• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Secrit strategy to have Mother 3 localized.
-Meme the **** out of it.

*dabs inside of the Absolutely Safe Capsule*

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean yeah racism and sexism can be political but saying they're bad is pretty cross culture anymore.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Please be an Operation Genesis spiritual successor

I need to see more, but it looks like a fun concept. Being able to build and manage your own Jurassic World and the species living in it is something I would love to play around with, and just as long as they have a lot of different customization options and it isn't too taxing with the micromanaging it could be a game worth picking up for me.

I'd probably be the worst manager though since I'd bioengineer a bunch of predators, kick out the sightseers, and then let them run loose on the island just to see what happens. Science demands study.

Just watched DBS.
-Zeno clearly only plays Brawl
-Baelifla is back, at least for a couple of minutes
-Goku actually did the manga strat of alternating SSGod and Blue
-Hit reminded Dyspo that Trix is only for kids
-CHAMPA WITH A ****ING VUVUZELA
-Somewhere... Vegeta probably is still disgusted
-Toppo finally quit on the Justice bull****
-"No good, no evil, only survival"
-Hearing Vados talk is still a bliss
-JirenJustStandingThereMenacingly.jpg

MVP of the week: Hit; his ability to quickly adapt to his opponents patterns can be as useful as his timeskip and pocket dimension powers.

--------

Now I can draw hands and closed fists, nothing spectacular, but progress has been made.
Time to learn another part....

*does the most serious face possible*
*types "how to draw anime boobs" on Google*
Not surprised Toppo has given up on his whole justice spiel. Him and his team has tried to play the hero and what has it gotten them? 7 Members kicked out, one forced to run with his tail between his legs, and their entire universe being the closest to the brink of erasure. The time for honor has passed, it's time to fight as if your backs are to the wall and I'm looking forward to seeing what this more ruthless attitude will do for Toppo and Jiren going forward.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That looks a lot like Operation Genesis 2.

That really excites me.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's really sad to think that Dead or Alive 5 is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a new Virtua Fighter...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am heavily considering getting Dragon Ball Fusions, but if I get one I gotta get 2 copies so I can abuse KF fusions or whatever

It seems the best fusions are through streetpass

Edit: And I can't choose between a Namekian and a Majin. So, if I get 2 I'd have both.

But I can't find used copies. They'd be cheaper

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Soooo. fellow Layton Fans.. it seems Mystery room might be canon because
in the game, Kats writing a letter to Lucy.
Screenshot_2017-08-20-17-55-19.png
Screenshot_2017-08-20-17-55-39.png
So hip hip hurray, Alfendi, Laytons son, is probably canon and thats good because I loved that character

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
And another afternoon of binging out on Fire Emblem Fates before I start my week of peer counseling is just about done. I brought down Leo with Kaden like I always do, but this time I also raked in some goods by killing Niles and Odin.

Also, I know the game they won last night is preseason, but I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE the Cowboys!!!!!

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I forgot one of my favorite quotes from the first Halo. And its my favorite only because Guilty Spark says it, and when he says it, it cones out perfectly.

"Save his head. Dispose of the rest."

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Tries to reverse search a Sailor Moon image
>Gets Candy Candy results instead

Never change, Google.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was that a teabag, LOL

TBH I did it to Metal Sonic during his opening sass and couldn't put my money where my mouth was so I have less than no room to talk
It's squatting.

Because I'd rather flex my muscles.

--------

Oh, Sonic Forces is confirmed to get Xbox One X enhancements. I suppose this retroactively confirms that it will be PS4 Pro enhanced too (though so is Mania so not like there was any doubt).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Only 20 more days until Samus Returns...

Why do I keep torturing myself by watching gameplay?

Not that I'm spoiling myself, since they are all showing the same areas...but man I need this game already...Welp guess I'll continue playing Zero Mission....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
fffffffff now I want Modern Sonic in Mania somehow

There was a problem fetching the tweet

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got Dragon Ball Fusions and decided to pick a female Majin

Technique type just cause

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just watched a graphics comparison of Sonic Forces between Switch and PS4 pro.

Of course the lighting is better and the geometry is a bit sharper and not as blurry for the PS4 pro version but in terms of just pure graphics and not all that 4K goodness, there's hardly a difference. Which is really good news for anyone planning on picking up the Switch version. Needless to say, however, is that the game doesn't run as smoothly, half as smoothly in fact. The 30fps is what's a real detriment to the Switch version of the game but considering the Switch version has been in development for less time than the counterparts I imagine they'll smooth that out before release. Maybe not 60fps but I don't think they'll let the frame dips be as noticeable as they currently are.

I'm still on a wait and see basis considering the game doesn't look all that fantastic to me. What with the whole focus on the less than stellar custom character, the honestly boring looking level design (for now), and the general fact that Sonic Team is trying to throw all it's eggs in one basket all kinda points to the game not being great imo. Of course, I'll save my final judgement till the final product is out but as of now I'm far from impressed.

It's actually funny that since Mania came out I've become far more critical of Forces.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
my new icon is safe. My new icon is safe.

Of course the lighting is better and the geometry is a bit sharper and not as blurry for the PS4 pro version but in terms of just pure graphics and not all that 4K goodness, there's hardly a difference. Which is really good news for anyone planning on picking up the Switch version. Needless to say, however, is that the game doesn't run as smoothly, half as smoothly in fact. The 30fps is what's a real detriment to the Switch version of the game but considering the Switch version has been in development for less time than the counterparts I imagine they'll smooth that out before release. Maybe not 60fps but I don't think they'll let the frame dips be as noticeable as they currently are.

I'm still on a wait and see basis considering the game doesn't look all that fantastic to me. What with the whole focus on the less than stellar custom character, the honestly boring looking level design (for now), and the general fact that Sonic Team is trying to throw all it's eggs in one basket all kinda points to the game not being great imo. Of course, I'll save my final judgement till the final product is out but as of now I'm far from impressed.

It's actually funny that since Mania came out I've become far more critical of Forces.
like how you are more critical and strict on youe 2nd kid after your first one because His brother did good, got a good job, ect, why cant this one

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The textures and shadows are also quite a bit more pixelated on Switch.

It's really not comparable honestly, the Switch version is basically running in "low-end PC" mode.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why does Japan not like darker skinned girls?

They tend to be fairly unpopular in polls and such.

Phone glitched. Sorry bout the double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Japan favours pure white skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes because to them, that's exotic. It's something a Japanese girl can never naturally be.

It's like how people in North America might prefer a darker skinned Spanish girl or something (don't know what's actually popular there, just saying for the sake of argument) because that's exotic to them. Or indeed, how they might prefer an Asian girl.

Darker skinned girls also tend to have a rougher, more masculine appearance, while modern Japanese culture seems to favour pure femininity.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
im sad naomi lost her title match but sasha/the shield won so its cool

occam's razor states that the simplest answer is usually the correct one

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If I'm getting any version of Forces it's the Switch version because I can't be bothered to buy a PS4 for "muh graphics" when all the games I want are on everything else too and my PC lags hard enough on pixelated games that even the Switch will probably run better.

I don't expect much out of the character creator and I'm not gonna be that prima donna posting Malcom in the Middle images because they stuck their nose up involuntarily. Just give me some decent Modern Sonic gameplay and some silly dress-up and the game meets par.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If I'm getting any version of Forces it's the Switch version because I can't be bothered to buy a PS4 for "muh graphics" when all the games I want are on everything else too and my PC lags hard enough on pixelated games that even the Switch will probably run better.

I don't expect much out of the character creator and I'm not gonna be that prima donna posting Malcom in the Middle images because they stuck their nose up involuntarily. Just give me some decent Modern Sonic gameplay and some silly dress-up and the game meets par.
Switch version is always the correct choice.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'll probably get the PS4 version of Forces.

I'm not usually a huge stickler when it comes to graphics and framerates, but if there's a better version out there I'll get that one.

Maybe I'll double dip and get the Switch version if I really enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Holy crap I forgot how stressful the Zero-suit segment was....

Leave me alone Space Pirates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom