• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
....oh ****. .....what will they tell the family?
DBS stuff:
Hopefully not a damn thing, they have 3 sets of Dragon Balls if they win. Just use the Namek ones for 17, give him his boat too.

I wonder who'll get in DBFZ first. Broly could have two different dramatic scenes, one with Goku, and the other with Adult Gohan. Each one should basically be the finale of the first two Broly movies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Good night everyone, done with SmashBoards for tonight.
I am going to leave you all with this image:

100% inaccurate. Pearl is ugly. Marcina always looks better.
Who is Marcina? Lol

She isn't during the concert at least.

Chrono.

So about Jiren.

Anyone else felt his backstory was pretty anticlimactic?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
in other news i pulled a 5 star abel off the new banner.....i hate you too abel
then i pulled sothe on the valentines banner....your on thin ice if it was for the fact you were new id have smited you
then with my last 5 orbs i got THE B:4feroy:I

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
heyyy guys, I just got my 19 yesterday. 'hope everything is cool here. :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

For those who have Nintendo Switch may know that once you have a plastic shell cover for your Switch. You can't slide your Switch into the dock without taking it off, otherwise you need to buy an extension cable, or a third party dock.

I aware there is a Nyko shell, but it doesn't cover up as much as this one I bought.

Used Review:
The plastic shell quality overall is average, the part that contacts with the dock has thinner plastic and with mat finish. That said, this shell makes Switch very slippery to hold.

So, will my Switch fit into the dock with this shell? The answer is yes it works, sliding it in isn't a problem but when almost reaching to the bottom you really need to jerk it a little bit since my dock is a newer version.

I am not sure if this shell will make the Switch overheated, so for now I won't put my Switch in the dock like this for too long, I will use the extension cable when playing long term.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of Switch, taking my switch to play Xenoblade 2 while I was in the car or just when I had free time was like the greatest thing I could have done. I didn't touched this game for awhile, so I was scared I would have forgot some stuff. Thankfully, all those weeks that this game stolen from me made me able to go back without too much problem.

In fact...I actually went out and killed not one, but TWO superboss!!!....

But I am not counting the second one because of reasons I will explain later.

First of all, before we continue more:

The first one, the one I winned without using any dirty trick. Was Chickenheart Dagmara.

And booooooiiiiii, does this little **** was hard to deal with it. First of all, that damn chicken whatever thing must be a expert at Xenoblade 2. Because good lord, topple on you is never fun. Especially when it decide to just kill you at the start of a round just to say, "You must beat my topple if you want to stand a chance".

Secondly, I tried alot of different teams, with differents equipements, blades, cores, etc... In the end, the team that was able to put this monster down was:

Morag: Brighid, Aegaeon & Perceval

Tora: Poppi, ALL OF THEM.

Rex: Mythra/Pyra, Ursula & Floren

I end up having to play Morag since that, her AI suck at evading at the right time due to her not switching between blades to use evasion moves at the right time. Before her, Tora was the one I used, and he worked most of the time. But once my other partner were off, he was more dead than Rex getting "nothing personal kid'ed" by Jin at the start of the game.

For Rex, since his AI is decent at spamming beyblades, as long as he was able to land a hit, he could regen' his life pretty fast while building up orbs along the way. The other blades were mostly here to give him health back if he needed or give the rest of the party health if he was killed while having Floren. But the two girls (!) ended up being more useful than I thought.

Tora meanwhile was basically doing his job: tanking while dealing crazy amount of damages while getting his healt back really, he was the savior of this team.

After I got team down, I did a few more try with it and we ended up killing this son of a ***** at last.

HOWEVER

There is two run that I am salty about.

1) A run where, I could have win, since that, I got Pneuma, a chain attack with 2-3 orbs and half of it's life deleted. I would have won if the FREAKIN' CHAIN ATTACK DIDN'T SUDDENLY ENDED WITHOUT ANY REASON WHILE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. Which, since he is a superboss, made him go red and he killed the entire party before we could even say, "YOU ONE-EYED M-dead"

2)I didn't speak about the equipement since that, their names are in French and I am too lazy to check what name they have in English. But good lord, I still remember one piece of equipement for Rex that make me go, "WHAT, WHY IT DIDN'T WORK?!". That being the item that, in the description, say, "revive the driver if a chain attack is started".

So, in a previous run, I see that Rex is dead, I go, "gna, I will revive with the chain attack, whatever". And continue until the chain attack is build up, the boss goes red, and there, I start the chain attack and I go, "Wait, where is Rex?"

Afterward, the chain attack doesn't kill, I die. I go, "But....didn't I equip him the thing?". I go see what he have on him. And hold behold, the item was here! I wasn't stupid, the item was exactly here.

Being a bit pissed at that, I decide to keep it and see if it was just a glitch or something. I try again, Rex die, I start the chain attack, and NOPE, still dead as ever.

Frustrated that I died again because the description didn't mention that this item could only work if you play the character who have it (or something like that, I don't know). I put the itme on Morag while I give Rex an item that make him able to survive a attack that would kill in onehit, with 1 hp only & 5 second of :starman:. Afterward, I few more try, and finally, the boss was done for good.

In the end, while I was salt at the game shenanigans at some moments. I was still surprised I was able to kill it while my entire party was at level 76 while he was level 120. So, I wasn't that angry in the end.

Now, the second superboss, and that one is going be more...easy to explain.

So, I go to the Cliff of Morytha to kill some ennemies to progress some affinity chart. I go there, do just that, and then I go, "Hey, why not try a lol run with Gladiator Orion?"

Just wanting to try for the lulz, I go where he is with my definitly-not-prepared-team-for-superbosses, I try, I get killed, the run died in 5 seconds, move on.

However, I then remember of a..."trick" , that, still a little bit salty toward the flaming chicken, decide to try on Orion just to get a good laugh.

What is this trick you might ask?

Welp, before you go to the arena where he is. There is a very thing path you need to take to get ot Orion.

So, the genius that am I, I take Nia, I use Kos-Mos to shoot from very far, I run like a tiger. And while he is following on the very thing path, he get sidetracked by Tora and Zeke (who, bringer of chaos, shoot him from afar like the glorious ******* he is), he decide to take his attention to them, he walk behind and...he fall of the cliff.

And that's how the most dangerous superbosses in the game ended up beated: by falling of a trick.

Of course, I don't consider that a serious run. Since that I got nothing from killing him this way. I intent to rematch seriously one day, but for now, all I could is have a big, dumb grin on my face.:dr^_^:

Arigato Gladiator "WANT A BIT OF THIS?!" Orion, you won't be forgotten, I promise.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Thoughts of DBS episode 127 and stuff.

I certainly did not expect that ending. I hope that 17 gets revived at some point and we get to see his family... and then he gets a boat, because he more than deserves it after the amount of work he put in during the tournament.

I think Freeza appearing for 10 seconds only to get bodied is going to become a gag now.

Animation took a bit of a nosedive which is sort of upsetting since it was 17's farewell episode.

Vegeta is also going to go down, but I wonder if he'll die since it's been said something terrible is going to happen for Goku to be pushed over the edge and get the true UI transformation/state. 17 and Vegeta dying would definitely work well for that to happen.

Also, I don't mind Jiren's backstory that much. Some have called it out as pretty bad, but I'm willing to excuse it since I usually watch the DB anime for style over substance and read the manga for substance over style. It's why I'm more okay with Trunk's Spirit Sword in the anime than I am with Goku's Hakai in the manga, along with being more forgiving with DBS' power level inconsistency in the anime than the manga.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

For those who have Nintendo Switch may know that once you have a plastic shell cover for your Switch. You can't slide your Switch into the dock without taking it off, otherwise you need to buy an extension cable, or a third party dock.

I aware there is a Nyko shell, but it doesn't cover up as much as this one I bought.

Used Review:
The plastic shell quality overall is average, the part that contacts with the dock has thinner plastic and with mat finish. That said, this shell makes Switch very slippery to hold.

So, will my Switch fit into the dock with this shell? The answer is yes it works, sliding it in isn't a problem but when almost reaching to the bottom you really need to jerk it a little bit since my dock is a newer version.

I am not sure if this shell will make the Switch overheated, so for now I won't put my Switch in the dock like this for too long, I will use the extension cable when playing long term.
Hmm on the overheating part, I would never cover up the fan on the switch for any reason, thats asking for trouble if it does cover the vent

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Speaking of Switch, taking my switch to play Xenoblade 2 while I was in the car or just when I had free time was like the greatest thing I could have done. I didn't touched this game for awhile, so I was scared I would have forgot some stuff. Thankfully, all those weeks that this game stolen from me made me able to go back without too much problem.
Well, I don't recommend playing it when in car on mountain roads, which will easily cause car sick not mention playing your Switch at the time.
I haven't put XC2 down ever since launch for no reason... recently been working so that's why haven't play that much lately.
Hmm on the overheating part, I would never cover up the fan on the switch for any reason, thats asking for trouble if it does cover the vent
Well, much like any other case or shell, it doesn't... I just hope with most plastic covered doesn't effect the dissipation of the heat
Also on the back of the dock actually has a hole for the vent, so if you worried that it might overheat, open the back cover of the dock might help.
By the way, I didn't use the shell for the Joy con, I decided to not put any cover on my Joy cons.

I also said putting it in and taking it out will take a bit of pressure and need to do it slowly, depending on the dock... my Switch fits in my dock steadily, whereas if put in my sis' dock it wobbles a bit, if you press one side of the Switch it will lose connection, but it's easy to get it back.
Overall, I recommend this for anyone who wants a cheap shell for your Switch and you prefer both TV and handheld mode. And yes, Nyko's shell sure looks better and cover the front frame a bit, but it is hard to assemble compare to this and I prefer transparent shell.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh no...

The Xander GHB is here, and it says I've already done both lunatic and normal.

But I only have one Xander.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I'm waiting for the new The Tick episodes, I decided to watch a playthrough of the SNES game. Man, it has plenty of characters and events not seen on the cartoon (apparently from the comics).

But the fact that Die Fledermaus doesn't help you fight when he teams up with you is a nice touch. :laugh:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man that DBS episode. I guess Vegeta or Frieza get knocked otu next episode then the other the episode after and then the last episode being Ultra Instinct Goku vs. Jiren.

praline praline as the DQ master here, can you tell me what game Rimuldars overworld music came from?
Rimuldar is a town in Dragon Quest 1 and 3. I’m pretty sure the music was in both. :p

People rebelliously like Pearl over Marina. Let's be honest here. :troll:
Nah bruh I love Pearl seriously.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Skull Kid was the clear winner of the last Zelda poll, proving that he will always be popular no matter his relevance. Midna was close though and Impa is slightly behind her. While Ghirahim didn't do too bad, he is a bit further behind Impa as far as votes.

And now we are ready to do more Zelda. This one is fairly straightforward with a few darkhorses and one controversial character turned Assist Trophy (The green terror). Your picks are Classic Ganon (Yes, the blue pig form of Dorf with the trident), Tetra, Vaati, and Tingle.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm expecting Ganon to fare well since many want a more unique case than the Ganondorf we have now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Smash, I'm seeing a chain of people believing Smash Switch is coming this September simply because Nintendo said its online program in September will be worth the price.

Sometimes I really hate the fanbase.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Y E S
E
S
I legit feel I fed her with za warudo to make her go from S9 to S+
Around 1,000,000G burned in mostly desserts and crab sticks.. worth it.

So about Jiren.

Anyone else felt his backstory was pretty anticlimactic?
We thought Jiren was Superman, but he's mostly Batman obsessed with power.
17 immediately ****ing on him was bad***

<Insert joke about Belmod as the Joker or him being the killer of Ayy Lmao's parents>

Pearl and Marina amiibos confirmed.

We are also getting a new Dualies and stage.
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201802/11151652.html
*Sudden raise of hope of getting XC2 Amiibos*

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Speaking of Smash, I'm seeing a chain of people believing Smash Switch is coming this September simply because Nintendo said its online program in September will be worth the price.

This is the same fanbase who always thinks there's going to be a new Smash announced on any Direct. Including the Animal Crossing one we had in late October.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y E S
E
S

<Insert joke about Belmod as the Joker or him being the killer of Ayy Lmao's parents>

Her body is quite unsettling me, looks like it is falling apart and melting. I would also love XC2 amibos, especially Pyra and Mythra. Congratulations!

Frostbite2018 is always fun, anyone else watching it?
Hell no. Pearl is way better than Marina.
Why though?

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Her body is quite unsettling me, looks like it is falling apart and melting. I would also love XC2 amibos, especially Pyra and Mythra. Congratulations!

Frostbite2018 is always fun, anyone else watching it?

Why though?
Cause she has my personality and isn’t overdesigned.

D

Deleted member

Off-Topic: What happened to @T

This is the same fanbase who always thinks there's going to be a new Smash announced on any Direct. Including the Animal Crossing one we had in late October.
You both are right. The Smash Brothers fan-base is way too impulsive and does not think and analyze properly. There is a good-side to every fandom though and I stick to that. I think we can count as the good-side of the fandom, yes us users. Is @PushDustIn ever going to speak or he is one of those silent moderators?

D

Deleted member

Frostbite 2018 is always fun. So many upsets today!
He's mostly a silent one because he has to manage the Source Gaming website on top of his Smashboards duties, iirc.

Also, calm down on the tagging. Only tag when you want someone to show up.
Thank you! Ah, he must be a busy person.
Sorry on the tagging.

Chrono.

Y E S
E
S

Sawyer7mage put it best.

Jiren is basically Superman if he had Batman's backstory.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Jiren is like using the god mode cheat in video games. Fun as hell for a while, but then rapidly becomes boring as ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom