• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just beat the Gerudo Arc in Breath of the Wild.

IMG_20170723_172834.jpg

Definitely a big step up from the Rito arc, that's for sure.

You kinda have to do more trekking around here than the Zora and Rito arcs, but I didn't mind since it was a reason to explore more of the desert.

Urbosa is pretty cool, I really like her voice actress. She doesn't have much of a connection with Link, but she seems to be the Champion that's closest to Zelda, serving as a sort of mother figure for her. Also she gives you the power of THUNDAH, which is pretty damn cool. And she's got a funny sense of humour. Riju I was mostly indifferent to, though. I feel like, once again, we just don't get enough time with her. The diary in her room gives you more insight to her character but other than that she's just there to do her job really.

I was really disappointed by the Yiga Clan though. They end up as comic relief characters, which bothered me since the game built them up to be such a serious threat. Master Kohga was a super easy fight too.

Vah Naboris was alright. Wasn't too difficult but I wasn't a fan of the one terminal that required you to bring to electric balls to the front of its gate, it was just really tedious. The rest of the terminals were just a matter of forming a path to them. Revali's Gale made this a bit easier than it might have otherwise been too.

Thunderblight Ganon was definitely the most challenging main story boss so far, but he seems a bit overhyped. I died once to a control mishap (tried to block him with my shield in the second phase while my bow was out, but you have to put away your bow first and THEN press the shield button, which is something I still struggle with because of my reflex from other 3D Zelda games), but he was no problem other than that. Just block his strikes with your shield and whack him with the Master Sword, and use Magnesis to make him shock himself with his metal pillars when he pulls those out. You can get a few extra hits in with Bomb Arrows while his shield regenerates too.

I really liked the fight with Vah Naboris before you enter it though, seal surfing is so fun to do.

From a story perspective, the Zora arc is still my favourite by far, but this one was good too. Not sure which I prefer from a gameplay perspective though. I liked the Vah Ruta dungeon more but the Gerudo arc has more gameplay variety in general, though the Zora arc still had a cool twist too.

I probably won't go for the last Divine Beast just yet, I've got quite a few side quests I can do as well as some unexplored territory in some regions.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
At least the mysterious VP actually pulled though instead of the kid getting scammed twice, I agree with everyone that it came off fishy as heck haha.

It really sucks that kids are getting ripped off like this. At least this scam seems easily enough avoidable by understanding that if something sounds too good to be true it probably is and not to try buying from sellers that ask to be paid in something other than money, but a lot of kids are going to be too young to know why. . .
Your last sentence explains why kids will fall for it. They Are Kids. As a kid, if someone told me they were gonna give me a switch in a place where its impossable to get a switch, I would jump at the chance

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I've got some sad news: After consideration, I've requested a cancellation for my Shantae figurine pre-order. :c

When I first saw it, I thought it was pre-painted and the pieces would snap together but that is not the case. I don't have the time for that much work and buying a number of supplies for something that's already costing me $83.35 isn't worth it.

I've already sent the email.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still doesn't beat Lex Luthor's personal best.

He waited twenty or thirty years to finish a single sentence.
That image is a little big imo. I think you should put it under a spoiler tag.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Late on this, but I heard that Infinite song from Sonic Forces. Great tune but someone should loop that beginning part. That's the best part of that song IMO.

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
I feel ill, 2 kids in Florida filmed a man drowning. They didn't call for help, they didn't help the man who was dying, but they recorded it and laughed away that someone was dying. And they aren't suffering any consequences. This is ****ed up
The worst part is that I've heard much, MUCH worse.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still doesn't beat Lex Luthor's personal best.

He waited twenty or thirty years to finish a single sentence.
You gotta like how in later years, the reason for Luthor hating Superman is complex and shows how he feels Superman holds everyone back by the world relying on him. Yet back in the day, it was because he went bald.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Very curious on what we're getting for future update content. Almost everything that was a update DLC in the first game was ready at the sequel's launch. But here are two things I want:

- The return of the gear based off Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
- Weapons based of the Super Scope and the Wii Zapper too plz.

Also, some game info from an interview with devs:
  • Graphical aspects and programming mechanics were built from the ground up.
  • More Salmon Run stages will come in the future.
  • Won't comment on adding new Salmonid enemy types.
  • They are keeping an eye on Salmon Run plays to find future tweaks.
  • Development of Splatoon 2 began at the reveal of the Callie vs. Marie Splatfest.
  • The results of said Splatfest reflected on the sequel.
  • They dodged the question if Marina is an Octoling and said “She has extraordinary hair”.
  • Squid Sisters had composers who produced their songs, but Off the Hook are composing their music by themselves.
  • Pearl is genius artist, but she couldn’t find a right partner because she’s a bit too edgy but found Marina had the right chemistry.
  • More past stages will return but not all of them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Went to the park and while there decided to catch an articuno in go

So, got first legendary pokemon

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Sonic Mania themed soda pop is happening. Will be at Comic-Con but could see a wider release

Sonic is blue bubblegum, Tails is orange cream, and Knuckles is strawberry lime.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Sonic Mania themed soda pop is happening. Will be at Comic-Con but could see a wider release

Sonic is blue bubblegum, Tails is orange cream, and Knuckles is strawberry lime.
I love their blue bubblegum soda

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We dont talk about that mistake here
I still remember how the one who made it forgotten the password, And thus, it was impossible to erase it.

I guess the internet really doesn't forget in a sense? Maybe? Dunno, I all know is, I just checked my page and now, I want to forget about it.:lol:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's when I convinced a lot of the forum I was a girl

Manly and John were trying to do it, but I thought I could do a better job at it

Since Manly and John isn't written in my name

D

Deleted member

BotW keeps making me overwhelmed and, like, I like this sort of stuff but hate it too.
I always feel like I missed SOMETHING and I never know where to go but being able to do things at my own pace AND in the way I want is great.
I have such complicated feelings towards open-world games...
Has **** taste
Is a dolt
Loves ****posting
Has a broken caps lock

You forgot the most important part
"Flat as ****"
I... what?
Good thing it's the Smash 4 Social so that means I'm safe
But I'm scared of whoever saved and uploaded all of those avatars in this wiki

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, that's it, then. I'm on the wrong side of 25. And it happened during a whole bunch of downhill life changes. Back in late 2015 I became rather depressed about getting older and missed my hometown, among other things. 2016 was a lot better for me, but 2017 made everything worse.
Part of me thought I got over my "quarter-life crisis" early and would transition to the late 20s easily, but I relapsed rather hard.
Sometimes I think Kingdom Hearts III is the only thing stopping me from offing myself.

----

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, that's it, then. I'm on the wrong side of 25. And it happened during a whole bunch of downhill life changes. Back in late 2015 I became rather depressed about getting older and missed my hometown, among other things. 2016 was a lot better for me, but 2017 made everything worse.
Part of me thought I got over my "quarter-life crisis" early and would transition to the late 20s easily, but I relapsed rather hard.
Sometimes I think Kingdom Hearts III is the only thing stopping me from offing myself.

----
I had the quarter life crisis hard approaching 30

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh yeah speaking of age, I'm 23 today. 23 on the 23rd. 23's the number, boys.
Happy Birthday!^_^ 'hope you will have a great birthday if it isn't already the case. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom