• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Echoes Act 6 spoilers
Do I seriously have to fight that Fire Dragon on B5 everytime I come back to this dungeon? Doesn't IS know how to handle these forced fights?

Also, how strong is Grima on Hard? I already got to B10 once but decided to evacuate to save all the loot I got. I've been mostly avoiding fights on B6 and lower because holy **** I hate Dragons.
And does he have "only Falchion can deal the final blow" stuff like Duma? Considering you can bench Alm here, I doubt it but I still want to be sure

At least Zeke learned Vendetta on the Duma Lance and I'm suddenly having Awakening flashbacks, oh boy

Grima doesn't have the same gimmick as Duma where only Falchion finishes him. I finished him with Clair.

As for Grima, he's definitely stronger than Duma. Way more HP and he's probably gonna one shot everyone except for Alm, though maybe you have a higher level team since I didn't even exit the dungeon to keep loot and had been running mostly by promoting units at Lv. 20 as much as possible.

The map has endlessly spawning units (they spawn in obviously indicated places though), and there is a Cantor to start off just out of range of Grima, though his Terrors were pretty weak (I didn't even have Expel available so good thing too, lol). The units that spawn in can be of any class, though there's only six or so spawn points IIRC. You want as versatile a group of units as possible who can hold off the grunts while you focus on Grima.

I beat him by Warp/Rescuing Alm in and out and dealing damage that way. He does start moving if you do that, but he only has 2 Mov. When I got him to half his HP, I was starting to get cornered so I had Atlas sacrifice himself to deal a megaton of damage with Hunter's Volley, which left Grima at 2HP. Clair was the only one close enough to attack him at this point so I had her swoop in and finish the job. I revived Atlas with a Revival Spring straight after.

How you approach it is going to depend on how your team is set up, but having Warp/Rescue will help a lot, and having someone who can deal a ton of damage to Grima is very helpful (whether it kills them or not). I can't remember just how powerful Grima's attacks are, but when Alm is fighting him, my Lv. 20 Hero Alm was being left at 10 HP (from 52 HP) when Grima counterattacked. I don't think any of my other units could take a hit from him.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Along with Chemical Plant Zone, one of the press sites who covered today's Sonic Mania news may have accidentally used an image they shouldn't have, confirming one of the returning bosses in Sonic Mania.

Death Egg Robo is the boss of Green Hill Zone Act 2.

sonic-mania-tails.jpg

D

Deleted member

Echoes Act 6 spoilers
"Alm can't reach Grima from here, I'll fall back and wait a turn, Celica can deal with that Priestess"
>Doesn't notice Bow Knight in range of Celica
We all know what happened

Still, I'm more confident about tackling this last map now, Grima isn't that strong and he always deals 36 damage, which everyone but my Archers and Tatiana can survive because his effective Spd is 14.
His defensive stats are also lower than Duma's, who had 20 on both, while Grima has 15 and 12.

His goons are also pretty easy to take care of, Falchion kills the Terrors easily, Leon and Tobin kill stuff like the Cantor and DF and Sonya's Entrap allows my Dread Fighters to kill the Mages in one turn. I feel like bringing Faye for Rescue would make killing Gdima a whole lot easier but I don't want to bench anyone else.

If I gang on him with Gray, Saber, Alm, Celica, Clair Sonya and Zeke, I'm pretty sure I can do it. Hell, maybe Tatiana's Pegasus could even buy me a second turn or Tobin could get the last hit in with Hunter's Volley. I just have to be careful with the reinforcements.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a few months, how have all of you been doing?

Echoes Act 6 spoilers
Do I seriously have to fight that Fire Dragon on B5 everytime I come back to this dungeon? Doesn't IS know how to handle these forced fights?

Also, how strong is Grima on Hard? I already got to B10 once but decided to evacuate to save all the loot I got. I've been mostly avoiding fights on B6 and lower because holy **** I hate Dragons.
And does he have "only Falchion can deal the final blow" stuff like Duma? Considering you can bench Alm here, I doubt it but I still want to be sure

At least Zeke learned Vendetta on the Duma Lance and I'm suddenly having Awakening flashbacks, oh boy

I just got done beating that dungeon myself, it was pretty difficult, but the reward is worth it, IMO.

The fact that you have to beat it twice to get the final reward is a bit much. It's like the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials all over again.

Although it was much easier the second time around.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i hate chemical plant zone in general so this is a big negative in my eyes

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I like how everyone says the builder in Dragon Quest Builders looks dopey.

One person even said I had the face of a potato.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wish they stopped putting artificial sweeteners crap in everything.

Being "suger-free" does not make up for the NASTY aftertaste.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Considering the Pokemon explosion, I'm reaaaally thinking I need to think up some kind of strategy to at least try to get a couple of peoples' expectations down to earth in time for E3.

I'm already seeing various discussions on websites seemingly act like there's no middle ground between "no news on anything new or even on half the games we've already had announced" and "all of my hopes and dreams ever are announced."

Chances are more than likely that the majority of time will be spent going through games we already know. Mario Odyssey is probably getting the biggest chunk, with Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Splatoon 2 also getting a bit of time. Zelda will cover it's DLC for a bit, and I can see ARMS going over it's first post-release DLC. Rabbids will also most likely be announced.

Other than that, I DO expect new game announcements. HOWEVER. It probably won't be whatever titles you have in mind. I can see them slipping in 2018 releases despite the 2017 focus, but since 2017 -is- the focus, it probably won't be more than one or two and they probably won't be anything more than teasers. THAT DOES NOT MEAN 2018 GAMES DON'T EXIST. Expect them to be slowly trickled out over the course of a couple directs later this year into the first half of next year, with perhaps some of the holiday 2018 ones even holding out until next E3.

If Metroid gets announced, I figure there's an 80% chance Retro isn't working on it and a 100% chance people will be incredibly upset about it no matter what it is. I'm going to go ahead and say "don't get your hopes up for Metroid" for a completely DIFFERENT reason than it possibly not being there. Oh, and Reggie's teased window gives it until January to be announced, so it waiting until a future Direct even if it does exist is a possibility as well. If it's not there, don't instantly jump to the conclusion that Nintendo hates you. Heck, if it IS there, don't instantly jump to the conclusion that Nintendo hates you.

That's my overall view of E3 right now. Hopefully that helps. . .someone. Or anyone. Something. I'm keeping my hopes at a middle ground, basically. I'm expecting mostly to get fresh news on games we already know but with a little something or two that people will either pretend doesn't exist because it's not the game they wanted, gripe about because it's a port, or. . .literally anything to do with the exploding bottle of pepper spray that is Metroid. But I'm not expecting "literally nothing new" because that's too cynical even for what we know and preemptively sets up a bad reaction waiting to happen every bit as much as expecting too much does.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I just used Stevia in a pitcher of tea

It doesn't taste like tea. It tastes like Stevia.

Bleh

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Considering the Pokemon explosion, I'm reaaaally thinking I need to think up some kind of strategy to at least try to get a couple of peoples' expectations down to earth in time for E3.
...I know you don't like Nintendo getting negativity, especially if it's non-sensical...

But this seems a bit much. It's not your place to make sure people do or don't expect things from E3, or to try and mitigate disappointment.

Half of the time, the gut reactions people have at these things change very fast anyway.

And even if they don't change...so what? If people are unhappy with what Nintendo provides, let them be. Honestly, if you feel the need to temper people's expectations, than that's not giving me good vibes, because honestly, Nintendo SHOULD be going guns blazing this E3. Their last two were terrible, and they just released a new system. I expect at least a few big new games.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I'm already seeing various discussions on websites seemingly act like there's no middle ground between "no news on anything new or even on half the games we've already had announced" and "all of my hopes and dreams ever are announced."

Chances are more than likely that the majority of time will be spent going through games we already know. Mario Odyssey is probably getting the biggest chunk, with Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Splatoon 2 also getting a bit of time. Zelda will cover it's DLC for a bit, and I can see ARMS going over it's first post-release DLC. Rabbids will also most likely be announced.

Other than that, I DO expect new game announcements. HOWEVER. It probably won't be whatever titles you have in mind. I can see them slipping in 2018 releases despite the 2017 focus, but since 2017 -is- the focus, it probably won't be more than one or two and they probably won't be anything more than teasers. THAT DOES NOT MEAN 2018 GAMES DON'T EXIST. Expect them to be slowly trickled out over the course of a couple directs later this year into the first half of next year, with perhaps some of the holiday 2018 ones even holding out until next E3.

If Metroid gets announced, I figure there's an 80% chance Retro isn't working on it and a 100% chance people will be incredibly upset about it no matter what it is. I'm going to go ahead and say "don't get your hopes up for Metroid" for a completely DIFFERENT reason than it possibly not being there. Oh, and Reggie's teased window gives it until January to be announced, so it waiting until a future Direct even if it does exist is a possibility as well. If it's not there, don't instantly jump to the conclusion that Nintendo hates you. Heck, if it IS there, don't instantly jump to the conclusion that Nintendo hates you.

That's my overall view of E3 right now. Hopefully that helps. . .someone. Or anyone. Something. I'm keeping my hopes at a middle ground, basically. I'm expecting mostly to get fresh news on games we already know but with a little something or two that people will either pretend doesn't exist because it's not the game they wanted, gripe about because it's a port, or. . .literally anything to do with the exploding bottle of pepper spray that is Metroid. But I'm not expecting "literally nothing new" because that's too cynical even for what we know and preemptively sets up a bad reaction waiting to happen every bit as much as expecting too much does.
Y'know you really shouldn't be bothered by tempering other people's expectations as if damage control is your responsibility...

Its their own fault for expecting things they have no reason to expect in the first place and their fault for believing unconfirmed rumours...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
...I know you don't like Nintendo getting negativity, especially if it's non-sensical...

But this seems a bit much. It's not your place to make sure people do or don't expect things from E3, or to try and mitigate disappointment.

Half of the time, the gut reactions people have at these things change very fast anyway.

And even if they don't change...so what? If people are unhappy with what Nintendo provides, let them be. Honestly, if you feel the need to temper people's expectations, than that's not giving me good vibes, because honestly, Nintendo SHOULD be going guns blazing this E3. Their last two were terrible, and they just released a new system. I expect at least a few big new games.
I remember it being stated at one point that they have a couple of system sellers saved up to announce at E3, so they SHOULD have some big new games.

Part of the problem is that people don't want "major" games, though. Guns blazing would be announcing things like Smash and Animal Crossing. The kinds of people that are upset already don't -want- those games, they want a rapidly narrowing definition of Metroid and a large catalog of obscure franchises that always sold horribly.

I can't see this E3 being as bad as the last two on an objective level because by default the lineup they ALREADY have to show off is better than those two E3s combined and I can't see them not revealing more important games than what they did over the last two years. The issue is that they've telegraphed very strongly that the current lineup is going to have the most footage, so for most people that aren't me it's already going to be an awful E3 in that case, which as someone who wants to go into it with an open mind already makes me wince a bit five days ahead of time.

Like, OK, be disappointed, whatever. It'd be better for the situation if more people directed it into Nintendo's official channels instead of pumping it into echo chambers and escalating it to paranoia, but there is a point to trying to direct Nintendo's pipeline into being something closer to their tastes and at this point I think it could actually be possible to do such. But being SHOCKED is another thing entirely, and I have a very strong feeling people are going to be shocked about something or other that could have easily been seen coming.

Chrono.

Can't believe I missed the Tekken and Pokken talk from earlier.

Anyways I, personally, found both easy to get into. But for Pokken after a while it was kinda obvious that learning combos won't get you much with that damage scaling, not to mention Field Phase and Phase Shifting in general being pointless. So in a way, yeah, I hope the sequel borrows more from Tekken, starting by removing Phase Shifting entirely and fixing that damage scaling. That said, I did enjoy the game a lot and I will be picking up the DX version.

As for Tekken, I've always been a Jin main, but Eliza is winning me over in 7. Likely due to her SF-style commands and combos in general feeling really smooth with her.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Agreed. Not to mention those fake sweeteners can cause cancer.
Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a few months, how have all of you been doing?
Doing great. How about you?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember it being stated at one point that they have a couple of system sellers saved up to announce at E3, so they SHOULD have some big new games.

Part of the problem is that people don't want "major" games, though. Guns blazing would be announcing things like Smash and Animal Crossing. The kinds of people that are upset already don't -want- those games, they want a rapidly narrowing definition of Metroid and a large catalog of obscure franchises that always sold horribly.

I can't see this E3 being as bad as the last two on an objective level because by default the lineup they ALREADY have to show off is better than those two E3s combined and I can't see them not revealing more important games than what they did over the last two years. The issue is that they've telegraphed very strongly that the current lineup is going to have the most footage, so for most people that aren't me it's already going to be an awful E3 in that case, which as someone who wants to go into it with an open mind already makes me wince a bit five days ahead of time.

Like, OK, be disappointed, whatever. It'd be better for the situation if more people directed it into Nintendo's official channels instead of pumping it into echo chambers and escalating it to paranoia, but there is a point to trying to direct Nintendo's pipeline into being something closer to their tastes and at this point I think it could actually be possible to do such. But being SHOCKED is another thing entirely, and I have a very strong feeling people are going to be shocked about something or other that could have easily been seen coming.
Whenever people do have something to say about Nintendo's products, they usually do talk about it on the official channels (Twitter, Facebook, etc), be it positive or negative. Many of the same people who say something on a forum will say the same thing on an official channel (myself included). Plus, it's not like Nintendo doesn't have scouts.

A very, very small minority of people are the ones expecting Metroid or F-Zero or what have you. Those franchises aren't popular enough for it to be the majority expecting them. The majority are expecting stuff like more Mario, Smash, Pokémon, Zelda, etc. And that will probably make up some of what we see.

Once again, it's not any one person's responsibility to fret over reception to a corporation's reveals. Well, except their official PR department. And honestly, if people are expecting Metroid and whatever else, then those people aren't going to be convinced otherwise. People will tend to expect what they hope for, it's human nature and there's nothing you can do about that. Just worry about your own expectations, and don't give a damn about what anybody else thinks.

With that being said, I'm off to pre-prepare my rant against Nintendo in the unlikely event they don't announce "Rosalina's Dandy Space Adventure 2: Electric Boogaloo & Knuckles" as their major holiday title, just for me. :estatic:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh snap! Speaking of Metroid....

Axiom Verge just announced for the Switch with an August release window...

Chrono.

Bubsy being back is evidence that anything can be relevant again if it gets memed enough on the internet.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does that game actually look decent?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Agreed. Not to mention those fake sweeteners can cause cancer.
What DOESN'T tbh? Loads of **** can cause cancer, especially in a large chunk of E-numbers
He's baaaaaaaaaaack.
"Quick! The internet loves Bubsy now, make a new game!"
"But sir, everybody just mocks the IP!"
"Jim I will **** your nostrils if you don't shut the **** up, everyone mocks Sonic"
"But people actually like Sonic as he had lots of good games"
"You're fired Bill"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The gameplay of Bubsy reminds me of "Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams"

EDIT: Welp! Now I see why.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

If people set their expectations too high/differently, how does it negatively impact you? How does it affect your enjoyment? If people freak out, just let them.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Just think, if we didn't meme this picture, we wouldn't have ended up actually getting the meme.

We only have ourselves to blame.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
What DOESN'T tbh? Loads of **** can cause cancer, especially in a large chunk of E-numbers

"Quick! The internet loves Bubsy now, make a new game!"
"But sir, everybody just mocks the IP!"
"Jim I will **** your nostrils if you don't shut the **** up, everyone mocks Sonic"
"But people actually like Sonic as he had lots of good games"
"You're fired Bill"
Jim-Bill confirmed for Bubsy the Bobcat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom