• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mean, stuff like 20 years to 50 seems weird to me but they are consenting adults so that's their issue and none of my business.
Nah brah if you’re 50 and dating someone 20 you’re gross.

Never date someone who could be your parent or child.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Got hired at the retirement community I applied to! And the pay will be better there than my current job! Things are looking up :)

D

Deleted member

Got hired at the retirement community I applied to! And the pay will be better there than my current job! Things are looking up :)
Glad things are looking up for you man! I hope the pay is worth it, and I hope life continues to go up for you even more! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's an interesting question.

Assuming all parties are consenting legal adults.

How much of an age gap are you willing to put up with for a romantic partner?
This one I somewhat prefer same age the most...
But probably at most five years.

And I know I am late on this one, but I I never care too much Toad's head...until I saw this confirming that top white thing was his head...

Edit:
SwiftKey is pretty broken when typing here...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Speaking of Illusion 100

How the hell did this Skyrim meme kick off right about when I started playing?

D

Deleted member

I’ll still think it’s gross.
I still think that's none of your business.
We don't kinkshame here.

This is a free kinkshaming zone*

*Except for those fetishes I listed the other day, those are just unnacceptable

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My Dragon Ball AU had to incorporate the family kamehameha. I added a saga after buu with Towa and Mira. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If people are happy and aren't hurting anyone let them be. That said, in my opinion, which I'm entitled to have, it's kinda squicky. However, that just means it's not for me. That's all.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Someone on SerenesForest organized the Echoes characters in the CYL2 for the males and females based on their ranking from that poll. This is the closest to an official Echoes popularity poll we'll probably ever get, something that has been oddly absent compared to past games.

Male character popularity rankings:

1) Alm
2) Kliff
3) Lukas
4) Conrad
5) Python
6) Luthier
7) Zeke
8) Leon
9) Forsyth
10) Saber
11) Valbar
12) Gray
13) Boey
14) Kamui
15) Atlas
16) Tobin
17) Deen
18) Mycen
19) Clive
20) Jesse
21) Nomah

Female character popularity rankings:

1) Celica
2) Delthea
3) Faye
4) Genny
5) Silque
6) Sonya
7) Mae
8) Catria
9) Clair
10) Tatiana
11) Palla
12) Mathilda
13) Est

Keep in mind this is only the playable characters that are accounted. Villains and NPCs are not included. However, if Berkut and Rinea were put in these rankings, they'd both be 3rd for the male and female rankings. Meanwhile Fernand managed to place between Gray and Boey.

So, any thoughts on this? Any character placements that surprised you? Any that you're glad to see high? Any that you feel the opposite towards?

For me, I'm quite quite happy to see two of my favorites, Conrad and Python, ranked very high compared to the other males, especially the latter since most often complain about how lackluster Python is as a unit. With their higher rankings compared to the other male Echoes characters, I'm hoping we'll see both characters in a future banner. Some characters that I wish were higher are Tobin, Gray, Boey, and Forsyth.

As for the females, I feel unsettled that Faye managed to score this high. Apparently, part of the reason for Faye's ranking is because of how popular is in Japan. In addition, characters with crushes or some kind of attraction to the main character tend to be popular from their series (just look at Tharja and Camilla from their respective games, Hinata from Naruto, Rem from Re:Zero, etc.). On the bright side, I'm glad to see best wing sister Catria win out on top compared to her other sisters. Now, if only Catria scored a bit higher.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
As for the females, I feel unsettled that Faye managed to score this high. Apparently, part of the reason for Faye's ranking is because of how popular is in Japan. In addition, characters with crushes or some kind of attraction to the main character tend to be popular from their series (just look at Tharja and Camilla from their respective games, Hinata from Naruto, Rem from Re:Zero, etc.). On the bright side, I'm glad to see best wing sister Catria win out on top compared to her other sisters. Now, if only Catria scored a bit higher.
You do need to be careful with your words. You mention how unsettling Faye being high is, yet you like that Catria is high, even though she has the whole "Unrequited Love" for her as well. It might not have been mentioned much in Echoes, but it is there is New Mystery. She is, after all, the inspiration for Cordelia, who is very popular.

That being said, Japan is weird when it comes to characters and tropes. Despite it appearing to favor tropes over character, popularity with characters seems to be either hit or miss. Some "Unrequited Love" or "Yandere" characters get popular while others seem to simply pass over. Faye is just one that seems to have gotten to people rather than pass over.
Than you have Brynhildr from Fate/GO and Japan doesn't appear to notice her except when it comes to Jeanne Alter, despite her being given a similar "Yandere"-like treatment in Fate/GO. But I say that loosely as she was handled much differently in Fate/Prototype Fragments(where she originated) while she was handled differently in Fate/GO for Waifu purposes.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
god do I miss the Starfy series

I think it's been almost 9 years since the last game on DS, and I have no idea why Nintendo hasn't touched the series ever since

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You do need to be careful with your words. You mention how unsettling Faye being high is, yet you like that Catria is high, even though she has the whole "Unrequited Love" for her as well. It might not have been mentioned much in Echoes, but it is there is New Mystery. She is, after all, the inspiration for Cordelia, who is very popular.
At least Catria has much more character to her in Echoes that isn't just limited to "I love Marth" compared to Faye, who only talks about her love for Alm and is very creepy with it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone on SerenesForest organized the Echoes characters in the CYL2 for the males and females based on their ranking from that poll. This is the closest to an official Echoes popularity poll we'll probably ever get, something that has been oddly absent compared to past games.

1) Alm
2) Kliff
3) Lukas
4) Conrad
5) Python
6) Luthier
7) Zeke
8) Leon
9) Forsyth
10) Saber
11) Valbar
12) Gray
13) Boey
14) Kamui
15) Atlas
16) Tobin
17) Deen
18) Mycen
19) Clive
20) Jesse
21) Nomah

1) Celica
2) Delthea
3) Faye
4) Genny
5) Silque
6) Sonya
7) Mae
8) Catria
9) Clair
10) Tatiana
11) Palla
12) Mathilda
13) Est

Keep in mind this is only the playable characters that are accounted. Villains and NPCs are not included. However, if Berkut and Rinea were put in these rankings, they'd both be 3rd for the male and female rankings. Meanwhile Fernand managed to place between Gray and Boey.

So, any thoughts on this? Any character placements that surprised you? Any that you're glad to see high? Any that you feel the opposite towards?

For me, I'm quite quite happy to see two of my favorites, Conrad and Python, ranked very high compared to the other males, especially the latter since most often complain about how lackluster Python is as a unit. With their higher rankings compared to the other male Echoes characters, I'm hoping we'll see both characters in a future banner. Some characters that I wish were higher are Tobin, Gray, Boey, and Forsyth.

I think the polling method was unreliable for a few reasons, honestly. Characters not in Heroes may have inflated scores, the Whitewings and Zeke are split up between games, and performance in Heroes crippled a few characters (notably Tobin, Clive, Mathilda, and Clair). The polling method, in that sense, made it less about popularity and more about who people wanted in Heroes.

Last edited:

Chrono.

1) Alm
2) Kliff
3) Lukas
4) Conrad
5) Python
6) Luthier
7) Zeke
8) Leon
9) Forsyth
10) Saber
11) Valbar
12) Gray
13) Boey
14) Kamui
15) Atlas
16) Tobin
17) Deen
18) Mycen
19) Clive
20) Jesse
21) Nomah

1) Celica
2) Delthea
3) Faye
4) Genny
5) Silque
6) Sonya
7) Mae
8) Catria
9) Clair
10) Tatiana
11) Palla
12) Mathilda
13) Est

Happy to see my boi Kliff up there.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I think the polling method was unreliable for a few reasons, honestly. Characters not in Heroes may have inflated scores, the Whitewings and Zeke are split up between games, and performance in Heroes crippled a few characters (notably Tobin, Clive, Mathilda, and Clair). The polling method, in that sense, made it less about popularity and more about who people wanted in Heroes.
That's a fair point, but I feel like Clive would probably still rank low on a normal popularity poll anyway since he seems to be generally unpopular from what I've seen of him on the Internet (a lot of people complain how "boring" he is as a character and how lackluster of a unit he is from his game, both of which are recipes for low ranking on normal popularity polls).

Ivander

Smash Legend
At least Catria has much more character to her in Echoes that isn't just limited to "I love Marth" compared to Faye, who only talks about her love for Alm and is very creepy with it.
Oh, I'm aware of that. I'm just saying to be careful with your words when it comes to characters cause knowing fans of a character or fans in general, they can twist your words easily, especially if you simply mention not liking a character for something about their character yet like a character who does have a similar trait, even if they were handled differently.
Just saying you got to be careful with your words, as fans of any nature can twist them to make them sound like "double standards."
Yeah, it was definitely more along the lines of a wish list rather than a popularity contest compared to the first one. I would also say that Fire Emblem Heroes memes and trends also played a part. Not just with Reinhardt, but considering popular characters in Heroes, like Nino, Ninian and whatnot are also high. Lukas being high wouldn't be a surprise if Heroes played a part in that, considering how popular he is as a High Defense character that can take little to no damage from even Axe characters and deliver a fatal Ignis attack in return.

D

Deleted member

I just want to say, any old users remember this profile picture I had?
Mario.jpg
If not, well this was my old profile picture before my more fabulous profile picture arrived.
<---- This profile picture is beautiful
Oh so we are going back to Fire Emblem discussions? Count me in! So we talking about Fire Emblem heroes over here? Okay, Marth is an interesting character.

D

Deleted member

Lukas is probably the sexiest FE character.
Not just his voice but that 51 Def and beyond that he can reach.
You guys don't know how much high Def units turn me on.
Oh, and those Ignis procs! Oh my!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
god do I miss the Starfy series

I think it's been almost 9 years since the last game on DS, and I have no idea why Nintendo hasn't touched the series ever since
i wonder why Nintendo hasn’t done anything with a lot of series in recent years. Hopefully they start reviving things on the switch soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom