• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

LOL, Yoshi's Flippin' Island.

Nice way of Saying Yoshi's ****ing Island
Fake.

The Star Fox one is weird. Why name the game after the freaking system every game has been in? And it can’t be the other rumor, because that one was called Grand Prix.

Smash Switch having the same title naming as other Smash 4 games despite all evidence pointing at a new game.

The mere existence of a F-Zero game.

The word “Flippin’”

That Punch-Out game has a dumb name.

That Fire Emblem game, I’m a bit iffy about. Why Memories? Are we gonna have an overbearing amount of flashbacks?

Prime 4 lacks the 4 in the title. Not exactly evidence that it’s fake though; I’m not being nitpicky.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Let 'em cry.

If you aren't adding a girl lead just for the sake of having a girl lead (moreso a problem because people just ticking representation boxes instead of actually caring about the characterization of a character tend to be baaaaaaad writers), you're fine.
Well I kinda decided the genders/ethnicity of the 4 main characters and went from there. lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy is now available for prepurchase on the eShop, fyi.

I'm still deciding if I'm going to get it physical or digital.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're saying that Wii Fit Trainer wasn't a surprise to you? But what you expected is beside the point, actually. Even if you had a good grip on most characters that would get in, my perspective was from someone who saw most people. . .really, really not.

K. Rool was a shoo in, Rosalina was overshadowed by AT LEAST four other Mario characters, of which only Bowser Jr. got in, and gosh knows how many Gen 5 Pokemon got batted around before people eventually gave up on their being a Pokemon newcomer at all. Then Greninja got announced. I can't possibly know what characters I'd most likely agree are boring you have in mind for the remaining announcements, but typically what the rest of the fandom has in mind is...detached from reality, more or less. And if you think otherwise then I'm gonna chalk it up to Dunning-Kruger effect because most people aren't as bright as you're giving them credit for, LOL.
I won't say that I thought WFT was super likely or anything, she was still a surprise, but I did see WFT as a possible character, yes. Simply because Wii Fit was one of Nintendo's biggest phenomena, and casual gamers and even non-gamers play Smash too. There was no reason not to consider her. Even when watching her trailer, some people I recall thought it was for Wii Fit U, but I was saying "it's Smash" while watching it even before it zooms out to show Mario, Link, and Kirby.

Rosalina is similar even putting aside the fact she was my most wanted Nintendo character, and I actually did entirely call her reveal about the month before it happened because they directly teased it. Barely anybody picked up on it for some reason though. That being said, she wasn't overshadowed, her fanbase just wasn't as obnoxiously loud about it. She still had a large support thread even on Smashboards, where her popularity was (and still is) understated. And I would argue characters like Daisy and Waluigi just had very vocal minorities backing them, especially Daisy (who at this point, it could almost be argued had a single individual who just pushed SUPER hard for her. Obviously that's not literally true...but I'm sure you know what I mean).

My perspective is probably quite different from yours because I'm not exclusively a Nintendo gamer, so I often see the perspectives of other communities. That's even more true now, yet somehow this Smash is just shaping up to be so much more boring in terms of the remaining candidates. I'm sure there will be one or two big surprises at least, but even then, probably not ones I personally care for.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My naive hope for Ultra Shiny Pokemon, the rumored new gimmick, is that you can customize the coloring of a pokemon that's "ultra shiny"

Imagine saying "I can make a shiny better than that, why doesn't "X" have a better shiny?" then being able to do that

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My naive hope for Ultra Shiny Pokemon, the rumored new gimmick, is that you can customize the coloring of a pokemon that's "ultra shiny"

Imagine saying "I can make a shiny better than that, why doesn't "X" have a better shiny?" then being able to do that
You think that after Game Freak being lazy as **** on character customization, something fans have been begging for years, would even consider this?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_presenting_coffee.png

Ugh.

How the hell do you all cope with this sunshine and reasonable business hours ****casket tom****ery.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You think that after Game Freak being lazy as **** on character customization, something fans have been begging for years, would even consider this?
No, I don't. That's why I said naive hope.

I really don't have any idea what it could really be, especially since shiny pokemon aren't called shiny in Japan.

That's just something I'd want

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here are 3 of the main characters in my Thunderhead comic series:

Thunderhead- Her main ability is cloud creation, but she eventually gets water, wind and electricity based powers.

Hourglass- She has control over sand, can create glass and can use glass to make time slow down or speed up in a close proximity.

Packrat- The only male. He has no powers of any kind. He’s just a man in great shape. He was given a backpack that is able to hold nearly anything(anything that could feasibly fit into a backpack). It is also bullet proof. It becomes a regular backpack if the owner is killed and acts as a regular backpack in anyone elses hands.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

LOL, Yoshi's Flippin' Island.

Nice way of Saying Yoshi's ****ing Island
Aren't most of those just trademarks Nintendo filed the other say?

Me and some friends played Smash and for those who don't know, there's a rule that if someone plays as Roy, I will do nothing but focus on making them lose the game. Turns out I made someone so salty he SDed the rest of his stocks making him lose in less than 20 seconds and storming out the room. After that everyone felt bad for him and picked Roy to team up on me. 5v1. I ended up winning the match. My hatred is so petty that I will ****ing destroy you for picking Roy and I do believe I asserted my dominance
Does this mean Roy is you boy toy. :troll:

I’ve seen plenty of people ******** about having female super hero leads.

By people I mean men exclusively.
Those assholes always existed, they can just be heard now, because of the internet, its better that we just shut them out of all the fun places, let them go cry in their ditches.

Let 'em cry.

If you aren't adding a girl lead just for the sake of having a girl lead (moreso a problem because people just ticking representation boxes instead of actually caring about the characterization of a character tend to be baaaaaaad writers), you're fine.
No, the correct move, is to always make the main character and cast full of girls. Then make them all gay for each other.

View attachment 144440

Ugh.

How the hell do you all cope with this sunshine and reasonable business hours ****casket tom****ery.
Simple, we just deal with it. My eyes still burn from getting up early for my job interview today.

Also why are you complaining, you have no eyes, and sunglasses.

Here are 3 of the main characters in my Thunderhead comic series:

Thunderhead- Her main ability is cloud creation, but she eventually gets water, wind and electricity based powers.

Hourglass- She has control over sand, can create glass and can use glass to make time slow down or speed up in a close proximity.

Packrat- The only male. He has no powers of any kind. He’s just a man in great shape. He was given a backpack that is able to hold nearly anything(anything that could feasibly fit into a backpack). It is also bullet proof. It becomes a regular backpack if the owner is killed and acts as a regular backpack in anyone elses hands.
You know what would make this better:

make them all female and pair them up jk

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Aren't most of those just trademarks Nintendo filed the other say?

Does this mean Roy is you boy toy. :troll:

Those ******** always existed, they can just be heard now, because of the internet, its better that we just shut them out of all the fun places, let them go cry in their ditches.

No, the correct move, is to always make the main character and cast full of girls. Then make them all gay for each other.

Simple, we just deal with it. My eyes still burn from getting up early for my job interview today.

You know what would make this better:

make them all female and pair them up jk
Well the main character is a lesbian too. lol

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Full disclosure, I am on less than eight hours sleep over two days. We are beyond full tilt here. I'm making bets with myself on whether hallucinations show up before I can make it to bed, and when I get there I can't guarantee I'll wake up before nightfall tomorrow.

I just wanted to address a few things before I sauntered off.

First thing. Real talk, I am all for an Eevee-helmed main series game. I love Eevees. Favorite 'mon by far.

Seriously. I read this:

I've been following Project Eevee since the NJPW April Fools collab and I haven't regretted it one bit.
- which led into googling and finding this:

upload_2018-5-15_17-40-59.png

- and I **** you not I had and am still having to physically restrain myself from hugging a 40-inch flatscreen because dear god its face and its little paws and holy ****ing goose **** it is adorable as ****ing **** let me ****ing hug the goddamn collar fluff.

So yeah. I don't know how much stock I put in the leak, but I for my part will not be disappointed if it comes true.

I’m gonna work on my Thunderhead comic some more. I imagine some people won’t like it cause the main character is a girl as are 2 of the other main characters.. and the only male hero has no real super powers. lol
Yes we call those people ****eating ****nuggets. We ignore ****eating ****nuggets. We let them eat **** and **** off.

Although in all fairness having no physical super powers ain't much of a strike against the dude, with that backpack. I mean Batman and Iron Man have no physical powers, among others, and nobody holds it against them.

Because I also have no chill, and a three-alarm headache.

Crossing fingers for ya on the interview though, that's good ****.

And that should about wrap up my business.

Now if y'all will excuse me I've some very important passing the **** out to do.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Full disclosure, I am on less than eight hours sleep over two days. We are beyond full tilt here. I'm making bets with myself on whether hallucinations show up before I can make it to bed, and when I get there I can't guarantee I'll wake up before nightfall tomorrow.

I just wanted to address a few things before I sauntered off.

First thing. Real talk, I am all for an Eevee-helmed main series game. I love Eevees. Favorite 'mon by far.

Seriously. I read this:

- which led into googling and finding this:

View attachment 144444

- and I **** you not I had and am still having to physically restrain myself from hugging a 40-inch flatscreen because dear god its face and its little paws and holy ****ing goose **** it is adorable as ****ing **** let me ****ing hug the goddamn collar fluff.

So yeah. I don't know how much stock I put in the leak, but I for my part will not be disappointed if it comes true.

Yes we call those people ****eating ****nuggets. We ignore ****eating ****nuggets. We let them eat **** and **** off.

Although in all fairness having no physical super powers ain't much of a strike against the dude, with that backpack. I mean Batman and Iron Man have no physical powers, among others, and nobody holds it against them.

Now if y'all will excuse me I've some very important passing the **** out to do.
I did want to give him a vibe of batman but with the income of a regular person.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Happening.

*eyes_emoji goes here*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I figured the correct move was to make a character with no true gender identify as female and be into anything that moves and nearly anything that doesn't and basically have constant orgasms just from any part of their body coming into contact with literally anything.

If anyone has anything to say, it won't be over the representation. Yay! :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Me and some friends played Smash and for those who don't know, there's a rule that if someone plays as Roy, I will do nothing but focus on making them lose the game. Turns out I made someone so salty he SDed the rest of his stocks making him lose in less than 20 seconds and storming out the room. After that everyone felt bad for him and picked Roy to team up on me. 5v1. I ended up winning the match. My hatred is so petty that I will ****ing destroy you for picking Roy and I do believe I asserted my dominance
Did you do it with Ganon though? Otherwise you haven't really asserted your dominance.
But that's just Storm tho
I ****ing love this one
No, it's not because I helped a bit with her. No, really, the concept is just really cool.
The only male
WAAAAAAAH THE EVIL SJWS ARE IMPLANTING THE EVIL FEMINAZI SUPREMACY WAAAAAAH

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did you do it with Ganon though? Otherwise you haven't really asserted your dominance.

But that's just Storm tho

I ****ing love this one
No, it's not because I helped a bit with her. No, really, the concept is just really cool.

WAAAAAAAH THE EVIL SJWS ARE IMPLANTING THE EVIL FEMINAZI SUPREMACY WAAAAAAH
I knew someone helped with Hourglass but I couldn’t remember who, so thank you Shish. Also Thunderhead is different than Storm. Doesn’t Storm just control the weather? Thunderhead can create this stuff. Like she can shoot lightning from her hands and **** like that.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Welcome to the NintenZone family.

We have cookies, if you w- GODDAMMIT, WHO ATE ALL THE ****ING COOKIES?!
....-whistles- there uh was a reason i wasn't the other day :lol:

anyway now that i effectivly escaped eating all the cookies for a day and a half ago, how ya peeps been?
View attachment 144440

Ugh.

magic

literally

i used to be nocturnal

still kinda am

D

Deleted member

I knew someone helped with Hourglass but I couldn’t remember who, so thank you Shish. Also Thunderhead is different than Storm. Doesn’t Storm just control the weather? Thunderhead can create this stuff. Like she can shoot lightning from her hands and **** like that.
I know I helped but I don't know exactly with what lol. Think it was the name?

I'm half-joking but it does resemble to Storm, considering her powers ARE based off storms.

Starlight_Lily

Well the main character is a lesbian too. lol
That's a good start, just one thing, follow this chart:

The second pic was tweeted by Masuda
Huh, that picture is an even bigger troll from him the originally thought.

Already had my job interview, live in the UK remember, so its night here. And I was given a trial period, so there's that.

I figured the correct move was to make a character with no true gender identify as female and be into anything that moves and nearly anything that doesn't and basically have constant orgasms just from any part of their body coming into contact with literally anything.

If anyone has anything to say, it won't be over the representation. Yay! :awesome:
No, I don't do lesbians out of representation. I do lesbians to feed into my never ending Yuri ships. Its what fuels me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know I helped but I don't know exactly with what lol. Think it was the name?

I'm half-joking but it does resemble to Storm, considering her powers ARE based off storms.
I think it was just the name cause I couldn’t think of anything. But hey I’ll take all the help I can!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow that's really something.

That's your prerogative and all but then you and another certain user go around insulting people who were unhappy about Corrin calling them all kinds of names your mind can wrap around.

Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Better, Faster, Cornier :V

Should I put Quick Riposte on her?

Thanks to Ivander Ivander for the Feather farming tips.

Lilina is next, considering pulling Celica would be a miracle.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow that's really something.

That's your prerogative and all but then you and another certain user go around insulting people who were unhappy about Corrin calling them all kinds of names your mind can wrap around.

Pot meet Mr. Kettle.
Yeah, I agree from the exact opposite perspective. I can't say I've ever really been happy about your shtick myself, but Gwen not only doing the same thing IRL to the point of hurting someone's feelings and then outright gloating about it but also being a hypocrite is kinda. . .UUUUUUHHHHHHH

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

tumblr_m4d16entGD1r5jtugo1_500.jpg

Questions.

Would that be a Floran with horrendously faulty nerve endings or a Glitch with a major hardware malfunction?

And in either case how would they walk? Feet touching the ground and all that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Better, Faster, Cornier :V

Should I put Quick Riposte on her?

Thanks to Ivander Ivander for the Feather farming tips.

Lilina is next, considering pulling Celica would be a miracle.
While she can use Quick Riposte nicely, if you limited on Quick Riposte fodder like Subaki or Klein, it would better to use the Quick Riposte Seal for Corrin rather than a B-skill. Corrin can do very nicely with either Vantage or Swordbreaker as her B-skill. Another decent B-skill for her is Guard if you are willing to upgrade a Titania or Leon for Guard 3.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

....-whistles- there uh was a reason i wasn't the other day :lol:

anyway now that i effectivly escaped eating all the cookies for a day and a half ago, how ya peeps been?
Wait, it wasn't Uni who didn't eat the cookies? He was framed? I blamed the wrong person for Opo and Swamp saying they won't buy anymore cookies until page 200....

Actually I don't care, let's throw Uni in Cookie jail for eating all the cookies in the cookie jar. :troll:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, I agree from the exact opposite perspective. I can't say I've ever really been happy about your shtick myself, but Gwen not only doing the same thing IRL to the point of hurting someone's feelings and then outright gloating about it but also being a hypocrite is kinda. . .UUUUUUHHHHHHH
I mean at least these people who didn't like Corrin only went out their way (myself included) to not buy the DLC to show their dislike. Granted I did have some potty things to say but even I can recognize what I said back then was pure pettiness and as much as I hate the term, salt. Don't like the character obv but i'm not that much of an ass to do something like that or constantly berate fans of the character.

Gwen and a certain other user both have a major double standards (said user will no doubt pop up here and deny this of course), sorry to be blunt about that. Might as well say it anyway.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 144446

Questions.

Would that be a Floran with horrendously faulty nerve endings or a Glitch with a major hardware malfunction?

And in either case how would they walk? Feet touching the ground and all that.
Well if we're repurposing this for a Starbound fanfic, it's more in character for a really off-kilter Floran, ain't it?

I'd imagine they'd just learn how to struggle through it in that case.

D

Deleted member

Connection is good again!

Also someday I want to try to play Pokemon Heart Gold, I need to ask where the person who played the 3DS where it is. They said it was on some sort of table or something. I had Heart Gold for months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Another decent B-skill for her is Guard if you are willing to upgrade a Titania or Leon for Guard 3.
I don't think you even need Guard 3, really; it's a bit like Quick Riposte in that most of the time, Guard 2 will be enough for what you need it for. Only reason you'd go for Guard 3 is if arena score is a primary concern, and in that case you would probably not use Guard anyway because of its low SP cost. Or if you're a completionist or something and really want that gold border.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Wait, it wasn't Uni who didn't eat the cookies? He was framed? I blamed the wrong person for Opo and Swamp saying they won't buy anymore cookies until page 200....

Actually I don't care, let's throw Uni in Cookie jail for eating all the cookies in the cookie jar. :troll:
sorry :V

but sure sounds good to me~ hurray for framing :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom