• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I, for one, like Sony.

I'm just not sure how well Sony will do.

I know they have TLOU2 but... the first one's ending kind of soured the whole thing for me.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This Nintendo Zone is weirdly anti-Sony.
I don't get it either. Good games are good games, regardless of the system they are on.

Well, I sort of get it, since consoles are expensive so most people get 1, maybe 2 if you have a larger family or income. So people defend their brand as a means to defend their choices.

I don't own a Switch, a member of my Family does. And the PS4 is for everyone where I'm at, though I did chip in on some games and DLC stuff.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nintendo will reveal some cool things, I'm sure, but I heavily doubt its anything more hype than TES 6, Doom Eternal AND a new IP in Starfield. I mean, if Smash was still in the pocket, maybe, but we know its there, so its not as hype in comparison. :073:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I don’t get why Cuphead added a new playable character. Cuphead and Mugman play the exact same. Like is the dlc 3 player compatible or what?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm definitely looking forward to whatever Sony has to show.

I just hope whatever they have to show is better than last year's conference. And PSX, but we can't talk about that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nintendo will reveal some cool things, I'm sure, but I heavily doubt its anything more hype than TES 6, Doom Eternal AND a new IP in Starfield. I mean, if Smash was still in the pocket, maybe, but we know its there, so its not as hype in comparison. :073:
Knowing it exists but nothing else is pretty much like not knowing it so it’s still hype.

D

Deleted member

If the Direct only featured Smash Bros., I'd probably be a lot more mixed about it. It's great, but personally that's not what I'm looking forward to. It's another multiplayer game and I've played plenty of those already on Switch. The fact a Smash Bros. game was launching on the 3DS made the hype worth it four years ago. I don't think this will bring anything much to the table. Of course, Smash being multiplayer-centric doesn't mean it's bad, but that's the whole point of it, I mean.

Now if Nintendo doesn't bring Bayo 3 up at all during the Direct, then my hype would be deflated and I'm ironically expecting that to happen because well, it's Nintendo we're talking about. They always **** up.

I tried getting into Sony and Microsoft ecosystems and they just didn't click for me. Like I said many times before, my PSP was mainly used for homebrew/emulation, and the Xbox 360 was sold to a pawnshop after one and a half years, and I never paid for a Gold subscription when I had it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Knowing it exists but nothing else is pretty much like not knowing it so it’s still hype.
We know the Inklings are playable and we knew it was going to be discussed at E3. While news of the game is hype, its nowhere as hype as the day it was unveiled.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sony's problem last year was they didn't have much new in the way of announcements. They tried to hype up PSX saying E3 was only "half the story" but then had even less to reveal at PSX. We keep getting told to wait but waiting but the waiting has yet to ammount to anything.

I think it's smart to temper expectations like they have now, saying they'll focus on 4 already announced games. Very Nintendo like imo, comparable to Nintendo's E3 2016. Death Stranding, Spider-Man and Last of Us II have respectable numbers looking forward to them and I expect Ghosts of Tsushima to draw in a similar crowd. If there are new things, it'll be a pleasant surprise but I don't think people should be writing off Sony if they don't have anything new.

Can't say any of the games they're showing excite me a lot. I might get Spider-Man but I'm more excited for Spyro come September. If I get another game then, it'll be a toss up between Tomb Raider and Spidey but even then I'd probably just wait and ask for one of them as a Christmas gift.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I probably be very happy about some of the games that were announced, if I sleeped well that is.

Still, ****ty night aside, I'm hype as hell for Vesperia on Switch, you can't imagine it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sony and Nintendo both have their work cut out for them. Bethesda and Microsoft kicked ass this year and I have absolutely no problem admitting that Nintendo may not meet those levels. Not even with Smash. Hopefully, these conferences are just the beginning and they saved the best two for last, Sony and Nintendo, but I don’t know. These two were bloody fantastic.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
TLOU had an ending most people don't like because they either weren't paying any attention to the story and Joel's character, or because it had a "bad" ending.

I for one loved it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
That KH3 trailer today as wild. And we aren't even at Square's presentation yet...
I herd there are claims that we have more trailers to see.

I hope we get the one from the orchestra yesterday plus a new one.
Big Hero 6 footage and an Atlantis: The Lost Empire world would be swell.

And then there's the whole possibility that Sora in Smash Bros might actually be a thing. Holy hell. We might only be at the tip of the iceberg here.

----

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What if Snake reutnrs to Smash?
Me personally? They win by default of my nuclear explosion of a reaction over that single fact. Everyone else? I guess it depends on who else, and how many, they show. Not to mention they need Prime 4, Star Fox, a surprise ip, a bunch of 3rd Party Support, at least one 3rd party exclusive, and a ball-busting-out-of-nowhere-announcement. Xbox had all of those and I have no doubt PlayStation will get close as hell to them too though.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sony and Nintendo both have their work cut out for them. Bethesda and Microsoft kicked *** this year and I have absolutely no problem admitting that Nintendo may not meet those levels. Not even with Smash. Hopefully, these conferences are just the beginning and they saved the best two for last, Sony and Nintendo, but I don’t know. These two were bloody fantastic.
Nintendo isn't -just- bringing Smash, you know.

Fire Emblem and Prime 4 are likely to show, and you know how Nintendo fans are about Metroid.

Main low point I can see is a Let's Go segment that two thirds of the audience will be cringing through, but since Smash is the focus and there's like three different announced games with no gameplay piled up at this point I don't necessarily see that as taking up a massive amount of the presentation.

I didn't even watch and I can tell some good presentations have happened outside of the "usual suspects" for once, though. And I don't expect Sony to top it because I think they've blown their load for the time being. Nintendo has been pacing themselves and ramping up.

Chrono.

Microsoft was fun, though I'm now realizing a lot of the games I'm excited for I'm just getting on PS4 or Switch...

Forza Horizon 4 being the exception.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We know the Inklings are playable and we knew it was going to be discussed at E3. While news of the game is hype, its nowhere as hype as the day it was unveiled.
If they drag the Inkling stuff for too long, the presentation overall may suffer unless it is long enough.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Me personally? They win by default of my nuclear explosion of a reaction over that single fact. Everyone else? I guess it depends on who else, and how many, they show. Not to mention they need Prime 4, Star Fox, a surprise ip, a bunch of 3rd Party Support, at least one 3rd party exclusive, and a ball-busting-out-of-nowhere-announcement. Xbox had all of those and I have no doubt PlayStation will get close as hell to them too though.
They need F-Zero. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom