• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pokemon go basically lost me with the whole 'pay to win' set-up...

Obviously Niantic and Gamefreak wants to make money off of it, but just using the app consumes my data, so I really don't want to spend any extra money on it, just to have fun with the game...

Also I never really have enough time to commit to the game, it takes forever to get anything in the game...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just use pokemon go because it gives me a reason to go out and get exercise

I run 5-6 km every day

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just make a Pokemon gacha game.

I can imagine how that one will turn out.
Tfw no one remembers Pokémon Duel exists.

It's the Trading Figure Game all over again. :p

Chrono.

Pokemon go basically lost me with the whole 'pay to win' set-up...

Obviously Niantic and Gamefreak wants to make money off of it, but just using the app consumes my data, so I really don't want to spend any extra money on it, just to have fun with the game...

Also I never really have enough time to commit to the game, it takes forever to get anything in the game...
This is mobile gaming in general really.

Everything is pay to win.
Tfw no one remembers Pokémon Duel exists.

It's the Trading Figure Game all over again. :p
I haven't actually played that at all.

Didn't know it was gacha.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is mobile gaming in general really.

Everything is pay to win.
This is why my mobile gaming is limited to free to play Backgammon and Chess...

Which I hardly ever play anyways since I can just use the internet when I'm bored...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tbh they should let Pokémon GO die; it served its purpose of bringing money and attracting/re-attracting people to the core games.

Users will drop it when Gen 3 comes anyway, but with the self-burn of Niantic today I don't see another Gen happening tho.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tbh they should let Pokémon GO die; it served its purpose of bringing money and attracting/re-attracting people to the core games.

Users will drop it when Gen 3 comes anyway, but with the self-burn of Niantic today I don't see another Gen happening tho.
I don't think the majority of people care what happened at Pokemon Go Fest except those that attended.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't think the majority of people care what happened at Pokemon Go Fest except those that attended.
News about the ****show were big; many users are upset about the overall poor handling of the app even if they didn't attend.

Even the hot discussion at r/pokemongo is about rebooting the game by Nintendo/TPCi booting Niantic and putting a new company in charge even if that means deleting all the progress of the players.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
News about the ****show were big; many users are upset about the overall poor handling of the app even if they didn't attend.

Even the hot discussion at r/pokemongo is about rebooting the game by Nintendo/TPCi booting Niantic and putting a new company in charge even if that means deleting all the progress of the players.
An event I didn't go to got screwed up. I honestly don't care

But I'm not letting some reddit scum reset the game when I have enough candy for a Blastoise and almost enough for an Ampharos

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I haven't had any issues with warping either.
That's good, but it seems that some got warped for no reason or just minor warp. Best to tell us lay your Switch on a flat surface to see it is warped or not
I play Switch handheld for nearly all the time. Games like Splatoon I probably play it in Table top mode using grip or pro controller.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You guys do realize that the 'hardcore' Pokemon Go players that go to these conventions and things are a very small minority right? Most players just turn it on when they're just walking around. Just to have something to do.

This debacle with Go Fest isn't going to sink the game in any way. A whole lot of people still play it just to play. The Hardcore players are the ones complaining and they're the same ones who are going to play the game no matter what happens with it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dragon Ball Supah was sexy today.

-Hit is da man; wrecks people when necessary and saves teammates using Za Warudo.
-I ship Caulifla and Goku so hard now, she might reach SSJ3 soon.
-Base Kale still sounds like hentai.
-18 verbally owned Krillin.
-Broly confirmed non-canon.
-The Grand Priest better ask for a refound on the ring material, as the field is mostly destroyed now.
-LSSJ Kale is basically is Giga Bowser; hits hard, doesn't flinch, but still can take lots of damage.
-Jiren = kewl af

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel ill, 2 kids in Florida filmed a man drowning. They didn't call for help, they didn't help the man who was dying, but they recorded it and laughed away that someone was dying. And they aren't suffering any consequences. This is ****ed up
That is the most ****ed up thing I've read in a while.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I feel ill, 2 kids in Florida filmed a man drowning. They didn't call for help, they didn't help the man who was dying, but they recorded it and laughed away that someone was dying. And they aren't suffering any consequences. This is ****ed up
Saw that on the news yesterday.

Question though. They aren't being charged with not reporting a death? They clearly stated they knew the guy was dead. Is that not illegal? I know they aren't legally required to help him but if you see a dead guy, you're suppose to report it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It is sad that it doesn't even surprise me?
I have seen that kind of **** before, and while it's not new, it's still sickening to me. They probably did this to become "famous" on the internet, and boy, they are going to become "famous" when more peoples will know about it, especially their parents.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It is sad that it doesn't even surprise me?
I have seen that kind of **** before, and while it's not new, it's still sickening to me. They probably did this to become "famous" on the internet, and boy, they are going to become "famous" when more peoples will know about it, especially their parents.
Especially their employers*. Their future is ****ed.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The creator of Regular Show is working on a new show for TBS, called Close Enough, and it's about a married couple with a daughter. It's a lot like Regular Show, but it's gonna be much more adult-themed.

D

Deleted member

Because the Extra series is a lot more focused on sexy stuff than other parts of the series to the point where it doesn't take itself seriously when it comes to those parts. ESPECIALLY Extra CCC, good lord...

Anyway, one more camp week left. Than I can relax for a bit.
I guess that explains it.
I tried to take the story seriously but it's all just about the three main Servants trying to **** the Avatar while a war goes on and the entire Earth is on the brink of destruction(doesn't help there's a ****load of dialogue too). You know, kinda like FE. Now I'm just holding A through the cutscenes

The Side Stories seem to be good though so I'm gonna try to pay attention to those.
The creator of Regular Show is working on a new show for TBS, called Close Enough, and it's about a married couple with a daughter. It's a lot like Regular Show, but it's gonna be much more adult-themed.
That's sort of old news I think.
I'm not interested in it tbh, kinda weird to see RS's style in an adult cartoon lol
Also, after the snowball the later seasons became, I'm not too trusting this will end up good.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Especially their employers*. Their future is ****ed.
As one person said before:
Karma is a *****.
'Can't wait to see what poor excuse they will resort for letting a man drowning and laughing at it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sounds cool.
I enjoyed Regular Show back when I was in high school. Not gonna lie, I had really low expectations for RS, but once I watched I was impressed with its clever, witty style of humor. My favorites are Muscle Man and Mordecai.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh my god that Infinity War trailer leak was hype.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I guess that explains it.
I tried to take the story seriously but it's all just about the three main Servants trying to **** the Avatar while a war goes on and the entire Earth is on the brink of destruction(doesn't help there's a ****load of dialogue too). You know, kinda like FE. Now I'm just holding A through the cutscenes

The Side Stories seem to be good though so I'm gonna try to pay attention to those.
One thing I'll give Extra and Extra CCC though is that despite the focus on some sexy stuff, the characters and characterization are good. Also, Nero is portrayed much more accurately in the Extra series compared to the Septum part in Grand Order(whereas Nero's bad reputation is actually prevalent in Extra and she suffers for it while Septum does way too much sugar coating to try and make her look not so bad, to the point where even the writer for Septum regretted the way it was handled). Extra Shinji is actually an interesting character and surprisingly good in CCC, Jade Cur...I mean Anderson, is surprisingly hilarious and interesting, and Karna is awesome in CCC, which makes me sad that only Mordred's master and Kotomine Shirou are the only prevalent Red Masters in Apocrypha, cause his master in CCC really added to his character. Also, Gilgamesh on the good side due to no Grail Mud corruption or Kirei.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Splatling is damn near useless in Salmon Run....especially in closequarters...

D

Deleted member

Also, do you remember this Top 100 Nintendo music tracks I uploaded mainly on my Twitter and SensCritique accounts daily back in 2015 before giving the Top 10 on SmashBoards as well?

If so, well I'm curious to know what changes you would make to this list, and also which music tracks would you add with games which weren't included if it was a top with more than 100 tracks?

D

Deleted member

One thing I'll give Extra and Extra CCC though is that despite the focus on some sexy stuff, the characters and characterization are good. Also, Nero is portrayed much more accurately in the Extra series compared to the Septum part in Grand Order(whereas Nero's bad reputation is actually prevalent in Extra and she suffers for it while Septum does way too much sugar coating to try and make her look not so bad, to the point where even the writer for Septum regretted the way it was handled). Extra Shinji is actually an interesting character and surprisingly good in CCC, Jade Cur...I mean Anderson, is surprisingly hilarious and interesting, and Karna is awesome in CCC, which makes me sad that only Mordred's master and Kotomine Shirou are the only prevalent Red Masters in Apocrypha, cause his master in CCC really added to his character. Also, Gilgamesh on the good side due to no Grail Mud corruption or Kirei.
So far, I'm loving the dialogue that doesn't involve sucking the MC's figurative ****(because it's a girl could they seriously not change the gendered titles?)
Especially the scene after Assassin's first map talking to Elizabeth on how she shouldn't call herself a Lancer because she doesn't have a spear and Eli having an existencial crisis because of it.

Also, ARTURIA GOT **** YEAH
SHE'S SO PRETTY I WANT TO PROTECT HER
SHE'S SO FUN TO PLAY AS TOO I THINK I FINALLY FOUND PERFECTION
IT'S EXCARIBAR TIME MOTHER****ERS
Oh yeah, Medusa is here now too, she's cool, I guess.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At least the mysterious VP actually pulled though instead of the kid getting scammed twice, I agree with everyone that it came off fishy as heck haha.

It really sucks that kids are getting ripped off like this. At least this scam seems easily enough avoidable by understanding that if something sounds too good to be true it probably is and not to try buying from sellers that ask to be paid in something other than money, but a lot of kids are going to be too young to know why. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom