• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't really consider a 5 second helicopter shot of a game we all knew was coming anyway to be that hype inducing, lol.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The only Bethesda series that I've really gotten into was Doom. Obviously, I'll have to change that (I have Skyrim for the Xbox 360 and Fallout 3 for PC), but I have a really tough time getting into open world games.

Still, it was an all right press conference, and I'm excited for Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Youngblood.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
This has nothing to do with Bethesda but,

Update on my Ultra Sun playthrough (if anyone reads this . . . lol):

Just beat Lana's trial. At first I was a little worried about the Totem Pokemon, but two of my team members are flying type (even though one's quad-weak to ice), so that battle didn't take too long.

Also, my Golbat just evolved into a Crobat. Even though it evolved from a Zubat to a Crobat only about 1 or 2 levels ago. :confused: So that's cool.

As for how I feel about the game itself so far, it hasn't felt overly different from Sun and Moon, but it's been a while since I played them, so I'm not too bothered by it. There are some changes that are a nice touch though. Overall, I'm having fun with it.

Also, TIL that I could have caught a Zorua back at the Trainer's School.
Well, it looks like I know one of the first things I'm doing once I get the ability to fly with Charizard.

And my current team, for those curious:

Dartrix (nicknamed Takumi), Level 24
Crobat, Level 23
Crabrawler, Level 22
Herdier, Level 20
Growlithe, Level 21
An egg( placeholder for either Alolan Persian (Level 20) or Zorua if I manage to catch one).

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Very interested in Starfield in particular. Bethesda making a new IP in space has me all sorts of hyped.

Also interesting to note that we didn't see the subtitle to the Elder Scrolls VI. Wonder which region we're going to, or maybe we'll have multiple?

Fallout 76 looks great, but I've one main concern. Can we play it online with friends and only friends, or will online with friends force us into a world with other players?

D

Deleted member

Elder Scrolls VI?
Good job Bethesda!!!!
I was disappointed about the mobile game, but then Elder Scrolls VI made me appreciate the conference.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Fallout 76 looks great, but I've one main concern. Can we play it online with friends and only friends, or will online with friends force us into a world with other players?
He was very specific about the fact that every character in the game is human controlled. Which is why the "you can play solo" is an Obi-Wan Kenobi level lie.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait hold up. Which region though? Argonia???
*checks to see what the heck they showed*

Bruh that's Elsweyr.

Too much land for Summerset, too little trees for Black Marsh or Valenwood. The closest I'd call that would be an odd mix of tropical environment and badlands, which is exactly what Elsweyr is defined as. And it's a coastal region that seems anchored somewhere on the middle edge of the continent from what we can see.

Which is FRICKING PERFECT because Altmer are dumb and boring and Black Marsh is apparently darn near inhospitable for non-Argonians.

Unless they do a curveball and it's part of Akavir, which aside from some extremes we know functionally nothing about. But if it's Tamriel I'm gonna say Elsweyr.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*checks to see what the heck they showed*

Bruh that's Elsweyr.

Too much land for Summerset, too little trees for Black Marsh or Valenwood. The closest I'd call that would be an odd mix of tropical environment and badlands, which is exactly what Elsweyr is defined as. And it's a coastal region that seems anchored somewhere on the middle edge of the continent from what we can see.

Which is FRICKING PERFECT because Altmer are dumb and boring and Black Marsh is apparently darn near inhospitable for non-Argonians.

Unless they do a curveball and it's part of Akavir, which aside from some extremes we know functionally nothing about. But if it's Tamriel I'm gonna say Elsweyr.
I don't see any jungles so I'm not sure about that.

D

Deleted member

Everyone.
Microsoft or Bethesda's conference? I want more answers please.
Not because of attention, just to know why.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Will TESVI finally be the game to show off Akavir?

No. Keep dreaming.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Everyone.
Microsoft or Bethesda's conference? I want more answers please.
Not because of attention, just to know why.
Look. I respect both side's conferences. Microsoft had a much better presentation, but Beth gave us a new Doom, TES 6 and Star field. You're not beating that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't see any jungles so I'm not sure about that.
We're a bit far out to tell, but I was mostly going off the tree color.

That doesn't look like the geography of the High Rock/Hammerfell area, though. The Alik'r is more Sahara-esque IIRC, this is much more lush and has a more rocky structure to it. Almost looks like a savanna in places, which is. . .well, what happens partway between jungles and deserts.

Hang on, let me get a map of Tamriel.

It's, um. . .actually what is that curve?

There's a part of Elsweyr that does match, though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We're a bit far out to tell, but I was mostly going off the tree color.

That doesn't look like the geography of the High Rock/Hammerfell area, though. The Alik'r is more Sahara-esque IIRC, this is much more lush and has a more rocky structure to it. Almost looks like a savanna in places, which is. . .well, what happens partway between jungles and deserts.

Hang on, let me get a map of Tamriel.

It's, um. . .actually what is that curve?

There's a part of Elsweyr that does match, though.
I was gonna bring up my research findings but you beat me to it.

Also idiot me forgot TES 2 was in High Rock.

Think you might be onto something. If it is based in Elswer, then that means we might possibly get new playable Khajiit races. But I'll leave it there because I have to go to bed for work tomorrow.

But yes. Thank you for bringing this up. I'll do more digging later.
So Bethesda?
Yes.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So... now that we finally got a reveal for Devil May Cry 5 can we all admit that DmC isn't actually a bad game?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know Knight Dude Knight Dude will enjoy this.
YEAH!!!! Now I get to fight RICHAAAAAAAAAAARD!

So... now that we finally got a reveal for Devil May Cry 5 can we all admit that DmC isn't actually a bad game?
It's better than DMC2. Though the color coded enemies and ease of getting high ranks in combos still holds it back.

Chrono.

Mechanically it was always an alright game, the definitive edition made it even better.

Writing wise? It was a mess beyond repair. None of the characters were likeable at all, the over the top cheesiness was gone, etc.

Overall I find it better than DMC1 and 2 just for the gameplay alone. But much worse than 3 and 4. So pretty much a middle of the pack game for me.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Lmao y'all roasting Fallout
Personally prefer Futaba but being a bit torn between the two I respect your call.

Anyway good on ya clearing it dude, dug the writeup. Glad to see it touched you as well.
Futaba felt more like a little sister type to me than a waifu.

Now new game plus on the other hand...I still have a lot to do including maxing out my social skills which I only got like 3 of them maxed in the first game lmao

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Kill Nazis with your friends and Doom 2 were hype alongside the Rage segment and Todd's Skyrim joke. They went all out so I can respect that.

Devolver **** their one away with the maga "joke"

D

Deleted member

I am sorry about this, but I think Sony will not do that good in E3.
I am hoping it will not be EA levels of bad though.

Microsoft and Bethesda did really well. :)

I am hoping Nintendo does successful, same with Square Enix.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
This has nothing to do with Bethesda but,

Update on my Ultra Sun playthrough (if anyone reads this . . . lol):

Just beat Lana's trial. At first I was a little worried about the Totem Pokemon, but two of my team members are flying type (even though one's quad-weak to ice), so that battle didn't take too long.

Also, my Golbat just evolved into a Crobat. Even though it evolved from a Zubat to a Crobat only about 1 or 2 levels ago. :confused: So that's cool.

As for how I feel about the game itself so far, it hasn't felt overly different from Sun and Moon, but it's been a while since I played them, so I'm not too bothered by it. There are some changes that are a nice touch though. Overall, I'm having fun with it.

Also, TIL that I could have caught a Zorua back at the Trainer's School.
Well, it looks like I know one of the first things I'm doing once I get the ability to fly with Charizard.

And my current team, for those curious:

Dartrix (nicknamed Takumi), Level 24
Crobat, Level 23
Crabrawler, Level 22
Herdier, Level 20
Growlithe, Level 21
An egg( placeholder for either Alolan Persian (Level 20) or Zorua if I manage to catch one).
Alright I'll bite. What's the best way to evolve Golbat to Crobat? I'd like to use one but I am horrible with the friendship parts (Even in XD, it took me 20-30 levels before Golbat finally evolved with high friendship)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom