• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What is your favorite Disney / Pixar movie? It is difficult to choose mine.
Toy Story is up there.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Our kid selves tend to have horrible taste, to be fair.

Like how kid-me unironically enjoyed Johnny Test. What the **** was wrong with me back then?
I can attest to that. I remember enjoying a fair amount of licensed movie games like that Cat in the Hat game on the GBA. Ew. To that and the movie itself.

Thankfully I don't have terrible taste nowadays, just bad taste instead. :upsidedown:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I tend to get Chicken Little confused with Chicken Run, the Dreamworks movie.

I have so much nostalgia for that movie and The Road to El Dorado. I fondly remember my family renting out those VHS's 18 years ago.

And the fact that I even mentioned VHS's makes me feel like an old man. :skull:

D

Deleted member

I felt like I literally did nothing today.
I might ask my family to play Apples to Apples, but no one is going to agree.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Unironically claiming that Sonic '06 is a good game just feels wrong.

It's like saying that a half-finished house that can barely hold itself together is better to live in than a mansion.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
There's plenty of people ripping off Waluigi and not just Bowler Hat Guy
The sad thing is how many people would believe that. Don't you just love when 20th century cartoons, animations, movies and whatnot rips off stuff from the 21st Century? :smirk:

D

Deleted member

I am going to make up a story.
It is about the nation Xoden which consists of ten plantes that invades the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The video game adaption of Chicken Little was fun.

....I can at least give that credit.

That's an insult to Waluigi. :V

BHG couldn't really accomplish a damn thing.

I liked his backstory, but everything else about the character is....kinda bleh..

So did I.

To be fair though, the show's first season wasn't so bad. At the very least, it was quite different from it's later seasons, for a number of reasons.

It went downhill shortly after that.
That's kind of the point of his character. He's basically the definition of learned helplessness. He keeps seeing himself as an irredeemable failure so he never tries to break free from the hat.
So when he does and he starts to live by the "Keep Moving Forward" mantra, he starts helping himself.
Plus comic relief.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's acceptable if you're a speedrunner.
Only because it's so broken you can skip most of it :V

Look man you where being rude and I don't appreciate that so please edit your post, I'm not trying to start a fight so can you please edit your post.
Just gonna ask one thing; how would editing the post change anything?

The damage is already done, and editing the post would just be the equivalent of putting a band-aid on a wound; all it's gonna do is cover it up, not instantly heal it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I hit the 225 saved orbs mark and decided to spend five for the fun of it. Tried for Dorcas.

I have a Deirdre now.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
*Looks up Disney movies before Tangled*
> Princess and the Frog
> Bolt
> Meet the Robinsons
> Chicken ****ing Little

Okay yeah I understand the lull now.
That's a real weird spot to check your timeline, bro.

You missed a spot. A big spot, literally just before Chicken Little on that list.

This thing is critically lukewarm enough to compete in most circles with Black Cauldron and Chicken Little for worst Disney animated film, but even those didn't do its damage. It tanked Disney's entire traditional animation division.

Disney hadn't had a critically and commercially successful film since Lilo and Stitch at this point (Brother Bear had commercial success but lukewarm critical response, Treasure Planet had neither), but nothing had turned them off an entire animation style altogether. When Home On The Range didn't make its budget back, it made them literally shutter their traditional animation studios in favor of CGI and it took them five years and several mediocre movies to get them to change their minds.

Though Bolt was well-received, it had the misfortune of coming off Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons, and a return to form wasn't acknowledged yet; people flip-flop on whether it should be in the Disney Revival or not. Princess and the Frog is uncontested though, not even sure why you included it.

[EDIT]: Can't believe that took me an hour to get together.

Yeesh.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Chie and Gordeau are my BlazBlue teammates. 8 wins and little losses on my belt.

The sad thing is how many people would believe that. Don't you just love when 20th century cartoons, animations, movies and whatnot rips off stuff from the 21st Century? :smirk:
upload_2018-5-12_19-30-15.jpeg

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Look just change your post and everything will be fine.

You too.
I'm not trying to offend you. I'm just stating that I'm not a fan of Sonic 06 and it's one of my least favorite games in the franchise. I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong, but forcing me to edit my post won't help anything.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Atlantis: The Lost Empire is definitely underrated though. Great movie.

Treasure Planet's pretty great too.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Black Cauldron didn't deserve what it got. The world wasn't ready for such a bleak cartoon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Really would love to see a return to hand-drawn animated movies again, far as Disney goes.

The Princess and the Frog didn't get the amount of success it deserved at it's time.

Following that, a Winnie the Pooh movie simply wasn't gonna cut it.

I don't even remember the first season at all. It like, vanished after season 2 showed up lol
The animation and writing was totally different in the first season compared to the several later seasons it got, so that makes sense. Figures the re-runs would be minimal compared to the others and would be hard to come by in a sea of completely different episodes from it's many later seasons.

That's kind of the point of his character. He's basically the definition of learned helplessness. He keeps seeing himself as an irredeemable failure so he never tries to break free from the hat.
So when he does and he starts to live by the "Keep Moving Forward" mantra, he starts helping himself.
Plus comic relief.
Hmm....... I can understand that. It is a clever idea. And in some regards, it works.

I do still enjoy his story, so yeah.

But everything we see him do as a "bad guy", I just can't find myself enjoying the character much. But thinking about it like that, perhaps the writers intended or expected such reactions from the audience.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Unironically claiming that Sonic '06 is a good game just feels wrong.

It's like saying that a half-finished house that can barely hold itself together is better to live in than a mansion.
Well I mean, I'd rather live in a half-finished house with people I love than a mansion full of antagonistic sociopaths.

Which is basically my way of saying that actually liking Sonic '06 is a measure of sincerity most of the time and the majority of other fandoms, particularly those actively opposed to it like the Classic Sonic fandom, are actively hateful waterfalls of vomit.

I wouldn't go so far as to say '06 was good, but it was...better than people say by a fairly wide margin. And like 80% of that is because people are drama queens as opposed to any quality the game itself as. Although nothing with Adventure gameplay can be completely bad to me even if both the plot and polish are simultaneously actively conspiring against it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All this over me sharing my opinion
Here's a tip; saying "1 game is better than another" is not an opinion. It's a statement of fact. Saying "I like this game more than the other" is an opinion. People will call you out on unreasonable facts if you make them, especially if they're blatantly false.

I like both games. 06 is however objectively worse due to being far less playable of the two. That's just the reality of the situation and how it will always be(bar 06 getting a remake and declared canon, but that doesn't technically affect the fact the original was still not a very good game. 06 is more properly stated as mediocre, if you want to give it the highest potential score while being fair to everything it has).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All this talk of Disney has reminded me that they own the Alien franchise now...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@Shishœ

These are some good games.

Even when one of us wins its pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom