• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
When did Decidueye become hate so much?
Where is Decidueye hated? I do sometimes see it get called overrated admittedly, but I don't think it's really all that hated.

Hate for any of the Gen 7 starters? The first generation since, what, the 3rd one where all the starters received overall positive reception? What's next? A Marth alt?
I'd say the Gen 4 ones were all pretty popular, or at least none of their members had a huge hatebase against them.

With Gen 7, I'd say Incineroar still has a rather vitriolic hatebase, though it's definitely no Emboar thankfully.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I also managed to clear the map using Felicia in place of Leon; I might upload that later too, for those who are interested.
Oh, right, I did this a little earlier:
Technically this is viable for F2P players. :p All the skills used on Felicia can be gotten from free units, and Felicia and two Olivias can be gotten for free too. Just need to have pulled a third dancer at some point, and that isn't too hard with Olivia being in the 3-4 star pool.

I'd say this was even more fun than using Leon for it. :p Pretty easy map overall, I thought.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think a Star Fox racing game is a really cool thing and is a natural fit for the series. If they just use the franchise's potential to make it a unique experience, then it could be fantastic.

D

Deleted member

No one really has a problem with Decidueye.

Also finished my nerdy WW3 fiction maps.
View attachment 144347
The Iviry Powers and Supreme Powers invaded a lot of areas for land. The Supreme Powers were a bit more advanced than the Iviry Powers and invaded more land. Iviry Powers still invaded more.
View attachment 144342 This was the worst point for the Allies. The Supreme Powers annexed a ton of land, and it was looking bleak for the Allies. The European Allies had a huge problem in their hands: Two front war. North Korea left the Iviry Powers.
View attachment 144344
The Allies put in some work and liberated a lot of South America. A big portion of Northern Africa was liberated as well, and some Southern Eastern Asian areas were liberated. Spain was liberated, and the Two Front War problem was solved.
View attachment 144345
The Super Powers and Iviry Powers are out of South America. The Iviry Powers quit the war and become Neutral. A lot of countries in Europe once owned by the Supreme Powers were liberated by the Allies. The Supreme Powers in Africa were weakening. However they were still strong in the Middle Asian areas.
View attachment 144346
The Supreme Powers surrender, and the Allies liberate all of the lost land.
This is not a full description. Just a draft and territory descriptions.
Feel free to judge me.
Edit: For Phase 1, I forgot to mark the Allies.
You all want to respond to this or nah?

Also... WHAT????

Chrono.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think a Star Fox racing game is a really cool thing and is a natural fit for the series. If they just use the franchise's potential to make it a unique experience, then it could be fantastic.
Same here, plus Retro are a talented bunch.

I'm sure they can make a fantastic game in this setting.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also... WHAT????
This Ike isn't +Spd, so no matter the nature, the +1 merge gives him one point in HP and Atk. Then 3 more points from the Attack 3 seal.

60 Atk - 16 (Ragnell) - 1 (+1 merge) - 3 (Attack 3) = 40 Atk

Judging by my math and the presence of a Wind Blessing, Green Bow Lyn was part of his team, giving him 3 HP and 2 Atk.

40 Atk - 2 (Wind Blessing) = 38 Atk

That's the same value as an +Atk Ike.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok first, it's not a starter. Second, **** you.
Oh starters, gen 4 had a good line up. And you like Crabomobile?

I thought you were talking about the fish.
Oooooh, that pic.... I'm surprised you didn't catch that during my first response.

I was talking about the Golbez pic. Why do we misread eachother's posts so often?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Decidueye hate is a lot like the Gen 4 Lucario hate- the minority has its own little clubhouse that hates Decidueye because its so popular.

Its actually quite the honor.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My Grima just clutched it out and defeated three people. He even defeated a full health red mage ( Tharja Normal Girl ) by himself.
I think Red Mages are not as bad of a counter as I thought.
Um... how?

You have Grima and I'm sure there's a mage laying around in your main team.
HE IS SO TANKY.
IT TAKES A MIRACLE TO KILL HIM.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My Grima just clutched it out and defeated three people. He even defeated a full health red mage ( Tharja Normal Girl ) by himself.
I think Red Mages are not as bad of a counter as I thought.
Oh no, they totally are.

It's just that Grima has Vengeful Fighter and Expiration, essentially making him the ultimate bait for ranged foes.

HE IS SO TANKY.
IT TAKES A MIRACLE TO KILL HIM.
That's because of Wary Fighter, a skill that prevents both him and his foe from making a follow-up (unless the foe has a skill that can shut it down)

So your worst enemy is not Winter Chrom, but pretty much any armored unit with Wary Fighter, so you'll probably hate my Jakob too :p
Not the optimal "Brave Bow" build that solidifies him as the game's best archer unit, but still something that gets the job done and, if done right, allows him to deal a considerable amount of damage to whoever he strikes with Bonfire, which happens really often.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh no, they totally are.

It's just that Grima has Vengeful Fighter and Expiration, essentially making him the ultimate bait for ranged foes.

That's because of Wary Fighter, a skill that prevents both him and his foe from making a follow-up (unless the foe has a skill that can shut it down)

So your worst enemy is not Winter Chrom, but pretty much any armored unit with Wary Fighter, so you'll pretty much hate my Jakob too :p

Not the optimal "Brave Bow" build that solidifies him as the game's best archer unit, but still something that gets the job done and, if done right, allowing him to deal a considerable amount of damage to whoever he strikes with Bonfire, which happens really often.
Jakob is not my worst enemy. I can beat Jakob pretty easily.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
On my end, I don't hate Decidueye at all.

I just hate the concept of shoo-in characters as a whole, which by proxy makes me not enjoy speculating about Decidueye. But I don't have a problem with the Pokemon itself, just the principle of the thing. Which for me is my issue with a pretty long list of characters one way or another anyway, LOL.

Chrono.

I guess the rest of the characters are getting solo trailers now. First off is fisher girl.

But yeah the full roster seems to have rounded up with Shovel Knight.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Jakob: Halloween.
That's because you're probably dealing with default build of Jakob, which is honestly not the best.

Ignis is great, but not when paired with Wary Fighter since it can take forever to charge it. And Monstrous Bow is situational at best.

That's what makes Skill Inheritance so wonderful; it allows you to fix up some things wrong with a unit or give them a better purpose.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I guess the rest of the characters are getting solo trailers now. First off is fisher girl.

>That stabbing attack on Shovel Knight :250:

D

Deleted member

ARENA CLOSED! DANG IT!

She reminds me of Dora the Explorer that trained in some secret Dojo where she mastered fighting skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

"Simple math and weapon triangle advantage dictates I win!"
"Yeah, I don't believe any of that ****."
2117cddc-eed9-42a5-b4d7-f06b3409698b.png

D

Deleted member

I love hot takes, and I have the spiciest Gen 7 hot take.

Alolan Raichu is ugly and a bad design.

This is good boy Raichu.

Hey..... Do not bully my boy Alolan Raichu.
I will be giving him some nice pancakes and hugs.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If this argument had any weight, Xenoblade literally wouldn't be a thing right now. Nor would Fire Emblem.
This is why I somewhat like Iwata more than Miyamoto. .
I mean remember how Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't even going to be a Xeno game in the first place? It was because Iwata that they decided to change the game's title to pay homage to Takahashi's previous works.
And yep, Miyamoto pretty is completely irrelevant when it comes to Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So for you Kingdom Hearts fans out there, prepare your butts for Friday.

If you keep up with any KH community members/influencers, you'll know about how Square Enix have been inviting some to an event where they will be the first to play Kingdom Hearts III.

Well, that event is happening this Friday. So expect news then, or very soon after.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So for you Kingdom Hearts fans out there, prepare your butts for Friday.

If you keep up with any KH community members/influencers, you'll know about how Square Enix have been inviting some to an event where they will be the first to play Kingdom Hearts III.

Well, that event is happening this Friday. So expect news then, or very soon after.

I wonder if the Jungle Book/Frozen world rumors will come true. Or if we'll finally see the Big Hero 6 world.

D

Deleted member

Hey..... Do not bully my boy Alolan Raichu.
I will be giving him some nice pancakes and hugs.
You guys are sick! Always trying to eat this Pokemon, that is proof Alolan Raichu fans aren't fans of the design they are just hungry for pancakes!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom