• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I know you're probably joking at least a bit but...

That trailer was one of the few times TTG was even funny to me.

That, and the hate for TTG is a bit much. Like dude, the first show had 5 SEASONS and a MOVIE. I like the show, but that's a damn good run. And ****** wanna complain about a comedy spin-off. I'm not a fan of TTG either, but there's worse things.

Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, Green Lantern: TAS and Avengers: EMH. Those shows were good and got ****ING ROBBED! Spider-Man Unlimited too, but that one's only okay.
The reason why I dislike TTG is because it is way too popular in CN and the jokes are too crude.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*scrolling through youtube recommendations*

-smash video
-smash video
-smash video
-metroid remix
-pokemon thoery
-smash video
-New Alice In Chains song
-smash video
-smash video
-pokemon remix

HOLD THE **** UP NEW ALICE IN CHAINS SONG!??!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't forget ThunderCats 2011, that also got robbed.

The reason why I dislike TTG is because it is way too popular in CN and the jokes are too crude.
Okay. I don't like the show either, but the complaints are always super exaggerated. Especially for a show(the first Teen Titans) that had a full run and then some.

D

Deleted member

I find it odd how you can put up with the crudeness of this thread but TTG is where the line in the sand is drawn.
There is just something that makes TTG more cringe-giving than this thread.
Like at least you guys are funny and enjoyable.
TTG is not the worst thing in the world, but it's humor just annoys me compared to everyone's humor in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I would mind TTG far less if it wasn't the show CN aired the most frequently.

And I do mean most frequently. Unless I'm mistaken, the show still airs more frequently weekly (and often daily, as well) than any of their other shows. Combine that with the fact that I just don't think it's even remotely funny, and I have little reason to tune into the channel itself anymore.

Chrono.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
People hate on Teen Titans Go because it's goofier and cartoonier than the last Teen Titans cartoon, but the last Teen Titans cartoon was itself goofier and cartoonier than the Teen Titans comic.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would mind TTG far less if it wasn't the show CN aired the most frequently.

And I do mean most frequently. Unless I'm mistaken, the show still airs more frequently weekly (and often daily, as well) than any of their other shows. Combine that with the fact that I just don't think it's even remotely funny, and I have little reason to tune into the channel itself anymore.
That's actually an issue with the network. Granted, there isn't much on CN that I actually like at the moment, not counting Adult Swim, but I think it'd be better for more shows to get some air time.

There's a guy who's job it is at CN to handle the programming block in the US. So blame him.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hey we only joke about Futa once a month.
No, Futa is banned. And this is why I shouldn't be a Mod, I will end up permabanning anyone who mentions futa.

I love mech anime in general I'm watching this anyway. If it gets subtitled of course.

That said, I did miss Zoids in it's original run. So I have like no nostalgia for it whatsoever.

Medabots, on the other hand...
I mainly watched Zoids on Toonami re-runs, so I didn't catch the original run either.

Last edited:

Chrono.

People hate on Teen Titans Go because it's goofier and cartoonier than the last Teen Titans cartoon, but the last Teen Titans cartoon was itself goofier and cartoonier than the Teen Titans comic.
People like a balance.

Whodda've thunk (plus comics are pretty hard to get into as it is.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never really seen the original TT cartoon.
I am not a supreme hater of TTG, but I just do not like how much CN highlights it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pretty much. If you've read some of the Wolfman/Perez stuff? It can get messed up. Though I guess that's the case with each comic property. One minute you get goofy Spider-Man, the next, Kraven's Last Hunt or Spider-Man: Shed. People ****ted on Batman Brave and the Bold for similar reasons.

I prefer more of an action focus for a superhero show, but it doesn't have to be super edgy/drim the whole time either.

Personally, Marvel's recent cartoons are more disappointing to me. TTG lets you know what to expect at least. Except Ultimate Spider-Man, which got slightly better each season as time went on. It also had some okay fight scenes.

Chrono.

Spectacular Spider-Man was the peak of action cartoons and I will continue to die on that hill.

Starlight_Lily

Reasons why Twitter showing the likes of people you follow sucks:

Spoilers for Infinity war, while I don't care, I don't like that other people are going to get spoiled.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
People like a balance.

Whodda've thunk.
Dίck Grayson learns Jason Todd was murdered in a Teen Ttitans comic. The comics were allowed to show actual human emotion and didn't just stick giant chibi anime faces on all the characters. Those early 2000s Japanime shows were a dark period in the history of cartoons.

Also, I'll take that censor dodging warning with pride. My grandfather's name was Dίck, it shouldn't be censored in the first place.
My mother's father, before any of you make the connection between his name and my surname, lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spectacular Spider-Man was the peak of action cartoons and I will continue to die on that hill.
The fights had some of the best choreography period. Gangland, Both Venom Fights, the Green Goblin fights, Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six. Brilliant. We need more "raw" fighting scenes in action cartoons, that's one of the reasons why I watched them as kid, and still do, as someone studying animation.

Reasons why Twitter showing the likes of people you follow sucks:

Spoilers for Infinity war, while I don't care, I don't like that other people are going to get spoiled.
**** the Youtube search bar too. I don't care about spoilers myself, but for other people it's crappy.

Don't type in anything starting with "Spider-Man" for a bit. I wanted to show someone stuff from the 90's animated series, so you gotta start with the "90's" part. I assume the same is with Black Panther.

D

Deleted member

I love metronome battles, and this one was interesting.
That Gengar though.

Starlight_Lily

I feel someone summoned me.
Get back in your hole :p

**** the Youtube search bar too. I don't care about spoilers myself, but for other people it's crappy.

Don't type in anything starting with "Spider-Man" for a bit. I wanted to show someone stuff from the 90's animated series, so you gotta start with the "90's" part. I assume the same is with Black Panther.
Agreed, about youtube and spoilers in the search engine.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Was that the cel-shaded CGI one?
No, that one was from 2003. It only had one season because it someone thought it was a good idea to have a Spider-Man cartoon on MTV of all places.

Spectacular Spider-Man was from 2008. Had Sean "Cheeks" Galloway's art as the basis.

Also has a theme that can stand toe-to-toe with the 90's Spider-Man song. 60's theme is near untouchable.

Chrono.

Was that the cel-shaded CGI one?
Nah that was Spider-Man the New Animated series. It aired on MTV and was cancelled after a couple months lol.

Spectacular was this one.

EDIT: Knight got ahead of me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No, that one was from 2003. It only had one season because it someone thought it was a good idea to have a Spider-Man cartoon on MTV of all places.

Spectacular Spider-Man was from 2008. Had Sean "Cheeks" Galloway's art as the basis.

Also has a theme that can stand toe-to-toe with the 90's Spider-Man song. 60's theme is near untouchable.

Hmm, don't think I've ever heard of this one. The art style is pretty unfamiliar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom