• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am sorry about this, but I think Sony will not do that good in E3.
I am hoping it will not be EA levels of bad though.

Microsoft and Bethesda did really well. :)

I am hoping Nintendo does successful, same with Square Enix.
Well they are only showing 4 games.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
All right.
I should of not said it was going to be bad, but I hope they announce "really good" games.
Spyro Remake is one of them. The Spiderman remake, maybeeee....
But both those games are already announced.

If you look "really good games" up in the dictionary, it's just a picture of the Naughty Dog log.

D

Deleted member

But both those games are already announced.

If you look "really good games" up in the dictionary, it's just a picture of the Naughty Dog log.
True true.....
Disappointed in Sony for ONLY 4 games! Ah well. :p

Also Portal 2 actually made me laugh out loud just now. Games rarely do that to me. Like not just chuckling, literally laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People talk of monsters as though they're only fairy tales. I'll tell you the truth, there's things out there, but they aren't anything like what you've been told about. Yes, you've been told that pretty often too. Ha ha. But I'll tell you, there's two types of things out there beyond where mankind has seen in centuries: animals and monsters. And monsters, real monsters? They aren't anything like what you've been told they are.

See, people confuse animals for monsters often. It doesn't matter if you've never seen anything like it before. It doesn't matter if it's a big rabbit, or a small tiger, or even if something walks on two legs and carries around spears. There's an argument for that last one being people, but not monsters. They're entirely flesh and blood, the same as you or I. They live their lives, have the same motivations as any other animals or people, and they're just as scared of real monsters as we are.

Real monsters, they aren't entirely like us in that sense. Most of them have at least some flesh and blood, either as parasites or as a mix or just as some kind of costume. But there's another layer to it. Call it "magic," call it whatever. I'm sure in this day and age people can come up with a better name for it. The point is that it doesn't follow any laws of physics as we understand it. Hell, maybe the stuff creates it's own laws of physics, I dunno. It comes in a few different forms, but it's not something that humans or other animals innately have. So put that out of your head, people aren't born wizards.

One of the weakest kinds of monsters is a parasite that latches on to people. You can't see it or feel it, it doesn't even really exist in any physical way, but it messes with a person, alters them. Strong starlight forces it to hibernate, something about the radiation maybe, but when it gets enough breathing room. . .it comes out. Takes a person's body and warps it out of control. Ones that don't have any kind of set "blueprint" are the nastiest, they just keep tugging and tugging until the victim is just a mangled pile of flesh. But once they've claimed one victim, they have an identity of sorts. And as for the next thing it jumps to. . .it tries to pull it into being whatever the first thing was before it tore it to shreds. You may not believe me, but that's what Lycanthropy is. It's a lot more than wolves, but wolves were the only ones to survive for long on earth after the isolation period started. The transfer by bite? That's how it reproduces. It buds off a piece of it's existing "blueprint" and shoves it into another host. Each time one manages to successfully make a brand new blueprint from the initial botched attempt and then transfer to a beta host, that's a new strain of Lycanthrope. Usually they'll hit some animal in it's sleep and then a human or other curious intelligent species will notice the deformed corpse and come into transfer range for that to start.

But that's just one of the weaker kinds of monsters. They're not super common, not super scary, heck you don't even really need silver to take one down. You want something really horrific. . .they get bigger. A lot bigger. The biggest monsters we know of don't need a host at all like the little ones, they can just eat some dirt and rocks off the ground and make any kind of body they want out of it. It doesn't even have to be a body made of rocks, they can take rocks and turn it into gold, or flesh, or trees that grow plastic outhouses for all they care. The only reason why they're the biggest that we know of is because any bigger monsters out there probably can't even comfortably fit on a planet. These things. I can say that they're so and so meters tall, it doesn't mean anything. I can say they're as big as so and so object, it barely offers a point of reference. But if one were to stand up like a person in a sort of humanoid shape with every last bit of it's presence and look you right in the eye, it would cast a shadow as far as you could see. You under that shadow? Oh, good, it's probably blotting out the sun, too. Not that they won't emit their own light or something. And they can shatter into pieces, too, each one still fully under it's control as thought it were still part of the main body. You want to know how people get magic? If you're stupid or unlucky enough, one of these things might worm part of itself under your skin. Make itself cozy. Start invading your thoughts, messing with you a lot like the little ones, but instead of one fixed possibility there's an infinite number. People make pacts with these things, worship them like gods. I wouldn't go that far, but there's a reason why that is. And you darn well better not risk finding out why.
CLUTCH

Writing's done. *ding!*

With ten minutes to spare LOL

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I had the ****tiest night ever (remember me to NEVER go too soon to bed), but otherwise, I'm fine...I think.

In any way,

We are getting close, boi.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I had the ****tiest night ever (remember me to NEVER go too soon to bed), but otherwise, I'm fine...I think.

In any way,

We are getting close, boi.
SO CLOSE!!!!!!!
Will Nintendo beat Xbox and Bethesda in E3? :O

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so the best game from soft has ever made is finally leaving japan
i said it once ill say it again
LETS PARTY!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All right.
I should of not said it was going to be bad, but I hope they announce "really good" games.
Spyro Remake is one of them. The Spiderman remake, maybeeee....
The Spider-Man game isn't a remake. Since it has an original story.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was gonna bring up my research findings but you beat me to it.

Also idiot me forgot TES 2 was in High Rock.

Think you might be onto something. If it is based in Elswer, then that means we might possibly get new playable Khajiit races. But I'll leave it there because I have to go to bed for work tomorrow.

But yes. Thank you for bringing this up. I'll do more digging later.

Yes.
Not just more playable Khajiit races.

Let's not forget that at least two races of Khajiit are suitable as mounts (although only one is likely small enough to be player-suitable), and another one is basically a mage housecat. All determined by what phase of the moon they were born under.

Khajiit are a darn funky race when you get down to it.

That's not even getting into the fact that moon sugar (I.E. drugsdrugsdrugs) is in nearly everything they eat and their interpretations of Aedra and Daedra are just downright off the wall. Oh hey, you see the Big Bad of Oblivion? No biggie, but he's a kitten because as we all know kittens trash everything. I don't even know which ones out of both the Aedric and Daedric pantheons they follow, they seem to credit Azura(h) with their transformation into what they are now with themselves being her favorites out of the races.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd be happy if the only game they show is Last of Us II.
I can see where you're coming from. I don't care about the Last of Us personally, but if we're talking Spider-Man for Sony, that'd be all I need. Though I'm sure there's gonna be some decent suprise coming up.

For Nintendo, Prime 4 is the thing I'm most looking forward too. But obviously, I want to see Smash 5 too.

D

Deleted member

Considering how much of an arguably blind supporter of Nintendo you are, I bet you were one of those who were super excited and screamed that Nintendo won E3 2016 even though they only had a single game.

If I'm right, that is straight up hypocrisy :V
WAIT, NINTENDO E3 2016 ONLY HAD ONE GAME? -_-
I am not a die-hard Nintendo lover, but I really like Nintendo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sony had 2016's E3 as a win.

Now if only the release date for Metal Wolf was shown.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well at least BOTW was good.
Now I am a little more hopeful for Sony.
Lets hope the 4 games are good.
Yeah.

Less quantity does NOT mean less quantity.

Even if you look at E3 2017, the real highlights there were Metroid's rebirth (Samus Returns + Prime 4), Odyssey, and the BotW DLC. A lot more stuff was announced than that, but those three things were by far the biggest.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Considering how much of an arguably blind supporter of Nintendo you are, I bet you were one of those who were super excited and screamed that Nintendo won E3 2016 even though they only had a single game.

If I'm right, that is straight up hypocrisy :V
Whaaaat? Shiny's taking my title of blind Nintendo fan away from me? :troll:

But really the only thing from Sony I care about is Ratchet and Clank games and they literally haven't progressed the plot since I got into the series. Literally all they've done is run a subplot thread that ended where it started and Bus Crash two characters in the most un satisfying way possible.

I just don't think Sony has any real heavy hitters to give on the table for this year regardless of how many games they've got. They've had multiple "good" years in a row, that streak doesn't stick. Meanwhile Nintendo's had two "eh" years followed by an E3 that was basically "stay tuned for next E3" alongside a couple of non-E3 announcements on the same lines, so I expect that to have a payoff.

Microsoft and Bethesda weren't even on my radar prior to this but I guess that speaks to how long they've had everything cooking themselves.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If this E3 were just Smash Nintendo would still win honestly. So the fact that it likely isn’t just Smash makes it hard to beat.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Whaaaat? Shiny's taking my title of blind Nintendo fan away from me? :troll:

But really the only thing from Sony I care about is Ratchet and Clank games and they literally haven't progressed the plot since I got into the series. Literally all they've done is run a subplot thread that ended where it started and Bus Crash two characters in the most un satisfying way possible.

I just don't think Sony has any real heavy hitters to give on the table for this year regardless of how many games they've got. They've had multiple "good" years in a row, that streak doesn't stick. Meanwhile Nintendo's had two "eh" years followed by an E3 that was basically "stay tuned for next E3" alongside a couple of non-E3 announcements on the same lines, so I expect that to have a payoff.

Microsoft and Bethesda weren't even on my radar prior to this but I guess that speaks to how long they've had everything cooking themselves.
I fully expect Mortal Kombat 11 in Sony's presentation, not gonna lie.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Alright, can someone tell me what was all announced at Microsoft and Bethesda's presentation? My twitter timeline's been screaming about the Kamen Rider Build movie trailer instead
Off the top of my head, Microsoft announced:
Devil May Cry 5 - Nero's the protagonist
Halo Infinite - New Halo Game
New Gears of War
The Division 2
Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice - From Software's new game set in Sengoku Japan
Cuphead DLC/Expansion - Delicious Last Course
BATTLETOADS
Jump Force - A Shonen Jump game

Bethesda had
DOOM Eternal (DOOM sequel)
Announcement of Elder Scrolls 6
New IP in Starfield
Skyrim coming to Samsung Fridges
Elder Scrolls Blade for Mobile
Fallout 76 Details and launch date of November 14
Rage 2 details
Prey Free DLC
Fallout Shelter coming to Switch
Co-op Wolfenstein

So yeah, that's a pretty fair overview of what happened at both the Microsoft and Bethesda Press Conferences; apologies if I missed anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Off the top of my head, Microsoft announced:
Devil May Cry 5 - Nero's the protagonist
Halo Infinite - New Halo Game
New Gears of War
The Division 2
Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice - From Software's new game set in Sengoku Japan
Cuphead DLC/Expansion - Delicious Last Course
BATTLETOADS
Jump Force - A Shonen Jump game

Bethesda had
DOOM Eternal (DOOM sequel)
Announcement of Elder Scrolls 6
New IP in Starfield
Skyrim coming to Samsung Fridges
Elder Scrolls Blade for Mobile
Fallout 76 Details and launch date of November 14
Rage 2 details
Prey Free DLC
Fallout Shelter coming to Switch
Co-op Wolfenstein

So yeah, that's a pretty fair overview of what happened at both the Microsoft and Bethesda Press Conferences; apologies if I missed anything.
Wait didn't Vergeben call a Jump game? **** man there's only 36 hours I can't take this

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, can someone tell me what was all announced at Microsoft and Bethesda's presentation? My twitter timeline's been screaming about the Kamen Rider Build movie trailer instead
Dude, just Google it.

Also Devil May Cry 5 is coming out. Because it feels good to type it out.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gods the thought of Snake coming back to Smash is exciting!

I’ll be able to use my 2 Brawl mains again!

Ivander

Smash Legend
This Nintendo Zone is weirdly anti-Sony.
I'm pretty sure this NZ is more Nintendo-hyped than anti-Sony.

That being said, I am excited for Spyro and Spiderman. Was never interested in Uncharted or Last of Us however.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wait didn't Vergeben call a Jump game? **** man there's only 36 hours I can't take this
Yeah, some people on the Official Character Discussion thread noticed this announcement too - apparently Vergeben claimed that the same person who leaked Ridley to him was the same person who leaked this Shonen Jump game as well...

If this is all real, then there's going to be unbelievable amounts of hype. Maybe it'll make it worth staying up until 2AM in the morning Australian time.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This Nintendo Zone is weirdly anti-Sony.
Funny enough, more people here seem to like Sony games than people on the Insomniac forums a few years back seemed to like Nintendo games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom