• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Frozen is way overrated.
''Frozen is the first Disney film to have sisters at the helm of the story!"

Lilo and Stitch.

''Frozen is the first Disney movie to a show a depressed character acting out."

Beauty and the Beast.

''Frozen is the first Disney movie that shows a girl doesn't need to be saved by a man."

Mulan. Also see Brave.

''Frozen is the first movie to parody the love at first sight trope."

Enchanted.

''Frozen is the first movie where one of the princesses is quirky and not well adjusted to the outside world."

The Little Mermaid. Also Tangled.

It's a fine movie, but so many people tried to make it this ground breaking Disney movie that did so many things first and no. It's just not really all that special at the end of the day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Frozen has become "so overrated" its starting to become underrated.
When I watched Frozen, it actually was decent.
I think what made people hate it was how it was explosively everywhere at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not that it was everywhere at the same time that makes me think it's one of the most overrated Disney movies.

EVERY Disney big releases is everywhere at the time of it's release. Frozen just lingered as if it was the greatest Disney movie since Lion King.

And lol no.

It just followed so much of the Disney formula, but people claimed it really didn't.

There are many films before it that deserved more praise than it got.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you remove all the songs from Frozen you get a pretty decent 30 minute short. :V

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you remove all the songs from Frozen you get a pretty decent 30 minute short. :V
The music I'll give it though. It has some of the best recent Disney music, and that really all comes down to the talent of the cast.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It's not that it was everywhere at the same time that makes me think it's one of the most overrated Disney movies.

EVERY Disney big releases is everywhere at the time of it's release. Frozen just lingered as if it was the greatest Disney movie since Lion King.

And lol no.

It just followed so much of the Disney formula, but people claimed it really didn't.

There are many films before it that deserved more praise than it got.
People ignored Tangled because it came out when Disney's movies kind of sucked. Tangled didn't suck, of course, it's actually one of my favorites in the whole canon, but nobody gave it a chance at the time. I blame the marketing and the title that tried to trick people into thinking it was a hip Dreamworks movie.

Frozen may have just been a couple years later, but Disney Renaissance II: Renaissance Harder was in full swing by then. It was cool to like Disney again. Add in the catchy soundtrack and it was a perfect storm.

D

Deleted member

I'm playing BBCTB.

Ruby is super fun to play...

But I haven't really clicked with anyone else.

Doesn't help that I really only know Ruby and Weiss.
Never mind I found another scythe character.

Scythe team for the win.
I was gonna tell you to try Gordeau because Scythes but I guess you already did lol.
Surprisingly, I'm liking Gordeau more than Ruby, probably because he actually has range, which is the first thing I'd expect from a scythe user.
MY DAUGHTER KAMALA GOT CONFIRMED TO BE PLANNED IN THE MCU SOMEONE GET THE SMELLING SALTS IMMA ****ING FAINT AFTER THIS NEWS AFTER GETTING BRIDE WAS A BOY
Damn the MCU is getting weird :/
No but really who the **** is Kamala?

Chrono.

People ignored Tangled because it came out when Disney's movies kind of sucked. Tangled didn't suck, of course, it's actually one of my favorites in the whole canon, but nobody gave it a chance at the time. I blame the marketing and the title that tried to trick people into thinking it was a hip Dreamworks movie.

Frozen may have just been a couple years later, but Disney Renaissance II: Renaissance Harder was in full swing by then. It was cool to like Disney again. Add in the catchy soundtrack and it was a perfect storm.
*Looks up Disney movies before Tangled*
> Princess and the Frog
> Bolt
> Meet the Robinsons
> Chicken ****ing Little

Okay yeah I understand the lull now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was in the car with my family and we were going to my grandmas today and I found this in Pokémon go:

53E47402-485B-499F-8CCC-4683306C4145.png

One of my favorite shinys so I’m pretty hyped and happy. Going to take a bit to power it up though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm bad at this game.

I keep losing, but at least its always close.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This discussion is funny as I saw Vaiana/Moana today at a friend
I hate Moana.

Or rather, I hate the fact that I didn't make Moana. That movie is ****ing pretty and the entire time I was watching it I was actively distracted by how much I wish I had worked on it.

D

Deleted member

> Princess and the Frog
> Bolt
> Meet the Robinsons
> Chicken ****ing Little

Don't you dare **** on them, all those movies are ****ing great and I'll die for them if I need to.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Frozen backlash is more annoying than the Frozen fanaticism honestly. Case in point: when people pretended to care about Maelstrom in EPCOT when it was replaced by Frozen Ever After. No one cared about Maelstrom before that, and that's from someone who enjoyed the ride. I only found out it existed after my friends ditched me in Norway while I was in the bathroom and they were in Mexico by the time I got out. It was also hot out so I ducked inside a building to cool off.

That building? Maelstrom.
Shortest lines ever and virtually no one riding it on a really busy summer day.

But suddenly it was "everyone's favorite ride" when it got replaced by a Frozen ride. Like no, guys. Probably less than 10% of EPCOT visitors that day knew it was a thing.

So that's my Maelstrom rant.

Sometimes I forget Tangled is a damn good movie.
Legitimately one of my favorite Disney films.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
> Princess and the Frog
> Bolt
> Meet the Robinsons
> Chicken ****ing Little

Princess and the Frog was good. Not fantastic, but it was good. At the very least, it is nowhere near comparable to Chicken Little.

D

Deleted member

The Frozen songs became so over-saturated. Everyone sang them, and eventually the frozen songs became annoying. That is sad, because those songs actually had talent and hard work put itnto it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
> Princess and the Frog
> Bolt
> Meet the Robinsons
> Chicken ****ing Little

I remember really liking Meet the Robinsons and to this day I only hear praise for it.

I also really liked Bolt but I don't remember much about it. I'd probably still like it purely because I like doggos.

Chicken Little was definitely a black sheep among Disney's catalogue, but I don't think that necessarily makes it a bad film. It's just low tier on the Disney catalogue.

I haven't seen Princess and the Frog though.

As for Frozen, yeah I just never got the hype, outside of the animation. That being said, I hope both Frozen and Moana get a world in Kingdom Hearts 3. Arendelle would make for an amazing world, and I thought the themes of Moana's story would fit REALLY well into Kingdom Hearts and there is at least one really cool boss fight they could pull from it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was gonna tell you to try Gordeau because Scythes but I guess you already did lol.
Surprisingly, I'm liking Gordeau more than Ruby, probably because he actually has range, which is the first thing I'd expect from a scythe user.

Damn the MCU is getting weird :/

No but really who the **** is Kamala?
Kamala Khan is the new Ms. Marvel, a teenage Muslim girl who can shapeshift in some ways, she can turn into other people or change the size of her body. She's the most popular original Marvel character since Rogue iirc

Also I'm an emotional wreck after finishing Bride was a Boy

D

Deleted member

> Princess and the Frog
> Bolt
> Meet the Robinsons
> Chicken ****ing Little

I never seen Princess and the Frog, but I heard it was pretty decent.
Chicken Little should be in it's own tier of shame.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly?

Bolt was garbage.

Chicken Little was downright depressing and infuriating.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Bolt is the only movie in the animated canon that I've legitimately never seen.

Meet the Robinsons was honestly pretty good though. And Princess and the Frog's wonderful.

And...at least Chicken Little isn't Dinosaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom