• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I hope Insomniac's Spider-Man game takes some pages from Persona and lets us control Peter's high school life. That'd be sweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Somebody on NeoGAF took a screenshot of the top banner of the new Nintendo Esports Twitter and went "Hmm. . ."

I see what they noticed. That's a pretty big empty space on one side, isn't it?

I wonder what game could end up there? :4megaman:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ugghhhhh
I want some E3 leaks already. Like a new game or something
Your wish is my command.

Edit: Don't really know how credible Best Buy Canada is but you never know

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Somebody on NeoGAF took a screenshot of the top banner of the new Nintendo Esports Twitter and went "Hmm. . ."

Competitive Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival! :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Your wish is my command.

Possible language warning
It seems like the Best Buy leaks were just leftovers from before the January Direct from what I heard.

Nothing stopping Smash from happening ANYWAY though seeing as it's been pretty much nonstop suspicious for the franchise in terms of the Switch from the start all the way to right this second.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Ultra Street Fighter 2 of course :troll:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yep, it's actually true.

Looks like there will be a Smash game to look forward to this E3. If these leaks turn out true I won't be surprised. Retailers are ****ing terrible at keeping secrets.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Hello everyone. I haven't been posting much due to finals, but I'm now on summer break, so I no longer have to worry about finals.

As for what has happened this week in terms of gaming news:

Pokken DX: I'm glad that we're getting the DLC + Decidueye. It's also cool to have split-screen this time. I might actually get back into Pokken.

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon: I'm sort of glad that GF is doing something unexpected. I didn't really expect a Pokemon game on the Switch this early anyway, so I'm not bothered by the lack of Pokemon Stars/Gen 4 remakes. (Plus it helps that it was only a few months ago that I beat Gen 4 for the first time)

Gold and Silver VC: Gen 2 on VC is cool and all, but I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of Crystal (But it doesn't bother me that much).

Dissida FFNT: It's cool that we finally know when Dissida comes out (Even though I've only played one FF game so far).

It's nice to see that the Radiant Historia remake is get localized, since I've never played RH and have been interested in playing it.

Also, I can only imagine @Shishœ's reaction to EO5 getting localized

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Maybe BlazBlue, whenever thats showing up
I thought about third parties for a bit, but if that were the case wouldn't that Street Fighter 2 port be up there as well? I guess it's already been out for a bit, but it hasn't been out for THAT long and Nintendo made a pretty big deal about it.

That and thinking on it I'd figure they'd only make a social media account for games they have a hand in organizing the tournaments of.

I mean, it doesn't stop it from being another new IP like ARMS or whatever

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

1-2 Switch
Your wish is my command.

Edit: Don't really know how credible Best Buy Canada is but you never know
Please be real

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It could just be an aesthetic thing, to represent Nintendo's new (or rather, returning) theme of having red in their branding. Odd that it doesn't at least say "Nintendo Versus" on that space, though.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
It could just be an aesthetic thing, to represent Nintendo's new (or rather, returning) theme of having red in their branding. Odd that it doesn't at least say "Nintendo Versus" on that space, though.
If it wasn't an aesthetic thing it wouldn't be so darn unbalanced though.
In the middle? Sure, I could buy it as branding.
Far-left to unbalance the whole banner? Something's up imo

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If it wasn't an aesthetic thing it wouldn't be so darn unbalanced though.
In the middle? Sure, I could buy it as branding.
Far-left to unbalance the whole banner? Something's up imo
Yeah I think this NeoGAF post summed up what I couldn't quite put into words LOL. Assuming it was sarcasm, anyway.

Yeah I mean, it could very well just be bad graphic design
I can picture it balancing out when the games transition from having tournament listings to having their ordinary logos.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Gunrock and Rouge tied in the end in the Power Stone poll. It I've choosen the latter of the two when she's arguably "Ms. Power Stone" and would bring something new with her belly dancing fighting style. No one voted for Wang Tang and Gourmand however. I guess no one likes Super Saiyan parodies and killer chefs.

Next is Power Stone is coming, but this time focusing on two Powet Stone favorites and the final boss. In addition to the roughest toughest rustler from its sequel. Your choices are Accel, Valgas, Galuda, and Jack.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just watched SomcCallMeJohnny's vid on the Bubsy games.

... Is the revival happening because he's well known because I don't see how the old games possibly warranted a demand?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Smash leaks, eh?

I'll wait till it's actually revealed before getting any sort of excitement...but if this is legit, then I'll finally have a reason to put my Wii U to rest cuz I still play smash from time to time...

I know my buddy will be eager to get a Switch if Smash gets revealed...and my other buddy will be excited about Pikmin...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Smash leaks, eh?

I'll wait till it's actually revealed before getting any sort of excitement...but if this is legit, then I'll finally have a reason to put my Wii U to rest cuz I still play smash from time to time...

I know my buddy will be eager to get a Switch if Smash gets revealed...and my other buddy will be excited about Pikmin...
I cant put my Wii U to rest because it has Wind Waker HD and I highly doubt thats coming to switch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah I think this NeoGAF post summed up what I couldn't quite put into words LOL. Assuming it was sarcasm, anyway.

I can picture it balancing out when the games transition from having tournament listings to having their ordinary logos.
"It could just be bad graphics design"

nintendoe3totally.png

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I get the weird feeling it could be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"It could just be bad graphics design"

Well hey they're not Picasso, but they don't usually leave gaping irregular holes.

. . .Actually if they were Picasso they'd probably be more likely to leave gaping irregular holes LOL

I get the weird feeling it could be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Wouldn't it already be up there if that was the case since it's already been released?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I blame it being on the 3DS. This next one is going to be on consoles/PC which gives more room for buttons. On top of that it's a 3D fighter

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/arc-system-works-developed-dragon-ball-fighters-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Capcom better watch out, cause they bout to be blown away
I'm definitely looking forward to it, even if I haven't played many Arc System Works games. Part of me wishes they continued working on 3DS games based on properties that Namco Bandai licensed, though. I would have loved to see them make a game based on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Naruto with those kind of sprites.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"R.O.B. vs. Bubsy Edition"

Coincidentally, we rated Bubsy alongside the concept of R.O.B.'s eye glitch getting fixed in Rate Their Chances one day.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watching a video covering the "Pokémon LIVE!" musical interviewing the writer of the musical.

Apparently MecahaMew2 (a "Brand New Pokémon" as advertised) was decided by the Pokémon people and not the musical writers.

Canon MechaMew2 when?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So.

I ordered a Switch.

It won't be arriving until early July, but it looks like I'll be getting my hands on one.

Woo hoo!

D

Deleted member

Watching a video covering the "Pokémon LIVE!" musical interviewing the writer of the musical.

Apparently MecahaMew2 (a "Brand New Pokémon" as advertised) was decided by the Pokémon people and not the musical writers.

Canon MechaMew2 when?
.....really, now?

Shame we'll never see MechaMew2 in any other form of media. :V

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Anyone else name their weapons after real people in FE Echoes?

I named the golden knife Goldie Hawn. lol

I need to get back to that game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I posted these ideas in another thread and thought it couldn't hurt to post them here as well to get some feedback from you guys. It's my ideas on how I would perceive moment movies happening.

I don't want a Cinematic Universe. As an aspiring director I've thought up the scenario of a Nintendo Cinematic Experience. Which is basically a Universe but each movie or show doesn't have to strictly exist in each other's universe. Like they don't have to acknowledge in a Fire Emblem movie that a near-catastrophic event occurred in a previous Zelda movie's Hyrule because, y'know, it doesn't exist in Fire Emblem.

This also allows movies and shows like Fire Emblem, Mario, and Zelda to be fully animated while others like Metroid and Metal Gear are allowed to flourish I'm live action and even allow series like Castlevania to dabble in both. This might seem jarring in some instances but it's just a way of saying "You can be a Metroid fan without liking Mario" if you catch my drift.

The characters would then obviously crossover in a fully animated Super Smash Bros. It's a big personal goal for me to try and get these game series into cinema if I ever make it to the big leagues. I even have a fully written script for an F-Zero movie! Of course, these are just ideas from an aspiring director. I'm in no way capable of it yet but I hope I will someday soon. Gotta get through film school first though. Wish me luck! :)

And if you ever want to ask about my personal ideas, you're always free to do so. Preferable through PM, of course.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm definitely looking forward to it, even if I haven't played many Arc System Works games. Part of me wishes they continued working on 3DS games based on properties that Namco Bandai licensed, though. I would have loved to see them make a game based on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Naruto with those kind of sprites.
As nice as those sprites are, I just love how ArcSys handles 3D. They're just so expressive and actually look like the anime.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why did no one tell me Arc Sys was doing another DBZ game? ****. I think it looks cool, and Extreme Butoden was fun for what it was. I just hope they get the chance to push it to the next level.

Also, I've been messing around in player matches in Tekken 7. I've only won a handful of matches, but it's really fun. Though there's been too many matches where I win two rounds and botch it at the end.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom