• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Me if I go through with my plan to buy it if it comes out a midnight
Well if you're around when I get up in the morning I'll grab you and we will play some matches.

I'll be up probably around 7 am mountain time.

Probably not me. Won't have enough time before I go for work in the morning and I leave work at 2 pm.

But We WILL Play™
Damn straight we will.

I'll be playing it most of tomorrow even if it kills me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Noah Crawley has been a pretty good guy in terms of quality.

I still have no faith in a Doctor Doom movie even with him at the helm.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Too bad I don't think we can stay on the same team, if it's anything like splatoon 1.
League gets around that problem, the issue there is just that you have to grind to Level 10 to unlock Ranked and then B- to unlock League. A duo team would be pretty perfectly sized for you two whenever you both make it to that point, though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
League gets around that problem, the issue there is just that you have to grind to Level 10 to unlock Ranked and then B- to unlock League. A duo team would be pretty perfectly sized for you two whenever you both make it to that point, though.
I never played a single match of ranked in Splatoon 1. I don't imagine that will change in Splatoon 2.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I never played a single match of ranked in Splatoon 1. I don't imagine that will change in Splatoon 2.
I do admit that it's not always a mode I handle. . .well, LOL.

But it's definitely got a very different feel and set of tactics to how it's played. Playing football with a hurricane cannon, the other kind of tower defense, chibi turf war. It's that bottle of hot sauce for when turf isn't quite spicy enough today.

I'm interested to see how Salmon Run shapes up in comparison to the standard modes, TBH. It's event based, obviously, but I think you might also be able to party up with that? Not sure. All that requires is a basic Level 4, the same as the shops.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I do admit that it's not always a mode I handle. . .well, LOL.

But it's definitely got a very different feel and set of tactics to how it's played. Playing football with a hurricane cannon, the other kind of tower defense, chibi turf war. It's that bottle of hot sauce for when turf isn't quite spicy enough today.

I'm interested to see how Salmon Run shapes up in comparison to the standard modes, TBH. It's event based, obviously, but I think you might also be able to party up with that? Not sure. All that requires is a basic Level 4, the same as the shops.
Salmon Run I'm definitely gonna play.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Salmon Run I'm definitely gonna play.
Salmon Run looks fuuuuun.

I just found out something maybe spoilery too.
There's at least one other environmental event other than the tides and fog. It can turn dark but still be clear and the wave will involve much larger swarms of standard Salmonids and there are glowing berserker Salmonids -I think they're called Goldies?- instead of the normal bosses.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is this part in the saiyan saga with Launch

Was that in the original? I don't remember Launch in the original

Chrono.

The Atari COO might have a few screws loose.

There is this part in the saiyan saga with Launch

Was that in the original? I don't remember Launch in the original
She was only in the anime because by the time he started to write the Z arcs Toriyama had forgotten about Launch.

Rather infamously too, even during the final Spirit Bomb at the end of the series a lot of other minor characters (like Upa, Suno and Android 8) come back but Launch is missing even from that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just beat Jet Set Radio.

I'm bad at it, but it was a pretty darn fun game.

Kudos to the crew that made it.

Now... what PC game should I play next?

Half Life or Mass Effect?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Downloading! Man, getting on the eShop's server was hell.

Good thing had enough money on my account prior to this for fast purchase or I would be sitting all night with dang error messages.

Now I sleep.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So the new Inhumans trailer is out:
It looks better than the first trailer made it look. Still with Scott Buck leading I don't have high hopes. They're still making way too big of a ****ing deal over the IMAX cameras. It's actually annoying.

Also, I'm surprised Medusa's CGI hair doesn't look worse than it does, so good on them for that.
For **** sake:
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/doctor-doom-1202502084/

I have literally no faith in this because Fox can't seem to get anything F4 related right.

Like Sony, Fox has noticed that 'Oh **** people really really love the MCU! We better try and make our own FCU!' not to mention that their head is probably bloated from the surprise success of Deadpool. I love Doom... As a villain. He's a ****ing brutal master mind who is hell bent on ruling the world! I'm not sure I can feel any kind of sympathy towards him if they make him a hero of a movie.

As much as I love Deadpool and an proud of what it did for the genre, I'm starting to think that movie might've ruined a lot. R-rated superhero movies are coming out back to back now and apparently studios are really wanting to scrape the bottom of their barrel to figure out what they can milk out of the superhero genre. I'm starting to think we may see another dark age of comic book movies like the early-mid 2000s soon. I just gotta feeling.
The Atari COO might have a few screws loose.

He trying to write a poem? Or is he just bat**** crazy?

He's making WAY too big of a deal out of this thing, especially considering the fact we don't even know what the damned thing is...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Of course Fox is making a Dr. Doom. They know they can't go straight into another FF reboot after so many failures, so they're making a movie that doesn't revolve around the Fantastic Four, but still allows them to keep the film rights.

Watch, after this they'll make a Silver Surfer movie, and if either of these movies does well enough they'll make a sequel to them. Once enough time has passed they'll try making yet another Fantastic Four movie.

Mark my words.

Also $10 the Dr. Doom movie will be called "Doom".

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

If you play the faster one first you can start working on the other one and clearing space for more backlog faster.

I'm gonna guess Half Life might be the quicker play? I know less about it than Mass Effect but Mass Effect seems pretty involved. Half Life will also have less sequels into eternity if that's a factor.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just preordered the Ultra Sun and Moon steelcase pack

$63 with Amazon Prime

Good deal

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This was actually kind of nice to see by siivagunner:
Classic LP music went from cool dark songs to edgy memes as internet gained force. And now a meme channel uses one to do a respectful tribute, as said songs fully regain its dark vibe accompanied by some eerie foreshadowing in many of the lyrics.

We can say those songs went full circle, and hopefully more people will appreciate them for their original meaning.

D

Deleted member

What's a calzone?

Basically a pizza that is covered on all sides, never heard of it?
Got the Switch for my birthday, today. If anyone wants to add me, feel free. SW-0691-1639-9303

Got BotW, MK8D, and ARMS. Pretty sure Splatoon 2 is on the way as well.
Added.
Oh yeah, friendly reminder.

The final six Smash Bros amiibo come out tomorrow. I most likely won't find them but I'll have a look.
I saw the two Corrin amiibos in a GameStop yesterday so I guess they don't care much about release dates lol

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Basically a pizza that is covered on all sides, never heard of it?
Absolutely not, I don't even think I have eat it before.
I saw the two Corrin amiibos in a GameStop yesterday so I guess they don't care much about release dates lol
Sadly I won't have any money to purchase games or amiibos now because I spend those money to buy new anti virus software for my laptop, it will be expired in 13 days...

I also went to the gamestore there were tons of Switch stock and Splatoon 2 amiibos, the gamestore had a total refurbish and got big, it was a small store.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Had a pretty successful gaming haul this morning - picked up my Bayonetta amiibo that was on pre-order, and payed off Splatoon 2 as well as the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller. On a whim I went to the JB Hi-Fi store and decided to buy the new Inkling Girl amiibo figure as well, and I think I've a good idea of where to get the Fem!Corrin and Cloud amiibo so I can say I'm finished with my Smash collection. ...But I don't think I'll need another game for a while. I'm about to start Splatoon 2, so I hope we'll see each other on the Turf Wars!

RE: MVC:I announcement - Spider-Man's new Hyper Combo is pretty cool, being a reference to the old movie, but for them to win me over into buying, I want to see what the Monster Hunter is capable of. They've got Jedah close to a tee in accuracy and gameplay, but I hope the same can be said for my second most wanted newcomer. I'll be satisfied if Venom looks stellar, but definitely disappointed some of my old favourites like Viewtiful Joe and Phoenix Wright didn't make it. So I'm still fifty-fifty in regards to the game, probably won't pick it up until I think there's enough for me to enjoy it.

Both are pretty well respected games to be fair. Half-Life may be a bit on the dated side graphically, but it should still provide a fun and challenging experience. Mass Effect has plenty of RPG mechanics and elements, so it should be a longer game given all the choices available, but I think if I were to settle on one of the two as a starting point, Half-Life would be my recommendation.

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
She was only in the anime because by the time he started to write the Z arcs Toriyama had forgotten about Launch.

Rather infamously too, even during the final Spirit Bomb at the end of the series a lot of other minor characters (like Upa, Suno and Android 8) come back but Launch is missing even from that.
Actually this a common misconception. He didn't forget about her by the time of the Saiyan Saga. Kuririn mentions how she went off to look for Tenshinhan at the beginning of the Saiyan Saga. And the Spirit Bomb with Pure Buu at the end was supposed to feature Launch, but she was replaced by 17 (which is why he states that he recognizes Goku's voices even though he never actually met Goku face to face).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
PS4 Friday the 13th hasn't been that laggy for me, but today...wow...

What a story it has told.

One counselor flew in the air getting choked but not in Jason's grasp, stopped because they saw a dead body and went back in the air to start floating again.

I died because Jason grabbed me while I was in a trap and I couldn't escape his grasp so he took me to a beach and put in water only for me to drown.

One car escaped and was just running into the wall over and over despite the player having left, the other car also was just crashing into the pole of the exit when it escaped.

This is why despite how fun the game is and how much it does capture the spirit of the movies? I'll never understand how small companies end up with globally known IPs to produce games of.

D

Deleted member

Guardians are a *****, I get that I'm not supposed to fight them now but I can't dodge these bemas no matter what.
Perfect Parrying needs 3 consecutive ones to kill a single one and I got unlucky to hit the leg on the counter once.
Speaking of which, I find it cool you can destroy their legs, if inly I had better weapons, this could be a decent strategy

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If Marvel Studios does manage to get the rights to the FF back will they even be interested in using the Dr. Doom character after Fox has used him in 3 FF movies and a standalone Dr. Doom movie?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If Marvel Studios does manage to get the rights to the FF back will they even be interested in using the Dr. Doom character after Fox has used him in 3 FF movies and a standalone Dr. Doom movie?
Doom is one of Marvel's most beloved villains period. Of course they'll use him if they had him. And considering how surprisingly deep Doom's origins are, they'll want to give him s similar treatment to Thanos, who'll get the most focus in Infinity War iirc

Also I did a tweet that I hope comes true

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doom is my favorite Marvel character

So they'd better get him right

They aren't going to though, they have NEVER done Doom good in a movie

Status
Not open for further replies.