• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Beat Desaix on Alm's side and Grieth on Celica's
God, why does that ****ing cemetery need to be in the way of literally anything on Celica's route?
Want to forge? Zombies. Want to go back and promote? Zombies. Want to clear the game? DOUBLE ZOMBIES.

Nah, it's probably Siegbert

Something something relevant

ULTIMATE MADE IN HEAVEN BOYZ.
No jojoke tough, Purple Haze Feedback is actually pretty freaking great. Definily the best novel to watch out of the bunch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But Nintendo would never actually get in legal trouble over one parent.
You underestimate America's stupidity. A customer successfully won a lawsuit against McDonald's after burning herself with coffee because "They didn't warn me the cup of coffee would be hot" or Axe, the deodorant brand, losing a lawsuit because a man who used their deodorant wasn't getting swarmed by attractive women like in their commercials. Not saying you're right, but the world's done stupid ****

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You underestimate America's stupidity. A customer successfully won a lawsuit against McDonald's after burning herself with coffee because "They didn't warn me the cup of coffee would be hot" or Axe, the deodorant brand, losing a lawsuit because a man who used their deodorant wasn't getting swarmed by attractive women like in their commercials. Not saying you're right, but the world's done stupid ****
Please don't use the McDonalds lawsuit as an example. McDonalds was in the wrong there, the woman got third degree burns and need skin grafting
https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

D

Deleted member

Expel is a blessing, I love this spell
I really wish other FE games would use this Magic system so I don't keep my Staves until Endgame because of my "What if I need them later?" tendencies
Definily the best novel to watch out of the bunch.
How?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Please don't use the McDonalds lawsuit as an example. McDonalds was in the wrong there, the woman got third degree burns and need skin grafting
https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts
Damn. That's a detail they never leave behind then. Though the Axe thing and the infamous dog and microwave stories don't have something like that

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Damn. That's a detail they never leave behind then. Though the Axe thing and the infamous dog and microwave stories don't have something like that
There's a lot of dumb cases, many of which go through. But that McDonalds one is far from it. Yeah, sure it's her fault for spilling the coffee on herself, but when the coffee is kept at a temperature that can cause serious damage to people, that's mainly on McDonalds. She wasn't even the first to be injured, just the first to get McDonalds to change their policy

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I really wish other FE games would use this Magic system so I don't keep my Staves until Endgame because of my "What if I need them later?" tendencies

How?

Because it stay in canon while introducing new character that are good on their own and don't have overpowered stand. The main character, Fugo, gain some great character developpement that make him a much better character than in part 5, while still staying true to his character. And finally, the ending of the novel is a much better ending than the ending that part 5 had. So, in short, there is no 32 Kars on mars, but the plot make actual sense.

So, go check out, the novel have been translated in English. So you should have no problem to find it online if you are interested.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Charlie the Clown was the winner for the classic Konami poll. Oolong, Momotaro, and Penta weren't even as having enough potential despite one of them being a fighter. I'd blame JonTron.

Next is another trademark Konami series known for its trademark wacky Japanese humor, Ganbare Goemon. Your choices are Goemon, Sasuke, Yae, and Ebisumaru.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

How?

I know Blue already replied, but Purple Haze Feedback's not a Jorge Joestar thing, but like a Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan. Which in hindsight is probably why it's taking so long for Part V to get done, they're still animating that and using Part 8's art style

D

Deleted member

Better examples of stupid American lawsuits are the footlong lawsuit and the red bull gives you wings lawsuit.

Because it stay in canon while introducing new character that are good on their own and don't have overpowered stand. The main character, Fugo, gain some great character developpement that make him a much better character than in part 5, while still staying true to his character. And finally, the ending of the novel is a much better ending than the ending that part 5 had. So, in short, there is no 32 Kars on mars, but the plot make actual sense.

So, go check out, the novel have been translated in English. So you should have no problem to find it online if you are interested.
Actually, there were 36 Kars on Mars. If it was only 32 it'd be no big deal, but 36 makes it the greatest novel of all time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well, this is just great...

The first two pirate maps weren't difficult at all, but the third one is just stupid.

All of your units are on a very small boat. You have three OP water dragons on that boat that will deal huge damage to any of your units, both with Talons or a Water Breath, and you have to deal with Reinforcements every other turn. The reinforcements aren't too troublesome outside of dragons that can silence your mages and healers, but those OP water dragons move after a few turns, and you can't take them out all at once.

I guess I'll have to retry that map using some Invoke units, but man, I didn't think the postgame would dramatically pick up in difficulty with that final pirate map.
I think I just had Alm wipe the Dagons up with Double Lion, and Tobin helped with his Brave Sword and 92% crit rate, and Faye to rescue them if things got too hairy (she was also useful for Seraphim, and I gave her the Speed Ring so she could double stuff). I think if you engage them at close range, they just use Talon, which doesn't have the ignore-defence attack. So if your attackers have enough defence, they should be fine...ish. As for the other enemies, they're all flying Terrors, so my two archers (Gray and Leon) took them down pretty easily with their Blessed and Killer Bows respectively. The Killer Bow is really good, I really recommend getting one if you haven't already, and learning the Hunter's Volley art asap (it's basically the same idea as Alm's Double Lion, which is really useful since Leon and Gray are kinda slow and aren't doubling anything normally). Catria was very helpful as well, for her skill that gives her bonus damage against Terrors. And I also had two mages (Mae and Delthea) with Mage Rings for the added range. I actually managed to beat the map in two turns, before any reinforcements showed up at all, but if they do show up, you ideally want to shoot them down before they reach the boat.

The post-game certainly does ramp up the difficulty quite a bit compared to the main game... once you hit the ninth floor of the post-game dungeon, you will probably want to just avoid every enemy there unless you are really confident. I had no trouble with any part of the post-game, myself, but that's just because I have more experience than probably most people here with these games, and I know how to "work" with the AI.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Better examples of stupid American lawsuits are the footlong lawsuit and the red bull gives you wings lawsuit.

Actually, there were 36 Kars on Mars. If it was only 32 it'd be no big deal, but 36 makes it the greatest novel of all time.
Ah ****, this comic make as much sense as a universe made of potato. The Filthy Frank Universe make more sense that this novel, and I am not kidding on this last point.:ganondorfmelee:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Charlie the Clown was the winner for the classic Konami poll. Oolong, Momotaro, and Penta weren't even as having enough potential despite one of them being a fighter. I'd blame JonTron.

Next is another trademark Konami series known for its trademark wacky Japanese humor, Ganbare Goemon. Your choices are Goemon, Sasuke, Yae, and Ebisumaru.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Sasuke >>>>>>>>>> Goemon

Also, what the hell does JonTron has to do with Circus Charlie?

D

Deleted member

Ah ****, this comic make as much sense as a universe made of potato. The Filthy Frank Universe make more sense that this novel, and I am not kidding on this last point.:ganondorfmelee:
The only thing that would make sense is Kars being able to morph his own stands. But yes, everything doesn't make any sense.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I just had Alm wipe the Dagons up with Double Lion, and Tobin helped with his Brave Sword and 92% crit rate, and Faye to rescue them if things got too hairy (she was also useful for Seraphim, and I gave her the Speed Ring so she could double stuff). I think if you engage them at close range, they just use Talon, which doesn't have the ignore-defence attack. So if your attackers have enough defence, they should be fine...ish. As for the other enemies, they're all flying Terrors, so my two archers (Gray and Leon) took them down pretty easily with their Blessed and Killer Bows respectively. The Killer Bow is really good, I really recommend getting one if you haven't already, and learning the Hunter's Volley art asap (it's basically the same idea as Alm's Double Lion, which is really useful since Leon and Gray are kinda slow and aren't doubling anything normally). Catria was very helpful as well, for her skill that gives her bonus damage against Terrors. And I also had two mages (Mae and Delthea) with Mage Rings for the added range. I actually managed to beat the map in two turns, before any reinforcements showed up at all, but if they do show up, you ideally want to shoot them down before they reach the boat.

The post-game certainly does ramp up the difficulty quite a bit compared to the main game... once you hit the ninth floor of the post-game dungeon, you will probably want to just avoid every enemy there unless you are really confident. I had no trouble with any part of the post-game, myself, but that's just because I have more experience than probably most people here with these games, and I know how to "work" with the AI.
The Killer Bow is the reason you make Atlas an Archer.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

WVW69kXQ5wgulwaICP.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Today, I learned that there's an anime dub that may have mistreated the original show WORSE than 4kids with One Piece. There's this show called Cardcaptor Sakura, your typical magical girl anime for young girls with a cutesy artstyle. The localization team felt like they should try to cater to young boys aswell despite the show having none of that. They cut out a bunch of episodes in an attempt to make a show for little girls less girly and apparently changed up the story big time

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally got a Shadows of Valentia unit in Heroes, and it's one of my favorites.

Four star Boey hype! :D He's got some great skills too, and his stat spread is pretty much "Faster Green Magic Chrom." Definitely going to invest some time into him and use him on my main squad.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Re-watching Card Captor Sakura as an adult is something cool to do; that way you can detect all the moments they changed or outright censored.
As a kid I couldn't see that Yukito and Sakura's brother were turbo gay for each other or that Tomoyo is uber obsesed with Sakura.
Maybe it was censored in my dub too, maybe it was Maybelline.

Chrono.

Re-watching Card Captor Sakura as an adult is something cool to do; that way you can detect all the moments they changed or outright censored.
As a kid I couldn't see that Yukito and Sakura's brother were turbo gay for each other or that Tomoyo is uber obsesed with Sakura.
Maybe it was censored in my dub too, maybe it was Maybelline.
The English dub for Sakura tried making it look more like an action anime than a magical girl/slice of life one.

I don't know if that's the same for the Latino Spanish dub, but probably not since those are more faithful for the most part.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, Mathilda actually makes me question why I bothered with Clive
I know Blue already replied, but Purple Haze Feedback's not a Jorge Joestar thing, but like a Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan. Which in hindsight is probably why it's taking so long for Part V to get done, they're still animating that and using Part 8's art style
I meant "how" as in "how do you watch a novel?"
You mean Leon's Bow? :^)
I made my Atlas a Merc
Honestly, even with all the Sword competition going around due to Merc Land on Celica's team, he kicks ass thanks to the fix on his Spd
Hell, he's ORKOing with an Iron Sword. I think I'll give him the Darkness Sword while I don't have anything better.
Today, I learned that there's an anime dub that may have mistreated the original show WORSE than 4kids with One Piece. There's this show called Cardcaptor Sakura, your typical magical girl anime for young girls with a cutesy artstyle. The localization team felt like they should try to cater to young boys aswell despite the show having none of that. They cut out a bunch of episodes in an attempt to make a show for little girls less girly and apparently changed up the story big time
They also removed cousins
And a Magical Girl anime without cousins isn't a true magical girl anime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The English dub for Sakura tried making it look more like an action anime than a magical girl/slice of life one.

I don't know if that's the same for the Latino Spanish dub, but probably not since those are more faithful for the most part.
I have blurry memories of CCS on WB; kinda edgy commercials were Kero was confused with Pikachu, but then Telefutura appears and squashes said memories :substitute:

Probably they left those stuff as ambigous, the LA Spanish Dubs were good at doing that to prevent the series from getting butchered.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
hey hey hey

Dont talk **** about Cardcapator

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For us French, Cardcaptor Sakura was dubbed perfecty in French and without any big change to the scenario. So not cut or out of character moment at any point. I really don't understand tough what the first English dub tried to do with this show. It's like they were triggered that a magical girl show could actually be more mature and wanted to make it "just for cute little girl that don't have brain". Good lord, I hate those kind of peoples who need to censor everything and make it "4 kids", like, they really need to grown up, no joke.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

View attachment 130271
45% crit? How cute. But maybe you'd better leave this to a man with a bigger skill stat.

(disclaimer: I don't use Valbar often for the post-game, but that's still 63% crit without him)

Nothing beats Dread Fighter Tobin, though:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
She said 4Kids made it worse how is that talking ****
It wasn't 4kids, but some studio called Nirvana
For us French, Cardcaptor Sakura was dubbed perfecty in French and without any big change to the scenario. So not cut or out of character moment at any point. I really don't understand tough what the first English dub tried to do with this show. It's like they were triggered that a magical girl show could actually be more mature and wanted to make it "just for cute little girl that don't have brain". Good lord, I hate those kind of peoples who need to censor everything and make it "4 kids", like, they really need to grown up, no joke.
It wasn't censored per se, but edged up so boys would watch it too

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It wasn't 4kids, but some studio called Nirvana

It wasn't censored per se, but edged up so boys would watch it too
It was still a far cry from the original, really, it didn't have anything over the original dub or the better dub from other country. Beside maybe the opening? I don't really know.:drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom