• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Indeed.
I just need to learn more about other fighting games, sorry for putting that controversial opinion in there.
So far, Smash Bros. is my favorite fighting series by a long shot.
Haha don't be sorry.

It's debatable not controversial.

In the end it comes down to opinion since everyone has a preference for a certain gameplay.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
MAN, I remember how much people hated Gen 5 when it first came out.

Not the best flashbacks, heh. . .
Super duper late reply to this comment but yeah I was one of those people. That was back when I was a Genwunner/Gentwoer

To this day I still don't like the batch of PKMN introduced in that game. BW and it's sequels were my favorites story-wise though.

D

Deleted member

I have a question, what is the list of Smash Bros. games that is your favorite?
Here is mine:
( Never played Super Smash Bros. for 3DS lol )
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U > Melee >> 64 > Brawl

I love all Smash Bros. games. Even Brawl. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Smash is the only fighting game series I enjoy tbh.
Even then, I have some big issues with each of the currently existing games in the series.
64: hasn't aged well
Melee: too fast, also hasn't aged well, also the roster is pretty boring
Brawl "...Too slow!" :sonic:
Sm4sh: Best physics and roster, worst mode selection if you want to play it in single player
I also enjoy Pokken but that's probably because I'm a Pokemon fanatic.

D

Deleted member

Melee: too fast, also hasn't aged well, also the roster is pretty boring
Melee is not "too fast".
Melee is actualy a lot less faster than people think.
Melee aged incredibly well, actually. It is still very popular today and it feels smooth to play.

I am not the biggest Melee fan, I always prefer Smash 4, but still. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"Alright, I know I have to wait 24 hours, but let's try again to see if anything is differ-"
*You can't change your nick again*
"****"

TFW Saber goes Ultra Instinct

Also I think Archer's identitywas spoiled and that makes me sad because it would be absurd if it's' true.
:061:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm really thankful for what Disney has done with the MCU and all.

It's just... the mcu is overshadowing the comics themselves a lot. Which really bugs me. So darn mainstream...

The next generation is not going to know the avengers are comic book characters.

I also dislike the way Marvel is treating the X-men and F4 in all media. Good thing Marvel's first family is making a come back in the comic book market.
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Don't get me wrong, as a kid, I still liked Captain America and Black Panther(he just looks sick) whenever I did see them. Buuuuut...

Spider-Man Franchise > X-MEN >>>>> Cap/Panther/Dare Devil >>>> Ghost Rider and Blade >>>>>> Everything else in Marvel.

Hell, Spider-Man and X-Men are my favorite comic IPs hands down.

There's nothing hype about Hawkeye and Falcon, and the Guardians can't even have the main man Nova show up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
64 is the best Smash game, fight me, every characters can do stupid stuff, even the bad one.

The small roster make it also the most balanced of all Smash games.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here is mine:

I think the one I got mostly more entertained with was Melee, because I had to get EVERYTHING in to twice thanks to a cousin of mine that did the ****ing funny thing of erasing my save file. It was the game I wanted the most at the time, but I got Kirby Air Ride instead, some time later, Melee came.

Second would be Smash 64, if it wasn't for that game, I wouldn't be here right now, that and because of Rayman 2, both in amulator.

Third...Brawl, got pretty good moments playing against my classmates, and it made me want to have Riddles as playable, but I got bored of it after a while.

And lastly, Smash 4, firstly because I only played one time at a friend's birthday party, and its speculation days were awful for me, making the contrary to Brawl, not wanting Ridley or Rayman as playable.

D

Deleted member

I prefer Smash 4 over Melee, but.....
Melee is good.
Can anyone wave-dash, multi-shine and L-cancel? :foxmelee:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pranked my neighbor today through texting. Here's the text chain.

(F is neighbor, B is me)

F: "Hey Bryan, I need your help moving this bed out of my house, can you come over, please?"
B: "I can."
F: "Appreciate it."

*one hour later*

F: "Dude where are you?"
B: "At my house."
F: "I thought you said you were coming over."
B: "No I didn't."
F: "You sent me a text saying 'I can'."
B: "Correct."
F: "I don't have time for this. Can you come over or not?"
B: "I can."
F: "Okay.

*one hour later*

F: "Where are you?"
B: "At my house."

I haven't heard from him since. :troll:
You glorious ****er. Well played :denzel:

funny but that is kinda ----ish to them XD
still surprised they didn't detect the difference of i can and i will lol
Nice Censor Chevrolet :V

Inb4 **** is uncensored for real.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Indeed.
I just need to learn more about other fighting games, sorry for putting that controversial opinion in there.
So far, Smash Bros. is my favorite fighting series by a long shot.
Have you played any other fighting game to say that?

Here is mine:

Honestly, I can't really say.

Smash Wii U is the only one I really cared for in a serious, competitive way, so it's my favorite.

64 is my least favorite simply because there's way less options (no air dodge, no side special, etc.)

3DS is also one of my least favorites because the 3DS is just a really bad console for Smash. Was constantly afraid to break the Circle Pad, especially since I never got the game myself and was simply borrowing from friends. And the lack of C-stick is just a huge "NOPE!"

The other two? I can't really say much. Played them too casually for my opinion to matter.

Melee is not "too fast".
Melee is actualy a lot less faster than people think.
Melee aged incredibly well, actually. It is still very popular today and it feels smooth to play.

I am not the biggest Melee fan, I always prefer Smash 4, but still. :p
He was sharing his opinion, Shiny.

For you, it may not be too fast, but for him, it may be.

Opinions differ.

TFW Saber goes Ultra Instinct

Also I think Archer's identitywas spoiled and that makes me sad because it would be absurd if it's' true.
:061:
What are you talking about? :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

64 is the best Smash game, fight me, every characters can do stupid stuff, even the bad one.

The small roster make it also the most balanced of all Smash games.
Smash 64 is actually fun.
I like how there is a lot of hitstun which can lead to wacky combos.
I think the one I got mostly more entertained with was Melee, because I had to get EVERYTHING in to twice thanks to a cousin of mine that did the ****ing funny thing of erasing my save file. It was the game I wanted the most at the time, but I got Kirby Air Ride instead, some time later, Melee came.

Second would be Smash 64, if it wasn't for that game, I wouldn't be here right now, that and because of Rayman 2, both in amulator.

Third...Brawl, got pretty good moments playing against my classmates, and it made me want to have Riddles as playable, but I got bored of it after a while.

And lastly, Smash 4, firstly because I only played one time at a friend's birthday party, and its speculation days were awful for me, making the contrary to Brawl, not wanting Ridley or Rayman as playable.
Cool stories! :)
Smash 4 is actually fun when you get really into it. I love Smash 4, but I can understand why Smash 4 is your least favorite. :p

Have you played any other fighting game to say that?

Honestly, I can't really say.

Smash Wii U is the only one I really cared for in a serious, competitive way, so it's my favorite./

64 is my least favorite simply because there's way less options (no air dodge, no side special, etc.)

3DS is also one of my least favorites because the 3DS is just a really bad console for Smash. Was constantly afraid to break the Circle Pad, especially since I never got the game myself and was simply borrowing from friends. And the lack of C-stick is just a huge "NOPE!"

He was sharing his opinion, Shiny.

For you, it may not be too fast, but for him, it may be.

Opinions differ.

What are you talking about? :p
The other day, while browsing Fate reddit for ****posts, someone seemingly referred to Archer as "Emiya"

At first I thought it was a mistake because it didn't make sense in context. Then I realized it might have been archer. And now it looks like they werent referring to Shirou's dad...
:060:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Brawl was more fun than melee
That's very subjective dude.

But I guess it boils down to opinion. As I said I do think Melee has better gameplay even though Brawl has more enjoyable single-player content.

Which is why PM is the perfect Smash game. :)

D

Deleted member

Brawl was more fun than melee
How is it fun when you can barely get in any combos? O_O
In training mode you can get something I guess.

Also Smash 4 is basically a Subspaceless better version of Brawl. :laugh:
( I miss Subspace though )

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still hold Brawl dearly to my heart due to being one of the first game I ever played. Aswell as basically introducing me to the world of video games outside of Mario, with franchises that would become my favourites of all times. (Metroid & Metal Gear)

Still, I admit that alot of this game aged poorly. But I still remember the good time I had.

Plus, mods were just great. With Brawl Minus being the best mod I ever played.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner was the Assist Trophy Gray Fox. Big Boss and Revolver Ocelot seemed to be popular picks in the last poll, while Sniper Wolf was seen as the most boring choice.

Next is another Metal themed poll with a few fan favorites and other Snakes (fans of the series should know who they are). Your choice are Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake, Raiden, and Psycho Mantis.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Solid Snake.
Well ****, I overlooked him of all characters.

But be because I didn't want to do a veteran poll months ago. Next time, I will get him.

Because if anything, he is the one Snake that matters the most.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wolf, Lucas and Snake basically saved Brawl from being a complete borefest to play imo.

Shout outs to DACUS btw.
I mean I loved Brawl back in the day and I have very good memories playing it as a 12-13 year old but going back it's just not really fun to play. I don't have this issue with 64, Melee, and Smash 4.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How is it fun when you can barely get in any combos? O_O
In training mode you can get something I guess.

Also Smash 4 is basically a Subspaceless better version of Brawl. :laugh:
( I miss Subspace though )
O_O oh no! Someone has a different opinion to you!

Melee isn’t fun when it’s so unbalanced.

D

Deleted member

I mean I loved Brawl back in the day and I have very good memories playing it as a 12-13 year old but going back it's just not really fun to play. I don't have this issue with 64, Melee, and Smash 4.
I agree.
I had fun with Brawl when I just got it. I remember I mained Meta Knight and Pokemon Trainer. when I got it.
Brawl is honestly the only Smash game that aged badly.
Melee, 64 and Smash 4 all aged quite well.
I like Brawl and all, but it is so hard to have fun when you can barely do any combos and a few batch of characters basically outclasses every other character.
At least in Smash 4 it is balanced and there are combos.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What made Brawl fun were the texture hacks; those were the days.

.....wat? :V katt don't understand
The censor thingy doesn't censor properly the D-word sometimes, resulting in accidental dodges; just savin' you from a warning. V:

D

Deleted member

Who needs combos when you can have a Free For All with items on
I actually like items.
Also you can do combos on items my guy. In fact, Items + competitive goes good.
Free for all, I can totally handle that.
It is just I dislike coin and time smash. I only do stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom