• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I just now saw that Pokemon direct. Looks pretty nice, but I'm biding my time.
Captain Commando was the obvious choice to some, so he won. No need to go into the details on my his partners lost because time is ticking.

Next up is a small Dreamcast fighting game series that Capcom created in the 90's. Because this series have a unique gallery of colorful characters to choose from, prepare to get comfortable. Your choices are Edward Falcon, Ryoma, Julia Whitepearl, and Ayame.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Still sad about no Power Stone representation in Marvel.
Ryoma.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Captain Commando was the obvious choice to some, so he won. No need to go into the details on my his partners lost because time is ticking.

Next up is a small Dreamcast fighting game series that Capcom created in the 90's. Because this series have a unique gallery of colorful characters to choose from, prepare to get comfortable. Your choices are Edward Falcon, Ryoma, Julia Whitepearl, and Ayame.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Still sad about no Power Stone representation in Marvel.
I vote for the Lobster Lord.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Dutch is like 1/4 the difficulty of Japanese. Plus I have 2 people I talk to everyday with that live in the Netherlands.
Yeah Japanese is certainly a different ball park there. I haven't really spoken or written in Dutch for a decade now so my spelling and grammar is very broken with that. I should probably get back into contact with some old Dutch friends of mine and catch up though.

So was any specific reasoning made for Bubsy's revival? I'm just wondering what's going through these guys' heads.
Probably trying to cash in on the meme status he got in recent years.
Hopefully they will at least try to make a decent game though, instead of purposely making it bad...

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Any particular reason why Accolade is making a new Bubsy game other than a quick buck?

They can't be unironically banking on the buzz from memes.
The devs behind the new Bubsy are the same people behind the Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. If anything it's probably their thing to take old, obscure IPs and make a decent game out of them.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Any particular reason why Accolade is making a new Bubsy game other than a quick buck?

They can't be unironically banking on the buzz from memes.
So was any specific reasoning made for Bubsy's revival? I'm just wondering what's going through these guys' heads.
Probably partly because of the memes, and partly because some people wanted to give the series another shot.

My guess it's leaning more towards the former. It may seem absurd, but people legitimately paid money for the Shaq-Fu Kickstarter.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We're apparently getting a special Crash Bandicoot announcement at E3.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Activision-at-E3-2017/ba-p/10278493

Crash for the Smash Port confirmed!
:p

Anyway Mario Kart ride is awesome, Bubssy is surprising, and lastly we might have an actual leak for Ultra sun and Moon:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/32189824/

They even called the name:
http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1496914513339.jpg

And on a sidenote: Tempest trials is hard as hell but a fun challenge. I also got a 5 star Julia today but none of the brides yet.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"What can possibly go wrong?"

Not much more than already has, at this point.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now that I think about, assuming the game does well, what are the chances ARMS getting its own section on SmashBoards (Like Pokkén Tournament) or even an ARMSBoards?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh man. Sonic's twitter is chatting with Buby's twitter and Sonic tagged Mega Man's twitter.

May the lord have mercy on our souls.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Anyway Mario Kart ride is awesome, Bubssy is surprising, and lastly we might have an actual leak for Ultra sun and Moon:

And on a sidenote: Tempest trials is hard as hell but a fun challenge. I also got a 5 star Julia today but none of the brides yet.
Huh....thats something allright, if its ture well im excited because its the first time a gen got more pokemon made mid gen

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Random. question. When youbsee a song named "Holy Lance. Explotion Boy" What do you think its about?

Also its a pretty lit song too
The first thing that pops to mind is, "Wow, with this mash-up of words it has to be an anime song."

Looking it up, it's Vocaloid, so I'm right.

When you see "Naruto Themed Sexting" what do you think of?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
D

Deleted member

Echoes Act 6 spoilers

26 photos taken moments before tragedy

This just in! Local gay archer ****ing murders god of death while riding on his horse

Grima wasn't that hard tbh, he hardly poses a threat to anyone with enough Spd(as in, 14 or more), deals fixed damage ala FE7's Fire Dragon and that is even affected by Echoes's stupid terrain bonuses so I just had Sonya sit on a Pillar to hit him.
His only scary attribute is that HP because I was getting scared when it was BELOW HALF and still displayed the ???.
Crits were easy to get with DFs, Excalibur and Clair, and Camus got a lucky 13% one but I still had Celica on standby if anything went wrong, and, as you can all see in the screenshot, Leon was doing more damage than necessary and Tobin has a higher Atk stat.

Still, if you don't bumrush him into one turn, you migjt find this difficult, and I doubt I would have even attempted this if Mila's Turnwheel didn't exist lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The first thing that pops to mind is, "Wow, with this mash-up of words it has to be an anime song."

Looking it up, it's Vocaloid, so I'm right.

When you see "Naruto Themed Sexting" what do you think of?
Lots of acts along with shadow clone jutsus and Shariguns
That song sound slow and boring enough to be a naruto ending for sure

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

"Lusamine takes a chill pill"

Not gonna lie, but if this turns out to be true, I'd be pretty disappointed we'd get a kind-hearted Lusamine with nothing else going for her. What made Lusamine such a highly memorable villain was how crazy she was and how angry she'd get towards her children with implications that she even abused them in the past.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's funny...

The more time goes by and the more I think about it, the less excited I'm getting about Nintendo's e3...But if it's anything like the April Direct then it should turn out to be better than expected, though that is still based entirely on what will be shown...

Speaking of, I made some adjustments for my Bingo considering what was announced at the Pokemon Direct...I will leave as is for e3, so if everything for some reason gets announced or deconfirmed beforehand I'll just leave it as is...
e3 Nintendo Bingo.jpg

-Super Mario Odyssey was basically a second free space and being lazy I just went ahead and specified that Multiplayer Co-op will be announced for the game...
-Pokemon Switch Spin-off was removed due to Pokken and replaced with MK8D DLC...
-Pokemon Stars removed and replaced with No F-Zero announced...might as well be another free space I suppose...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Lusamine takes a chill pill"

Not gonna lie, but if this turns out to be true, I'd be pretty disappointed we'd get a kind-hearted Lusamine with nothing else going for her. What made such Lusamine such a highly memorable villain was how crazy she was and how angry she'd get towards her children with implications that she even abused them in the past.
I saw someone suggest that it means she could still be evil but would not let angry influence her actions. So like she wouldn't lash out or not think things through. Now she'd be cold blooded and smart, making her a even worse (in terms of evilness) villain.

D

Deleted member

Mega Man Twitter just replied to Sonic Twitter about Bubsy.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Wait, do we have legitimate reason to believe that's a leak and not just a /vp/oreon screwing around like usual?

If so...interesting stuff.

New Alolan forms and UBs feels highly likely even if this isn't an actual leak, honestly. More Z Moves are basically already confirmed since the trailer teased new signature ones for Togedemaru, Mimikyu, and Midday Lycanroc.

But the lines about Lusamine and Hau fit right into something I've been wondering: if these really do happen in an alternate universe, could we be seeing a For Want of a Nail plot, where a couple minor changes in the past have created a very different present? Like, what if in this universe, Lusamine wasn't infected by Nihilego neurotoxin, and Lillie is a well-adjusted and competent trainer (with a Vulpix as her signature 'mon) who fills the role of the friendly rival that Hau did before? Or what if Guzma's abusive father was even worse here, causing him to utterly snap and become cruel and monstrous instead of sympathetic and redeemable?

What if the reason they've been so vague on plot details is because it's nothing like anything we've seen in past games: one that starts out similar to the Sun and Moon we know, but then goes off the rails due to this timeline's different circumstances?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I made an Overwatch tier list, deciding which OW characters are the most "bae". Marvel in my highly subjective opinions:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone want to copy/paste the leak in a spoiler tag? Mobile is being wonky.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made an Overwatch tier list, deciding which OW characters are the most "bae". Marvel in my highly subjective opinions:

Where is my main Orisa?

Also... The E3 Direct is 25 minutes now.

It just keeps getting shorter and shorter.

D

Deleted member

since the trailer teased new signature ones for Togedemaru, Mimikyu, and Midday Lycanroc.
I don't get why people assumed this from those scenes(GX is likelt to boame for spreading the idea) but those are most likely just cutscenes before a Trial battle or something.
Not only do they not have the Z-Move background or the Z-Aura but they clearly resemble SM cutscenes like the Gumshoos/Raticate one in the first Trial and the UB-02 one

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom