• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The first Power Stone poll went to a close with Edward Falcon as the winner. @Champ Black's waifu Ayane was very close to beating him however. Julia and Ryoma however were unpopular with the latter getting vote.

Next is more Power Stome, running into a popular belly dancing female character and fan favorite Dragon Ball Z parody. The other two men are the odder ones of the bunch, one being a chef. Your choices are Gunrock, Wang Tang, Rouge, and Gourmand.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Inb4 Wang Tang vs Rouge
**** Yeah for Falcon!

Love me some Gourmand (he was my main), but Rouge will be my vote since she's the Chun Li of Power Stone.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The fact that the guy states the names, says sarcastically( seemingly) don't take this as a leak) and acts like he knows all about it, is pretty suspicious.

Especially when 4chan had a thread to guess the names with hundreds of replies, not one guessed Ultra. I think it's pretty likely this guy was a leaker but being sly about it like we saw with Sun and moon leakers.

This would also be hype because of a PWT like place and Giovanni's return.

As for your spoiler, that would be amazing. if it's true I think it could make this one of the better games in the series for such unique dynamics,

Sure ;
>New pokes, new alola forms, new UBs
>more baddies from old versions return, especially RR because Giovanni is dad af
>Lusamine takes a chill pill
>A better battle facility like PWT or battle factory because thats how you make it a 10 for core gamers
>more Z-moves and new forms for Necrozma because clearly its that dude's
>Cut that camera BS (pretty sure they won't ;()
>to be released on 3DS because stupid GF cannot handle ns not in 3 years
>Hau to have better clothing and pull a Blue if you know what I mean
>aaaaaaaaaaaaand this totally isnt any sort of leaks and don't screen cap let's wait for the game to be announced ;(

Do note he also has the name tag in the tile as the third version USUM and he directly called the games Ultra Sun and moon.

Someone else that watches IZombie, nice!
iZombie is my favourite show. It's so good!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Just bought Blazblue Centralfiction, played a bit and coming from someone who played GG Rev 2 before. I feel like it's not going to be as easy lol. (Beside if I play with Stylish Mode but that's another thing) It's going to be hard to find a main.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey guys, do you know how to "hack" Pokemon? Can you help me?
I want my Bewear again XD

I think Cyndane can't right now and I obviously understand.

Please tag me if you can help me, I would appreciate it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not 100% sure - they also made Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, but it was extremely button-mashy. (the sprites were gorgeous, though).
Hm, didn't know that, Did they have full control over the game? Or Namco asked them specific control about the game? Because AWS are all but button mashing, so I suspect they had to tone down the game for unsaid reason.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hm, didn't know that, Did they have full control over the game? Or Namco asked them specific control about the game? Because AWS are all but button mashing, so I suspect they had to tone down the game for unsaid reason.
It was for the 3DS, so I guess that they decided/needed to simplify it since it seemed to be for a younger audience. (or at least for a console where you have no choice for the controller) Also, it crossed over with a One Piece game released a year later, so maybe they needed to keep the controls simple in order for the controls to work for both franchises.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It was for the 3DS, so I guess that they decided/needed to simplify it since it seemed to be for a younger audience. (or at least for a console where you have no choice for the controller) Also, it crossed over with a One Piece game released a year later, so maybe they needed to keep the controls simple in order for the controls to work for both franchises.
That sound good, well, if this is the case, then I guess AWS will not have to simplify the control for an younger audience and will do what they are best know for. (Basically, expect a real fighting game unlike Smash 4/Melee.
kappa.png
)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But Ribombee's awesome though.

I never really had a problem with wild Ribombee honestly.
That's because I'm trying to level up a Claydol I've raised from Omega Ruby.

When you have zero Poison or Rock Types to face them and your only option is a Psychic/Ground type that knows some Rock Type moves, it's frustating.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Also, Riombee can get bent.

Easily the most annoying Wild Pokémon in Sun & Moon to fight.
Gumshoos/Fatticate and Pelipper laughs at your misery for which those two are far worse.

Hyper Fang and a Stockpile/Spit Out combo respectively makes them a chore to grind EXP with.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Crash for the Smash Port confirmed!
:p

Anyway Mario Kart ride is awesome, Bubssy is surprising, and lastly we might have an actual leak for Ultra sun and Moon:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/32189824/

They even called the name:
http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1496914513339.jpg

And on a sidenote: Tempest trials is hard as hell but a fun challenge. I also got a 5 star Julia today but none of the brides yet.
Hmm, getting that name right is a point in his favor, but I think I'm going to wait until we get another detail checked off of this before getting on board with it as some of the details sound a bit off to me. In particular I'm not sure GF would go for adding completely new Pokémon to the game due to marketing (new Pokémon are what sell a new Generation) and mechanical (adding new Pokémon could hurt compatibility with the original SM) reasons, but it's not impossible for them to ignore that if they feel it'd sell USUM.

In other Pokemon news though, for those curious about whether or not a certain game element regarding Gladion will be in the anime:

He still has his Type: Null.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Gumshoos/Fatticate and Pelipper laughs at your misery for which those two are far worse.

Hyper Fang and a Stockpile/Spit Out combo respectively makes them a chore to grind EXP with.
Funnily enough, my Claydol just got overpowered and outnumbered by the Poni Island Pellipers seconds ago.

Should have kept that Heal Block for them Roost spammers.

Chrono.

Yeah, Extreme Butoden kinda felt like a beat em up that was masking itself as a fighting game. But that game also borrowed heavily from Supersonic Warriors, which was also a beat em up-ish fighter (that always took place in the sky).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Name a price, WayForward, and I'll buy it with no questions.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In other Pokemon news though, for those curious about whether or not a certain game element regarding Gladion will be in the anime:

He still has his Type: Null.
Really glad Gladion still has that Type: Null of his. It gives me hope that the writers will still stay true to a crucial element in the games' plot regarding why Gladion took Type: Null, which means we will likely see the crazy side of Lusamine as well. There is one important part about Gladion that the writers left out in the anime though: unlike the games, he is not a member of Team Skull (evidenced by the Skull Grunts' reactions when they saw Gladion at the beginning of his episode). He's just a random trainer traveling alone. I'm not sure if he will join Team Skull at the rate the anime is going.

If we see Gladion use Type: Null in his next appearance, I hope we will see a full battle between Ash and Gladion this time around. Gladion's first episode was a letdown because Team Rocket just had to interrupt the fight like it was an OG Pokemon episode.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I blame it being on the 3DS. This next one is going to be on consoles/PC which gives more room for buttons. On top of that it's a 3D fighter

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/arc-system-works-developed-dragon-ball-fighters-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Capcom better watch out, cause they bout to be blown away
I don't think it was the 3DS as much as it was being a semi-sequel to Supersonic Warriors, which had a similar control scheme.

Plus Blazblue was on the 3DS and that was kept relatively intact.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today I found a good deal on "game that has Rosalina in it" and "the Rosalina game you've always wanted except Rosalina isn't actually in it".

IMG_20170609_173610.jpg

Apparently that was actually the last copy of Gravity Rush they had there too.

Also while at Smyths, I met (or did so once again) the most adorable and cheery young lady I think I've ever seen in my life. Every time I go to Smyths (the past few times anyway), she's always there and ends up nerding out with me about video games for about 10 minutes after I make my purchase. She tried to sell me a 12 Month PS Plus membership since those were on sale but I said "it's a good price but I'm not sure how much I need one right now. I'm thinking of buying a Switch soon too". And as soon as I said that, her eyes just lit up and she asked me how much I know about it. Apparently she's always reading the promotional handouts they have at the store because she really wants one and can't get one at the moment. She was calling out the different games she wants from it and everything like a kid writing a Christmas list. It was so adorable.

The real reason I was there though was because I was out job hunting today, and I asked her if they were hiring. She told me to go look for two particular people who are better informed about that which I was going to do after I finished at the till (she was so busy nerding out to me that she almost forget to sell me my games. Luckily the shop wasn't busy though and there was nobody behind me. :p), but then one of the people she told me to go look for came over and as soon as she did the young lady at the till went completely silent. I was able to hand my CV in and they do have a full-time, long term position available so that was great, but wow, the older lady (whom I assume was one of the store managers) was one of the most stern and intimidating people I've ever seen in my life. She had a thick accent (sounded Russian) and her eyes were sharp as a hawk, and spoke in a very dead pan tone for most of the conversation. It was so bizarre to go from the cute and bubbly store clerk, to the almost militaristic manager. Not that a manager shouldn't be like that, but I thought it was a funny juxtaposition.

But yeah, cool game pick ups for cheap prices, potential job opportunity (really hope I get it, it's the ideal kind of work for me right now), cute nerdy store clerk who's a lot of fun to to talk to, and stern manager lady to juxtapose that. Very interesting day. :p

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's a rumor floating about that the Nintendo Spotlight will focus entirely on Switch titles with 3DS titles being announced and talked about in Treehouse the following day. I kinda hope that's true, honestly. It's a smart decision to put the most of their focus on their new system but I guess we'll see.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's a rumor floating about that the Nintendo Spotlight will focus entirely on Switch titles with 3DS titles being announced and talked about in Treehouse the following day. I kinda hope that's true, honestly. It's a smart decision to put the most of their focus on their new system but I guess we'll see.
I can see that happening, especially with the Spotlight being ~30 minutes long.

Just cut out the fluff, Nintendo.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't think it was the 3DS as much as it was being a semi-sequel to Supersonic Warriors, which had a similar control scheme.

Plus Blazblue was on the 3DS and that was kept relatively intact.
Forgot about that. Yeah, you're prob right. I'm hoping they take after their other games with this, go the Persona 4 Arena route where it's more accessible but still bombastic.

Chrono.

I hope so, because there's not a lot of 3DS stuff outside of that Kirby game and Ultra that I'm in interested in seeing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That would be ideal.

Though I wouldn't mind them showing one or two 3DS titles if they are wholesome ones, like FE Echoes is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom