• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So... it seems like a Star Fox racing game developed by Retro Studios might be a thing.

I mean, take it with a grain of salt and everything, but... holy **** lol.
Oh geez, it's funny...if this does become real, it is still going to really make me wonder, why didn't they just simply make another F-Zero game when it has ALWAYS been about racing instead of turning something that is about stuff floating in space and shooting into THAT? xD I can let pass that with Kirby Air Ride because it is a pretty simple and good game that I got to own (even when I wanted Melee and it was a bummer I got KAR at first) but F-Zero GX existed so it was all good.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Imagine if Star Fox become a racing franchise and F-Zero became a space shooter.

That would be funny as ****.
I think they are going to just say: You miss F-ZERO? Here, TAKE THIS:

And to fill you with more nostalgia and regret, MUTE CITY is going to be a race track in this game.

(I would find funny, however, if Falco could wear Capt. Falcon's outfit...)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone posted Artsy Omni supposedly debunking it in his Leakbusters series.
I did. He actually wasn’t fully positive on it. The only mistake he spotted was shadow errors for Mario and that the buildings are from Mario and sonic. The later could be explained by using easy assets to do dlc faster though. On top of that he couldn’t replicate the camera angle. Which he wasn’t sure what to make of it. Imo that helps out the leak a bit more because the world view could be changed if real, allowing this new angle.

AndreaAC

It’s like Nintendo forgot what F-Zero is lmao
I mean they do remember, otherwise they wouldn't have put the F-Zero theme in Nintendo Land or put the Blue Falcon in Mario Kart 8 or 9 or whatever. They just simply don't care about it as a standalone franchise...it's like F-Zero became to Nintendo the equivalent of Daisy in Mario, I guess? o-o

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well after playing the BBTAG demo, I think my favorite team combo is Hyde/Linne. Kinda weird, since I've never played Under Night before, but I really like them as a team.

It's too bad that the data doesn't carry over to the full game though. I got 56 wins online. Oh well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've noticed a sudden influx in people telling others that it's mandatory to use a lan cable to play online on games.

I don't know why people think they have the right to tell people they have to do something in order to play online

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I swear, Hyde's reverse quarter circle distortion is the most satisfying move to end a match with.

It's a shame I was never able to land an Astral Finish on anyone though. Then again, the requirements are pretty difficult.

D

Deleted member

I swear, Hyde's reverse quarter circle distortion is the most satisfying move to end a match with.

It's a shame I was never able to land an Astral Finish on anyone though. Then again, the requirements are pretty difficult.
Most satisfying way to end a match to me was using Ruby's super and then have Gordeau come in and use his own super with both of them delivering the final blow at the same time.

How do you even do an Astral Finish though?

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So... it seems like a Star Fox racing game developed by Retro Studios might be a thing.

I'm all for seeing a new Star Fox game... but this... this doesn't sound good. Why make a Star Fox game in the style of F-Zero, when Star Fox is nothing like F-Zero, when you could just make an F-Zero game?

It's like ****ting on two franchises at the same time. If it's real, I hope it does well, but I'll be absolutely baffled. Zero already put the Star Fox at risk, but if they push this and expect it to do well, it may kill the series. Personally, I think it's fake, though.

This does remind me of an apparent "leak" on the IGN forums though. Complete overhaul of the series called "Lylat System". Would be interesting to see, but definitely fake. Seems more like a wishlist if anything.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Most satisfying way to end a match to me was using Ruby's super and then have Gordeau come in and use his own super with both of them delivering the final blow at the same time.

How do you even do an Astral Finish though?
You need to press down-down-down-B+C with 9 bars of meter while in Resonance Blaze.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Nice to be back after visiting friends at my alma meter. Good times!

Now what's the topic for today?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The Julius GHB was pretty easy, I thought. As usual, I just threw Leon at it and won. Uploaded a video of what I did here:
Should be able to replicate this with any Brave Bow archer who can hit low/mid-50s Atk, which isn't too hard with someone like bride Cordelia. Having lots of Spur and Drive Atk on the dancers helps too.

I also managed to clear the map using Felicia in place of Leon; I might upload that later too, for those who are interested.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Julius GHB was pretty easy, I thought. As usual, I just threw Leon at it and won. Uploaded a video of what I did here:
Should be able to replicate this with any Brave Bow archer who can hit low/mid-50s Atk, which isn't too hard with someone like bride Cordelia. Having lots of Spur and Drive Atk on the dancers helps too.

I also managed to clear the map using Felicia in place of Leon; I might upload that later too, for those who are interested.
I did it mostly by throwing Clair over to the right side to take all of the mages. Because it's so narrow, most of the physical enemy units take the left side because the AI just HAS to move somewhere, and I had the rest of my team take care of them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

i was lucky enough to get a Distortion finish with Yosukes Garudyne and man, It felt good.

yeah. I was never able to get an Astral Finish either

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Retro Studios working on a Star Fox spin-off, not even a main series game, is sort of disappointing. But the guys at Retro Studios are a talented bunch, so I trust them to make something great. Plus, it shows that the StarFox series isn't exactly dead in Nintendo's eyes.

Also, there was that rumor a while back that said Retro was working on a Diddy Kong Racing sequel. Perhaps some remnants of that have gone into this project?

Assuming it's real of course.

AndreaAC

F-Zero somehow becoming even deader than dead.
And it's so bad that I'm gonna start Falcon Punching people in other games:
20170220101657_12.jpg

xD Man, how much I love this image, I wish I had kept the original when I took it. Hope I can do it again, it's just too fitting.

Staarih

Smash Master
Leaks like this are always iffy because of minimal context. A reveal with a trailer/pictures would give a totally different vibe instead of imagination running wild after a rumour like now. But I guess that’s leaks for ya.

Retro usually delivers though so I’m intrigued. Assuming this is real. Hopefully it won’t be the final nail on the coffin for F-Zero though.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Just reminded me of that copypasta used to mock Rick and Morty fans

Also all anime is absolute trash so your siblings are smarter cause they don't watch it
No, just Kamen Rider weebs like you. :p

That self loathing anime fan.
What do you expect from a Kamen Rider Weeb. :troll:

How dare you. Pegasus Knights are the most majestic units and most amazing class in the series, I will ****ing end you for this insult!

Huh, interesting.

It’s like Nintendo forgot what F-Zero is lmao
More like not enough people bought it :p

Oh ****, finally a canon Command ending.

Finally we return the 64-Assault Universe, 'cept its one of the endings fans didn't want them to continue with.

I mean they do remember, otherwise they wouldn't have put the F-Zero theme in Nintendo Land or put the Blue Falcon in Mario Kart 8 or 9 or whatever. They just simply don't care about it as a standalone franchise...it's like F-Zero became to Nintendo the equivalent of Daisy in Mario, I guess? o-o
Well, being serious for a moment, F-Zero isn't actually a big seller to justify making more of, from all the stuff that would need to be made for it. So slapping Star Fox on it, could be away to bring more appeal to the race game.

Unless they just always wanted to make a Star Fox racing game, which I wouldn't be surprised by, honestly.

D

Deleted member

How dare you. Pegasus Knights are the most majestic units and most amazing class in the series, I will ****ing end you for this insult!
I know being bi or lesbian is a requirement to ride a Pegasus but it doesn't change the fact they die just from being touched.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I know being bi or lesbian is a requirement to ride a Pegasus but it doesn't change the fact they die just from being touched.
No you don't get it at all. I like Pegasus Knights cause they were great at killing mages in 7.

Well, time to ship Lily and Shoe :troll:
Welp, glad we have a new volunteer.

Don't ship me with anyone in this thread.
1486955438012_1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom