• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Salmon Run is the best mode in Splatoon.

That is all.
Still think I'll prefer Turf War in the long term. Kind of worried Salmon's gonna end up a grind.

Good till then though.

The Salmon Run map for today is like waaaay more stressful than the one yesterday.
The ship?

Ship's easy.

Unless they decide to loose two Grillers on you simultaneously.

That's bull****.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Still think I'll prefer Turf War in the long term. Kind of worried Salmon's gonna end up a grind.

Good till then though.

The ship?

Ship's easy.

Unless they decide to loose two Grillers on you simultaneously.

That's bull****.
I had 3 grillers at one point, and when we killed one one of those flying fish I think they're called spawned in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In other MCU news, it's confirmed that there'll be an MCU recap...done by Michael Peña.

"Luis recapping the universe" memes are about to be canon and I'm in shock.

TIL Salmon Run already has more than one map and now i'm more jealous of people with the game than I was before. . .great

Also Tornado sections of Sonic Adventure suck. Having to do them multiple times sucks too

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Friendly reminder that Link is a smol, he must be protec

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I had 3 grillers at one point, and when we killed one one of those flying fish I think they're called spawned in.
I've actually never had a problem with Grillers. The dudes with the bombs on their heads and the basketball shot guy though... they kill me the most.

The stack one and the guy that drives around in a little golf buggy and laughable.

I'm a 'Go-Getter' now, let's see how hard this is!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What day does Kakegurui come on again?
I don't think it has a stable schedule.
OOOPH.

I'm going about mad just from it seeming like it will take two days for my Splatoon 2 copy to come.

Hang in there.
Now the NA copies on the website are now sold out.
I still have to deal with my laptop's anti-virus activation code. If feels bad that you type the exact code but it sends you a message that it is wrong code...
I got a new toy:

If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is SW-8320-4989-1014 (also located over there on the left). I also added a bunch of people from the friend suggestions, so you might have gotten a request from me already.

I haven't played anything on it yet because Splatoon came as a download code, so I have to wait two more hours for that to finish, but so far the Joy-Cons feel pretty nice (and I got the red and blue ones, which were the ones I wanted - nice and colourful). The kickstand feels pretty flimsy, though (but I've been told it's stronger than it seems). And I can already feel the screen getting scratched from putting it in and taking it out of the dock. Also there are no Fire Emblem characters to choose from for my profile icon? Disgusting.
That is the version my brother is craving to get one. I just hope he won't spend more than it should be to get the console since he is getting Japan version.
I've been taking the Switch in and out of the dock for months now and I've had nary a scratch. Makes me feel like all those reports were either exaggerated or just faulty docks.
Not nitpicking but try to aware if your Switch is warped or not.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've actually never had a problem with Grillers. The dudes with the bombs on their heads and the basketball shot guy though... they kill me the most.

The stack one and the guy that drives around in a little golf buggy and laughable.

I'm a 'Go-Getter' now, let's see how hard this is!
Well it's kinda hard to deal with grillers when there are 3 coming straight at you.

2 of them were locked on me!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got a new toy:

If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is SW-8320-4989-1014 (also located over there on the left). I also added a bunch of people from the friend suggestions, so you might have gotten a request from me already.

I haven't played anything on it yet because Splatoon came as a download code, so I have to wait two more hours for that to finish, but so far the Joy-Cons feel pretty nice (and I got the red and blue ones, which were the ones I wanted - nice and colourful). The kickstand feels pretty flimsy, though (but I've been told it's stronger than it seems). And I can already feel the screen getting scratched from putting it in and taking it out of the dock. Also there are no Fire Emblem characters to choose from for my profile icon? Disgusting.
I sent the friend request. Also you might want to purchase a screen cover, I got a tempered glass one it's real good.

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
Michelle Pfeiffer was cast as Janet Van Dyne (aka the original Wasp) in Ant Man & The Wasp. My mother was in Dangerous Minds as Angela alongside her, so I'm basically a few degrees of separation from Paul Rudd and in turn the other Avengers too! That's pretty cool.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The switch phone app thing lets you see your win to lose ratio on the last 50 battles in splatoon.

I have 31 wins to 19 loses and my longest streak is 7 loses...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the new episode of DBS is out
kales berzerker form is basically a to scale broly, as in most of this episode was remaking scenes from the first and second broly movies, which was great to be honest
Caulifla gets super excited when she hears about new powers and its adoreable
a bunch of perople get taken out of the tournament
and goku got loki'd

all in all i rate this as one of the better episodes of super plus ima sucker for people no selling super strong attacks

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Niantic:

"We ***** up so badly let's give everyone a free lugia. While we are at it, let's only make Lugia available for 48 hours"

That's pretty ******* stupid. Legends should be available at anytime just have a rare spawn chance.

Chrono.

Damn lol whoever runs NoA's Twitter accidentally posted a tweet that was meant for their personal (probably) to the actual NoA Twitter.
It got deleted near instantly.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic Mania special stage.
Looks like a combination of Sonic 2, CD, and 3&K's special stages.
Love the Saturn-esc Sonic model.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the whole fiasco with Pokémon Go today is honestly something that should be a cautionary tale to game companies. To recap:

- At Pokémon Go Fest, a paid event, mind you, literally no one was able to get internet connection. You know, the thing required to play the game in the first place.
- The CEO of Niantic literally got drowned out by boos when on stage, with chants of "fix the game" drowning out everything else.
- Niantic was caught manually adjusting the scores to be higher when parts of Team Valor/Mystic/Instinct couldn't connect.
- Niantic releases Lugia as a form of compensation...for two days only.

Keep in mind, too, that this is in addition to the fact that Pokémon Go was promised to have trading, connection to the main series, and PVP battling before launch, none of which is present a full year after launch. To think it was hailed as the AR counterpart to the main series. This isn't even mentioning the server issues that still haven't been fixed.

And to make matters worse, the game is basically unplayable if you don't live in a highly-urban area. Only trash spawns in more rural or wild places, making the game seem completely tone deaf (it encourages you to go out and find Pokémon, yet you'll only find these really rare ones in...highly populated areas?). Want Lugia but live over an hour from the nearest semi-major city? Too bad.

Honestly, it's a great example of how corporate greed can make a golden goose die a slow death. The hype around this game was immense when it launched, but now it's a shadow of its former self. Hell, that isn't even accurate. The issue is the same issues present at launch are still there, if not worse, today.

Given how protective GameFreak is of the Pokémon brand, I can't imagine they're too happy right about now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So the whole fiasco with Pokémon Go today is honestly something that should be a cautionary tale to game companies. To recap:

- At Pokémon Go Fest, a paid event, mind you, literally no one was able to get internet connection. You know, the thing required to play the game in the first place.
- The CEO of Niantic literally got drowned out by boos when on stage, with chants of "fix the game" drowning out everything else.
- Niantic was caught manually adjusting the scores to be higher when parts of Team Valor/Mystic/Instinct couldn't connect.

Keep in mind, too, that this is in addition to the fact that Pokémon Go was promised to have trading, connection to the main series, and PVP battling before launch, none of which is present a full year after launch. To think it was hailed as the AR counterpart to the main series. This isn't even mentioning the server issues that still haven't been fixed.

And to make matters worse, the game is basically unplayable if you don't live in a highly-urban area. Only trash spawns in more rural or wild places, making the game seem completely tone deaf (it encourages you to go out and find Pokémon, yet you'll only find these really rare ones in...highly populated areas?). Want Lugia but live over an hour from the nearest semi-major city? Too bad.

Honestly, it's a great example of how corporate greed can make a golden goose die a slow death. The hype around this game was immense when it launched, but now it's a shadow of its former self. Hell, that isn't even accurate. The issue is the same issues present at launch are still there, if not worse, today.

Given how protective GameFreak is of the Pokémon brand, I can't imagine they're too happy right about now.
I live in like a mid-low end suburbia-esque area and the only reason I have anything decent is eggs. And even if the legendaries appear, there aren't enough players around to beat 5 star raids. We had 8 players, the most I've ever seen, and we couldn't beat a 4 star Blastoise raid - which disappointed me because I want Blastoise more than any pokemon. I don't have the problems of some areas, but them city folk get all the luck

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Is it too late for Pokemon Go to recover, do you think?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Not really.

I honestly think if they implement trading and PVP battles, with a bit of PR, they might be alright.

Niantic isn't known for their PR skills, though. That might be what bites them the most.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It might not be too much longer until they add gen 3 as well

Gen 3 isn't my fav gen but at least my fav gen 3 pokemon is apparently common

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

All solid points but we have one update. Lugia and Articuno are out permanently, no time limit to catch them.

The ones at the event also seem to have a 100 percent catch rate, but that probably won't stay knowing Niantic.

Here's some footage:
Unless they do everything Opossum has listed above and it all works smoothly and is fun, then I don't think it will remain as big as it is now and certainly won't get back to where it is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it would take a MAJOR show of good will. As in, fix the servers, implement PVP and trading, and give more compensatory awards. All of that.

But honestly unless they fire and replace their CEO I doubt that'll all happen.

Chrono.

Just make a Pokemon gacha game.

I can imagine how that one will turn out.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like the Splatoon x Spongebob memes are making the comeback. Just today, I stumbled upon this:

Pearl as Patrick in that Spongebob episode is pretty accurate.:laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just make a Pokemon gacha game.

I can imagine how that one will turn out.
It sort of is, the main way to get good pokemon is through eggs, which their are 3 tiers of eggs and each egg has a random chance of producing a certain pokemon.

I guess all they'd have to do is have eggs on sale

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom