• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Happy Birthday Unikorn!

It also allowed them to not have to create a whole slew of new Pokemon because at this point, let's be real, they are starting to run out of ideas on monsters cause they've done almost everything they could do. I think if they adopted this "alolan" concept with later gen mons and trickle it out each new generation it will be good from a game dev standpoint.
I like the Alolan concept as well, but we haven't even gotten things like bottlenose dolphins as Pokémon yet, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of options that GF could do.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I forgot to say it yesterday, but I won't have to go to work the day E3 happen.

That and the countdown that this forum have, my body is more than ready.:4dk:

'just gonna to survive until it then.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Okay, so a few things. One, Aces is really fun, I've been enjoying it since the tourney opened up for me. Two, I've had a few matches with like 4 or 5 deuces with the two of us going back and forth, those just wouldn't end, haha. And three, the online fluctuates between very stable and unplayable, me and my opponents have lost matches because of it. Well, at least I got myself a tourney win.
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!

I WANT CAKE!
Happy Birthday, Uni! Have a nice 21, you horse, pony... horse.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
let's be real, they are starting to run out of ideas on monsters cause they've done almost everything they could do. I think if they adopted this "alolan" concept with later gen mons and trickle it out each new generation it will be good from a game dev standpoint.
how you gonan say "lets be real" and then say they ran out of ideas

wheres the pangolin, wheres the velociraptor, wheres any dolphin, wheres the moose, wheres haunted suit of armor, wheres lemur, wheres the jerboah, wheres the viper fish, wheres the saw tooth shark, wheres the raven? wheres the dimetrodon, wheres the macaw, wheres the tree frog, wheres the dilophosaurus, the sabertooth tiger, thecheeta, the jaguar, and wheres a kommodo dragon?

ill stop here because its 2 am and i need sleep but just because you cant think of anything doesn't mean they ran out of ideas

D

Deleted member

wheres the pangolin, wheres the velociraptor, wheres any dolphin, wheres the moose, wheres haunted suit of armor, wheres lemur, wheres the jerboah, wheres the viper fish, wheres the saw tooth shark, wheres the raven? wheres the dimetrodon, wheres the macaw, wheres the tree frog, wheres the dilophosaurus, the sabertooth tiger, thecheeta, the jaguar, and wheres a kommodo dragon?

ill stop here because its 2 am and i need sleep but just because you cant think of anything doesn't mean they ran out of ideas
lol the whole "ill get my post in but im sleepy so cya later" stuff always makes me laugh.

That said, why else do you think Mega Pokemon and Alolan exist? It's easier to design something off a previous design than it is to create a new one. No I am not literally saying they are UNABLE to create new concepts but it doesn't matter who you are, at a certain point you design enough things within a certain styled restriction and it ends up nearing 1,000 creatures eventually you're gonna run out of ideas or things applicable, or at the very least it's going be ever increasingly more difficult.

I mean hell, look at Ultra Beasts, they also invented a concept that goes completely outside of the norm for Pokemon designs and I have no doubt this is done in part so they can have more creative freedom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I was watching that cameo infested Maroon 5 new video with all the awesome ladies and...

Ellen Degeneres is 60 years old
Sarah Silverman is 47 years old.
Jennifer Lopez is 48 years old
Mary J Blige is 47 years old.
Elizabeth Banks is 44 years old.

Basically the oldest women in the video to my knowledge? Look just as young as the younger women in that video.

That potion from Death Becomes Her is real.

Or maybe it's just a case of ''If you're a good person and stay in your damn lane, you gonna be youthful and gorgeous forever."
OH MY GOD THANK YOU I'VE TRIED LOOKING FOR THAT MOVIE FOR YEARS DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND A MOVIE WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE TITLE, THE ACTORS OR IF IT EVEN HAD AN ENGLISH RELEASE?
I expected nothing less from the one I call my master.

Honestly, Chris Hemsworth's Thor is the kind of ally the LGBT community needs.

Me think you're thinking of Deadpool.

Lance and Red share the exact same theme in all games they're both in.

The chances of you ever talking about F-Zero during a period it's considered dead are well over 100%

"Game with dialogue choices that presents two or more exact choices during the climax to symbolize the protagonist's resolve on their decision" is one of my favorite gaming tropes.

"Save them? Yes/Yes"
No, I'm thinking of Superman
supermanrooftop.jpg

Deadpool also helps out victims sometimes and I love those moments because it shows that underneath all the jokes and insanity is a person who genuinely cares a lot about people. Don't have any panels for thag one though

Also call me Red cause imma steal Uni's cake

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>3:00am MDT and the site is not down for backup.

I can smell the winds of change... and my avi size getting smaller

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>3:00am MDT and the site is not down for backup.

I can smell the winds of change... and my avi size getting smaller
I don't feel so good Mythra...

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn happy birthday dude! Hope you enjoy your day! And that you get lots of cake and presents

And I'm out for the day, if I want to have the E3 days free I have to do lots of stuff this weekend... Hopefully it's worth, it's been a while since I've been this hyped for an E3, and we are so close too, wish it started already hahaha.

10 days left.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
were still waiting on Opossum Opossum ? god damn....its been month/s now right? @~@
Yes we are, but I'm not sure he has his computer back

alrighty then
Yeah, we'll have to figure something out.

....lily.....i'm not a man >->
I know, I was referencing the meme. :v

the most likely yes

also shame on you! cupcakes are great!
Good.

And I left the cupcakes for you to enjoy,. :v

indeed..... :c
Yep, Capt Falcon is still waiting to race again, sadly. :(

Look if you're gonna dangle the low hanging fruits in my face you shouldn't be too shocked when I bite em.

I'm not, I just wanted to say damn it red. :v

Take your word for the first and agree on the second.
I would link the post you had on it, but can't be bothered to search it. :v

I don't think anyone wants me on Twitch but I assure you people probably would go there to visit.

Regardless I don't see Twitch as a solution, just one of those ask-a-question-get-an-answer deals. Discord seems more viable.
Also, I think we might need to show our faces on a Twitch Stream involving D&D, so that'd cause problems, since we probably don't want our faces shown, to everyone on here. >.>

lol the whole "ill get my post in but im sleepy so cya later" stuff always makes me laugh.

That said, why else do you think Mega Pokemon and Alolan exist? It's easier to design something off a previous design than it is to create a new one. No I am not literally saying they are UNABLE to create new concepts but it doesn't matter who you are, at a certain point you design enough things within a certain styled restriction and it ends up nearing 1,000 creatures eventually you're gonna run out of ideas or things applicable, or at the very least it's going be ever increasingly more difficult.

I mean hell, look at Ultra Beasts, they also invented a concept that goes completely outside of the norm for Pokemon designs and I have no doubt this is done in part so they can have more creative freedom.
Mega and Alolan forms, as you stated were stuff to give new life to old Pokemon, not really stuff that is about making new Pokemon.

And well, they haven't run out of ideas, cause Game Freak has still only scratched the surface when it comes to Plants, Insects/Bugs and many other things in the world that they could use for inspiration for new Pokemon.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Happy birthday, The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn ! They always say people get wiser as they become older (which is true, btw) but does that also apply for stoopid unikorns?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD THANK YOU I'VE TRIED LOOKING FOR THAT MOVIE FOR YEARS DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND A MOVIE WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE TITLE, THE ACTORS OR IF IT EVEN HAD AN ENGLISH RELEASE?

No, I'm thinking of Superman
View attachment 146650
Deadpool also helps out victims sometimes and I love those moments because it shows that underneath all the jokes and insanity is a person who genuinely cares a lot about people. Don't have any panels for thag one though

Also call me Red cause imma steal Uni's cake
Oh hey, Superman is cool too, Deadpool's approach is a little bit different though, I was thinking of this chapter
Un-killing people is Hard. https://imgur.com/gallery/2eKh1
God, everyone should read this, this is how you do dark humor.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
whelp its past midnight for me now

HAPPY BIRTHDAY The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn !
HAVE A CAKE

HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY~
and now we are both the same age and i can't call you a kid anymore :p
Best. Cake. Ever.

I take it back. This one’s the best :V

Happy birthday, The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn ! They always say people get wiser as they become older (which is true, btw) but does that also apply for stoopid unikorns?
Only one way to find out ;)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also, I think we might need to show our faces on a Twitch Stream involving D&D, so that'd cause problems, since we probably don't want our faces shown, to everyone on here. >.>
I don't think we'd have to, could probably do vocal only with some kind of visualization, like a broadcast of something like Fantasy Grounds (which also supports text only) or Tabletop Simulator (which I have but know little about) as the intermediary program.

But honestly the big thing, at least for me, is that I prefer you guys to perceive my voice however you'd like rather than how it is, because I'm reasonably sure it would almost inevitably be an improvement.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
GUUUUYS.

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS.

I'M GOING TO E3 BABY!

I'm literally screaming like a schoolgirl right now. I just got everything registered as a surprise gift from my folks.

....BUUUUT the registration window to play Smash at E3 ended yesterday. Meaning I won't get to try Smash out. Bless my folks, they didn't know, haha.

STILL. I'm so god damn excited. AHHH
Congrats! I hope you enjoy it.:)

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!

I WANT CAKE!

Happy Birthday Uni! Hope it's a good one!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Some of these are already in the game. Sandshrew and Sandslash are 100% pangolins and not armadillos like some believe. Raikou is a sabertooth tiger. And, though not its design basis, Kommo-o's name partially alludes to Komodo dragons.

A case can also be made for either jaguar or cheetah for Liepard. More specifically, it's a conglomerate. The spot design and name are based on leopards, but its build is far more similar to a cheetah.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Some of these are already in the game. Sandshrew and Sandslash are 100% pangolins and not armadillos like some believe. Raikou is a sabertooth tiger. And, though not its design basis, Kommo-o's name partially alludes to Komodo dragons.

A case can also be made for either jaguar or cheetah for Liepard. More specifically, it's a conglomerate. The spot design and name are based on leopards, but its build is far more similar to a cheetah.
no sandshrew and sandslash are shrews...fantasy shrews at that but shrews just the same, ill give you raikou, and kommo-o is reaching

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really dislike the "GF is running out of ideas" phrase because it's complete bull****. You can't actually run out of ideas when you have a bunch of people working on designs, it's not a single person working on them like some seem to believe. And when you have multiple minds working on this stuff, it's gonna take a while for all of them to "run out of ideas". Anyone could make a some Pokemon right now, if GF hired you, I have no doubt each and every person who cares about Pokemon could design at least 5 evolutionary lines on the spot.
Pokemon design isn't a limited pool of ideas like "animal X" or "object Y", it's literally anything and everything: it can be a turtle with cannons, a yellow electric mouse, a simple owl, a ****ing sword, a wrestling tiger, a dancing bird, the Three Musketeers' fursonas, a sentient scarecrow cactus who feeds off the weak and vulnerable, a bunch of magnets stuck together with an eye, and so on and so on.

Creativity has no limits and believing it has a limit is underestimating the human mind.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
no sandshrew and sandslash are shrews...fantasy shrews at that but shrews just the same, ill give you raikou, and kommo-o is reaching
Yeah no...Sandshrew is absolutely a pangolin.
image.jpeg

Claws, coloration, head and snout shape, eye placement, tail shape and size, and armor-like scale pattern matches Sandshrew to a tee. Its name is a misnomer; Sandshrew is a pangolin.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
They are actually more closely based on the Pangolin. Really neat animals.

Edit: greninja'd by an opossum while talking about pangolins that were mistaken for shrews...

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yeah no...Sandshrew is absolutely a pangolin.
View attachment 146669
Claws, coloration, head and snout shape, eye placement, tail shape and size, and armor-like scale pattern matches Sandshrew to a tee. Its name is a misnomer; Sandshrew is a pangolin.
This, and one other note.

The only reference to shrews came from the English name for them, which was probably conceived due to the fact that its original Japanese name is literally just "Sand," which is as boring as it is hard to trademark. Sandshrew proved to be a popular enough name that it was adopted elsewhere (typically either wholesale or transliterated) afterwards.

So really the fact that the shrew ever entered the discussion at all is thanks to some NOA translator who came up with a catchier name than Dirtpangolin.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This, and one other note.

The only reference to shrews came from the English name for them, which was probably conceived due to the fact that its original Japanese name is literally just "Sand," which is as boring as it is hard to trademark. Sandshrew proved to be a popular enough name that it was adopted elsewhere (typically either wholesale or transliterated) afterwards.

So really the fact that the shrew ever entered the discussion at all is thanks to some NOA translator who came up with a catchier name than Dirtpangolin.
And sandslash is literally named sandpan as in "sand" and "pangolin"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yknow what pokemon's missing?

A Manatee.

We do have Dewgong, who's name is a misspelling of the Duogong, which is a close cousin of the Manatee, but Dewgong is actually just a Seal.

We need the actual Sea Cow in Pokemon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Game Freak hasn't made a Celtic Tiger Pokemon yet and basically nothing else matters. 0/10.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The only reference to shrews
Actually I have to correct myself, there is one more reference.

Bulbapedia has noted that the claws for both Sandshrew and Sandslash are occasionally described as poisonous. While none of their Dex entries go into that, there is a precedent for it. Most importantly, at level 5, regular Sandshrew learns Poison Sting - which it'd otherwise have no real precedent for.

And
it can pick up Toxic and Poison Jab via TM. Important to note especially in the case of Alolan Sandshrew, who eschews Poison Sting in favor of Powder Snow but can still be TM'd Toxic or Poison Jab.

Now pangolins are not known to be venomous - they do have a chemical defense mechanism, but it's similar to skunks - but some species of shrew are. They deliver the venom through bites rather than venomous claws, but it's there all the same.

There's a real short list of venomous mammals and shrews occupy most of the slots. Some solenodons and the European mole also fall on that list, but the shrew is arguably far more widely known for it, mostly due to the ubiquitous nature of the shrew.

Practically everywhere you can go on earth there's some native shrew waiting, and If you just take the northern short-tailed shrew, the Mediterranean water shrew, and the Eurasian water shrew, you're ****ed across nearly the entirety of the northern hemisphere, which is frankly impressive as ****.

So that's almost certainly a shrew influence. Probably a blended trait considering how many pieces it takes from the pangolin book, but it's very much there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom