• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nah, Pyra looks better imo
View attachment 143961
>Not putting her hand on her heart and standing up straight

Clearly Nia is better qualified to be a true representative of the proud Ardanian Empire.

Also that Heart-to-Heart between Nia and Mórag which is the best one in the game, where they talk politics and Nia drops one of the best quotes in the series.

D

Deleted member

Before we start the Xoden Conflict, here is some information about them. The Xodens own ten planets. The smallest one is the size of Mars and the biggest one is fifty eight times the size of Jupiter. They managed to inhabit every single area, surprisingly. They have gravity machines to make sure that the gravity is just right for them. They had no conflict and no war for roughly two hundred thousand years, and their year count started when the first fascist dictator to rule all the planets came into power arose, Dictator Aven. The dictator today is named Dictator Manlord. The Xodens have been here for eleven billion years and they are far more advanced than we, the humans are. The Xodens have been alone until something huge happened. They found planet Earth in 17381, 17381 Xoden Years after the first fascist dictator of Xoden. The dictators were a dynasty. The dynasty is named the Axtrex dynasty. They ruled for 17381 Xoden Years. What an Xoden Year is will remain unknown, but we know it is longer than a Human year and it is based off the biggest planet that rotates the star that keeps the ten planets of Xoden in it’s grasp. They all were usually the most intelligent out of everyone and the strongest, usually the most tallest, etc. They also had complete control of everything in the Xoden system; a totalitarian direction. No one has ever made a rebellion, as everyone loves the dictators to death. Literally to death. It has been quite peaceful in there. However, they still have a military that is so big that it is almost impossible to count them all. They all are also much healthier than we are and each one of them lives about three hundred thirty three Earth Years. The Atrex dynasty that rules Xoden are the only ones living in the four hundreds. Dictator Manlord has been ruling for only six Xoden years at the time, which is very young. His dream was to find an outsider that he can communicate to. The Xodens had no communication at all with the outside world like we did, until the Xodens found one planet. That planet is our planet, Planet Earth. As soon as the Xoden’s supership, the Axtrex supership reaches to Earth extremely faster than lightspeed, the people watch it in true awe and mystery. They know that they have finally found extraterrestrial life. The people automatically know they are more techonloogialy advanced than they are and fear begins to strike their hearts. But the Xodens do not want world domination yet. They want to investigate Earth in full. The way it lives, the resources, the inhabitants, the different cultures, the different places, the different creatures, and many more.. Lets see what they will do.

May 19th, 17381

Planet Earth is detected in the radar by Xoden forces. Dictator Manlord makes plans to arrive at his destination, Planet Earth. This is the first planet that was not in their solar system that had life.

June 12th, 17381

The Xodens are ready to advance. Their supership, which is ten times bigger than Earth, goes from Xoden at light speed to Earth. Everyone stares in awe as the supership is in sight.

July 28th, 17381

Manlord creates their first Xoden base in Singapore. While they are not making a decision to claim the planet, they want to set up bases to check it out. The earthlings can not do anything and they continue to watch in awe. They all do not want to wage war against the Xodens, considering the Xodens’ technology is much more advanced than ours.

September 2nd, 17381

The Xodens have made many bases in Earth, all across. Here is a list of countries that have an Xoden base.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I typed this fast, it is just thinking of a title took me a while for some reason. It took me like a few minutes to think of a title.

I also have it in Google Documents so I can save it.
You do not have to read it whole, but at least tell me what your initial reaction was. :lol:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hunchback??
Gorgeous animation, amazing songs, well-written characters with a great voice cast. Recipe for a great movie for me.

The gargoyles aren't enough to kill the film for me as they are for other people, and I think Laverne in particular is honestly a pretty good character.

Only Hugo himself and A Guy Like You are "take me out of the film"-inducing, and the latter isn't even a bad song in a vacuum...it just shouldn't be in the film, and especially not where they put it. :p

Seeing everyone put The Incredibles so low on their lists is honestly making me feel so attacked right now.

Hercules and Lilo & Stitch too. :C
I mean if it makes you feel any better I legitimately love all three, haha. The other films just hold more sentimental value for me or beat those three out for very specific reasons, I suppose.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You're right, I hate Unleashed. So much, that I wrote an article about how much I hate it.

Nah but seriously it pains me that I'm about to have a monster PC set-up soon and Unleashed still hasn't seen a PC release. I never thought I'd spend over €2,500 on a PC before we got an Unleashed PC version, but here we are.

The Unleashed Project mod for Generations will tide me over until then.

Lost World, Boom, and Forces all deserved their criticism though. People were upset to see the franchise get so shaky again after a nice run of three really solid games.

I say this as someone who likes Lost World and Forces. But they are very flawed games.
I more take issue with the fact that all of them are considered part of the same umbrella of issues when each of the three was made by different devs. It says more about quality control than anything, which admittedly with Izuka being one of the two common threads between the two projects (the other being the Happy Tree Friends localizers) doesn't inspire confidence in Sega's leadership structure. But the only one capable of really being compared to Unleashed, Colors, and Generations out of the three is Forces.

But since they all have Sonic branding, people assume that it's IP itself that's incapable of functioning. When really it's just Izuka and whoever's in charge of him.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Nevermind.
Just found it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I more take issue with the fact that all of them are considered part of the same umbrella of issues when each of the three was made by different devs. It says more about quality control than anything, which admittedly with Izuka being one of the two common threads between the two projects (the other being the Happy Tree Friends localizers) doesn't inspire confidence in Sega's leadership structure. But the only one capable of really being compared to Unleashed, Colors, and Generations out of the three is Forces.

But since they all have Sonic branding, people assume that it's IP itself that's incapable of functioning. When really it's just Izuka and whoever's in charge of him.
>Blaming Iizuka

Not this meme again.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Before we start the Xoden Conflict, here is some information about them. The Xodens own ten planets. The smallest one is the size of Mars and the biggest one is fifty eight times the size of Jupiter. They managed to inhabit every single area, surprisingly. They have gravity machines to make sure that the gravity is just right for them. They had no conflict and no war for roughly two hundred thousand years, and their year count started when the first fascist dictator to rule all the planets came into power arose, Dictator Aven. The dictator today is named Dictator Manlord. The Xodens have been here for eleven billion years and they are far more advanced than we, the humans are. The Xodens have been alone until something huge happened. They found planet Earth in 17381, 17381 Xoden Years after the first fascist dictator of Xoden. The dictators were a dynasty. The dynasty is named the Axtrex dynasty. They ruled for 17381 Xoden Years. What an Xoden Year is will remain unknown, but we know it is longer than a Human year and it is based off the biggest planet that rotates the star that keeps the ten planets of Xoden in it’s grasp. They all were usually the most intelligent out of everyone and the strongest, usually the most tallest, etc. They also had complete control of everything in the Xoden system; a totalitarian direction. No one has ever made a rebellion, as everyone loves the dictators to death. Literally to death. It has been quite peaceful in there. However, they still have a military that is so big that it is almost impossible to count them all. They all are also much healthier than we are and each one of them lives about three hundred thirty three Earth Years. The Atrex dynasty that rules Xoden are the only ones living in the four hundreds. Dictator Manlord has been ruling for only six Xoden years at the time, which is very young. His dream was to find an outsider that he can communicate to. The Xodens had no communication at all with the outside world like we did, until the Xodens found one planet. That planet is our planet, Planet Earth. As soon as the Xoden’s supership, the Axtrex supership reaches to Earth extremely faster than lightspeed, the people watch it in true awe and mystery. They know that they have finally found extraterrestrial life. The people automatically know they are more techonloogialy advanced than they are and fear begins to strike their hearts. But the Xodens do not want world domination yet. They want to investigate Earth in full. The way it lives, the resources, the inhabitants, the different cultures, the different places, the different creatures, and many more.. Lets see what they will do.

May 19th, 17381

Planet Earth is detected in the radar by Xoden forces. Dictator Manlord makes plans to arrive at his destination, Planet Earth. This is the first planet that was not in their solar system that had life.

June 12th, 17381

The Xodens are ready to advance. Their supership, which is ten times bigger than Earth, goes from Xoden at light speed to Earth. Everyone stares in awe as the supership is in sight.

July 28th, 17381

Manlord creates their first Xoden base in Singapore. While they are not making a decision to claim the planet, they want to set up bases to check it out. The earthlings can not do anything and they continue to watch in awe. They all do not want to wage war against the Xodens, considering the Xodens’ technology is much more advanced than ours.

September 2nd, 17381

The Xodens have made many bases in Earth, all across. Here is a list of countries that have an Xoden base.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I typed this fast, it is just thinking of a title took me a while for some reason. It took me like a few minutes to think of a title.

I also have it in Google Documents so I can save it.
You know, if something 10 times the size of Earth suddenly showed up right next to Earth, there wouldn't be a Singapore anymore.

D

Deleted member

You know, if something 10 times the size of Earth suddenly showed up right next to Earth, there wouldn't be a Singapore anymore.
LOOK.
It was next to Earth to avoid crashing into it, not right at it.
Plus, lets say they had life sensors to prevent Earth from dying to the shadow of a ship.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>Blaming Iizuka

Not this meme again.
You know what, thinking on it that probably is a misblame from me, considering how ruffled I get at Sakurai being a scapegoat that's a no-go. Sorry about that. Although even prior to that clicking just now some of the flak he gets from the fandom is just too much even for me. Who the hell says a guy has horse teeth?

A not exactly small part of me wants to know who at Sammy to wring the neck of, though. Because three entirely different staffs don't flub up simultaneously without someone in the chain of command doing something wrong.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
LOOK.
It was next to Earth to avoid crashing into it, not right at it.
Plus, lets say they had life sensors to prevent Earth from dying to the shadow of a ship.
A ship that size would drastically affect sea level. Every low lying coastal city on the planet would be completely submerged at high tide.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The dictator today is named Dictator Manlord.
"Who?"
"Manlord, star. Legendary Dictator?"

Memes aside I think that name needs changing. An alien dictator named Manlord who plans to conquer Earth is way too on the nose to the point of parody.

D

Deleted member

Plus, lets say the ship had ships that could go into Singapore and make a base.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yellowlord Yellowlord is.
I wish I was just as nice as he was.
I still am an overall nice guy in public areas.
I honestly do think you're a good kid that has good intentions as a person, Shiny. Of course, you're much younger then I am, so even though you've made a few accidental mistakes or said something you didn't mean to say, that's ok. We all make mistakes every now and then or accidentally misspeak with our words: as long as you learn from those moments, then it'll help you grow further as a person.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Who?"

Memes aside I think that name needs changing. An alien dictator named Manlord who plans to conquer Earth is way too on the nose to the point of parody.
How about you think of a name?
My name thinking abilities are random.
If you do not want to, expect a strange name.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
And good to know that 15,000 years from now we'll still be using the Gregorian calendar.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ .I love how the game was handing me persona song after persona song

was I doing good?
Pretty sure online uses "auto" for stages and songs so Persina had the higher chance of getting picked since you were using a Persona duo.

And yeah, you did good, I'm pretty sure Gordeau is broken at this point because good god. The Stands, I mean, Personas threw me for a loop since I haven't seen anyone use them online(seriously, it's 80% Ruby) but then I realized I can hit them. Except Yosuke, guy just keeps teleporting around lol
"Gordeau is wack"
Oh how little you know...

You implying there's someone more broken than him? Tell me then, so I can main them
"Who?"

"Nonsense! I, for one, think it's a beautiful name!" -said Lord Kickspuppies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Naming is a very personal, intimate process. Only you know your story well enough to think of a name, as names have meaning.

Just...not Manlord. The name shouldn't feel so Earthlike.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If you want an alien, you gotta have a name that sounds alien. Preferably something that doesn't feel like it's part of any language, like Shub-Niggurath or Mxyzptlk.

Of course, those names are examples taken from already-existing works, so be more creative than that. Just wanted to share examples.

D

Deleted member

And good to know that 15,000 years from now we'll still be using the Gregorian calendar.
In my book, it said that a Xoden year is not the same as an Earth year.
Naming is a very personal, intimate process. Only you know your story well enough to think of a name, as names have meaning.

If you want an alien, you gotta have a name that sounds alien. Preferably something that doesn't feel like it's part of any language, like Shub-Niggurath or Mxyzptlk.

Of course, those names are examples taken from already-existing works, so be more creative than that. Just wanted to share examples.
True.... true...
How about Trixanitor? Is that acceptable?

Thanks for giving my story attention, guys. You guys are awesome and made my day. :)

D

Deleted member

A ship that size would drastically affect sea level. Every low lying coastal city on the planet would be completely submerged at high tide.
They are not that near, just able to see a bit. Lets say it is not close enough to cause sea levels.
They sent mini-ships to Earth to make bases.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Well...

So does Bill Cipher.

Though in all fairness, that name is canonically a nickname he gives himself to Earthlings and not his real name at all.

Everything in GF is a goddamn spoiler, so gotta play it safe :V

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In my book, it said that a Xoden year is not the same as an Earth year.

True.... true...
How about Trixanitor? Is that acceptable?

Thanks for giving my story attention, guys. You guys are awesome and made my day. :)
Trixanitor sounds like the Trix Rabbit disguised as a janitor. Ideally someone's name shouldn't be a portmanteau if you want them to be seen as a serious threat.

D

Deleted member

Good to know that a powerful alien invader still uses the Gregorian calendar.
OH MY GOODNESS.
THAT IS THEIR YEAR. They use the same numbers as us I guess ( Too complicated to make new numbers ).
They do not use the Gregorian Calendar. It does not take place 15000 years after today.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And yeah, you did good, I'm pretty sure Gordeau is broken at this point because good god. The Stands, I mean, Personas threw me for a loop since I haven't seen anyone use them online(seriously, it's 80% Ruby) but then I realized I can hit them. Except Yosuke, guy just keeps teleporting around lol
ive seen a some persona peeps online, some Yosukes, Some Yus, And Like, one Chie and Yukiko. I hope I never see ruby online though, her voice is grating to me

and yeah, The reason Yosuke kept doing that was because I was trying to do his skill, the wind skill, and other skills and it just didnt wanna happen lol Yeah, the Persona Can get hit and ****ed also, pretty sure thats what saves me from getting hit in most of my matches. But im glad I did good, I feel like Im improving

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pretty sure online uses "auto" for stages and songs so Persina had the higher chance of getting picked since you were using a Persona duo.

You implying there's someone more broken than him? Tell me then, so I can main them

"Nonsense! I, for one, think it's a beautiful name!" -said Lord Kickspuppies.
No I just find it funny that Gordeau is "broken" here which is nothing compared to how he was back in UNIEL.

Gordeau/Azrael is UNGA PLUS ULTRA

D

Deleted member

Trixanitor sounds like the Trix Rabbit disguised as a janitor. Ideally someone's name shouldn't be a portmanteau if you want them to be seen as a serious threat.
I honestly can not think of a name that is either similar to an already taken name that is really dark or a goofy name.
What names do you all have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom