• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Happy Birthday Chrono. Chrono. !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been thinking of starting some discussion topics regarding certain characters from FE: Echoes. Here's the first one I want to ask everyone here:

What is your opinion on Clive as a character? Do you like him or not?

I think we can all agree he is a very lackluster unit, but I've seen some division regarding people's opinions on him as a character. A lot of people call him extremely bland and boring, while others like him because he acts very human in his game.
I just finished playing Rise of the Deliverance so this is well timed. Spoilers for that in here.

Including the content in Rise of the Deliverance, Clive is probably the most fleshed out and in-depth character in the entire game. We're given such a clear picture of who he is, how he got to where is, what his ideologies are, and we see him go through many different phases and moods over the course of the war. Rise of the Deliverance also adds so much flavour text to his character that we honestly didn't need but it's really appreciated. Stuff like seeing that Memory Prism of him and Mathilda when they were younger and Fernand telling Mathilda stories about Clive when he was little, really just give Clive a sense of staying power. Like he's truly a person in the land of Valentia and always has been. He has a sense of presence and rich history.

One quality I really like about him is that he's one of the few characters who can admit when they're weak or in the wrong. The conversation with Alm after saving Delthea is particularly effective in establishing this. It makes him very human and relatable.

Also he's voiced by the same guy who voices the Warrior of Light in Final Fantasy games so bonus points for that.

What I feel holds Clive back a bit though is that although he is a richly detailed character, he just isn't as colourful as others. His wording and tone of voice is very proper almost all of the time, even in casual conversation. It's understandable as to why he is like that but I can see why this might make him come across as boring to some people. I also feel his relationships with other characters are necessary to make him interesting as a result of this. Like, part of the reason I like Clair so much is because of her interactions and relationships with other characters, including Clive, but take those away, and she's still a colourful character who still has some interesting nuances in her personality. But if you took characters like Clair, Mathilda, and Fernand out of the game, then Clive would probably be pretty bland in all of his writing because he doesn't have something to drive his character. We do get glimpses of a more spontaneous side to Clive but I feel we needed to see more of it.

Overall, I like Clive and really respect how the writers managed to make him so rich and detailed in backstory and lore, and how he has so many important relationships with other characters. But he lacks the instant charm of a lot of the other characters, and while no other character is as richly detailed in terms of backstory and lore, they have enough of that in combination with their default, charming dispositions to make them more appealing than a character like Clive.

D

Deleted member

I tried Mechanica today, and she was pretty enjoyable too. The Hammer arm is pretty strong, and so is the 3-mini Rocket arm (different from Ninjara's where the rockets are launched behind each other).

I still think Ninjara has been solidified as my main at this point. It's pretty funny jumping in the air and vanishing like a ninja.

I think you confused Tatiana with Mathilda there, unless you gave the Villager's Fork to Tatiana so that she can ride horses like her lover.
Lol, my bad, my mind was on the Zeke and Tatiana point and I got confused.
Also because of Titania, which I hear people talk about positovely a lot, which is why I specified from the games I played.

And I'd never dare to reclass Tatiana, Fortify and Warp are too good

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Echoes spoilery stuff:
Derp, somehow I missed the final Memory Prism. >.<

Guess I'm heading back to the Labyrinth one last time...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Saw Captain Underpants.

Guys, this movie was good, like, really good. The animation is beautiful, the voice cast does a great job bringing the characters to life, and the humor is on point. It perfectly embodies what made the books so great. If you have any sort of nostalgic attachment to Captain Underpants, go see this movie.

I've seen some people say this movie was made a little too late, but after seeing it, they couldn't have picked a better time to make it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gordon Ramsay picked Danica Patrick as the winner of today's race.

These kind of poor choices is why you died in the Hunger Games, mate.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gordon Ramsay picked Danica Patrick as the winner of today's race.

This kind of poor choices is why you died in the Hunger Games, mate.
He probably expects her to go All-Star a few times.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
He probably expects her to go All-Star a few times.
The kek fact is that she finished 10th (first Top 10 since 2015) after a massive wreck on the last lap shuffled the field.

Dude dropped Lamb Sauce on the track.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Chrono.

Can't reply to everyone but thank you all for the birthday wishes.
Tekken 7 is great so far. Gotta get used to Jin having new moves though. His old back LP -> LK is now back LP -> LK+RK, since another move took up that spot. He's got a neutral LK+RK now too. Pretty good for ending combos though.

And the Tekken 4 hoodie is still the best.

Heihachi was the real hero the whole time.
Haven't played much of it, but so far so good. Akuma in particular feels silky smooth in Tekken.

Still need to try out Story Mode and Arcade Mode is pretty gutted as reported not long ago (5 fights with 2 being bosses and no endings because those are tied to character episodes)
Hey, do you guys remember of this fangame called "Mother 4"? If you do remember, then I just looked some info about it to see how the games was going.

And I can surely say that the, no matter how good the game is, the project will be remembered more as a joke than anything else.

Lack of update, constant delay, and now they are rebranding the game because they fear that Nintendo will C&D the game. which mean that they to remove or change everything that suggest that it's a sequel to Mother. (So no Mr.Saturn for exemple and you can expect the title to be change to "Father" or some **** like that)

This rebranding causing even more delay. The fanbase is now divised between three camps:

1)Those who are cool with it and are still waiting patiently for the game to come out.

2)Those who are done with the dev and say that the project is a big failure since fan wanted the game to be a sequel to Mother 3 and not "a game that kinda look like Mother but not too much", which created quite the backslash.

And finally, the best of the bunch:

3)Those who now ****post like nobody and are just picking fun at every error the dev did and matter more about the ****post they make than the actual game.

Seriously, check the Mother 4 Reddit here, if you love ****posting, you are going to like this place.

Now, personally, I feel like sad for the dev, but at the same time, they should have see it coming before it was too late. Now, the project losed alot of the hype it had and like I said before, even when it will come out for free, not alot of person are going to play it without think of the infamous developpement behind it. Which remind me how the Project M Team wasn't taking seriously the problem of being a fangame until it was too late. Which forced them to stop the developpement of the mod and every update it could have gotten . (Tough, I won't compare anything else since those games had different problem. Plus, Project M is atleast a game that was released in a good enough state that the competitive fanbase still play to this day. Still, RIP Knuckles & Knuckles)

So, after all of this rambling that I am sure only three person in this thread will read until the end and only one will give a ****. What do you think about the state of "Mother 4-But-Not-Really-Mother 4"?
This just tells me the fans are the ones taking the game too seriously.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Got back from Captain Underpants.

ER. MER. GERD. It was so friggin' amazing as well as hilarious. The way every book character were brought to life was insanely accurate and could not been any better. One thing that I loved was that the animations, with its choice of artstyle, colors & lighting; made itself stand out from basically every other CGI film. While it had a reboot-like story, it's cleverly FILLED to the brim with references that the book readers will get a kick out of. And whoever chose "Weird Al" Yankovic for theme song is a bloody genius.

I will totally dig a "The Epic Second Movie" after watching that. :)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

ER. MER. GERD. It was so friggin' amazing as well as hilarious. The way every book character were brought to life was insanely accurate and could not been any better. One thing that I loved was that the animations, with its choice of artstyle, colors & lighting; made itself stand out from basically every other CGI film. While it had a reboot-like story, it's cleverly FILLED to the brim with references that the book readers will get a kick out of. And whoever chose "Weird Al" Yankovic for theme song is a bloody genius.

I'm glad it was received so well. I didn't grow up with the franchise, but from the sounds of it, it seems like a great time. Maybe I'll check it out one day.

D

Deleted member

A Captain Underpants movie was my dream since I was a kid, I loved the books and I'm happy my dream finally came true.
Too bad I'll have to wait until the end of the year to watch it, for some reason.
It's good to hear the movie getting praise, and I hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel because it certainly deserves at least a trilogy

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Honestly I would kind of prefer if they just kept it at one movie.

I wouldn't be against a sequel, but I think the movie did so well about capturing everything what made Captain Underpants great that it really doesn't need a continuation.

I feel the same way towards The Peanuts Movie as well.

Of course, money talks and if this movie does well a sequel will happen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Honestly I would kind of prefer if they just kept it at one movie.

I wouldn't be against a sequel, but I think the movie did so well about capturing everything what made Captain Underpants great that it really doesn't need a continuation.

I feel the same way towards The Peanuts Movie as well.

Of course, money talks and if this movie does well a sequel will happen.
Its decision to give it "The First Epic Movie" for a subtitle tells me they want more.

But I can see why you think a second movie could be a tough move.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't reply to everyone but thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Haven't played much of it, but so far so good. Akuma in particular feels silky smooth in Tekken.

Still need to try out Story Mode and Arcade Mode is pretty gutted as reported not long ago (5 fights with 2 being bosses and no endings because those are tied to character episodes)

This just tells me the fans are the ones taking the game too seriously.
I liked what I've played with Akuma so far, which is only like 3 fights and all of his story mode stuff.

Despite playing Tekken since I was really young, I never tried to get really good at it. I've only got basic 5 or 6 hit combos with the characters I like. So I'm hoping to put a little more time into Jin, Nina, King and Eddy. Obviously, I'm not trying to go pro, but getting used to 2 or 3 strings each.

I think the only major content missing is Team Battle and Survival. I hope they'll get some modes down the line too. I'm fine with a smaller arcade mode since Treasure Battle fills in the gaps in a way.

Also, online Tekken Bowl, you know you want it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was told from a number of people that The Emoji Movie trailer (something I've still never seen in fear of losing brain cells) was played before Captain Underpants.

Good thing I went to a small theater (that only had 2 trailers before the film).

Zebei does a 'Dream Smasher' article...on spurce gaming

That's not for Viridi...

I am disappoint...
I thought about doing Viridi, but I think I started this right after starting Bravely Default, with Second giving me the inspiration for finishing.

. . .plus Tiz has a way more obvious gimmick and way easier moves to pull from since about 90% of them are just special moves.

I would say "maybe I'll do Viridi next" if it went for the fact it would probably not be done until KIU2 is released in like 20 years :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ive seen the trailer on YT and Yeah the trailer is stupid but it isnt that bad
Well, I'll eventually see it sooner or later (either accidentally or TV commercials when its release is near).

Regardless the quality of the trailer, I ain't watching the movie.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The unbelievable happened, Demon's Crest's main red star killed Arthur in the end. Well not literally, but he definitely won that poll with no difficulty. There's definitely enough potential with abilities from his games compared to Arthur's gimmick of tossing lances and other GnG items. Astaroth and Prin Prin were barren, which is fine since the former is trophy material with the latter being best as a boss.

Next up is the predecessor of Street Fighter and one of Capcom's biggest side scrolling beat em ups. Final Fight is known for two big things, the infamous Mad Gear Gang and the famous may Mike Haggar. For know, we will cover the heroes will the gangsters being done tomorrow morning. Your choices are Mike Haggar, Cody Travers, Guy, and Maki Genryusai.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Body Splash for days.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was told from a number of people that The Emoji Movie trailer (something I've still never seen in fear of losing brain cells) was played before Captain Underpants.

Good thing I went to a small theater (that only had 2 trailers before the film).
It did in my theater.

It was pretty painful, to say the least.

Nothing will ever be as bad as playing the trailer for Boss Baby before Rogue One (yes that actually happened to me).

D

Deleted member

The unbelievable happened, Demon's Crest's main red star killed Arthur in the end. Well not literally, but he definitely won that poll with no difficulty. There's definitely enough potential with abilities from his games compared to Arthur's gimmick of tossing lances and other GnG items. Astaroth and Prin Prin were barren, which is fine since the former is trophy material with the latter being best as a boss.

Next up is the predecessor of Street Fighter and one of Capcom's biggest side scrolling beat em ups. Final Fight is known for two big things, the infamous Mad Gear Gang and the famous may Mike Haggar. For know, we will cover the heroes will the gangsters being done tomorrow morning. Your choices are Mike Haggar, Cody Travers, Guy, and Maki Genryusai.

Body Splash for days.
You made a Final Fight poll with my Street Fighter main Guy on it, yet I wasn't tagged.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Body Splash for days.
I'm surprised that the choices aren't all just Mike Haggar.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Body Splash for days.
People better respect the Pipe

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Looking at the list of what/how to unlock stuff in Super Smash Flash 2 Beta*

*Steel Diver stage is unlocked by dying 20 times in the Lake of Rage stage*

This is a ****ing clever idea whoever thought of it!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey fam.

I'm cooking burgers for breakfast again.

upload_2017-6-4_21-3-56.png

Angry Double Gouda Fatburger.

Two Fatburger patties with sautéed onions, applewood smoked Gouda, and chipotle sauce on a toasted bun.

If I have a heart attack tonight, I died doing what I loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom