• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a quick question. What colors can help me relax and sleep? my Aroumathropy difuser has color changing lights and Im trying to find ways to get a full night sleep back
Blue light keeps you up

So, using BS logic I would assume the opposite of blue which would be yellow

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have a quick question. What colors can help me relax and sleep? my Aroumathropy difuser has color changing lights and Im trying to find ways to get a full night sleep back
Blue is a relaxing colour but the best colour for sleep is black because it generally means the lights are out and your eyes are closed. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And I quote

"...and blue light affects levels of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin more than any other wavelength."

"...short-wavelength..."

Which means, the longer the wavelength the better it is for sleeping if you need light

Which actually would be red

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
omg just change ur avi why does everyone need to change their name all the time

i only know like three ppl on this site nowadays cuz the rest of you inconsistent ******* keep changing your damn names

pick a lane and stay in it holy ****

xP
You made me look for see how many times I changed my name. I changed it four times. :079:

Honestly (I apologize if this is not much help), I'd recommend shutting off all the lights in your room which includes the color changing lights. I'm not really sure if specific colors are proven to be beneficial for getting a full night's sleep; as is, keeping a general light on in the same area can keep you from falling asleep depending on the circumstances.
Ive read somewhere that lights like orange and stuff help with relaxing. Although I cant remeber where I read that from. Im also trying noises like the soft sound of a city through an open window. and since I dont live in the city, I use sounds from mynphone Its strangly calming to me
Blue light keeps you up

So, using BS logic I would assume the opposite of blue which would be yellow
blue light keeps you up??

Chrono.

So I just got back from my very first live wrestling event (a Smackdown house show) and people weren't kidding when they said watching it live is a whole nother beast from watching it on TV. Simply put it was an incredible, yet tiring, experience.

First match was Dolph Ziggler vs Shinsuke Nakamura, it was a really good match. Both guys got huge pops at the start but Dolph's cheers turned into boos once he started doing heelish stuff... and then back to cheers (mostly from ladies) when he took off his shirt (which he was hilariously teasing about the whole time). Nakamura won and that was that.

Later on was a 6-man tag Luke Harper, Mojo Rawley and Sin Cara vs The Ascension and Erick Rowan. It was a pretty fun match, people really love Luke Harper and was easily the most over dude there, no surprise that he ended up picking the win for the team.

Next up was a promo (in Spanish) by fellow Puerto Ricans, Primo and Epico. Because they were in their home town, they were babyfaces (they are heels usually) for the night. They cut an impassioned promo on how they love PR and will be challenging the Usos for the tag titles later tonight in a Fatal 4 Way that will have Breezango and American Alpha.

After that we had singles match between Aiden English and Tye Dillinger (10). It was alright, highlight of it was Tye being over as hell and Aiden's entrance with his (deliberately) awful singing. The 10 chant is really fun to do live.

Now was time for what was likely match of the night, and it was a tag match of Kevin Owens and Baron Corbin vs AJ Styles and Sami Zayn. AJ had THE biggest reaction of the night bar none, actually all these guys had great reactions. Corbin and KO are fun as hell too boo with all the **** they were doing. While Sami and AJ are just really easily to get behind on. AJ picked up the win with the forearm after KO superkicked Sami who had Helluva Kicked Corbin beforehand. It was a fun finish, wish I had filmed it.

Then it was intermission time, I went to see what shirts they were selling in a massive line, unfortunately the Women's match (supposedly a 2 on 3 handicap match between Naomi and Becky Lynch vs Tamina, Natalya and Carmella) started and I was still in the line. By the time I got there it had ended... Plus I didn't get any shirts so this was clearly the low point of the night for me.

Finally it was time for the Fatal 4 Way tag title match. Primo and Epico were easily the most over they've ever been, crowd was hot for them and I had totally bought into the idea that they could win for a second. They didn't, obviously. The match was really fun, a little short though and the finish came out of nowhere. After the match Primo and Epico got a standing ovation and a hero's farewell basically.

At the end of it all, it was time for the main event, which was local snek Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal. It was a fine match, not the best, not the worst either. By this point I was already pretty fatigued but I still got into the match for the most part. Oh and Randy was over as hell, definitely up there in biggest crowd reactions tonight. Randy lost after the Singh Bros. distracted Randy, letting Jinder pick up the win. After that, the two bros ate some RKOs for their troubles and sent the crowd home happy.

Overall, I was super pleased with the show. I really hope they (or RAW) come here next year.

Also if you're a wrestling fan, you should definitely give live shows a shot.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
And I quote

"...and blue light affects levels of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin more than any other wavelength."

"short-wavelength"

Which means, the longer the wavelength the better it is for sleeping if you need light

Which actually would be red
huh.. The more I know.

Well I dont need light to sleep, I can sleep good in the dark, just havent been sleeping at all lately so maybe background noices will do just fine

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You made me look for see how many times I changed my name. I changed it four times. :079:

Ive read somewhere that lights like orange and stuff help with relaxing. Although I cant remeber where I read that from. Im also trying noises like the soft sound of a city through an open window. and since I dont live in the city, I use sounds from mynphone Its strangly calming to me

blue light keeps you up??
Yes,

Although using the logic for why it does you'd assume violet light would be worse than blue but whatever.

It affects melatonin because it makes your brain thinks it's day time

Blue sky and all. Which seems more logical to me

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Blue light keeps you up, red light doesn't disrupt you, or at least, hardly disrupts you at all. On my retreats back in school, the security/teachers would shine red lights through the windows to check everyone was still in their cabins without disturbing anyone actually sleeping or trying to sleep.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I guess the bigger problem is this 5 pound monster calles a rabbit that lives in my room with me because there is nowhere else to put her. At least she doesnt thump all night like she used to, that **** was uber annoying

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This might've already been said but whatever

25 mins for the spotlight? Like when I thought it was 30 I was still fine with that... but now it's like 25? C'mon Ninty, this is E3... and last year you barely had anything...

Throw us a bone here. Well, a bigger bone. Plz. :3
I really hope this is a mistake and someone just messed up.

30 minutes was pretty short but this is horrible. Either they really cram games in and don't give much details so they can have more directs, or there's very little which sucks.

I have to ask where does it say 25 though?

I see a 1:25 which would be an hour and 25 or the 1:00 which is an hour presumably but I'm probably missing something.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

30 minutes was pretty short but this is horrible. Either they really cram games in and don't give much details so they can have more directs, or there's very little which sucks.

I see a 1:25 which would be an hour and 25 or the 1:00 which is an hour presumably but I'm probably missing something.
maybe its short because the stuff will show in treehouse?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This might've already been said but whatever

25 mins for the spotlight? Like when I thought it was 30 I was still fine with that... but now it's like 25? C'mon Ninty, this is E3... and last year you barely had anything...

Throw us a bone here. Well, a bigger bone. Plz. :3
Potentially the format has changed and it might be plenty of time. In the past, some E3s have been crammed with filler and interviews.

I dunno though... I'm not expecting much this year.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I think it says starts 1am and finishes approximately 1:25am.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Injustice 2 makes references to Scarecrow as a Yellow Lantern, which he was in "Blackest Night" I think

If scarecrow survives Injustice 2, I kind of want to see him as Yellow Lantern in Injustice 3

(Atrocitus says that Sinestro is interested in Scarecrow)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Red light is indeed the best light to sleep.
That's why most digital clocks are red.

I have a green one and it can be annoying at night.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Guys... I just found this:

While I was browsing around on Amazon, anyway. Pay close attention to the first three Smash amiibo on there; they each have a Nintendo Switch listing... :p

The description for the Cloud amiibo if you click on it says this:

"Just tap an amiiboTM accessory to the NFC touchpoint to enjoy fun in-game extra features in compatible games on the Nintendo Switch system, New Nintendo 3DS system, or Wii U console."

Feel free to call me crazy about this (you all have my permission to do this), but what games would go with these three remaining Smash amiibo on Switch right now? To me, I'd say there are no games that would make sense with them on the console for the moment (although if the FF7 remake gets released on the Switch alongside FEW and Bayonetta 3, it would make sense).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

While I was browsing around on Amazon, anyway. Pay close attention to the first three Smash amiibo on there; they each have a Nintendo Switch listing... :p

"Just tap an amiiboTM accessory to the NFC touchpoint to enjoy fun in-game extra features in compatible games on the Nintendo Switch system, New Nintendo 3DS system, or Wii U console."

Feel free to call me crazy about this (you honestly all have my permission), but what exactly would go with the three remaining Smash amiibo on Switch right now? To me, I'd say there are no games that would make sense with them for the moment.
Some games are compatible with every amiibo. BotW is one, Pokken DX will probably be another, as the original was one. They don't give you unique stuff, just some random reward.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Some games are compatible with every amiibo. BotW is one, Pokken DX will probably be another, as the original was one. They don't give you unique stuff, just some random reward.
Yes, that is true, but I imagine these specific amiibo will have an extended purpose beyond the simple reward in BOTW or an extra goodie in Pokken DX (unless they plan on giving Link access to Cloud's Buster Sword or allowing Pikachu to have Cloud's hairstyle, for example).

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Cloud's amiibo giving Link the Buster Sword in BotW would be pretty cool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Feel free to call me crazy about this (you all have my permission to do this), but what games would go with these three remaining Smash amiibo on Switch right now? To me, I'd say there are no games that would make sense with them on the console for the moment (although if the FF7 remake gets released on the Switch alongside FEW and Bayonetta 3, it would make sense).
Pikmin amiibo is for a 3DS exclusive game yet it also says Switch

Chrono.

Hey is Shantae on Switch any good?

I'll be away for the weekend and need something to play when I get bored.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If anyone's still curious about the UK election, people are suggesting a Torie-DUP coalition government. Together they make a majority

I'm not familiar with coalition governments

Or who DUP is

Edit:

I looked into it, if they make a coalition with the DUP the DUP is demanding to soften Brexit

Last edited:

Chrono.

It's just HGH
HGH is a superb game with an unholy Hardcore Mode which I ultimately stopped playing as it was too stressful lol.
Plus Risky DLC in the future with pirate gear
Yeah I know it's HGH, but I haven't played any Shantae game.

Should've made that clearer in my post.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have half Genie hero since I backed the kickstarter

But I need a controller but it plays like crap with a keyboard from my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom