• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I perfectly understood what you were going for and I understood the joke. That's why I was stating the obvious. Like I understood you didn't believe such stuff, but that wasn't going to stop me from stating the obvious.
All this talk of Disney has reminded me that they own the Alien franchise now...
So next Kingdom Hearts games has Darth Vader, Spiderman and Homer Simpson fighting against Aliens, Doctor Doom and Rasputin?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Did... Did Puff imply that a moderator was being rude?

I think I need new glasses because I can't believe someone would imply such a contradictory thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You could have has asked me what I meant by that post instead of assuming I was stating a fact.
I was not the original replier. The other thing is I'm explaining why people took what you said the wrong way. You said it poorly.

The best thing you can do is be more clear when stating your opinions. No more, no less.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All this talk of Disney has reminded me that they own the Alien franchise now...
Fun fact: Disney World in Florida once had a horror ride that was originally going to use Alien's trademark Xenomorph alien as it's monster.

They ended up using an original alien of their creation instead, largely because Disney parks had a rule at the time to not use R-rated content for their attractions.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Look at this guy!

Ursula, Jafar, Hades, et al ain't got **** on him.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You could have has asked me what I meant by that post instead of assuming I was stating a fact.
As a fellow Sonic fan also tired of listening to a ton of crud, upon looking up what you said it'd be a whole lot safer if you just skipped to saying what you meant next time instead of using hyperbole.

Hyperbole is one of the staple kinds of toxicity surrounding Sonic stuff.

Granted I don't have a say anywhere here because I haven't played 2. The first Adventure was one of my most enjoyed Sonic games and 06 one of my least. And I played Adventure well after 06.

Chrono.

Don't you dare **** on them, all those movies are ****ing great and I'll die for them if I need to.
Chicken Little is the only one I didn't like out of those.

But reactions for those were drier than what you see now, which was more my point.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, either we're both bad or we're doing something right.

Also, had to leave because of dinner but I'll be back later if you want more matches.
You're much better on the combo game and offense.

I seem to be better at footsies and reads.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
When I say I like 06 more than Adventure 2, I would like to not be burned at the steak or for people to keep overreacting when it's brought up, i'm sick and tried of that happening.
I'd like people to not rally for a lynching at "Sonic 06 wasn't the worst thing in the universe."

Asking them to be OK with a game at least a couple of people legitimately like being ranked worse is wishful thinking, LOL.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I need to see The Black Cauldron. I'm fairly certain I own a DVD of it, but I've just never gotten around to watching it. I've always wanted to. I knew it was received poorly in it's time, so I ve hoped that I would find some better aspects of it from watching it myself, and genuinely enjoy it.

The Horned King is undeniably awesome, though, I already know that much.

Who is that?
He's called the Horned King.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Like even if I was stating that 06 was a better made game then adventure 2, so what?

Its not like it affects any of you
Nobody's burning you at the stake for having that opinion. If you like 06 more than Ad. 2, then alright.

What happened is that there's a difference of opinion, in that myself and others don't enjoy 06. It's not about you, it's about the game itself. And if you like it, then that's fine. It's just that it doesn't suit everyone's tastes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I need to see The Black Cauldron. I'm fairly certain I own a DVD of it, but I've just never gotten around to watching it. I've always wanted to. I knew it was received poorly in it's time, so I ve hoped that I would find some better aspects of it from watching it myself, and genuinely enjoy it.

The Horned King is undeniably awesome, though, I already know that much.

He's called the Horned King.
What's he from?

D

Deleted member

I saw this image of Pac-Man.
PACMAN.jpg

I regret everything leading to this point.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That doesn't help at all.
There is no help. Saying one game is better than another and mentioning Sonic in front of literally anyone are both the equivalent of bloodletting into a shark tank. And I only have sympathy for the latter, because the former is actively weaponized against the Modern Sonic fandom in the first place and I still have trauma from watching it.

If I knew how to successfully beat off a swarm of video game whiners, I might not be as twitchy and pessimistic as I am.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Atlantis: The Lost Empire is definitely underrated though. Great movie.

Treasure Planet's pretty great too.
I watched Atlantis so many times as a kid, I was obsessed with it for some reason. It's been years since I've watched it now though.

Well I mean, I'd rather live in a half-finished house with people I love than a mansion full of antagonistic sociopaths.

Which is basically my way of saying that actually liking Sonic '06 is a measure of sincerity most of the time and the majority of other fandoms, particularly those actively opposed to it like the Classic Sonic fandom, are actively hateful waterfalls of vomit.

I wouldn't go so far as to say '06 was good, but it was...better than people say by a fairly wide margin. And like 80% of that is because people are drama queens as opposed to any quality the game itself as. Although nothing with Adventure gameplay can be completely bad to me even if both the plot and polish are simultaneously actively conspiring against it.
Sonic '06 being actively opposed has nothing to do with Classic elitists being Classic elitists, and everything to do with the fact that it almost singlehandedly destroyed what little goodwill the franchise had left at that point.

Until T H E S A V I O U R came and saved the franchise.

Chrono.

Cross Tag battle needs some adjustments on Switch.

Mainly the stick sensitivity.

It works fine on PS4, but on Switch joycons or Pro Controllers is a pain to properly do motions because you accidentally jump diagonally.

Other than that, boy am I conflicted on which version I'm getting. Switch gives me portability, but PS4 gives me actual friends that play FGs (and better controls.)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Like even if I was stating that 06 was a better made game then adventure 2, so what?

Its not like it affects any of you
I understand how you feel, gravity, but we aren't trying to go against you here on your opinion. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to Sonic, there admittedly is a lot that goes on in the series as there are fans who like certain games and fans who don't like certain games as much as others. This tends to create conflict at times, which is not what we're trying to do here.

In general, we aren't trying to tell you to stop liking Sonic 06: if you like the game, then that's what should matter.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

It works fine on PS4, but on Switch joycons or Pro Controllers is a pain to properly do motions because you accidentally jump diagonally.

Other than that, boy am I conflicted on which version I'm getting. Switch gives me portability, but PS4 gives me actual friends that play FGs (and better controls.)
Always PS4, this isn't even a debate, lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

If you plan to get at least semi-serious, PS4.

If you just wanna play it casually every so often, Switch.

Get both if you wanna be ultra hardcore.

Chrono.

I watched Atlantis so many times as a kid, I was obsessed with it for some reason. It's been years since I've watched it now though.

Sonic '06 being actively opposed has nothing to do with Classic elitists being Classic elitists, and everything to do with the fact that it almost singlehandedly destroyed what little goodwill the franchise had left at that point.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but I love Unleashed and will accept any praise towards it. Still my favorite of the Boost trilogy and really wish they'd remaster this (and Colors.)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I think Unleashed is a beautiful game and actually don't mind Night stages, but people only briefly gave the franchise a bit of leeway with Generations and happily threw it right back under the bus with Lost World and Boom before SoJ even legitimately released a flubbed game themselves with Forces clearly being a substitute job for some failed project.

And if one game can destroy a franchises' goodwill then people were clearly looking to scapegoat it long before that. People want a nerdy kid in class to pick on and Sonic is what they settled with. It's why you always hear about bad fancharacters and never hear about the core fandom itself being a venomous ouroboros on most dedicated sites.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well what do ya know?

I think I'm starting to get good at this Blazblue thing.

Hot dog!

D

Deleted member

The BlazBlue game I can't really get into cause it makes me wish I was playing a more traditional fighting game and I find the concept hard to grasp. Then again I also hate tagging in fighters and don't care for games like MvC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom