• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, you never going to expand your market if you don't find for it. That also reminded, most USA games should have a Spanish translation in them, since if I remember correctly Spainish is actually the single spoken language in some parts of the USA, and is the 2nd most spoken language. Of course I'm referring to Mexican Spanish, for the translation.
I'd actually think Spanish is the most spoken language of America (the continent). Literally only Canada and the United States speak English and in the former's case, French. It also reminds me, why do most games use Castillan Spanish instead of Latin American Spanish? One would think that since the latter is more widespread, the games would rely on that one by default.

But take a look at a snippet of Nintendo's latest Q&A session:
  • The goal is to expand in Asia, the Middle East, and South America, while it’s still hard to say how big the market there will be

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Man I still need to finish watching the rest of the MCU movies before seeing Infinity War. I somehow managed to fall behind with it somewhat in the past 2 or so years, and I still need to see Ant Man, Civil War, Dr. Strange, Homecoming, and Black Panther.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
AHA!
That is what I was trying to do, fit in with you guys.
I wanted to be like you guys.
I was like for much of my time during my first year or so on this site.

Word of advice, even if it's been said by a few others already; don't go out of your way to try and fit in or impress anybody.

Though, to be blunt, I don't think any advice we give you is going to help you much at this rate. At the very least, not for some time to come.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I actually read a lot of books, but I just forget a lot in SmashBoards and stuff.

Yes, I know.

I will do it.

Why would you say intentional?
at this point its not a joke, a quip, an meme, or something

its going on purpose, to much to be not taken seriously, and its been exhausted in your face

we've all done it, not to the extent you have

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Let's see if I do reflect on the fact.
At least I done it less than I have earlier?
No. Not in the slightest.

Look, Shiny, I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything, but you apologize a LOT.
Mostly for things you've already apologized for before.
I'm pretty sure you've already apologized like, 2 or 3 times today.

On one hand, you're young, so I'm trying not to be mean about this. However, when you do this kind of stuff over and over again, without fail, several times per day, Apologies start to sound more and more disingenuous. Regardless of whether they are or not.

As for whether or not you'll reflect on your actions: You won't.
Maybe someday, later on in your life, you will, but soon?
No, I don't believe that you will.

Why would you say intentional?
Because it's getting harder and harder to believe you with each passing day.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shiny isn't intentionally not reading.

He just doesn't care enough to read.

That or he's so eager to say anything that he only looks for stuff he can adequately reply to.

So Shiny either cares so little that he doesn't read or he cares too much that he jumps the gun constantly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not again! >_<
No. Not in the slightest.

Look, Shiny, I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything, but you apologize a LOT.
Mostly for things you've already apologized for before.
I'm pretty sure you've already apologized like, 2 or 3 times today.

On one hand, you're young, so I'm trying not to be mean about this. However, when you do this kind of stuff over and over again, without fail, several times per day, Apologies start to sound more and more disingenuous. Regardless of whether they are or not.

As for whether or not you'll reflect on your actions: You won't.
Maybe someday, later on in your life, you will, but soon?
No, I don't believe that you will.

Because it's getting harder and harder to believe you with each passing day.
Yes, I have said too much.

Being myself is the only thing I can do at this point, in which I am doing right now.
Shiny isn't intentionally not reading.

He just doesn't care enough to read.

That or he's so eager to say anything that he only looks for stuff he can adequately reply to.

So Shiny either cares so little that he doesn't read or he cares too much that he jumps the gun constantly.
I do care, it is just I forget it a bit easily.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My whole life changed once I decided to be Larry David for one thing a day.

And I never apologize for that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'd actually think Spanish is the most spoken language of America (the continent). Literally only Canada and the United States speak English and in the former's case, French. It also reminds me, why do most games use Castillan Spanish instead of Latin American Spanish? One would think that since the latter is more widespread, the games would rely on that one by default.

• The goal is to expand in Asia, the Middle East, and South America, while it’s still hard to say how big the market there will be
As a native Latin American Spanish speaker, seeing the EU Spanish as the only spanish in some games pisses me a lot.

Either the translations are unsatisfactory or use phrases that can only be understood by Castillan Spanish speakers (glaring at you Pokémon)

Also some terms used in Spain are sexual innuendos in México.

Thankfully BotW having an actual Latin American dub seems to be the first right step.

If you read this u die irl.
NANI

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

I think its cause most companies can't be bothered with the Latin America Spainish tanslation, so just shove the translation meant for Spain on to Latin America releases, if they bother to release games in Latin America

But now I can't learn *Advanced Fooling*, which is needed to cheese the boss TheShinyLegendary.

Yes you can, you just learn in 5 levels earlier, then when you would if you got to evolve. :p

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of MCU, Hela from Thor Ragnarok kinda reminds me of the green costumed Bayonetta. Open spoiler and you'll see what I mean

upload_2018-4-29_23-43-49.png

Edit: hold on broken images -_-
Edit 2: Ok, we're good

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
View attachment 142597

If you die on the boards you die for real!
If shot Uni and Shishœ, multiple times on this board, this statement is completely false.

As a native Latin American Spanish speaker, seeing the EU Spanish as the only spanish in some games pisses me a lot.

Either the translations are unsatisfactory or use phrases that can only be understood by Castillan Spanish speakers (glaring at you Pokémon)

Also some terms used in Spain are sexual innuendos in México.

Thankfully BotW having an actual Latin American dub seems to be the first right step.
I get the same feeling you get when the UK, gets slapped with an USA English translation.

But still, Pokemon of all things, not getting a proper Latin America Spanish translation? That's dumb, considering its a big market, and it has a wide enough audience to justify going the extra mile, in doing a proper translation for that region.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How I feel:
Man, you're OK. We all have our periods of zone-out.

Just remember that you have something that none of us have, YOURSELF.

When you realize that the only person you need to impress is yourself, screw everyone else.

We're all too worried about ourselves to think badly of you even IF you did anything wrong.

Only YOU can be YOU, so be the best SHINYLEGENDARY the world has ever seen!

-Self Help Guru Pazzo

D

Deleted member

Man, you're OK. We all have our periods of zone-out.

Just remember that you have something that none of us have, YOURSELF.

When you realize that the only person you need to impress is yourself, screw everyone else.

We're all too worried about ourselves to think badly of you even IF you did anything wrong.

Only YOU can be YOU, so be the best SHINYLEGENDARY the world has ever seen!

-Self Help Guru Pazzo
Good advice.
Trust me, keep in mind I will mature soon.

You guys have a lot of patience for me, especially you Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ( I upset Swamp a lot of times I think, IDK ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
.....but i've murdered uni probs in the hundreds by now :V
There's a logical explanation for this.

Every time you killed Uni, he ended up in a different afterlife.
The first time, he went to heaven, the second time, Hell, the third, Jannah, the fourth, Skyworld, the Fifth, the Underwhere, and so on and so forth.

At this point, you've killed Uni so many times that he has looped back around to being alive.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

The first time, he went to heaven, the second time, Hell, the third, Jannah, the fourth, Skyworld, the Fifth, the Underwhere, and so on and so forth.

At this point, you've killed Uni so many times that he has looped back around to being alive.
It helped me witness the kaleidoscope that is the multiversal stream of all existences.

It's quite wonderful... though maddening.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
.....but i've murdered uni probs in the hundreds by now :V
Every time you kill him when you go to bed you wake into an alternate universe where Uni is still alive.

So you’ve both killed him frequently and evaded police everytime but also never killed him.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

that just made no damn sense and i don't think i want to bother even responding more than the word jannah
Every time you kill him when you go to bed you wake into an alternate universe where Uni is still alive.

So you’ve both killed him frequently and evaded police everytime but also never killed him.
that makes more sense :V

so i'm a dimension hopper, awesome

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

that just made no damn sense and i don't think i want to bother even responding more than the word jannah

that makes more sense :V

so i'm a dimension hopper, awesome
Yes but without the satisfaction of Uni staying dead.

D

Deleted member

I took a whole year off. Maybe you don't need that long, but feel free to escape to the outside world beyond our multicolored digital concrete.
The outside world? Public can be a bit scary sometimes. :(

I am making an oath to be myself. In fact, putting that in my profile.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I went on a nearly-month long hiatus once, which I suppose isn't very long in the grand scheme of things, but I've largely lowered my activity on this site since I returned from that hiatus. I spend less time here overall and my posts are more sporadic now, to the point where I barely lurk here on some days, if even that.

The length one needs to take for a hiatus varies between everyone, but I highly recommend taking at least a few at some point. We've all still got lives outside of this site, and sometimes being completely away from it is for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom