• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here´s a personal question:

What are ya'lls goals in life? What do you all strife for? What's the main reason you wake up everyday?

I myself hope to at least once travel the world and expand my knowledge. Also, another goal is to become successful with my career whatever it may be. Just showing those people who've doubted me since my youth that I can actually achieve something in a life time. Did I mention starting a family? Who knows? Perhaps I might become the radest dad within 10 years?

If this question doesn't bring some positivity in the thread I don't know what will. We sure as hell could use it after yesterday's conflict.
My personal goal is to become a Game Designer and create/direct my own video game.

Of course right now I only have expertise in the field of Finance so IDK how i'm going to get around getting better at my visual arts prowess. I have been practicing my drawing daily though it's not what I would call exceptional.

Sometime in my lifetime, I hope to accomplish this goal. Selfishly, I want said game to be remembered as one of the greatest of all time. Akin to a Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7. One that gamers would cherish forever.

Tall orders, tall orders. I know.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Didn't take a minute for that to happen with Rosalina too? And she was way more of a key player during the Galaxy games.
There's a huge difference.
Pauline is the original gal Mario rescued. Her modern design dates back to the box art of Donkey Kong '94 and cemented with the Mario vs Donkey Kong subseries that started on the GBA.
Meanwhile, Rosalina was an original character who debuted in Galaxy come November 1st, 2007, and was in Mario Kart Wii when it came out April 10th, 2008.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There's a huge difference.
Pauline is the original gal Mario rescued. Her modern design dates back to the box art of Donkey Kong '94 and cemented with the Mario vs Donkey Kong subseries that started on the GBA.
Meanwhile, Rosalina was an original character who debuted in Galaxy come November 1st, 2007, and was in Mario Kart Wii when it came out April 10th, 2008.
Yeah, but in each game she appeared before Odyssey, all Pauline was was a damsel in distress.

Rosalina was actually a supporting member of Galaxy 1, so we saw her pretty often.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Tekken 7 is getting free DLC to celebrate it's first anniversary.

It's all costumes/cosmetics.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Got back from Solo.
Was alright, probably the weakest Disney Star Wars film though but still p good.
Alden was pretty good as Han but yeah, he had the uphill battle of living up to Harrison Ford which is... tough to say the least.
Glover was amazing as Lando, definitely pulled off the Billy Dee aspect.
For other characters Emilia Clarke did nicely as Qi'ra and L3 is yet another amazing droid.
Woody Harrelson is Woody Harrelson.

Unfortunately not a lot of L3 though but she shines with her inciting the rebellion on Kessel and lines like responding to Lando's "Want anything?" with "Equal Rights"

They went pretty deep for references. Bossk, Aurra Sing, Teras Kasi (that ****ty fighting game on the PS1), Oseon and a bunch of other stuff. Could have done a lot less on that but eh.

They set up for sequels and stuff too. Jabba gets referred to as "Big Gangster on Tatooine" a few times and it ends with Han and Chewie flying there, could feed into Boba Fett's film if they opt for that direction. Qi'ra lives and she serves... Maul. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

No "I'm Han Solo" song though so it's a 0/10

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm hoping Smash Switch brings back Conquest mode that was in 3DS/Wii U

The biggest change I want is to make it more worthwhile and rewarding in the same vein as Splatoon's Splatfest and ARMS' Party Crash.

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping Smash Switch brings back Conquest mode that was in 3DS/Wii U

The biggest change I want is to make it more worthwhile and rewarding in the same vein as Splatoon's Splatfest and ARMS' Party Crash.
Eh, Conquest was just insignificant, even if it had better rewards. It was just "there" and it didn't affect how you played.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Geez, I know Fliers in FE are divisive, but chaotic much?
Seems like standard FE discussion to me.
Person A: I think this unit is good.
Person B: I disagree.
*repeat for 10 pages*
How about an artwork of Old Hector by our favourite Arden and Dorcas artist, Ippei?
Ippei the god :love:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Arcanir covered everything else.
I really don't care for tier lists, especially when those have clear biases to specific play styles.
Is hard mode moderate-efficiency really biased toward anything other than No Grinding?

They come with such low enough Str that there's no point in using them. And it's a game where Archers have 5 Rng, them trying to go in the frontlines is suicide.
In what world is there no point in using Palla or Catria? They join at a time when Celica's other teammates are severely hampered by the terrain. There's a reason swamp and desert maps are so reviled, and it's due to limited movement...which fliers don't need to worry about. Catria has pretty good stats upon joining while Palla's bases are good enough to carry her through the whole game. Add in the fact that Falcon Knights have a built in strength against Terrors, which make up a vast majority of late game enemies, and high resistance, to account for the magic users.

There's a damn good reason Palla is nigh-universally considered the best unit in SoV alongside Saber. They represent the best strengths of the game's two best classes, Falcon Knight and Dread Fighter.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
i'm kinda stuck there to in this mess i'm not apart of and secretly wondering if everyone around me is unhealthly addicted :V
Not unhealthily

I only spent real money in this game one and actually got what I wanted through it... three times.

Now's the time where I spend nothing, then complain about having low Orbs :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm talking specifically about GBA and 3DS, which are the games I've played.

Doesn't work with Trade in GBA, only if they use an item after doing so.
Fair enough.

Then what's the point of high Mov? Cavalries have more than enough Def to handle those enemies
If a character is getting ganged up by multiple enemies like you imply with Pegasus Knights, then more then likely they're dying as well. Being bulky matters little if you don't position them well.

You must be using Mages wrong because every Mage worth their momey can just dodge tank those.
And Pegasus Knights can do the same thing, so what's your point there? If we're including a luck factor into this, then other units should have the same luxury, you can't pick and choose which units can or can't deal with their weaknesses.

It's a statistical weakness, which can be covered with other stats or have them focus on other jobs. It's not a mechanical weakness that makes them receive triple damage that doesn't go away unless you have a specific item.
And if we're using 'well it's covered by other stats or different focuses, so it doesn't count', then we can extend the same thing to fliers. Pegasus Knight's SPD and Avoid and Wyvern Knight's defenses along with the shield can allow them to deal with bows, you can't ignore one class' weaknesses and then play up the others.

Also, as an aside, effective damage is 2x in some games like FE7, so it's not always consistent.

And your point is? It IS uncommon enough that 99% of the time, your Cavalry unit will win, while 100% of the time, a Flier will get OHKO'd
Based on what information? If based on personal experience, I could potentially list many examples where a cavailer does die in that situation whereas my fliers don't. Hell, I just watched a playthrough where a Pegasus Knight dodge-tanked 4 hits and tanked a Bow, so if you're going to go by this point, it's best to use evidence backed up by in-game data.

What are their strengths then? Village and rescue bots and that's it. High Res is pointless because they can't counter Mages unless they kill their Spd.
And Mages don't suffer from poor Con either? Dark Tomes are ridiculously heavy, Elfire (the equivalent of a Steel) weighs 10, and Shine weighs 8. To use a comparison with playable units, Lute has a Con of 3, Artur and Ewan has a Con of 6, and Knoll has a Con of 7, and Promotion only knocks them up by one. All of them get weighed down by their Steel Weapon equivalent, and that extends to enemies as well who tend to have even worse AS.

So again, if Pegasus Knights have their issue, so do Mages, and thus their Spd being 'killed' matters little since ultimately they're still outspeeding and likely ORKOing most Mages they come across, especially since they're not bulky in the first place.

High Spd is pointless because they either have to kill it to deal damage or can't deal damage to be able to dodge.
Refer to my above post about Con, if you're going to use it against Peggys, then use it against the majority of other units.

She's still not doubling anyone which, by that point, everyone but Lilina should be able to do so.
On average, only the units like Percival (who's ridiculous) and Rutger (who's made to be speedy) are, the rest would be around Miledy's SPD, at that's assuming you promoted them at 20.

Where are those stats even coming from?
Here

Atk is low that it can, at most, deal only half of the enemies' HP in her joining chapter, she has no Spd to be able to double anything and her defensive stats are not enough for her to tank the bridges, especially with Archers around.
-She can 2HKO the majority of enemies, if not all of them.
-She has the bulk to take 12 damage from only a few of them, around 4 for the rest, that means she's getting 4HKO'd at best while they aren't doubling her in return while the rest are doing far worse damage output to her.
-Her SPD is good enough to avoid doubling and potentially double like the rest of the cast.

I'm sorry, but I don't see where she's bad in at all with this, most units in FE6 would kill for stats like these.

Villages are specific cases and they're incredibly vulnerable when trying to visit them and most certainly not a trait that redeems all their faults.
Ferrying is great and all, but hardly a reason to field an unit in place of a better one or just, like, a staff bot
Considering conditions like Seize exists, especially in FE6 where it's predominantly the win condition, being able to get your characters to a certain point faster is much more of a boon then you're letting on, and that's not getting into their other perks.

You mentioned two chapters out of Conquest's, what, 22?
I mentioned a couple examples, if you want me to list others, I'll gladly do it, but I don't think either of us want to be here all day.

Most chapters have flat ground with the exceptions not helping Camilla or Beruka(the two fliers you get) in the slightest, and Archers are 100% a bigger threat than in any other game because they have Axe levels of Mt with the same great hit% they've always had.
Archers still don't have an player phase where they can retaliate against melee units and options like Pair-Up exists to get around those flaws, again, play to their strengths, not to their weaknesses.

Also, the whole gimmick of Ch24 revolves around NOT letting Fliers move as otherwise they get the jump on you and you literally can't finish Ch10 earlier.
You can defeat Takumi earlier to prevent the Dragon's Vein from affecting the map.

As for Chapter 24...

Fliers have the lowest Con with their Pegasus Knights, only Mages have as low of a Con but they're not competing with other magic users so that's just something you have to deal with it.
With Pegasus, a Cavalry unit can do what they do with a lance much better.
Doesn't mean the people they're fighting aren't getting weighed down either. Again, don't just look at the character's stats in a vacuum, if Cavalier #216 has low AS while Tate has high AS even with a Steel Lance, she's still doubling and likely killing him.

Also, as an example where your Con point doesn't effect how good a unit is, note that you mentioned Rutger was good a while ago. He has the same Con as Tate and just 1 more then Shanna, and he gets weighed down by even a Steel Sword. So if it's an issue for them, it's an issue for him as well, but you knew how to play around that weakness and exploit his strengths regardless.

Their strengths aren't good enough to excuse using them for being fliers. At most, you'll ever use one Flier for ferrying and village purposes, but they'll rarely accomplish anything in combat. Fliers who are actually useful outside of movement utility are good because of their outstanding stats that are more than worth to deal with the Archer weakness(and units like Cormag come right before you get the Wing Shield).
No, being a flier is a boon by virtue of the strengths it provides sitting on top of the ones the characters already have. If you can have a general that can fly around taking care of units, then you're going to use them over the general that has pitiful movement, that's why Haar is so beloved. If you can have a unit that can at like a Swordmaster/Mage Killer that can fly around and ignore troublesome terrain, you're going to use that unit ahead of one that doesn't have the same luxury, that's why Palla and Catria are rated highly. An Archer weakness is a small price to pay for a unit that has a lot of flexibility to them, and ignoring that flexibility means you're heavily downplaying how good these units can be and are generally agreed to be.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When you wear tight shirts it makes you look in better shape than you actually are

Either that or I am in better shape than I thought I was

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Figured you all would like this:

I'm hiding from Ninten-jas in a broom closet, it I finally have a moment to leak my info.

First, what do we know about how characters are chosen?
1. Sakurai must see "potential".
2. They must be reasonably popular.
3. They usually are timely unless they're historical.

I'm here to tell you those "rules" are lies.

Within the spoiler tag is how Sakurai truly chooses characters. You may never see Smash the same again.

I want to get off Mr. Sakurai's wild ride.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Looks like Hackers have ruined splatoon 2. time to stop playing

they hacked the firing rate on the rapid blaster
Just report and move on.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hey guys,

Please remind yourselves to love one another when you go to work, school, etc. The reason I'm saying this is because there was a school about 40 minutes from where I live that had a school shooting today. Only one student and teacher was harmed, but no one died as the teacher who got injured managed to tackle the gunner.

D

Deleted member

I'm really not going to continue this argument any further because it's clear it isn't going anywhere. I'm honestly wondering if we're even playing the same game because no flier I ever used has been able to do the things you two are claiming.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm really not going to continue this argument any further because it's clear it isn't going anywhere. I'm honestly wondering if we're even playing the same game because no flier I ever used has been able to do the things you two are claiming.
Your games must've been bootlegs all along.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For the first time in five years, I FINALLY have been called for a job interview.

I am both excited and uneasy. My gut feels like its been tied into a knot and kicks a dozen times, yet in my head, I'm thinking of nothing but pleasant thoughts.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For the first time in five years, I FINALLY have been called for a job interview.

I am both excited and uneasy. My gut feels like its been tied into a knot and kicks a dozen times, yet in my head, I'm thinking of nothing but pleasant thoughts.
Good luck Aurane~

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey guys,

Please remind yourselves to love one another when you go to work, school, etc. The reason I'm saying this is because there was a school about 40 minutes from where I live that had a school shooting today. Only one student and teacher was harmed, but no one died as the teacher who got injured managed to tackle the gunner.
I think I saw something about that out of the corner of my eye reading other stuff. That's rough, stay safe out there.

*looks up where it happened*

I guess you're from the Indy area, then?

I guess part of me is glad I live in a more mid-sized area. Bit too much of a drive for Indy to ever be a regularly visited place for me, so I don't feel the same personal punch from it, but just being in the same state as it offers a bit of perspective as to how these really awful tragedies happen anywhere.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hey guys,

****.....glad things got under control...thats ****ing rough...

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hey guys,

I heard about the shooting too, at a yard sale. I don't know how exactly how far the school away the school is from where I live (I'm also in Indiana), but this scares me some regardless.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I heard about the shooting too, at a yard sale. I don't know how exactly how far the school away the school is from where I live (I'm also in Indiana), but this scares me some regardless.
I know this kind of takes away from the gravity of the situation, but it's amazing how Indiana these four words are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom