• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A corny 80's title would be the NintenGang's Social Base
Damn, i'm going to be walking with a cane soon. :(

Although I could've sworn you were older. I checked your page before and it said you were like 27-29ish.

Lol I remember reading an Archie comic from back in the day where a character said we'd be living on Mars by the year 2010.

Wonder why authors and some others were so extravagant with their predictions for the future? IIRC I remember hearing something in the mid-2000's about how in the year 2020 we'd have pocket cars lol.
I mean, in some years, we're gonna look back on series that were set on the now-near-future that will look absurd too.

Chrono.

You jest, but I've said before, it's unbelievable how much stuff gets shared among the relatively small pool of industry people down here. I know more about a couple upcoming games and films than I ever knew about Smash Wii U back during that leak. And no, nunya getting any info. Wait for E3.
"Vaanrose confirms he knows things."

- My Nintendo News

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's Cody time.
Guy in the beginning is Kenny Omega, didn't recognize him at first lol.
See I don't know how to feel yet. There are some changes I like and others I don't.
Like having his weapon be V-Trigger helps a ****ton and makes the knife a hell of a lot more useful than having to go out of your way to pick it up. 'Cause like in IV it was okay but usually you'd have to go out of your way to get it which didn't make it worth it in all scenarios.

On the other hand having some of his moves changed around could be finicky. Like this is just 2 minutes of footage so I can't say for certain, but it looks like they got rid of the rock (at least for base Cody) and replaced it with the air projectile. Which doesn't seem as good as the rock.
If he has both that I won't mind. It'd actually be good for zoning to have one slower projectile and one faster projectile.

Again I'm waiting for further notice, but first impression is eh, he's pretty all right. Not too shabby.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean, in some years, we're gonna look back on series that were set on the now-near-future that will look absurd too.
Yeah just like how the film 2012 is now a comedy film given the failed prediction that year. :troll:
It never said that lol :laugh:
Coulda sworn I saw that on your profile page. Must be the Mandala effect I guess. :confused:
You jest, but I've said before, it's unbelievable how much stuff gets shared among the relatively small pool of industry people down here. I know more about a couple upcoming games and films than I ever knew about Smash Wii U back during that leak. And no, nunya getting any info. Wait for E3.
Why you gotta make us jelly bruh? :c

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Damn, i'm going to be walking with a cane soon. :(

Although I could've sworn you were older. I checked your page before and it said you were like 27-29ish.

Lol I remember reading an Archie comic from back in the day where a character said we'd be living on Mars by the year 2010.

Wonder why authors and some others were so extravagant with their predictions for the future? IIRC I remember hearing something in the mid-2000's about how in the year 2020 we'd have pocket cars lol.
You probably were looking at my profile not Uni’s.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"Vaanrose confirms he knows things."

- My Nintendo News
I've had teachers just casually namedrop movies they're working on that haven't even been announced yet. One guy, who I won't name because he's a cool dude, straight up brought in a model for a character in a big CG summer blockbuster movie that hasn't even had a trailer drop yet.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah just like how the film 2012 is now a comedy film given the failed prediction that year. :troll:
I wonder what the worst example of that sort of thing is. Escape From New York had it so that the Cold War was still going on, New York City had been turned into a walled-off prison colony, and bombs can be implanted in someone through injection, all in the distant future of 1997.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I finished the Tempest Trials!

Got 38 orbs that will probably be around 50 when the banner actually comes out.

Leveling Marth up now. Hopefully we get the banner trailer tonight finally.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I do actually need glasses lol. I'm just too stubborn to wear them. ****ing hate wearing them.
same here actually i agree :V
Why? Because urafraid you'll look like a nerd? :V
nah, i think glasses can actually look cool to be honest

just their ****ing uncomfortable and have a piece of plastic or metal sitting on your face for who knows how long and constantly adjusting your eyes from looking into and out of glasses is a massive nuisance

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I wonder what the worst example of that sort of thing is. Escape From New York had it so that the Cold War was still going on, New York City had been turned into a walled-off prison colony, and bombs can be implanted in someone through injection, all in the distant future of 1997.
Just about every 80s future sci-fi movie was still set in the Cold War, regardless of how far into the future it was. 2010 was filled with "Why can't the US and Russia just get along" symbolism that, ironically, became outdated shortly after release only to double back and be relevant again by the time it was finally 2010.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess it would be 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Or anything to do with the end of our world lol.
same here actually i agree :V
Yeah glasses smlasses! Who needs em' anyways? :smirk:

Well I probably will when I need to drive one day lol.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Yeah glasses smlasses! Who needs em' anyways? :smirk:

Well I probably will when I need to drive one day lol.
same actuallly, and i do need them in daily life, their a ***** and can kinda hurt my eyes and face

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I also always find it funny when a movie is set decades into the future but sets a pertinent bit of backstory really close in time to release, so it quickly becomes outdated even when the bulk of the story still takes place in the distant future.

Like Stallone's Demolition Man, which is set in 2032, 40 years after the release date, but has Stallone be cryogenically frozen in 1996, only three years after release.

Or Star Trek, which was set in the 23rd Century, but still felt it necessary to give Khan a backstory dating to the 1990s. Three whole centuries before we could ever "catch up", but then they wrote the big villain's backstory to be about a genetic war that occurred only three decades after the show premiered. This despite the fact that they changed Spock from a Martian to a Vulcan because Gene Roddenberry was afraid we'd make contact with Martians before the show finished, lol.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, a lot of stories nowadays set in the near-future are more of "what if?" scenarios on what if this Plot Thing happened.
I still feel ripped off for that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To be fair, a lot of stories nowadays set in the near-future are more of "what if?" scenarios on what if this Plot Thing happened.
They do but some of them I think are what the author/director actually thinks will happen in the future.
I still feel ripped off for that.
Yeah I remember when it came out.

Apparently, the only place that wasn't devastated was Africa lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If nothing else I could always get Laser Eye surgery done. :shades:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

I got two buds who are gonna try Dead by Daylight with me.

It's free this weekend and we need one more.

Anyone wanna play with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom