• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Holy hell I've always thought Blue was like 15-16 from the time we did so many arguments lmao

Happy birthday @BluePikmin11 just don't do anything stupid

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't forget to add Saban TMNT to it as well.
That too. But I mentioned it later on among the various crossover stuff, so... plus, there's no way they'd add the The Next Mutation stuff. They might remake Venus to fit the new design? I know among TNM directors, the one who hates Venus left, meaning she's easy to come back, as she is legitimately popular. It's just the specific work she's from is not(and for good reasons. Maybe if it had another season to finish off the story, it'd have done better, but it left too many holes).

You know that wasn't even a remake right? It was just up scaledfootage with some edit frames slapped onto it.
Same difference to what I mean. It's not canon, which was my only point. But yeah, I forgot that was a bad way to put it. Though I did have some fun with it. The music didn't do much beyond improve in some ways. Seeing Titanus roll in with thunder sound effects was great. And having Bulk and Skull's laughter in the theme song was cool.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I will never understand why Venus was added in the first place other than to get some female audiences

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I will never understand why Venus was added in the first place other than to get some female audiences
Opposite. She was clearly there for the male audiences, as fanservice. April didn't exist. And she wasn't actually related to the turtles so they could add romance too.

The problem is the writing. She's a great idea, just executed really badly. Her personality and jokes were far better than the rest of the way they handled it, though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
God. I hate Goku.

Don't get me wrong?

I love Goku.

But I HATE Goku.

And why? He's that character whose popularity refuses to die or fade into this place of legacy, so they've kept the anime and manga going to the point where he is a character who is at such a ridiculous power level that there's no sense of agency in any of his battles no matter how hard they try.

And to try? They have to increase the ridiculousness of how powerful his foes get as well.

He's probably the most obvious case of a character's popularity harming him as well. Fanboys and girls ask for more of him to the point where you have to eventually wonder ''How are they even going to top the levels he got into in Super if this thing keeps going?"

And I don't think I particular want to find out either as interesting and iconic as he is, because the more his power level grows. The more obnoxious his die hard fans become as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I decided to do a quick five orb summon on the Genealogy banner since I was at 256 orbs and didn't want the Pac-Man kill screen death.

I have a +Spd -HP Ryoma now, which also means I have all four Hoshidan royals.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sooooo I registered for the annual naturist club I want to sign up for and I can't wait to attend all major events for the year.

Expensive, but what club isn't? Not expecting people my age there since there will be many older hardened veterans. But that means having to hear interesting stories about how they began that life style. I enjoy talking with older people.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love that Ryu and Chun Li go back to the Street Fighter games and their plotlines and probably get questions like.

''So a talking racoon with a gun?"
''Zombies are real?"
''Teenagers in giant robots?!"
''Succubus?!"

Then Cammy or someone is just an idiot and is like ''You expect me to believe that some millionaire just flies around in a tech suit and saves the world? Superheroes. That's just silly guys."

And Ryu just goes ''Cammy, you ****ing idiot. You're a clone assassin meant to be a body for a grown ass man who holds something known as Psycho power."

And then they just go on to talk about the kid who got bit by a radioactive spider and can stick to walls.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
By god I'd never even thought about the fact that if Tekken and Street Fighter are connected Soul Calibur is in the same universe as well.

That means at some point Nightmare has probably went up against a shoto.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
By god I'd never even thought about the fact that if Tekken and Street Fighter are connected Soul Calibur is in the same universe as well.

That means at some point Nightmare has probably went up against a shoto.
Now imagine if Nightmare was in Smash itself. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nightmare went up against Link, for what it's worth.
And via costume, Heiachi went up against Link too. Actually, Link has yet to go up against Spawn as well among the SCII cast. In a twist, Spawn is the only one among the 3 that isn't from a game first. Strange, isn't it?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
God. I hate Goku.

Don't get me wrong?

I love Goku.

But I HATE Goku.

And why? He's that character whose popularity refuses to die or fade into this place of legacy, so they've kept the anime and manga going to the point where he is a character who is at such a ridiculous power level that there's no sense of agency in any of his battles no matter how hard they try.

And to try? They have to increase the ridiculousness of how powerful his foes get as well.

He's probably the most obvious case of a character's popularity harming him as well. Fanboys and girls ask for more of him to the point where you have to eventually wonder ''How are they even going to top the levels he got into in Super if this thing keeps going?"

And I don't think I particular want to find out either as interesting and iconic as he is, because the more his power level grows. The more obnoxious his die hard fans become as well.
This wouldn't be much of a problem if they weren't so afraid to focus on other characters aside from Goku and occasionally Vegeta, who's there to remind you how strong Goku is.

Dragon Ball's one of my favorite things of all time. But there's a lot they could do if they branch out and focus on more characters. Even the established cast they have now would be enough. That way you don't even have to shoehorn some new weirdos no one will care about.

Though I refuse to let obnoxious fans ruin the stuff I like for me, miss me with that.

Reminder that Street Fighter and Tekken technically take place in the same world.
And Geese lives in the world of Tekken. So by extension, so does Terry Bogard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On For Glory.....
*Gets Taunted At*
*Next Round*
*I go :4cloud2:*
*I try to back air, but I accidentally use forward air*
*Meaty spike* *Two stock*
I am really happy. THAT PERSON EXPERIENCED THE TAUNT TO GET BODIED COMBO!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how fighting games just sometimes don't give a **** when it comes to guest characters.

Spawn, Darth Vader, Yoda, Starkiller, Heihachi, Link, Geralt, Kratos, Ezio in Soul Calibur.

All the horror slasher icons in Mortal Kombat.

The science fiction icons in Mortal Kombat.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Hellboy in a DC fighting game.

Noctis, Geese, and Akuma in Tekken.

Honestly Soul Calibur is still winning at guest characters in terms of sheer ''What the hell."

But the others are starting to get all ''Hold my beer."

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Does this mean Star Wars also takes place in the same universe as Street Fighter?

Oh hey, Chrono. Chrono. has a neat avatar.

I like Megalo Box.

Chrono.

I love how fighting games just sometimes don't give a **** when it comes to guest characters.

Spawn, Darth Vader, Yoda, Starkiller, Heihachi, Link, Geralt, Kratos, Ezio, Spawn in Soul Calibur.

Honestly Soul Calibur is still winning at guest characters in terms of sheer ''What the hell."

I think Tekken wins here just on the virtue of making a guest character canon to the plot (though his actual role is pretty minor.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sooooo I registered for the annual naturist club I want to sign up for and I can't wait to attend all major events for the year.

Expensive, but what club isn't? Not expecting people my age there since there will be many older hardened veterans. But that means having to hear interesting stories about how they began that life style. I enjoy talking with older people.
Will I be coming too?

Well assuming you aren't coming alone.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Even WWE got into the ''Here have an insane guest character" thing with The Terminator in one of their games as a bonus pre-order character.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man that new buff feature in arena in heroes is fun:

Amelia is strong Nino.
The thing is that Amelia isn't doing her best

Because she's already the best.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Spawn, Darth Vader, Yoda, Starkiller, Heihachi, Link, Geralt, Kratos, Ezio, Spawn in Soul Calibur.

Noticed you put in Spawn twice.

If we're counting crossover games, Smash, Marvel vs Capcom and Jump Ultimate Stars are also strong contenders.

Though if I was in charge of a Marvel fighting game I'd just make it Spider-Man vs X-Men, because it's taking too long for Carnage and Green Goblin to be in a official fighting game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Tekken wins here just on the virtue of making a guest character canon to the plot (though his actual role is pretty minor.)
Eh. It'd have been more impactful if it wasn't for Tekken and Street Fighter having already crossed over.

Once you drop fricking Darth Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur you really can't come back.

The only thing crazier might be Noctis in Tekken 7. That one is pretty wild in my opinion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh. It'd have been more impactful if it wasn't for Tekken and Street Fighter having already crossed over.

Once you drop fricking Darth Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur you really can't come back.

The only thing crazier might be Noctis in Tekken 7. That one is pretty wild in my opinion.
Maybe. But the fact that Lars was all buddy-buddy with him kind of made sense.

Lars is still the worst Mishima though.

I see Mythra Mythra 's been down too long in the midnight sea.
Yeah...What's becoming of him?

He's the star of the masquerade, there's no need to be so afraid.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As if I will be coming alone.

I feel it would be a good experience for you. Learning the ways of a naturist and having fun.
Oh I don't mind going to these events.

Supporting you is my main goal and I don't mind stepping outside my comfort zone.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of Lars, he was in one of those Naruto games. Never played them though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Already wished him a happy birthday on SG's Discord but happy birthday again! @BluePikmin11

Lets hope for the Hanfuda Card Thingy in Smash 5! :b:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom