• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Both DB and DBGT felt alien to me back in the day.

Me or my friends never saw it, instead we just thought it was cool because we played the games and liked SSJ4 a lot.

I didn't catch GT on the air until the last episode of the Shadow Dragons.
Child me actually loved GT as much as I did Z because of the aesthetic of the show and of course SSJ4 looked badass.

Now I don't have the same fondness for GT aside from the Bebi arc and the tail end of the Shadow Dragon arc. I still maintain that Syn/Omega Shenron had the best design for a villain and everything about him screamed final boss to me. More so than anyone in Super IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, Bulma is best girl.

I miss her wild hairstyle changes.
I do not know how I feel about Bulma. Bulma is hotter than Kale at least.
I remember I saw her flash her.. "private parts".
Weird scene.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im just waiting for the inevitable return of Coliflora transformed in SS Blue in the follow up series of Super.

Chrono.

Im just waiting for the inevitable return of Coliflora transformed in SS Blue in the follow up series of Super.
Plot twist: She gets to SSJ4 instead cause she and Kale trained on her own without Vados' help.

It wouldn't make sense with the current SSJ4 lore but I'll take it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Z was great but could have used atleast 1 female character in the Dragon team.
I wouldn't mind if Pan was that character eventually in the story provided she's nothing like her GT counterpart.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wouldn't mind if Pan was that character eventually in the story provided she's nothing like her GT counterpart.
Pan is definitely gonna grow up cause they’re eventually gonna get to the last arc of Z. So Uub will show up too.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Honestly, Bulma is best girl.

I miss her wild hairstyle changes.
She lowkey is the hero of all the sagas as she made Goku explore the world and get stronger.

Plot twist: She gets to SSJ4 instead cause she and Kale trained on her own without Vados' help.

It wouldn't make sense with the current SSJ4 lore but I'll take it.
We have Dragon Ball Heroes for that :denzel:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well damn I’d love to talk more but I gotta go to work early so I gotta go sleep now.

Goodnight!

D

Deleted member

This is going to be a rough time period, but E3 is going to be worth it.
Just expect sadness for about two weeks and then at the near point of E3, I will be happy. E3 will make me even happier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I honestly kinda dislike Uub. Or at least the idea of Goku training him instead of Pan.

It's kinda one reason why the ending felt unsatisfying to me.

Even GT got it better.
How could they even if they don’t have tails?
That's why I said it wouldn't make sense with the lore. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...I like Uub, alot.

I just wish he got more screentime so that his potential could be fully realize, GT had the ideas, but the excution was so bad, Uub was basically a jobber and nothing else in that show, which is infurating.

Being a Uub fan is hard...:urg:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I honestly kinda dislike Uub. Or at least the idea of Goku training him instead of Pan.
That's okay, she's got Uncle Piccolo to teach her. She'll show up post time-skip with basically her GT design but instead of an 80s bandana she'll be rocking the demon school turban

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

It's kinda one reason why the ending felt unsatisfying to me.

Even GT got it better.

That's why I said it wouldn't make sense with the lore. :p
Yeah Z's ending felt pretty unsatisfying. Although I kind of like it better than GT's ending personally. GT felt like it was the grand finale of the series and there would never be anything after it. With Z you got a sense that things would still continue and the story would never end as long as the Dragon Balls were around.

Goku training Pan would have made more sense than Uub yeah. Granted she was the only Saiyan/Human hybrid that was interested in fighting. Gohan was all but retired at that point and Goten/Trunks were uninterested themselves. Bulla was never going to be a fighter so naturally she was the only one left.

Chrono.

Child me actually loved GT as much as I did Z because of the aesthetic of the show and of course SSJ4 looked badass.

Now I don't have the same fondness for GT aside from the Bebi arc and the tail end of the Shadow Dragon arc. I still maintain that Syn/Omega Shenron had the best design for a villain and everything about him screamed final boss to me. More so than anyone in Super IMO.
Yeah Super had a real bad villain problem.

Goku Black and Zamasu were really good... But that's all the villains we got. lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
She'll show up post time-skip with basically her GT design
Please...

Please no! :scared:
Yeah Super had a real bad villain problem.

Goku Black and Zamasu were really good... But that's all the villains we got. lol
Zamasu had a cool design to him as did Goku Black. They were also the only villains in Super I found to be remotely interesting. Everything in the tournament arc was wack for me.

GT might have been crap in a lot of regards but it has two of my favorite villains in the franchise. The Bebi Arc is criminally underrated by DB fans IMO.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I kinda hope EoZ gets retconned, that way the original ending would lead to GT and the new one to a new series featuring rad stuff like SSJ Pan and Bra

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I kinda hope EoZ gets retconned, that way the original ending would lead to GT and the new one to a new series featuring rad stuff like SSJ Pan and Bra
I mean if they continue Super they're going to have to do that aren't they?

There's no way they could put EoZ and GT into Super's timeline. Everyone is broken AF now and are immensely powerful compared to their counterparts from those time periods.

Although personally I would rather have EoZ be canon and Super be non-canon. Mainly because of my dislike for Super.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Please...

Please no! :scared:
There's nothing wrong with her GT design aside from the datedness of the attire. I like that Pan starts out as kind of a brat. It separates her from naive friendly kid Goku and timid dork kid Gohan and gives her a place to develop as a character from.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There's nothing wrong with her GT design aside from the datedness of the attire. I like that Pan starts out as kind of a brat. It separates her from naive friendly kid Goku and timid dork kid Gohan and gives her a place to develop as a character from.
That's not the personality she should have had though. Nor the design. She should have sported a martial arts gi instead of that horrid design.

Her character in EoZ should have been a continuation from what it was in EoZ. She was going to be a great martial artist instead of being the annoying brat she was in GT.

Even DB Multiverse got this right and I have mixed feelings about that manga.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
That's not the personality she should have had though. Nor the design. She should have sported a martial arts gi instead of that horrid design.

Her character in EoZ should have been a continuation from what it was in EoZ. She was going to be a great martial artist instead of being the annoying brat she was in GT.

Even DB Multiverse got this right and I have mixed feelings about that manga.
Yeah but Goku abandoned her, and her Dad's a total dweeb. Punk Rebel Tween Pan works, imo. She should have at least a little bit of her mother in there.

Chrono.

And yet she apparently never really developed much.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah but Goku abandoned her, and her Dad's a total dweeb. Punk Rebel Tween Pan works, imo. She should have at least a little bit of her mother in there.
Even so it's a horrible characterization for what was otherwise a character with so much potential. It's a shame that's basically how she is in every DB related media.

If there's one thing I want Super to obliterate is everything about GT Pan. Make her completely different like the way she was supposed to be in EoZ.
Yeah she was pretty much the same by the time GT ended lol. What a horrible character.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Well that's cause GT was terrible. The point is if she starts out as another Goku clone there's nothing for her to do. That's the problem Super ran into with Goten. Kid's just kinda there now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Every time I hear/read the word "Abuelito" I think of Pan trying to talk with Golden Ozaru Goku

That's the only thing memorable of her.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well that's cause GT was terrible. The point is if she starts out as another Goku clone there's nothing for her to do. That's the problem Super ran into with Goten. Kid's just kinda there now.
Goten actually developed to his own character in EoZ. That being something of a ladies man.

The only problem is that Super won't let Goten and Trunks grow up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I now have a best girl as an avi.

Neat.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Goten actually developed to his own character in EoZ. That being something of a ladies man.

The only problem is that Super won't let Goten and Trunks grow up.
The less we talk about EoZ Goten the better. Now there's a design that never should have existed.

Yamcha-looking mfer who literally needs to wear his name on his shirt so you can tell them apart, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom