• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Vulture is the main villain.

That aside, dude.

You come off like the people trying to deny the roster leaks for Smash 4.
Not gonna lie, I accepted the leaks for Smash 4 due to the fact that many of my most wanted fighters weren't gonna make the cut.

Inifinite's leaked roster just seems like Marvel and Capcom pulled another Street Fighter V. I'm not in denial, I'm just disappointed in both companies right now. Only 2 females on each side? No people of color on the base roster? It's just sad beyond belief.... I dunno what else to say.... I'ma wait for E3 to determine my opinion. At least Injustice 2 has the characters I wanted, even if one of them got cut during development, and might appear as DLC (Static Shock!). Just disappointed.

D

Deleted member

The unbelievable happened, Demon's Crest's main red star killed Arthur in the end. Well not literally, but he definitely won that poll with no difficulty. There's definitely enough potential with abilities from his games compared to Arthur's gimmick of tossing lances and other GnG items. Astaroth and Prin Prin were barren, which is fine since the former is trophy material with the latter being best as a boss.

Next up is the predecessor of Street Fighter and one of Capcom's biggest side scrolling beat em ups. Final Fight is known for two big things, the infamous Mad Gear Gang and the famous may Mike Haggar. For know, we will cover the heroes will the gangsters being done tomorrow morning. Your choices are Mike Haggar, Cody Travers, Guy, and Maki Genryusai.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Body Splash for days.
Don't mess with the Mayor.

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
MvC:I having Disney's versions of Big Hero 6 is like there being an authentic Brothers Grimm fighting game and putting The Seven Dwarves from Disney's Snow White in it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just got back from Orlando on my girlfriends senior trip. Had a hell of a time. How have you guys been doing?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
OK, surely I'm not the only one that thinks this, but can we talk about how these two characters are very similar to each other:

Let's compare Noel Vermillion and Tatiana, shall we?
  • Both are voiced by Christina Vee
  • Both have long hair
  • Both are very clumsy
  • Both are terrible cooks
  • Both have a very close bond with men that are voiced by Patrick Seitz*. Said men both happen to be blondes (well, Ragna used to be blond before Rachel bit him)
  • Both watched over/took care of men voiced by Patrick Seitz for a period of time (Tatiana taking care of Zeke after he washed ashore, Noel staying with Ragna at Litchi's clinic some point early in the BlazBlue series)
  • Both are quite self-conscious (Noel's is obvious; Tatiana demonstrates this trait when she admits she is terrible and selfish person for not wanting Zeke to regain his memories)
*Although...
Noel is later revealed to be the other half of Saya, Ragna's sister, and ultimately becomes her entirely. Meanwhile, Tatiana is Zeke's lover, so that's one difference between the two women in their regards to relations with men voiced by Patrick Seitz.

And one final, major similarity Noel and Tatiana share:
Both are heavily involved with religion in some way. Tatiana is a Rigelian saint, while Noel becomes a nun during the epilogue of Central Fiction.

So, did I see succeed in preventing you from unseeing Tatiana as Noel now?

Everytime I see Tatiana, I always imagine I'm seeing Noel instead.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Possible leak about Mario + Rabbids (spoiler just in case mods want it hidden)

An amiibo line (or just figurines) might be happening
Looking at the image, it seems someone's very bad at following directions...
lol I was thinking the same thing.

Clearly the message wasn't repeated enough to be made clear.
I'm not sold on it yet either, Swamp.

Monster Hunter looks like a photoshopped Doctor Strange.
Fixed :p

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah and there's no way FE would get 6 playable characters and 2 unique gender swaps.

People don't even like Fire Emblem.
Wtf are you talking about, there are four FE characters on that image, we're not getting more than that.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah and there's no way FE would get 6 playable characters and 2 unique gender swaps.

People don't even like Fire Emblem.
Wtf are you talking about, there are four FE characters on that image, we're not getting more than that.
Yeah, there's no way it's real! Where are the Inklings? Everyone knows they're going to make them DLC to promote the brand new IP!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, there's no way it's real! Where are the Inklings? Everyone knows they're going to make them DLC to promote the brand new IP!
I don't see Wolf either. Of course they're going to add him as DLC to promote the new Star Fox!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The unbelievable happened, Demon's Crest's main red star killed Arthur in the end. Well not literally, but he definitely won that poll with no difficulty. There's definitely enough potential with abilities from his games compared to Arthur's gimmick of tossing lances and other GnG items. Astaroth and Prin Prin were barren, which is fine since the former is trophy material with the latter being best as a boss.
Was late getting to this, but good to see some love for the Red Blaze. Nothing against Arthur, but as you say Firebrand brings a lot more to the table then he can.

Well, he's the closest thing to Ridley people would get. :troll:
Golden why...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm hoping that for E3, this Marvel vs. Capcom leak bull**** is put to rest. I find it quite fishy about the roster as a whole, mainly in the following things...

• The absence of Black Panther! Think about it, if this game was supposedly based off of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, then how is it that Captain Marvel, a character who isn't getting a movie until 2019, in before a character that has already debuted in Civil War, AND whose movie debuts next year? WTF?
  • The absence of Black Widow! Again, another vital part of the cinematic Avengers, yet no appearance again? WTF?
  • The absence of the Winter Solider! Another vital part of the cinematic universe, but absent from the roster? WTF?
  • No Loki? Seriously? The fangirls LOVE Loki, and yet he's absent!
The bizarre fact that many of the characters that Marvel has been pushing lately or the movie studios have been pushing also being absent really irks me as well....
  • Squirrel Girl
  • Star Lord
  • Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (Miles is due for an animated film by Sony in a few years!)
  • Falcon
  • Electro (Electro's the main villain for Spider-Man: Homecoming!)
  • Luke Cage
  • Jessica Jones
  • Iron Fist
  • She-Hulk
  • No Young Avengers on the roster either?!?
  • No Big Hero 6, Disney's version at least?!?
On the Capcom side, many favorites are missing too, especially the obscure ones! I'm also counting characters that made comebacks too!
  • M. Bison
  • Alex (Street Fighter)
  • Regina (Dino Crises)
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Captain Commando
  • Jin Saotome
  • Zangeif
  • A SFV character (Rashid, Laura, Necalli, F.A.N.G., Kolin, Ed)
  • Zero
  • Felicia
  • B.B. Hood
  • Ken Masters (His SFV moveset could set him apart from Ryu)
  • Charlie Nash (His Illuminati stuff couldn't be worked into story mode? Seriously?)
  • Sakura Kasugano (Again, if SFV ain't gonna have Sunburned Sakura, at least let Infinite cover that!)
  • Batsu from Rival Schools!
  • Ibuki!
  • Many more to count!
Point is, many of these choices could make the rumoured roster truly memorable! Hell, admit that you want to have all of those guys for the roster instead of what we supposedly got! E3 on Capcom's end has some big shoes to fill, it these aren't filled, Capcom has lost their minds.... - Afro
Prepare to be disappointed, Ryce is pretty legit when it comes to Marvel Infinite leaks.

For real though, I hope this is the one time he is wrong and any other supposed leaker (Riku on Gamefaqs and Reddit, NeoGamerZero on twitter) with 'leaked' rosters that are much larger are legit.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Does anyone else agree with me that Dan Hess is criminally underrated as a composer? More specifically his Pilotwings 64 soundtrack which I thought was tons better than the SNES soundtrack but that a lot of people dismissed as elevator music.
(On a related note I think the Pilotwings platformer idea should kick off with Big Al getting kidnapped by the EVIL Syndicate. After all, he's the only instructor who hasn't been kidnapped yet!:laugh:)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Hindsight is 20/20 folks.
As they say, those who don't know their history are doomed to make the same mistakes.

Though it doesn't stop most of 'em from making them anyway. I've seen so much talk of "of course they'll add X character to promote Y game"...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can't reply to everyone but thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Haven't played much of it, but so far so good. Akuma in particular feels silky smooth in Tekken.

Still need to try out Story Mode and Arcade Mode is pretty gutted as reported not long ago (5 fights with 2 being bosses and no endings because those are tied to character episodes)

This just tells me the fans are the ones taking the game too seriously.
In normal time, I would with you on this one. But after everything I saw on the project (the constant delay, the lack of communication, the rebranding, etc..), I can't deny that some fan have good reason to be upset. The project started in like, 2007 I think? And now, 10 year later, no one know when the game will come out and be as good as it was promised. Fan are patients, but there is a time where you can delay so much a game before it become a "Mighty No.9/Duke Nukem Forever" situation. So, I won't say it's the fan fault here or even the dev fault for the most part. It's just a bad combination of bad luck and the hype surrending the project that is making everything go to hell.
You know, I'd love to see some Mega Man Zero representation of some kind in MvCI.

I'd be down for one the the four Guardians to be playable.
I would love to see Omega using his three form. His normal form when he battle most of the time, his giant form for one of his super and his Zero form would work like Dark Phoenix, level 5 and all that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tmw you realize that if they actually add an ARMS character in a future Smash it will be Spring Man with Ribbon Girl as a palette swap instead of Min Min or Helix :substitute:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As they say, those who don't know their history are doomed to make the same mistakes.

Though it doesn't stop most of 'em from making them anyway. I've seen so much talk of "of course they'll add X character to promote Y game"...
Like you and a Sun/Moon Pokemon?

:troll:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Like you and a Sun/Moon Pokemon?

:troll:
Heh, difference is I don't think it'd be done to promote the games. Notice how I've never said such a thing even once? Characters aren't chosen to advertise their home series, they're considered if they're prominent and (third parties and retro picks notwithstanding) relevant at the right time, then chosen if their potential is enough to stand out. At least that's how it seems based on the things Sakurai has said in all the interviews he's done and articles he's written. That's why I've been saying Sun and Moon are such a big deal: they're extremely prominent, relevant at the perfect time, and among its new characters are a few standouts that can wield elements and do things no one else on the current roster can. That's the kind of thing Sakurai has said his team seeks out!

So what is it that gets the fanbase to assume otherwise? To judge characters based on how "deserving" they are, then assume anyone who doesn't fall under that must've "cheated"? Do so many of us have such a disconnect from anyone we didn't personally grow up with or aren't emotionally invested in? To see a newer face get in we might not have as strong of memories with, and assume they must be shallow advertising tools just because we don't have that same attachment toward them?

It's like how quickly the fanbase turned and rose torches and pitchforks against Corrin because they heard the team specifically wanted a newer character, and were convinced it must have been done as shallow advertising. But it's much more complicated than that--Sakurai even wrote a whole piece about "windows of opportunity" in a Fire Emblem art book that released a couple months prior, and I'm willing to bet it was written with Corrin in mind!

I know you were just messing with me, but I wanted to use it to maybe impart a lesson to anyone watching. What evidence we have tells us Sakurai and his team think modern characters matter just as much as older ones. If anyone of the new blood gets announced next week, do what you can do look at them from a neutral stance rather than condemning them.

Shadows of Valentia is affecting my writing style. Can't say I mind.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see Wolf either. Of course they're going to add him as DLC to promote the new Star Fox!
Funny thing is that this might've been possible if Star Fox wasn't delayed heavily. That may have part of why he wasn't DLC. Nothing to promote. Also, Sakurai did note that he chose Mewtwo as the all-time vet, Roy as the Melee Vet, and Lucas as the Brawl Vet. If SF wasn't delayed to hell and back, he might've changed his options. Who knows.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Heh, difference is I don't think it'd be done to promote the games. Notice how I've never said such a thing even once? Characters aren't chosen to advertise their home series, they're considered if they're prominent and (third parties and retro picks notwithstanding) relevant at the right time, then chosen if their potential is enough to stand out. At least that's how it seems based on the things Sakurai has said in all the interviews he's done and articles he's written. That's why I've been saying Sun and Moon are such a big deal: they're extremely prominent, relevant at the perfect time, and among its new characters are a few standouts that can wield elements and do things no one else on the current roster can. That's the kind of thing Sakurai has said his team seeks out!

So what is it that gets the fanbase to assume otherwise? To judge characters based on how "deserving" they are, then assume anyone who doesn't fall under that must've "cheated"? Do so many of us have such a disconnect from anyone we didn't personally grow up with or aren't emotionally investment in? To see a newer face get in we might not have as strong of memories with, and assume they must be shallow advertising tools just because we don't have that same attachment toward them?

It's like how quickly the fanbase turned and rose torches and pitchforks against Corrin because they heard the team specifically wanted a newer character, and were convinced it must have been done as shallow advertising. But it's more much complicated than that--Sakurai even wrote a whole piece about "windows of opportunity" in a Fire Emblem art book that released a couple months prior, and I'm willing to bet it was written with Corrin in mind!

I know you were just messing with me, but I wanted to use it to maybe impart a lesson to anyone watching. What evidence we have tells us Sakurai and his team think modern characters matter just as much as older ones. If anyone of the new blood gets announced next week, do what you can do look at them from a neutral stance rather than condemning them.

Shadows of Valentia is affecting my writing style. Can't say I mind.
You took that far too seriously.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Tried my hand at a bingo card. The first one I've ever done actually.
E32017bingo.png
I tried to make mine hard, so I tried to make most of the last columns/rows less predictable stuff, and tried not to focus on things too obvious or completely leaked.

Looking at it....I think the diagonal row (top left to bottom right) and middle are the most possible. But really, go big or go home.

So Tekken 7 on PC got datamined, and we got a hint of what the Season Pass may include.

- Swimsuits, Idolmaster cosplay, and school uniforms will be DLC (The arcade game has these)
Pass looks good, but....you mean the im@s costumes aren't in T7 console already? *cries*

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I've got E3 countdowns covered. At least until the Nintendo event.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In WHYYYYYY?! news, what looks like Rabbid Kingdom Battle amiibos have been seen online.

What's in the water in France/the French part of Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom