• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wasn't insulting his intelligence. "We need a gimmicky controller first" is the reason why we haven't seen a new F-Zero. Miyamoto wants F-Zero to be saved for some kind of gimmicky controller showcase game, but also will not let anyone develop an F-Zero game of their own in the mean time.

https://nintendoeverything.com/miya...inds-a-new-and-suitable-controller-interface/
I've heard about that, but at the same time IIRC Nintendo actually did seek out an external company to make an F-Zero that turned them down at one point.

Also is what franchise gets a game really Miyamoto's call? If it were up to him Xenoblade probably wouldn't even exist right now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If this game were actually real, would that mean F-Zero is a lock to not happen?

Like are we going to go another 3-5 years without F-Zero?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If this game were actually real, would that mean F-Zero is a lock to not happen?

Like are we going to go another 3-5 years without F-Zero?
You know as much as Miyamoto is wrong about a lot of things

He did have a point years and years ago about F-Zero selling so bad that it's baffling anyone even wants it.

Not that this hypothetical game doesn't make even less sense than an F-Zero would.

Chrono.

The thing that bothers me in this rumor is that it's what Retro has been working on during those 4 last years.
Not necessarily the case. With how development hell is a thing and all.

One recent example I can think of is what happened with Sonic Forces. It only took a year to make because the years before that Sonic Team were making the engine + throwing ideas around to see what would stick.

Another one is FFXV. Started out as a completely different game, was announced in 2006. Came out very late in 2016 with development restarting multiple times over the years and only having around 3 years of actual development. FF7R is going down the same road with CC2 supposedly getting scrapped and the project being restarted (and a report just came out saying it'll be out by 2023 so, w e w.)

Retro's case could very well be another one like this. They started working on a game, but something wasn't clicking. Bada bing bada boom, suddenly Star Fox GX.

Of course this is just assuming this rumor isn't a load of bullhonky (which I think it is.)

D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/karashriker/status/995685112015540225

I'd get a copy, even if it was a straight-up clone of Smash. On the other hand, it amuses me how original Arthoria(or any of the original cast) isn't in this, even if this is supposed to be more toward Grand Order than the series in general according to the twitter. I mean, you have:
-Mash and Da Vinci, basically, the first 2 Servants that are summoned at the beginning.
-You have a character from each of the Singularities.
-And the rest of the characters are in reference to each of the Events, like:

-Orion with the Moon Goddess event
-Both Elizabeth Bathorys with the Halloween events.
-Nobunaga with her event.
-Santa Alter and Jeanne Alter Lily with the Christmas event
-Saber Lily and MHX with the Saber Wars event
-Both Ryougi Shikis with the Kara no Kyoukai event
-Dantes with the Prison Tower Event
-Jeanne Alter with the Fake Heroic Spirits event
-Iskander with the Fate/Zero event
-Shuten and Ibaraki with the Rashoumon event
-Raikou and Kintoki with the Onigishima event
-Sanzang with the Journey to the West event
-Scathach with the Summer event
-Ilya and Kuro with the Prisma Ilya event.

It's clearly toward Grand Order in general.
Bedivere and Edgymond Dantes would be instant mains
Unlimited Codes sequel when???

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

He did have a point years and years ago about F-Zero selling so bad that it's baffling anyone even wants it.

Not that this hypothetical game doesn't make even less sense than an F-Zero would.
Are you referring to GX's performance? Because while it wasn't a hot seller it didn't do horribly per se. Not the kind of failure Star Fox Zero was. Pretty unfair to can F-Zero for this long based on that and some other lesser GBA games.

Personally I think either reason for F-Zero's absence is pretty dumb.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've heard about that, but at the same time IIRC Nintendo actually did seek out an external company to make an F-Zero that turned them down at one point.

Also is what franchise gets a game really Miyamoto's call? If it were up to him Xenoblade probably wouldn't even exist right now.
Miyamoto is in charge of certain franchises and has a lot of say in them, yeah, usually due to him being a creator of the franchises first few games. Even when he isn't officially part of the project, he will often get his say in. There is a long list of things he has tried to influence in games Nintendo puts out, some that went through, some that didn't - some bad, some good.

Games like Xenoblade are safe because they aren't developed by an internal Nintendo studio. Also it's clear Xenoblade is intended for a more niche demographic, while Mario and Zelda are intended to be more widespread. So Miyamoto's practices don't really apply to those games.

Basically, if Miyamoto is involved with a game, it's because Nintendo wants to push it as the next big thing, especially since he's one of the few "celebrity-tier" game devs in the world. And he often tries to dumb things down or add controller gimmicks because he thinks they have more appeal to a widespread audience.

If this argument had any weight, Xenoblade literally wouldn't be a thing right now. Nor would Fire Emblem.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I just finished Battle
I want to teach Gizoids how to fight in more sonic games

The handheld games had such a nice story arc going on with Emerl and Blaze

why does this franchise have to throwaway good ideas and suffer

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
One thing I really like about the buyable color palette in Cross Tag is that not only did they give Weiss a Snow White color, but they also gave Ruby an Es color, in return for Es having a Ruby color in Central Fiction.

It just pretty cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just finished Battle
I want to teach Gizoids how to fight in more sonic games

The handheld games had such a nice story arc going on with Emerl and Blaze

why does this franchise have to throwaway good ideas and suffer
Because half of the time, fans and review outlets alike tell SEGA and Sonic Team that those ideas were bad, only to realise they were actually good after it's already too late.

Chrono.

In all fairness, Emerl's story started and ended in Battle.

The only time Gizoids were used after that was in Advance 3 (which was an odd and pointless way to tie those two games together) and Chronicles (which was all Bioware.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
One thing I really like about the buyable color palette in Cross Tag is that not only did they give Weiss a Snow White color, but they also gave Ruby an Es color, in return for Es having a Ruby color in Central Fiction.

It just pretty cool.
but p5 colors for team invesigation is the real winner here. I love Yus Ren color

Chrono.

It just pretty cool.
Arcsys is really creative with color palettes in every game not named Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The only reason Gordeau got Jaune colours instead of Qrow is because in combination with being Gordeau and having Gambit, Junpei and Yuzu colours he'd be too strong.

also he lost his Black Dante alt
told you he got nerfed here

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In all fairness, Emerl's story started and ended in Battle.

The only time Gizoids were used after that was in Advance 3 (which was an odd and pointless way to tie those two games together) and Chronicles (which was all Bioware.)
For me, it's less about bringing Emerl back, and more that I want a spiritual successor to Sonic Battle in general. It was already pretty great, but something on an actual console and not on the GBA could flesh it out more. And maybe take inspiration from arena fighters like Dissida, J-Stars, and Gundam VS.

They can maybe just give you a generic Gizoid maker to keep the Emerl component. Maybe include Emerl himself as a secret character with his own moveset.

Or now that Sonic Forces opened the floodgates, have actual custom characters.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The NintenZone Social Thread.

What? You were expecting something normal? Peoples not talking about weird stuff?

Ah, if only, if only...:emptysheep:
I was somewhat expecting something less random than sexual intercourse with a fish

I suppose that's what I get when I let my heart win

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Arlo pretty much described my thoughts entirely.

Godspeed, muppet man.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ugh it's a pain when you're trying to handle life while also trying to get some gaming in after being busy for so long and have a bit of a free day for yourself.

...worse when I'm trying to create 90+ CAW for my WWE 2k19. Holy hell I'm not even done with it as I have another 32 to go...and since October

D

Deleted member

RWBY would really benefit from having a full on fighting game for itself. Just team RWBY is sad...
There are so many characters and so much potential for each of them that I really hope ArcSys eventuaply does one.

It just pretty cool.
I thought it was a Saber color palette
So you'd like the pic I sent you if he had a fish half?
Thanks for recovering my repressed memories, I hate it

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
https://twitter.com/karashriker/status/995685112015540225

I'd get a copy, even if it was a straight-up clone of Smash. On the other hand, it amuses me how original Arthoria(or any of the original cast) isn't in this, even if this is supposed to be more toward Grand Order than the series in general according to the twitter. I mean, you have:
-Mash and Da Vinci, basically, the first 2 Servants that are summoned at the beginning.
-You have a character from each of the Singularities.
-And the rest of the characters are in reference to each of the Events, like:

-Orion with the Moon Goddess event
-Both Elizabeth Bathorys with the Halloween events.
-Nobunaga with her event.
-Santa Alter and Jeanne Alter Lily with the Christmas event
-Saber Lily and MHX with the Saber Wars event
-Both Ryougi Shikis with the Kara no Kyoukai event
-Dantes with the Prison Tower Event
-Jeanne Alter with the Fake Heroic Spirits event
-Iskander with the Fate/Zero event
-Shuten and Ibaraki with the Rashoumon event
-Raikou and Kintoki with the Onigishima event
-Sanzang with the Journey to the West event
-Scathach with the Summer event
-Ilya and Kuro with the Prisma Ilya event.

It's clearly toward Grand Order in general.
I'm alright with this roster, but there is only one problem I have with it.

It lacks best girl Tamamo.

D

Deleted member

This thread seems to get rather sluggish, so what about a new discussion topic?

And how about it to be focused on your most nostalgic songs?
The kind of songs that you heard when you were so young to the point they're part of your genetic heritage?

Here's mine, which I spent a lot of time researching its title while its lyrics have been haunting my mind:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Today is a good day for good reasons.

Except for the part where I missed the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle demo.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Today is a good day for good reasons.

Except for the part where I missed the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle demo.

Oh well.
Well, technically you can still download the demo, it's just that you can't go online and are restricted to 4 characters.

Chrono.

Not necessarily the case. With how development hell is a thing and all.

One recent example I can think of is what happened with Sonic Forces. It only took a year to make because the years before that Sonic Team were making the engine + throwing ideas around to see what would stick.

Another one is FFXV. Started out as a completely different game, was announced in 2006. Came out very late in 2016 with development restarting multiple times over the years and only having around 3 years of actual development. FF7R is going down the same road with CC2 supposedly getting scrapped and the project being restarted (and a report just came out saying it'll be out by 2023 so, w e w.)

Retro's case could very well be another one like this. They started working on a game, but something wasn't clicking. Bada bing bada boom, suddenly Star Fox GX.

Of course this is just assuming this rumor isn't a load of bullhonky (which I think it is.)
I say this then this comes out.

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...-prix-in-the-pipeline-but-might-be-cancelled/

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, technically you can still download the demo, it's just that you can't go online and are restricted to 4 characters.
Right.

Made a promise with a friend (well two of them), but was too busy [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]to play.

Instead met a new friend who's not only a chill dude, but helped me want to pursue a new lifestyle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When did Decidueye become hate so much?
No one really has a problem with Decidueye.

Also finished my nerdy WW3 fiction maps.
3242323432.png

The Iviry Powers and Supreme Powers invaded a lot of areas for land. The Supreme Powers were a bit more advanced than the Iviry Powers and invaded more land. Iviry Powers still invaded more.
Phase 2.png
This was the worst point for the Allies. The Supreme Powers annexed a ton of land, and it was looking bleak for the Allies. The European Allies had a huge problem in their hands: Two front war. North Korea left the Iviry Powers.
Phase 3.png

The Allies put in some work and liberated a lot of South America. A big portion of Northern Africa was liberated as well, and some Southern Eastern Asian areas were liberated. Spain was liberated, and the Two Front War problem was solved.
Phase 4.png

The Super Powers and Iviry Powers are out of South America. The Iviry Powers quit the war and become Neutral. A lot of countries in Europe once owned by the Supreme Powers were liberated by the Allies. The Supreme Powers in Africa were weakening. However they were still strong in the Middle Asian areas.
Phase 5.png

The Supreme Powers surrender, and the Allies liberate all of the lost land.
This is not a full description. Just a draft and territory descriptions.
Feel free to judge me.
Edit: For Phase 1, I forgot to mark the Allies.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hate for any of the Gen 7 starters? The first generation since, what, the 3rd one where all the starters received overall positive reception? What's next? A Marth alt?

D

Deleted member

Hate for any of the Gen 7 starters? The first generation since, what, the 3rd one where all the starters received overall positive reception? What's next? A Marth alt?
Crabominable sucks. That's all I think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom