• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As predicted, the Berserk anime ****ed up Guts vs Grunbeld with awful animation.

His glove is clipping through the cannon.

Oh hey Guts can float now because they took out the tree he's meant to rebound off of.

Other examples (blood warning):
- Leg clipping through a tree
- THAT animation returns
- (Not related to Guts vs Grunbeld but still in the same episode) Let's run in place guys!

You thought 7 years of the boat was torture. But this, this ain't right.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As predicted, the Berserk anime ****ed up Guts vs Grunbeld with awful animation.

Oh hey Guts can float now because they took out the tree he's meant to rebound off of.

- THAT animation returns
- (Not related to Guts vs Grunbeld but still in the same episode) Let's run in place guys!

It's fine guys, we just need to put our grass on and....

No, nothing can hide this garbage, everything is wrong.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Somebody on NeoGAF took a screenshot of the top banner of the new Nintendo Esports Twitter and went "Hmm. . ."

I see what they noticed. That's a pretty big empty space on one side, isn't it?

I wonder what game could end up there? :4megaman:
Dragonball Xenoverse2 naturally.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else name their weapons after real people in FE Echoes?

I named the golden knife Goldie Hawn. lol

I need to get back to that game.
I always try to reference stuff, from in and out of the game:
Alm's Falchion became the Wolf Berg
A bunch of EO references in the middle
Zeke has lances named after characters who are most definitely not him.
Saber has his/her Noble Phantasm.

- THAT animation returns

I am now convinced Berserk is just some big inside joke that we're jot aware of. I mean, THEY REMOVED AN ENTIRE ****ING TREE HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS UNLESS IT'S NOT ON PURPOSE NO ONE ****S UP THAT BADLY

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Pepsiman confirmed

Some guy on gaf is teasing that MVC:I is getting a demo for PSN on June 12th.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239810541&postcount=13700
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239814713&postcount=13707

PSN is nice and all, but call me when we get one for PC.
Probably gonna one of those "We will release a demo after the conference is over (give a few hours)" things if true

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I always try to reference stuff, from in and out of the game:
Alm's Falchion became the Wolf Berg
A bunch of EO references in the middle
Zeke has lances named after characters who are most definitely not him.
Saber has his/her Noble Phantasm.

I am now convinced Berserk is just some big inside joke that we're jot aware of. I mean, THEY REMOVED AN ENTIRE ****ING TREE HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS UNLESS IT'S NOT ON PURPOSE NO ONE ****S UP THAT BADLY

was there something wrong with that tree? Did they just go "**** this tree in particular"?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So I saw Guardians 2 for the second time a couple days ago.
You know what makes
Yondu's Death
a lot harder to sit through? Sitting next to your father when it happens.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wouldn't it already be up there if that was the case since it's already been released?
Perhaps so, but I'm doubtful that blank tournament space would be for a yet-to-be-announced game. I have a hard time imagining Nintendo revealing a game and then saying, "And we're hosting a tournament for this game right after the event!"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
First4Figures reveal their Crash Bandicoot statue, and it's as majestic as one could hope for.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anyone else name their weapons after real people in FE Echoes?

I named the golden knife Goldie Hawn. lol

I need to get back to that game.
I don't usually named forged weapons in Fe because 'm not very creative. :v

I did have some fun with the new team names in Heroes, though.

Edit: For some reason the embed wasn't working, but here's the link to the gallery. >_>

Not satisfied with the first and last team names but I'm a hack and couldn't think of anything better.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This would be really cool if they wreent hundreds of dollars School is too expensive for my nostalgia. :(
I think this is actually a cheaper statue.

They have concepts of another Crash statue that seems more in-line with their others, along with a Spyro one.

So this statue could be a neat alternative for those who don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
More AC: Origins leaks

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239826261&postcount=1

I'm liking the sound of this. Dynamic world with wildlife that interact with each other, better combat from the sound of it and climbing everything.

Just don't be a buggy abomination at launch like Unity.

Also:

WhatYearIsIt.jpg

Welcome to the future! Where Blink-182 is popular, Walkmans are selling big time, Pokemon became a phenomenon, Zelda became a phenomenon, and Atari is releasing a new system! And by future, I mean the 90's Episode 2.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I will just mention it right now. Tempest Trials is brutal. It was only now that I managed to beat Lunatic without losing anybody. Otherwise, the other times I either managed to just barely win on the last team with a couple characters left or just get outright owned. I just hope I can do it enough to get the Quickening Pulse Seal.
I cannot wait for when I get my Ursula to 5*, get a Leo and Hinoka, and get Vantage for my Camus.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I will just mention it right now. Tempest Trials show no remorse whatsoever. It was only now that I managed to beat Lunatic without losing anybody. Otherwise, the other times I either managed to just barely win on the last team with a couple characters left or just get outright owned. I just hope I can do it enough to get the Quickening Pulse Seal.
I cannot wait for when I get my Ursula to 5*, get a Leo and Hinoka, and get Vantage for my Camus.
I recommend going through with your weaker but still strong units first. That way, you can save your strongest team until the end, preferably a team that's specifically built to counter Veronica's team (the units she has with her are semi-random but there is a pattern to the type of units and where they appear).

There's no use in going for a perfect score every time since the difference isn't that big. Hell, losing on Lunatic gets you more points than a perfect score on Hard.

----------

So remember that video from Ghast Station I posted earlier?

I posted it on r/fireemblem and one of the mods ended up deleting the post, apparently at Ghast's request.

Log on a bit later to see it's reposted by Ghast's own account.

I'm not super angry over it and I'll still watch his content, but that comes off as really...petty. Is reddit karma really that important?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Valgas, Accel, and Jack were decently popular in the Power Stone poll. But it was ultimately our favorite jewel loving knife nut (Jack) that won clear as day. He's also a rather interesting anti-hero in the series, lacking any real morals and wanting to cut everything he sees.

Next up is yet another abandoned 90's Capcom fighter, but one about giant robots and sci-fi. Like with Capctian Falcon, the cast of Cyberbots would be unique enough as their own fighters with their mechs as the final trump card. Your homies are Jin Saotome, Princess Devilotte De DeathSatan IX, Mary Miyabi, and Shade.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My job sells it.

I've been told it tastes like a fireball candy. Haven't tried it yet.
I've gone to Walmart, I've gone to Target, I've gone to Walgreens, I've gone to Albertsons, I've gone to 7/11

7/11 sells a slurpee version of it, which I tried, but doesn't sell the actual soda

No one has it in my area!

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've gone to Walmart, I've gone to Target, I've gone to Walgreens, I've gone to Albertsons, I've gone to 7/11

7/11 sells a slurpee version of it, which I tried, but doesn't sell the actual soda

No one has it in my area!
I didn't even know that was a thing. Damn it.....I guess the Fire quest starts for me now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't even know that was a thing. Damn it.....I guess the Fire quest starts for me now.
It kinda got bad reviews from what I heard

It's basically a coke (pepsi) and fireball "Without the fun"

I still wanna try it regardless

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I will just mention it right now. Tempest Trials is brutal. It was only now that I managed to beat Lunatic without losing anybody. Otherwise, the other times I either managed to just barely win on the last team with a couple characters left or just get outright owned. I just hope I can do it enough to get the Quickening Pulse Seal.
I'd say I have maybe a 50/50 win rate now on the 7-map Lunatic level... It got a little easier after I trained up a couple of units I had lying around in the mid 20s-30s, to have them ready to swap in if needed (though if I get lucky with the enemy selection, I can clear the whole run with my starting team of Catria, Michalis, Minerva, and Lucina, which I've managed maybe two or three times; you don't necessarily get the most points for this, which is dumb in my opinion).

Probably the best thing is to have a wide variety of units, so you can deal with the randomness of the enemies. Because of how the scoring works, you have to prioritise clearing maps quickly over everyone surviving in order to get the most points (the multiplier at the end for speed outweighs that for survival - I don't like it, but that's how it is). And stick to the 7-map Lunatic challenge, since even if you lose you'll get more points than clearing the Hard one (and maybe even the 5-map Lunatic one? Not sure). You might want to start with your second-strongest team, so if you reach the final battle, you can swap in a stronger team that is tailored to beat Veronica (and the enemies will start with less HP, as well).

Healers are good, too; I have my Lucina set up with Reciprocal Aid, so she can heal Michalis in a pinch (my Catria and Minerva have Desperation, so they benefit from losing some HP (which Reciprocal Aid can help with too), and my Catria has a Brave Lance so she even quadruples plenty of units).

Ivander

Smash Legend
I recommend going through with your weaker but still strong units first. That way, you can save your strongest team until the end, preferably a team that's specifically built to counter Veronica's team (the units she has with her are semi-random but there is a pattern to the type of units and where they appear).

There's no use in going for a perfect score every time since the difference isn't that big. Hell, losing on Lunatic gets you more points than a perfect score on Hard.
My main problem comes with the fact that I do not have many units in the Red and Green department. My only Greens at 39-40 are 5*S.Camilla, 4*Frederick, 4*Gunter, 3*Cecilia and 4*Nino. And the only Reds I have at 39-40 are 5*Xander, 5*Caeda, 4*Hana, 4*Palla, 4*Lilina, 4*Henry, 4*Tharja and 4*Chrom. Meanwhile, I have a ton of Lv.40 Blues and Colorless thanks to the Kozaki Event.
The second problem comes with the fact that most of my Lv.40s have either few or no Inherited skills learned. So really, I'm sorta forced to use my Strongest units or just hope I'm lucky with Triangle Advantage.
Anyway, my Main Team is Horse Emblem(2 Hone/2 Fortify), with Fury+Vantage Xander, Brave Axe + Death Blow Frederick, Blarblade Ursula and Priscilla with lots of HP, Rehabilitate and Live to Serve.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So any good believable E3 leaks? Kind of been out of the game lately and for that I apologize.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My main problem comes with the fact that I do not have many units in the Red and Green department. My only Greens at 39-40 are 5*S.Camilla, 4*Frederick, 4*Gunter, 3*Cecilia and 4*Nino. And the only Reds I have at 39-40 are 5*Xander, 5*Caeda, 4*Hana, 4*Palla, 4*Lilina, 4*Henry, 4*Tharja and 4*Chrom. Meanwhile, I have a ton of Lv.40 Blues and Colorless thanks to the Kozaki Event.
The second problem comes with the fact that most of my Lv.40s have either few or no Inherited skills learned. So really, I'm sorta forced to use my Strongest units or just hope I'm lucky with Triangle Advantage.
Anyway, my Main Team is Horse Emblem(2 Hone/2 Fortify), with Fury+Vantage Xander, Brave Axe + Death Blow Frederick, Blarblade Ursula and Priscilla with lots of HP, Rehabilitate and Live to Serve.
I've found I can usually get through the first 3 rounds of the 5 round Lunatic run with a less offensive and more defensive team (it varies but usually it's 5* Titania, 5* Clair that isn't quite fully leveled and has no inherited skills, 5* Tharja, and 4* Cordelia or 4* F!Corrin). I then usually have to use a second team (Usually 5* Bridal Caeda who isn't fully leveled, 5* Elise, 5* Eirika, and 5* M!Corrin). By the third team, I'm on my main team (5* Ryoma, 5* Nowi, 5* Julia, 5* Jeorge. All have been customised in various ways, main thing being Jeorge with Vantage 3 and Nowi with Poison Stirke 3). After that though it's basically game over.

It's not perfect since it depends on RNG of which enemy units spawn, but I've beaten 5 Round Lunatic 3 or 4 times with this set up. Even a loss gets me a healthy amount of score though so I've been running this mode regardless (though having Nowi might have something to do with that since she's a +40% Bonus Hero).

Don't worry about having your last team out by the end, attempting it with your weaker team first is beneficial since if you fail a map, the enemies have less starting HP on the next attempt, making it easier for you strong team to finish the job.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Im like 50 pages behind so im just gonna hop ahead.So those best buy leaks of pikmin and smash are those true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom