• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
idiana is famous for yard sales? :V
Oh we aren't famous for anything, as much as the local governments like to push this or that in futility (oh hey, you know what sounds like a good concept pitch? Amish theme park!).

Yard sales are just a thing that seem to happen pretty much all over the place in Indiana that I hardly ever hear anyone online talk about. Complete with strangers chatting about random topics on occasion.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hey guys,

Please remind yourselves to love one another when you go to work, school, etc. The reason I'm saying this is because there was a school about 40 minutes from where I live that had a school shooting today. Only one student and teacher was harmed, but no one died as the teacher who got injured managed to tackle the gunner.
Not all heroes wear capes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, but since I've already alluded to it let me talk about just how insecure my area is.

There's this malt shop built out of like a train car in the downtown of one of the towns. There's a sign up front talking about how it was on some TV show or other like the place is some total five star tourist attraction for it. The seats in the booths are all ripped up and the food is eh.

There's a park I used to go to a lot where the big attraction is that there's a fairly old mill there. No joke, they didn't just have a guest register, I think they had a giant world map full of pins showing everywhere in the world where visitors came from to see their wonderful, wonderful mill. The diminutive gift shop even being open is like spotting a unicorn and I think the bridge to the hiking paths washed out a few years back and they never replaced it.

Then there's the weird dinky county displays. First it was flower gardens in the shape of quilts. I have no idea who decided that should be a thing. IIRC some of them are gone now while others are still upkept, but I'm not really sure who cared either way. Then there's all these painted elk statues along the roads in random places. Like, yeah I get it, Elkhart County yeah hahahah. Somebody somewhere out there must have spent actual money on this. It's not even like people could really go up to them and pose, these are along random busy roads. Just elk statues. . .chillin.

I don't even get my area, really.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So who do you think will be on this legendary banner? I think we will get the trailer tonight for it.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
OK, but since I've already alluded to it let me talk about just how insecure my area is.

There's this malt shop built out of like a train car in the downtown of one of the towns. There's a sign up front talking about how it was on some TV show or other like the place is some total five star tourist attraction for it. The seats in the booths are all ripped up and the food is eh.

There's a park I used to go to a lot where the big attraction is that there's a fairly old mill there. No joke, they didn't just have a guest register, I think they had a giant world map full of pins showing everywhere in the world where visitors came from to see their wonderful, wonderful mill. The diminutive gift shop even being open is like spotting a unicorn and I think the bridge to the hiking paths washed out a few years back and they never replaced it.

Then there's the weird dinky county displays. First it was flower gardens in the shape of quilts. I have no idea who decided that should be a thing. IIRC some of them are gone now while others are still upkept, but I'm not really sure who cared either way. Then there's all these painted elk statues along the roads in random places. Like, yeah I get it, Elkhart County yeah hahahah. Somebody somewhere out there must have spent actual money on this. It's not even like people could really go up to them and pose, these are along random busy roads. Just elk statues. . .chillin.

....if you want me to be honest your place sounds like total weird country and i already love it lol

would not eat at that malt shop though, place is weird even if it contributes to the weirdness that i love

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

My area is having a freak' identity crisis...

An ongoing one for decades now.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So who do you think will be on this legendary banner? I think we will get the trailer tonight for it.
Blue is kind of a toss up honestly. Maybe Love Abounds Lyn and Hardin?

Though honestly I'm hoping for Linde. She hasn't been on a banner for over a year despite being a five star exclusive.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Blue is kind of a toss up honestly. Maybe Love Abounds Lyn and Hardin?

Though honestly I'm hoping for Linde. She hasn't been on a banner for over a year despite being a five star exclusive.
I think it's a bit too soon for Love Abounds characters, as we haven't even gotten Christmas or New Years units from the Banners yet.

Hardin is possible, especially for being very good gameplay-wise and for being very good fodder. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets skipped out if we get Winter Lissa on the Banner, who also has Bold Fighter.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
....if you want me to be honest your place sounds like total weird country and i already love it lol

would not eat at that malt shop though, place is weird even if it contributes to the weirdness that i love
Well if you like hearing about it, I'm happy to say more, LOL.

There's this one thing I actually think is fairly cute all things considered even if I never really use it. There's a public transit system in the bigger cities (inasmuch as the county has big cities) consisting of buses shaped like trolley cars. I don't recall actual trolley cars ever really being a thing in this area, just the buses. I'm trying to think whether they're either free to ride or have really cheap fare, too.

But the main attraction is as expected, the Amish stuff. I mean, there's actual Amish people living their lives around here to be sure, horse and buggies with little triangle reflectors on the back of the buggies along the side of the road, buggy parking at Wal-Mart, buggy parking at the dentist, guys in top hats looking at their cell phones, occasionally making snark in Dutch. But the people who are definitely -not- Amish are the ones completely enthralled with it.

There's Amish tourist traps all the way from here to halfway through Ohio with the biggest noticeable gap being the area I lived in as a really young kid before this one, but in this county the place of interest consists of a restaurant with. . .also kind of eh food, a collection of different shops of varying content, an actually pretty decent hotel judging by the time my father won a free stay there off the radio (He's a. . .mild movie buff and a truck driver. Considering what radio challenges consist of and when radio is most likely listened to, it made for an interesting combination when he had an entirely local job.), and a little mini golf course out back.

For some reason old people -love- these kinds of places. Family members, neighbors, random people, but it's a rarity to see anyone below baby boomer age show up unless they're being dragged over by a baby boomer I.E. my situation, all the time, occasionally unwillingly anymore. I mean the shops are nice but the food really isn't that good and it's always always "oh let's go to the restaurant and then leave." Like the restaurant is worth spending your limited time at. It's not, no, just visit everything else there.

And yet despite all this the area is still like 80% completely vanilla. The only regional store we even really have is Meijer, which is basically just Wal-Mart except with a slightly different layout and decor and the claim to fame that it invented the Wal-Mart type superstore concept.

There's also the racist hicks with confederate flags. And the people making a business out of standing around on street corners with cardboard signs while begging for money that have suspiciously fancy clothes and get picked up by mysterious vans. But those are more bugs than features.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Totally Baseless predictions about the LB:

-New Hero is Fire with a Sword but unrelated to Fjorm
-At least one Ryofaced Hero, like X-Mas Robin
-Santa Chrom
-A Reinhardt
-Axura
-Not Celica
-Hardin

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Hello.

Yesterday I went to a Smash Bros. tournament in one of the high schools in my state. Overall, I ended up having a lot of fun at the event. It had been a while since I played Smash, so I wasn't sure how well I'd do. I thankfully did have some time to practice before the tournament started. I also ended up being seeded (am I using that word correctly?) in a position in the bracket where I didn't have to play right away. As for my results, I ended up losing a set, winning in losers, and losing another set. I ended up tying for 13th (there were 27 players at the tournament). I feel like I had played pretty well, and it definitely felt like everyone that I had played was around my skill level.

However, I did end up having to wait about an hour to get, as we had finished an hour earlier than expected, and my family had agreed to pick me up when we had expected to finish. And my phone had died, so I couldn't tell them that.

But aside from that, it was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again.

Considering most of you are saving for the CYL2 Banner.

Which unit new or not would make you say "**** it" and start burning your stash of Orbs in their banner?
For characters already in Heroes:
Some units that I don't have but want to get are M!Grima, F!Morgan, Amelia, Halloween Henry, and Valentines Lyn (so essentially, another Armor March unit).

Units with bad IVs that I'd like to get another of are Ryoma, Brave Roy, Delthea, and maybe Spring Alfonse. For a while I had thought that my Lukas had bad IVs, but that was only because Fortress Defense lowers Atk by 3. Turns out he's neutral.
But for heroes that aren't currently in the game:
  • Canas
  • Pent
  • Oswin
  • Forde
  • Cormag
  • Owain (as in, a version of him based on how he was in Awakening, not Odin)
  • Forrest

Concept: the character in your icon is now the playable character in their own game. The game is set in their universe of origin and only one thing is different: they have a gun.
Doesn't matter if their universe doesn't have guns. The gun possesses infinite ammo. If they already have a gun, they get another gun.
I bet XC1 would be kind of different if Alvis had a gun.
I wonder if he could easily kill Zanza with a gun (probably not).
Here´s a personal question:

What are ya'lls goals in life? What do you all strife for? What's the main reason you wake up everyday?

I myself hope to at least once travel the world and expand my knowledge. Also, another goal is to become successful with my career whatever it may be. Just showing those people who've doubted me since my youth that I can actually achieve something in a life time. Did I mention starting a family? Who knows? Perhaps I might become the radest dad within 10 years?

If this question doesn't bring some positivity in the thread I don't know what will. We sure as hell could use it after yesterday's conflict.
I suppose one day I hope that I can get a job as a computer scientist or a game design, although I suppose the former is more likely to happen.

I suppose simply living a happy life as well.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Well if you like hearing about it, I'm happy to say more, LOL.

There's this one thing I actually think is fairly cute all things considered even if I never really use it. There's a public transit system in the bigger cities (inasmuch as the county has big cities) consisting of buses shaped like trolley cars. I don't recall actual trolley cars ever really being a thing in this area, just the buses. I'm trying to think whether they're either free to ride or have really cheap fare, too.

But the main attraction is as expected, the Amish stuff. I mean, there's actual Amish people living their lives around here to be sure, horse and buggies with little triangle reflectors on the back of the buggies along the side of the road, buggy parking at Wal-Mart, buggy parking at the dentist, guys in top hats looking at their cell phones, occasionally making snark in Dutch. But the people who are definitely -not- Amish are the ones completely enthralled with it.

There's Amish tourist traps all the way from here to halfway through Ohio with the biggest noticeable gap being the area I lived in as a really young kid before this one, but in this county the place of interest consists of a restaurant with. . .also kind of eh food, a collection of different shops of varying content, an actually pretty decent hotel judging by the time my father won a free stay there off the radio (He's a. . .mild movie buff and a truck driver. Considering what radio challenges consist of and when radio is most likely listened to, it made for an interesting combination when he had an entirely local job.), and a little mini golf course out back.

For some reason old people -love- these kinds of places. Family members, neighbors, random people, but it's a rarity to see anyone below baby boomer age show up unless they're being dragged over by a baby boomer I.E. my situation, all the time, occasionally unwillingly anymore. I mean the shops are nice but the food really isn't that good and it's always always "oh let's go to the restaurant and then leave." Like the restaurant is worth spending your limited time at. It's not, no, just visit everything else there.

And yet despite all this the area is still like 80% completely vanilla. The only regional store we even really have is Meijer, which is basically just Wal-Mart except with a slightly different layout and decor and the claim to fame that it invented the Wal-Mart type superstore concept.

There's also the racist hicks with confederate flags. And the people making a business out of standing around on street corners with cardboard signs while begging for money that have suspiciously fancy clothes and get picked up by mysterious vans. But those are more bugs than features.
why the hell is there so much amish stuff out there lol? like is it in the open country or wat? or do people escape to indiana to escape the corruption of technology?

so you have trolley car shaped busses everywhere? did people just like the design and used them or found like a buncha old ones and repurposed them? the latter sounds more interesting tbh, either way neat ya can get around on such pretty cheaply either way

and ya i'm not surprised, old peeps like to vacation to out back like places, not really sure why myself either, but they always gather around such and such

what a ****ing weird thing to claim to fame "we were wal-mart before it was cool" meijer confirmed hipster

um...confederate flags are back then with the whole merican civial war thingy right? sorry history isn't my strong point :V hell i don't actually know that much about my own countries history, but anyway so homeless people are fancy, they go into mystery trucks looking for candy, and everything is standing around for money, and thats apparently a bug lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Opossum Opossum 's wallet would break, as well as his heart, if there was a Love Abounds Hardin and Nyna.
And their summoned from the point in time where Hardin still thinks Nyna legitimately loves him, while Nyna's quotes are all about mourning Camus but not wanting to hurt Hardin.

Just cut my heart in two, IS.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My legendary banner prediction:

Linde hopefully

And the legendary hero is a red mage seliph who takes after julia.

Probably wrong but the man deserves something

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
You know the Smash 4 player named Zero?

He streamed PMD2 Explorers of Sky blind a while back. Not sure if it was talked about here.

Apparently something happened with him later and IGN deleted his stream or something. I saw comments about it on the IGN Explorers of Sky review video. Anyone know what happened?

----

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Oh for ****'s sake I hate when I accidentally delete something in group quotes :crying:

Lemme see what I've caught up to...

Swampasaur said:
People are criticized in all aspects of life Shiny.

I'll just tell ya what my dad told me.

Barring rare circumstances, don't take criticism personally.

It's something I struggle with too, but it's necessary to do to get by in this world.
Even as a 25 year old, I had my moments of taking things personally...and some too personally. At the same time I do feel that some push my buttons without realizing what I've been through so explains why I'm quite sensitive towards certain things at time

In other news, Mario Tennis Aces' launch roster got datamined out of the demo.

It's in Japanese, but for convenience's sake, the full listing is, in order: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser, Boo, Rosalina, Toadette, Toad, Diddy, Koopa Troopa, Paratroopa, Shy Guy, Kamek, Birdo, Spike, Dry Bones, Boom Boom, Chain Chomp, and Blooper.

No Pauline is a surprise, but at least it's not Sprixie Princess again. Nice to see Boom Boom and Kamek get in on the spinoff mix again.
I'm more bothered by the fact that Dixie isn't playable, yet we get Dry Bowser....AGAIN :grrr:

For ****'s sake, bring someone who is more fun to play like Wiggler or Fly Guy return instead of another Bowser

Just wanted to make a note/announcement mainly to those who have Shiny on their ignore lists, but he is taking a 2 week hiatus starting today to improve himself as a person and will be returning on June 8th. As for why I am making this announcement in his place, it's because I honestly believe he's very serious about wanting to improve himself and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for this time.

In general, I hope the hiatus helps him feel better and happier as a whole.
To be quite frank, I'm not buying it. Not yet.

This is a possible chance to have us cool down and then once Shiny comes back, he could end up being all improved before he goes back to his old ways and I'm not gonna be expecting much with him. If he wants to seriously improve, good for him. But how do we know if he's really a 14 year old who has his own personal issues or if this is just another troll among the boards wasting our time to give him attention when he's not the focus? He can talk the talk, but will he walk the walk? I'm not buying it until I see black and white evidence that he changed. Overwise he's better on ignore where we can just focus on things without him craving for more attention than necessary.

Now I'm done talking about Shiny on here, so if anyone wants to do so, let's move them to PM when we can just focus on other things without the cycle of repeating happening again.

Been thinking.

Last time I said I might need to dip from NintenZone for a few days for personal reasons, I never did it. But the more I've thought on the matter, the more it's been clear to me I could use the vacation. I'm all...bitter, or something, the last few days. Don't know how to describe it, just know I need to re-center.

So. Going on holiday for the weekend and returning Monday.

Won't be out of the site entirely - that poor writing challenge thread needs an update - just won't be here specifically. I love y'all, I do, but I've needed some reflection time and much as i hate to admit it this place kind of distracts me from that.

Godspeed for the moment, fam. Don't burn the place down.
Hope you find your fuel Red!

Here´s a personal question:

What are ya'lls goals in life? What do you all strife for? What's the main reason you wake up everyday?

I myself hope to at least once travel the world and expand my knowledge. Also, another goal is to become successful with my career whatever it may be. Just showing those people who've doubted me since my youth that I can actually achieve something in a life time. Did I mention starting a family? Who knows? Perhaps I might become the radest dad within 10 years?

If this question doesn't bring some positivity in the thread I don't know what will. We sure as hell could use it after yesterday's conflict.
My goal at the moment is to get into grad school and graduate with a Masters in American Sign Language as I want to teach ASL and teach at a university/college. I'd rather them than a high school with teenage drama.

Also to get involved more in my state's Deaf community and become an active member of politics here.

How different would FFX be if Tidus had a gun?
At least one more ranged fighter :laugh:

So, in response to the Mario Tennis Aces datamining...
Even after being so played up with Odyssey, Pauline STILL can't get into a spinoff game
Personally I never liked Pauline so I can't say anything negative. I just don't think she deserves to be in a spinoff yet

So I had to go down into the city today and while there I played some go and did field research. I have my first legendary now:

Pretty happy! Zapdos is probably my favorite legendary bird and I didn’t know field research gave it out. I thought articuno was the one you could catch from it currently.

Still going to be looking for those shiny fossils when I can though.
Congats man! I just caught my third Zapdos a couple of days ago and I'm looking forward to catching Articuno

That's because they are, Opopo.
Caeda, Minerva, Palla, Catria, Dean, Miledy, Cormag, Jill, Haar, and Camilla would like to share some choice words with you.

Edit: Greninja'd
Add Marcia to that list. She was a ****ing beast in Path of Radiance. In fact, almost every unit in that game was solid when they're trained.

Seems like standard FE discussion to me.
Person A: I think this unit is good.
Person B: I disagree.
*repeat for 10 pages*

Ippei the god :love:
It's the same for Smash when it comes to the following

Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Ridley's too big, DLC, Sakurai plz, etc. :troll:

I think I saw something about that out of the corner of my eye reading other stuff. That's rough, stay safe out there.

*looks up where it happened*

I guess you're from the Indy area, then?

I guess part of me is glad I live in a more mid-sized area. Bit too much of a drive for Indy to ever be a regularly visited place for me, so I don't feel the same personal punch from it, but just being in the same state as it offers a bit of perspective as to how these really awful tragedies happen anywhere.
I heard about the shooting too, at a yard sale. I don't know how exactly how far the school away the school is from where I live (I'm also in Indiana), but this scares me some regardless.
Nice to see that I have fellow Hoosiers on here as well!

I got the news from a friend of mine who lives right by the school when she was driving through there. It was surprising to see how much

idiana is famous for yard sales? :V
God dammit Natz, it's Indiana

Thats... a pretty weird thing to be famous for
Not exactly. We're famous for having the **** of a Vice-President that we call Mike Pence and I ****ing loathe the man for his homophobia

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
i'm feeling better from last night~

don't got much going on this day though so just been spending it resting and doing nothing -3-

ya?
Well, I’m glad you’re feeling better now.

I could be better, honestly. Not exactly in the brightest of spirits, but eh.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
aw :c whys that?
Admittedly, I don’t exactly know. Maybe it’s because of another incident like what was mentioned earlier happening in Indiana, or it could be other things that happened. I guess my mood just went down as time went on today.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

Admittedly, I don’t exactly know. Maybe it’s because of another incident like what was mentioned earlier happening in Indiana, or it could be other things that happened. I guess my mood just went down as time went on today.
...so like moodswings? minor things heaping on ya? or just overall stress and stuff hitting?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Well, I’m glad you’re feeling better now.

I could be better, honestly. Not exactly in the brightest of spirits, but eh.
Alright everyone let's gather around the circle of discussions

Now yellow, why not we start with you and vent about how you're feeling?

Chrono.

Are you ready for fake Pokemon leaks?

EDIT:

Details:
Let's go leaks:

>it is a sequel to Yellow
>protagonists are professor blue oak's children
>the rival is red's son on a spiritual journey on behalf of his father
>the starter is depending on which version you chose
>pikachu and eevee get a new evolution

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
...so like moodswings? minor things heaping on ya? or just overall stress and stuff hitting?
Mainly just the latter, if anything.

Alright everyone let's gather around the circle of discussions

Now yellow, why not we start with you and vent about how you're feeling?
As I’ve been saying, my mood has simply been down for a while. That’s really about it.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
How is everyone doing tonight? I hope it’s well. :o
Eh, I'm doing fine enough, I suppose. Got nothing to do for the weekend so there's that.

I could get around to doing stuff I wanna do or I can sit around and play stuff I've been meaning to play. Or I can just play the same games over and over again. That works too.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Are you ready for fake Pokemon leaks?

EDIT:

Details:
Let's go leaks:

>it is a sequel to Yellow
>protagonists are professor blue oak's children
>the rival is red's son on a spiritual journey on behalf of his father
>the starter is depending on which version you chose
>pikachu and eevee get a new evolution
Good god why does the girl look like she hit some terrible fashion sense?

At least Red's son looks pretty badass here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom