• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
you just NOW noticed that? how? XD
i've had that for 15 hours now, counting!
i'm also in 2 conversations with you where it gets repeated with every post, how did you get blind to it till now XD

anyway, remember the bet i took with swamp for the hell of it and curiosity of what he had? it was that, i added the emoticons and rainbow text but the image and "i lost a bet" are his
I can't even see all of that picture.

I guess that's because it's...

Too big. :cool:

Chrono.

Can't wait till they release the official numbers.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, it's funny that when someone on Facebook actually harasses you and Facebook "Reviews" it and comes to the conclusion it doesn't violate their policies.

**** Facebook

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So Jin has a second form?

With that look and that music, I thought I was playing Final Fantasy.
:061:
You could say that you faced a Four-Winged Angel

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I'm starting Ultra Moon... again
This time I'm actually gonna play through it, though I probably won't be able to play it very consistently because of homework and stuff
Should I go with Litten or Popplio?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Vaati and Toon Zelda would be cooler than Midna.
Mmmm....no.
Given that the Twilight Princess character designs are likely being phased out in favor of BOTW ones (judging from the teaser), I'm pretty sure Midna's chances are the lowest they've ever been.

Brawl was pretty much her one and only shot.
Designs for other characters won't dictate a different character's chances....

With that said TPHD was released close to the start of Smash Switch's development, and there's a fairly large demand for a Zelda newcomer and I honestly don't see either of the champions being added since one doesn't really stand out over the others nor do I see all four being added...and taking Hyrule Warriors into account Midna's decently relevant...
And that's not even mentioning her moveset potential which is amoung the strongest out of pretty much any other Zelda character...

I'm not saying her chances are great but nor do I think they are terrible either...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Mmmm....no.

With that said TPHD was released close to the start of Smash Switch's development, and there's a fairly large demand for a Zelda newcomer and I honestly don't see either of the champions being added since one doesn't really stand out over the others nor do I see all four being added...and taking Hyrule Warriors into account Midna's decently relevant...
And that's not even mentioning her moveset potential which is amoung the strongest out of pretty much any other Zelda character...

I'm not saying her chances are great but nor do I think they are terrible either...
Mmmm... yes.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This time I'm actually gonna play through it, though I probably won't be able to play it very consistently because of homework and stuff
:3 I would say go with Popps!

It's just so precious! :happysheep:

XD But whatever you prefer the most~!

Last edited:

Chrono.

Mmmm....no.

With BotW being... BotW. I'd say any Champion from that game has a higher chance than Midna alone.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Vaati and Toon Zelda would be cooler than Midna.
Add Toon Ganondorf and Impa to that, and we we got ourselves a deal, I say

Litten, cause fire kittens are cute.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MvCI deserved better than the treatment it got. But we do at least have DBFZ out now.

Also, I'd probably sell (somebody else's) first born child for a Marvel vs Shonen Jump game.

Try that on my Spider-Man/Gohan/Dio team.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
litten, a fire cat, incineroar is also pretty awesome

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Hyrule Warriors is a spinoff. Historically, spinoffs do not factor into a character's Smash Bros chances. In the event Hyrule Warriors did warrant a playable representative, it certainly would not be Midna.

I don't think the Champions will happen, either, but the logic of "none of them standing out over the others" can also apply to every one-off character in the series. Midna has moveset potential, but there's dozens of other one-off characters that do, as well. "TP WAS PORTED AND MIDNA WAS IN A SPINOFF!" doesn't do much to put her above the competition.

Recency tends to be a deciding factor in fleshing out existing franchises, and the unfortunate truth is that Midna is old news.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Have you been living under a rock for the past two years?

This game has so many things wrong;
  • No X-Men or Doctor Doom, which are the Marvel faces of the franchise.
  • The excuse for the missing characters above was ****ing pathetic. ("No one cares about them, characters are just functions")
  • A lot more fan favorites were removed which, while it wasn't as impactful as the lack of X-Men, was still a source of complaints.
  • The story mode was heavily marketed, but it ended up being so bad it makes Street Fighter V's story look good, and that one was frankly a pile of trash.
  • The dissonance of character quality. Some look amazing, others just look horrible.
  • The DLC having more Marvel characters than Capcom characters.
  • Speaking of, two story characters being locked behind a DLC paywall also qualifies.
  • 95% of the music is either generic dubstep or generic orchestra, which is a HUGE step dowm compared to MvC3.
  • Etc.
The gameplay is freaking good though, but everything else just flopped so much that the game didn't last very long.
I agree with every point you've made!

Doctor Doom and the X-Men were the characters I mostly played on the Marvel side of the roster. Not including them was a big **** you to both the fgc and marvel comics fanbase.

The X-Men are my favorite superhero team and a lot of 'em are among my favorite characters in all of fiction. Them not being included was just like a nail piercing my and every other x-men fans chest.

Somehow I had a little bit of hope and bought both the game and the first season pass in December. It was in February that I realized the game was pretty much dead. And my hopes of having Cyclops, Wolverine, Doom, Wolverine and Jean in the game vanished all of a sudden.

And man... the fact that Marvel has one slot more than Capcom really makes me want to sell the game.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I agree with every point you've made!

Doctor Doom and the X-Men were the characters I mostly played on the Marvel side of the roster. Not including them was a big **** you to both the fgc and marvel comics fanbase.

The X-Men are my favorite superhero team and a lot of 'em are among my favorite characters in all of fiction. Them not being included was just like a nail piercing my and every other x-men fans chest.

Somehow I had a little bit of hope and bought both the game and the first season pass in December. It was in February that I realized the game was pretty much dead. And my hopes of having Cyclops, Wolverine, Doom, Wolverine and Jean in the game vanished all of a sudden.

And man... the fact that Marvel has one slot more than Capcom really makes me want to sell the game.
Wait, you wanted Wolverine twice?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Freaking Smashboard ruining my fun.
Screen Shot 04-02-18 at 10.41 PM.PNG

Explain me how this work please.

D

Deleted member

Since I still couldn't decide who to pick in Ultra Moon, I made this straw poll for you guys to vote on who I should choose.
inb4 people ask why Rowlet isn't an option... as much as I love Decidueye (it's my favorite of the trio, actually - some of you probably know this since I own his support thread), I prefer no overlap in my Pokemon teams and I already used it in Sun.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm really thankful for what Disney has done with the MCU and all.

It's just... the mcu is overshadowing the comics themselves a lot. Which really bugs me. So darn mainstream...

The next generation is not going to know the avengers are comic book characters.

I also dislike the way Marvel is treating the X-men and F4 in all media. Good thing Marvel's first family is making a come back in the comic book market.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Could you imagine if manga went mainstream?

Freakin' Jimmy Kimmel talking about jutsus and power levels.

Ugh...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Injustice series: "Hold my beer."
Not exactly. It has its charm, but I wouldn't call it the best.

I'd personally say BlazBlue is up there for one of the best stories of any fighting game, but I'm sure there are others that qualify for that title too.
I never heard of these stories.
People seem to not like Subspace in here as much as I thought. :p
Can't wait till they release the official numbers.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I am surprised Smash 4 is that high.
Also congratulations to DBZ Fighters for being in the leader board!

D

Deleted member

That is hiiiiiggghhhllly debatable.

But credit needs to be given for what Smash has accomplished.
Indeed.
I just need to learn more about other fighting games, sorry for putting that controversial opinion in there.
So far, Smash Bros. is my favorite fighting series by a long shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom