work...

I remember I told them I have time to work on June 3... but before that I go and ask they said they will contact me to work to make sure (I think), but they didn't call me so I didn't go...

I'm not sure if it's because I wasn't fit for their need (There were other two dudes having interview as well when I go there) or it was because I was a PT so it wasn't guarantee that I will have the work soon.

I am planning to call back to make sure... or at least clarify what's going, it could be my fault though...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get why in an all Sonic characters racer the characters need to be driving cars

Chrono.

I don't get why in an all Sonic characters racer the characters need to be driving cars
Because Sonic is clearly the fastest one on foot.

Also on-foot racers are just clunky to play no matter what.

Maybe a 2D one could work (the Sonic Rivals duology being terrible games aside), but 3D? Nah.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tails whole thing in Sonic's Adventure was racing against Sonic, Sonic has also raced against Metal Sonic, and at least in the comics Knuckles also raced against Sonic.

So it's not like he hasn't had a foot race against these characters before

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Because Sonic is clearly the fastest one on foot.

Also on-foot racers are just clunky to play no matter what.

Maybe a 2D one could work (the Sonic Rivals duology being terrible games aside), but 3D? Nah.
Sega still can't explain why Mario and Sonic can run in a fair speed in the Olympic Games lol.

And why Sonic and Mario are in the same height in Olympic Games when Mario is actually taller than Sonic, but that's less worth to ask though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tails whole thing in Sonic's Adventure was racing against Sonic, Sonic has also raced against Metal Sonic, and at least in the comics Knuckles also raced against Sonic.

So it's not like he hasn't had a foot race against these characters before
Ok but it's more of a challenge this way for all the characters. I don't get the complaint because of an old meme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom