• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Shadow x Shrek finally will become canon.
Just so you know, you ninja'd me JUST as I was about to edit my above post. But I saw your post last second and skillfully redacted the edit that I would avoid being truely ninja'd.

I'm pretty sure that makes me the better ninja here. :4greninja:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Shadow x Shrek finally will become canon.
Eh, Shrek isn't the kind of guy I see making their relationship open.

He's more the type to sneak into a window at GUN headquarters in the dark of night and do uncomfortable things while no one is looking, then bail when the President walks in to check on things.

Shrek is love, Shrek is life

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Eh, Shrek isn't the kind of guy I see making their relationship open.

He's more the type to sneak into a window at GUN headquarters in the dark of night and do uncomfortable things while no one is looking, then bail when the President walks in to check on things.

Shrek is love, Shrek is life
Shrek x Rouge then? :troll:

D

Deleted member

To get into the Halloween mood, I'll use a witch avi
Shrek isn't modest lol
Anyone who believes Shrek is modest clearly hasn't watched a Shrek movie
Modest Shrek would suck as he is a physical attacker; Adamant Shrek is way better.
I say go for Brave, that way he works better in Trick Room teams.
It's not like he's using that base Spd anyways

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Think you mean Fire Emblem Warriors, but quite a fair bit has been leaked
+Confirmation that Owain, Niles and Oboro are appearing in the game, either as playable characters or NPCs.
+Plot elements
+What the characters' promotions look like
+Elements such as 'History Mode' being showcased
+Costumes for various characters.
+Music files
I think that covers most bases of what's been leaked in regards to FE Warriors.

All in all, I'm definitely a bit more optimistic about the game than when I was before. True, some stuff's disappointing like how over-emphasised the Fates roster is in my opinion and we're not seeing familiar faces like Ike, Tharja or Roy as of what's going to be the base game, but I think I'm around 74% positive that this game's still going to be fun.

Also - Hyped for Killer Instinct coming to Steam. Next time I pick up a Steam Card I'm picking up KI while it's still on sale.
Hmm...It seems like they're just ignoring us older fans...

really, the only character from the older fire emblem games (aside from marth) is Lyn...

No Hector, no Ike, no Roy, no Eliwood, no Nergal, no Zephiel, no nothing... :(

Honestly, if they were trying to repair the divide between the old and new fans, this would've probably been their best chance to do it...

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The director of the Sonic movie has worked on Sonic before

Tim Miller & Jeff Fowler worked on the Shadow the Hedgehogs CGI cutscenes.
Iizuka talked about the film some months ago & he said that SEGA is supervising the story & that Miller & Flower apparently are fans of Sonic

I dont think this movie will get made though

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just gave another watch to the Ben 10 reboot.

It is pretty stupid, but it is good.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hmm...It seems like they're just ignoring us older fans...

really, the only character from the older fire emblem games (aside from marth) is Lyn...

No Hector, no Ike, no Roy, no Eliwood, no Nergal, no Zephiel, no nothing... :(

Honestly, if they were trying to repair the divide between the old and new fans, this would've probably been their best chance to do it...
Well, for one thing, you forgot Celica. And yes, she counts. And two, Nintendo and IS were the ones who got Koei to put in Lyn and Celica. So Nintendo and IS did try to get some non-Awakening/Fates characters in.

D

Deleted member

Man, I love the Paralogues in FEH, I can clear them on auto battle, racked up 26 Orbs just from two Stamina bars on Lunatic(not like Stamina even matters anymore now that the max amount is 99 and you get Stamina Potions like candy).
Done the Warriors maps on all difficulties and all Main Story chapters on Hard. Only reason I haven't finished them on Lunatic is because of Stamina cost tbh.

Gonna save these Orbs since the Death Blow banner ends today so something neat might come up in its place.
Gave up on getting a 5* Black Knight, no way I'm gonna reach 30,000 points in this TT, I'll just get some Feathers and raise the 4* one if I want to use him.

Also, when do Voting Gauntlets usually happen again?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, for anyone who hasn't seen it, you can do this in Marvel Infinite with Spider-Man.

Yo Cuphead actually looks really ****ing good.

Is it on Xbox One?
You can play it on your PC if I remember correctly. The only console you can play it on is X-Box.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So yeah, for anyone who hasn't seen it, you can do this in Marvel Infinite with Spider-Man.

You can play it on your PC if I remember correctly. The only console you can play it on is X-Box.
The game is certainly living up to its name alright...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm reading through the Internship Arc in the MHA manga and
I really liked the first part of this arc, but I'm not liking this whole thing with the "Eight Cleansers"
Though it's more personal than anything in that the whole raid on their hideout is dragging out for too long and I don't like Chisaki. Every villain here just screams cannon fodder and that's not a good thing, and Chisaki just reminds me too much of Fyodor in personality and ability, though Chisaki has the problem of being a ****ing Alchemist for some reason

I will say I like the Big 3 and what they've been doing to the main cast: Mirio is just overall great with a really fun to watch Quirk(there's a reason why I loved the Tobi vs. Minato fight from Naruto), Tamaki is super relatable and has an awesome Quirk, and I love the focus on Kirishima(I want to say he's best boy but... Deku, and Bakugo, and All Might, and Todoroki, and Handy Man, an--).

Also, me is angry because Lock Rock and one of the Plague Doctors have abilities that are EXACTLY THE SAME as two of my characters

So how do you think about Nighteye? He has the quirk that is nearly the same as Shulk's vision lol.
About Chisaki, you will know how crooked he is but also how rad his other minons... no really his gangs wwere really good in later chapters.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Since everyone seems to be going with a Halloween avatar, I decided to switch to HT!Sora for the time being.
I may switch to a Tonberry avatar later this month though, since there isn't much in FF that's scarier than a Tonberry.
Well, maybe except for Malboros. And 3D Kefka. And Jenova. And Yunalesca's 3rd form. And XV's version of Naga. And Ardyn.
(Okay, so maybe there's a good reason why FF has such a large Nightmare Fuel page on TV Tropes)

Also, I actually managed to get a Shigure in FEH today, as well as another Ephiraim. Pretty neat, since I didn't really expect to get any of the new dancer units. I'm a little cautious about using him though, as I don't know what his IVs are.
auto battle
Until today I never realized auto battle was a thing in FEH.
. . .
I kind of wish I had known sooner, but it's good that I know now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to breed my Mareep until I get a shiny

But it's like a 1/8000 chance

I haven't even run into a single pokemon in the wild that was shiny even

It's based on IV's in gen 2 unlike future gens and the only way to increase it's chances is to have one of the parents a shiny

Which means I may be able to breed Shiny Gyarados to get a shiny water 2/ Dragon pokemon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So how do you think about Nighteye? He has the quirk that is nearly the same as Shulk's vision lol.
About Chisaki, you will know how crooked he is but also how rad his other minons... no really his gangs wwere really good in later chapters.
It's not like "see into the future" ability is unique to Shulk tho
Rip Nighteye though. He was a cool guy but I guess this is what happens when you go against a guy with the most broken ass Quirk so far.

Eh, his minions haven't really been that interesting. Their Quirks are fun, I'll give you that but their characters all feel very flat.
I liked the "punch punch bug guy" though(the one Kirishima and Fat Gum fought, that's what I'm calling him).

Oh yeah, also, Rip in peace Magne
I actually really liked him her, and the League's reaction to it shows they're a "highly dysfunctional yet united evil family". Well, except Dabi, he's just pure edge. Hell, even Shigaraki was showing some concern, though he seems to be thinking more on the long term benefits.
Speaking of Shigaraki, can I mention how much I love his development? Like, most series will not let their villains grow and when they do, it's setting up a redemption for them. USJ Arc Shigaraki wpuld have tried(and likely failed) to kill Chisaki without a second thought.
He went from a manchild who would kill those he didn't like to a highly competent evil leader who has a set goal.
His talk about conviction with Deku and the capture of AFO really affected him, and he's the perfect mirror image to Deku.
Since everyone seems to be going with a Halloween avatar, I decided to switch to HT!Sora for the time being.
I may switch to a Tonberry avatar later this month though, since there isn't much in FF that's scarier than a Tonberry.
Well, maybe except for Malboros. And 3D Kefka. And Jenova. And Yunalesca's 3rd form. And XV's version of Naga. And Ardyn.
(Okay, so maybe there's a good reason why FF has such a large Nightmare Fuel page on TV Tropes)

Also, I actually managed to get a Shigure in FEH today, as well as another Ephiraim. Pretty neat, since I didn't really expect to get any of the new dancer units. I'm a little cautious about using him though, as I don't know what his IVs are.

Until today I never realized auto battle was a thing in FEH.
. . .
I kind of wish I had known sooner, but it's good that I know now.
>Turn off animations
>Turn on auto battle
>Repeat for every story map
>????
>Profit

D

Deleted member

And yet losers like Donald Trump are probably gonna live forever.
Unfortunately.
"Hmm, a talented musician was reported to have died....I know! I'll use that to express my distaste for the current US President and lament that it wasn't him who died instead!"

Could we not do that ****, please? Not everything is about ****in' Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I really liked the R&M season finale, not that "finale-y" to me but better than S1 imo
My favorite part was
When it seemed like Rick was gonna make a "lol autism" joke but then made a complete 180°
Rick: "Is this game popular with autistic people?"
Morty: "I dunno, why?"
Rick: "Because I think I'm starting to like it"

Alsp, Mr. Poopybutthole having a family, good to see he's living a stable life
"Hope you did something with your lives instesd of just ****ing around waiting for Season 3"
I feel attacked

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It varies a bit, but the last one was around this time last month, so I'd expect one soon. Don't forget to add people as friends so you can have lots of different units to use for it, too! (and those five daily feathers, oh so useful.) My ID is 5572753695, for anyone who wants to add me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How can Mai be in Future Trunks time period? The time line he's from she should be old or dead.
After the Cell Saga iirc, the Pilaf Gang gathered the Dragon Balls and wished youth, but Shenron made them babies.
This was shown in a small manga chapter I think.

The Pilaf Gang of the original timeline are now kids in Super.
In the Trunks timeline Mai grew up again naturally, and physically she has around the same age as Future Trunks, while Pilaf and Shu are assumed dead.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
After the Cell Saga iirc, the Pilaf Gang gathered the Dragon Balls and wished youth, but Shenron made them babies.
This was shown in a small manga chapter I think.

The Pilaf Gang of the original timeline are now kids in Super.
In the Trunks timeline Mai grew up again naturally, and physically she has around the same age as Future Trunks, while Pilaf and Shu are assumed dead.
But if they did that after the Cell Saga that is still part of the new timeline which wouldn't go to Future Trunks time unless Future Trunks had jumped to the future of the altered timeline?

D

Deleted member

But if they did that after the Cell Saga that is still part of the new timeline which wouldn't go to Future Trunks time unless Future Trunks had jumped to the future of the altered timeline?
The wish was made in Future Trunks' timeline moments before Piccolo was killed by the Androids.

If anything, there should be more confusion as to why they're kids in the main timeline, but it could just be handwaved as simply "it happened around the same time, without Piccolo dying".

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
True that. But Im sure they made the wish around the time of that saga.

Brb going to check the wiki to see when they did it exactly.

EDIT: Golen already clarified it.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
"Hmm, a talented musician was reported to have died....I know! I'll use that to express my distaste for the current US President and lament that it wasn't him who died instead!"

Could we not do that ****, please? Not everything is about ****in' Trump.
OK, just take it easy, jesus christ.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be cool if in like 30 years Present Trunks becomes the new protagonist and he's an adult.

I am so ****ing hyped for Star Wars Battlefront 2 servers being turned back on. Battlefront 2 was one of my favorite games of the generations and I spent hundreds of hours on that game. But I never spent a second online since I was on PS2 and didnt even know how.

But I bought the game on PC in the Star Wars sale last year, and you can bet your ass im going to play some of this, even if it means getting killed every 3 seconds. Seriously this is crazy. This would be the equivalent of . . .I dont know, melee or Pokemon Stadium having online all of a sudden for you.

Decided to get a spooky costume of my own.

"What are you dressed up as Samus? "
Samus: "A little *****"

Ivander

Smash Legend

They happen constantly.
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Voting_Gauntlet
Basically, there is just about a month in between them. So next Voting Gauntlet should be soon.

Also, I beat Okeanos in Fate/Grand Order.
Much, Much better compared to Septem. None of the sugar coating that Septem provided too much of and some more decent character development which Septem provided next to none. Anyway, highlights:
-Francis Drake is great.
-Asterios is a precious cinnamon roll that must be protected at all costs. That aside, the friendship between him and Euryle was really well developed and well done. But yeah, Asterios was frickin' amazing in this.
-Artemis was funny and Orion was actually rather interesting. It actually makes me want to see Orion in his true form. Atalante's reaction to Artemis was hilarious.
-Blackbeard was funny, although the negative of literal translations comes with some creepy quotes which hurt him, but that being said, when you put aside his otaku behaviour, he's actually interesting in that he's a genius playing the fool and is actually more smarter than he looks.
Not to mention his otaku behaviour comes from the fact that after he was beheaded, when he came back as a Servant, he sees it as a second chance and takes it seriously to look at all these things the world now offers, which is interesting. But his otaku behaviour is a mixed flag regardless.
-David was done pretty decently. He's the Siegfried/Saint George of this Singularity. Pretty straightforward and knowledgeable. Also, much like Raiders of the Lost Ark, it once again shows why you don't **** with the Ark of the Covenant. When not even Heracles' God Hand could save him from the Ark, you know it's serious business.

-The huge highlight of Okeanos. Jason of the Argonauts. Yes, Jason makes an appearance. And he can be summed up by one well known Gilbert Gottfried quote. And good lord, he is a major one, especially to Medea. Although Medea Lily, despite being summoned in the form when she was in love with Jason, is surprisingly not even close to innocent. She doesn't tell Jason about what his goal would actually do and just lets him live a fantasy and she pretty much abandons humanity to their fate of being destroyed. Even after she's defeated, she pretty much disses you saying you should be counting stars(or something similar) and have no hope. Hektor isn't also much different. He could've also told Jason about what would've happened, but kept silent just because Jason ticks him off. To get the point across, the Greeks are ********.
But let's get back to Jason. He's pretty much Shinji Matou. He can't fight and leaves fighting to others, he's a jackass and while he doesn't lose his composure as often, he still loses it quite a lot when things aren't going his way. And this Story section does a Very good job at making you hate him.
That being said, UNLIKE Shinji, he is not completely all for himself. Basically, at the end of the story, you find out that he actually had a Noble wish. Yes, he actually had a Noble Wish for the Holy Grail. Basically, his wish was to make a good kingdom where there was peace and no more war for his people and for people to see why he was worthy of being king. There's also a bit more to his wish, but I'll get back to that later.
But anyway, despite having a Noble Wish, Medea basically tells him that while he has a Noble Wish, it will never come true because of his soul being hopelessly twisted. To make a long story short, she's telling him in a more polite way that his Wish will not come true because he's a jackass.
Admittingly, while the way they say it sounds more better than what I thought it was going to be, it still doesn't sound satisfying. For one because Medea Lily and Hektor weren't exactly innocent either, with both of them not doing anything to help humanity and just leaving it to it's fate. And for two, if you take Greek Myths so literally, just about all of the Greeks were ******** and practically for themselves. Why should Jason not get his wish compared to the other Greek Heroes and characters? Heck, it's one thing for Medea doing alot of the horrible things for Jason because of Aphrodite, but she certainly did not have Jason or Aphrodite around to influence her when she tried to kill Theseus.
That being said, despite having a moment of time with Medea after defeating her and Forneus, Jason dies the way he lived, just being a jackass. So while it wasn't exactly satisfying to hear why he can't have his wish granted, it was still satisfying to see him die the way he lived. But on the other hand, it was also satisfying for the characters to acknowledge his Noble Wish despite being a jackass. This is how Fate should be. Acknowledging both the good and the bad in characters and having other characters acknowledge both. Compared to Septem where just about everybody was sugarlicking Nero.

Anyway, if you just focus on Okeanos, there's really nothing helping Jason here. On the other hand, if you read into the later stuff that came around for him, he's not entirely irredeemable. For one thing, he does come back later during the Big Bad Fight.....against his will, but apparently during that fight, he does eventually grow a spine and show off why he's capable of being a Heroic Spirit.
The second bit of lore that shows off Jason's potential for good comes from a bit between him and Heracles. Basically, Heracles does appear in Okeanos as one of the Argonauts. The way Jason speaks about Heracles seems to show that he's a big fan, although he does one jab at Heracles when he talks about the fact that Heracles was rendered mindless by his Berserker class. There's also a moment where Jason has Hektor throw his spear into Herk in order to kill Asterios, knowing that Herk will survive, but it still makes him look like he used Heracles as a temporary scapegoat. But when Heracles does actually die from the Ark, Jason is both upset and angry and practically goes on a fanboy rant on how Heracles couldn't have lost to them. As Francis Drake points out, Jason did seem to have a semblance of friendship with Herk, even if it may possibly be distorted.
But anyway, this person sums up why Heracles actually considers Jason a friend.
"There's a very specific reason why Herk considers Jason as a friend, and it's actual sorta heartwarming. Jason is one of the two people who ever treated Heracles as a human, the other would be his first wife. Every one else treated Herk as a hero, but in the same way, they saw him as a monster. People admired him, respected him, but also feared him.
Jason did none of that, in his arrogance Jason saw him as another human, thus didn't fear him and gave him a hand of friendship. In fact one of the things Jason planned to do when he became King was to stop others in seeing Herk as a monster, seeing that as a fault of ignorance and planned to enlighten them that it's not so.
Because of this, Heracles considers Jason to be one of his closest friends and would even go as far as killing those that would insult Jason, not because he thought he didn't have faults, he did and he called him out on those but because he was his friend."
So, there is a bit of hope for Jason. Okeanos certainly doesn't give him alot, but considering you have the likes of Elizabeth Bathory, who was irredeemable in life and she wants to change, there could be a possibility of Jason pulling a Perseus, who went from a "Shinji" to someone willing to fight for someone he cares for.
Before Prototype, Perseus was actually described as a "successful Shinji Matou", yet when Prototype came out, he certainly doesn't act like Shinji and yet that is possibly because of the friendship he developed with his Master. In the time his Master was around when Perseus was summoned, to the point where when his Master used all his Seals and died to free Perseus to live a life uncontrolled and free, Perseus was so moved that he was willing to kill alot of people in order to try and get the Grail to bring his Master back to life.
Either way, Jason seems like one of those where he has potential to change. Like I said, going by Okeanos, he's a big jackass and it does a good job at making him look ireedeemable, but when you look at him later when he eventually grows a spine to help fight the big bad to his friendship with Heracles, there could be some hope for him and I'm curious to see where they might go with him if he appears again.
And that's my summary. Like I said, easily an upgrade and better than Septem. Next up is London, where we get to see Hans, Shakespeare, Mordred, Jekyll and Hyde and the Big Bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom